Search the best hotels in Jerusalem
One of the most magnificent cities in the world, there are very few words that can do justice to Jerusalem. There's interest and intrigue at every turn in this beguiling, mythical city. Its history is one of contest and conquest, having been attacked as many as 52 times since the city's founding. Containing some of Islam, Judaism and Christianity's most significant religious sites, it's certainly a melting pot of peoples, cultures and philosophies. Our selection of the best places to stay in Jerusalem range from charming little boutiques to impressive five-star hotels.
Things not to miss:
- Any trip to Jerusalem should start in the Old City. Made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1981 it includes some of the city's most famous sights such as the 'Wailing' Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Dome of the Rock.
- Visit the Yad Vashem Museum, a humbling memorial to the Holocaust.
- Another museum that is certainly worth visiting is the Israel Museum, the country's national museum, displaying everything from archaeological collections to fine art.
- Visit the magnificent Mount of Olives, a site of special significance to both Judaism and Christianity. It looks out over the city and features around 150,000 Jewish graves as well as churches.
- Explore the archaeological wonders of the ancient City of David.
It's a city that will live long in the memory; a unique spot that holds countless possibilities for any visitor. Whether it's luxury or traditional charm, our choice of the best places to stay in Jerusalem offer a broad range of options that will please all.
The best places to stay in Jerusalem
- Right on the seamline between East and West Jerusalem, The American Colony Hotel has a rich heritage. Famous former clientele include Lawrence of Arabia, Bob Dylan and Tony Blair; the place exudes class. A superb restaurant and deluxe rooms make it a great place to retreat to after a day exploring the city.
- The Orient Jerusalem is perfect if you're looking for luxurious pampering. From the stunning rooftop pool overlooking the holy city to the hotel's superb restaurant, there's indulgence at every turn.
- Iconic, magnificent, excessive; take your pick to describe the King David Hotel. Featuring every creature comfort you can imagine, the property lives up to its global reputation. Four sublime restaurants will keep the foodies content.
For boutique charm
- Nestled into Ein Kerem village, Alegra Boutique Hotel is a tranquil spot a short way from Jerusalem's city centre. Beautifully designed with elegant furnishings and tasteful artwork, it's a great place for a relaxing romantic break.
For city style
- Once home to a prominent Jerusalem doctor, Villa Brown Jerusalem is steeped in history and charm. Elegant design features, an inviting cocktail bar and a sublime rooftop jacuzzi are all highlights.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Ben Gurion International, 36 miles from Jerusalem.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Jerusalem is March to April or September to November when the weather is temperate.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at our list of the best places to stay in Jerusalem.
- Expand the search to the best places to stay in Israel.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Jerusalem
Best Hotels in Jerusalem
Alegra Boutique Hotel Jerusalem (Ein Kerem) 13 rooms from £178Sights nearby - Be sure to visit Rachel's Tomb, Western Wall, Dome of the Rock or any number of nearby historic attractionsGreat walks - Meander through the streets of this iconic city getting a feel for its unique atmosphereLocal markets - Check out the bustling Mahane Yehuda open-air market!Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Alegra Boutique Hotel is situated in Ein Kerem village, a short distance outside Jerusalem's centre. This historic 18th century property offers elegant accommodation fusing original exposed-stone walls and Persian rugs with contemporary bathrooms. Enjoy 8-course dinners! A truly magnificent stay. See More
The American Colony Hotel Jerusalem 92 rooms from £189Sights nearby - The American Colony Hotel's not far from the Western Wall, Garden of Gethsemane or the Holyland Model of JerusalemGreat walks - Wander around Jerusalem's historic Old Town and take in the area's magnificent sense of historyLocal markets - There are a wide array of street and flea markets to check out - just get ready to haggle!Romantic - Good for couples.
The Orient Jerusalem Jerusalem 243 rooms from £202Sights nearby - Jerusalem is full of superb sights such as Mishkenot Sha'ananim, Moses Montefiore Windmill and Mamilla Open Mal.Great walks - Walking through Jerusalem is wondrous.Local markets - Visit the bustling Machne Yehuda.Romantic - Good for couples.
Villa Brown Jerusalem Jerusalem 24 rooms from £297Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from world renowned sights such as Damascus Gate, The Great Synagogue and Church of the Holy Sepulchre.Local markets - Explore the manic Mahne Yehuda Market.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Airport transfer
King David Hotel Jerusalem 233 rooms from £333Sights nearby - Visit the historic Tower of David, The Tunnels of Time, the Western Wall and the Dome of the RockGreat walks - Wander all over this iconic city getting a feel for its unique atmosphereRomantic - Good for couples.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet
The 5* King David Hotel enjoys a fantastic central location in Jerusalem. This iconic hotel offers luxuriously elegant accommodation featuring muted tones and with many of the rooms boasting spectacular views of the Old City. No less than four sublime restaurants to try! A splendid city stay. See More