- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Chieti
Chieti is a charming hilltop town with wonderful views over the Aterno valley, and the rolling vine-clad hills surrounding it. There’s been a township here since before the Romans and as a result of such the town has a fascinating archaeoligical history. Some of the best places to stay in Chieti are in the hilltop town itself, but if you’re looking for something more modern then you might want to stay in Chieti Scalo, which is the new commercial part of town.
Things not to miss:.
- There are two very good archaeological museums displaying some of the town’s ancient treasures and artefacts.
- Chieti is also only a few kilometres from the Adriatic. It’s on a crest, just above the Pescara River. So there are plenty of places to visit nearby, and some amazing walking trails.
- As well as the museums, Chieti has a very fine Romanesque cathedral, dedicated to Saint Justin - some of his relics can be found in the crypt, and a 14th century tower. There are also often excavations going on, and so far the remains of a large reservoir and an ancient theatre have been uncovered.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Chieti is a stunning castle conversion in Semivicoli, just outside town.
The best places to stay in Chieti
For a stunning castle conversion
- Just outside Chieti in Semivicoli is the Castello di Semivicoli, a wonderful castle set amongst its own vineyards on rolling hills. There are just seven rooms and suites - all a generous size - with elegant furnishings, sandstone floors, large beds and stand-alone bathtubs.
For something different
- For something quite different consider Fireflies and Figs, two luxurious yurts set amongst stunning olive groves and offering sweeping views of the surrounding countryside. The interiors are rustic chic, and if you’re looking for rural bliss then this is it.
For a private apartment or villa
- For some additional privacy, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Chieti is Pescara (6 miles).
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Chieti is from May to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Chieti for you?
Best Hotels in Chieti
Castello di Semivicoli 7 rooms from $160Chieti (Semivicoli)
A castle set in rolling hills and not far from the coast. A historic beauty with its own vineyards and wonderful rooms. Bedrooms and suites, enormous in size, have sandstone floors, large beds, stand alone bath tubs, and elegant furnishings. Fantastic wine tasting facilities. Ideal for groups.Wine tasting - The wine cellar is purpose built for wine tasting from the many oak barrels.Good wine list - An excellent choice of its own vintages.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Il Feuduccio, Cantina Sociale and Monumento ai Caduti.