- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Gorizia
Gorizia is a town in North Eastern Italy which lies on the border with Slovenia. It sits at the foot of the Julian Alps - a sheltered position which gives the town a pleasant mild mediterranean climate. As a result of this Gorizia has become a popular resort. Literally straddling the border, there is a twin ‘Novo’ Gorica in Slovenia which is slightly more modern and ‘racy’ - it boasts several casinos. No passports are required to cross the border. The best places to stay in Gorizia offer the visitor comfortable and elegant accommodation and a range of activities to cater for all tastes.
Things not to miss:
- Gorizia itself is famous for its medieval castle - once the seat of power and administration.
- It's also home to number of lovely churches including the beautiful church of St. Ignatious of Loyola - with its Venetian art.
- The town boasts various Palazzi - notably the Coronini Cronberg.
- Any trainspotters will go mad for Gorizia's magnificent train station.
- Go trekking in the nearby Julian Alps.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Gorizia are all out of town and one of them is even in Slovenia!
The best places to stay in Gorizia
For Castello comfort and golf
- The Castello di Spessa is a luxury hotel on a grand scale. The rooms, apartments, suites and villa are all tastefully chic. It boasts three restaurants, lovely grounds and masses of on site activities inlcuding its very own eighteen hole golf course. It's a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
For relaxing amongst the vineyards
- Set in a lovely 16th century castle, Hotel Gredic is actually just over the border in Slovenia. Looking out over vineyards, the hotel features delightful rooms, an excellent restaurant and a whole host of delicious local wines to try. A great base from which to explore both the Italian and Slovenian side of the border.
For a private apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The closest airport to Gorizia is Trieste (14 miles).
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Gorizia is from May to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Nothing here that fits the bill?
Best Hotels in Gorizia
Hotel Gredic 7 rooms from $137Gorizia
A beautiful hotel amidst sprawling vineyards on the Slovenia-Italia border. A grand 16th century castle coupled with chic, modern interiors. Try delicious local wines or experience the unique convergence of Slovenian and Italian culinary culture in its restaurant. A frontier marvel.Romantic Break - Incredibly romantic spot amongst the sprawling Slovenian vineyards.Local exploring - Explore both Slovenia and Italy with easeGreat walks - Explore beautiful walking routes amongst the vineyards.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Castello di Spessa from 121Gorizia
A sprawling resort that offers golf, riding, wine tasting and lots of different accommodation. Traditional chic rooms, suites, apartments and a villa can be found across the estate. Three restaurants, cooking lessons, beautiful grounds and historic wine cellars. Excellent for groups or weddings.Groups - The Castle, Tavern, Boatina, and Vineyards offer varying accommodation; villas, rooms, suites, apartments.Restaurant - Three different restaurants offer a wide choice from gourmet to more informal cuisines.Families - The Vineyards offer six apartments that sleep up to four each.Active Holiday - Golf, wine tasting, sports, riding.