- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lake Bracciano
About Lake Bracciano
You'll no doubt have heard of Lazio, Italy's beautiful lakes region, but you may not have realised that some of the country's most charming lakes are flooded volcanic craters just 32kms north of the centre of Rome - Lake Bracciano being the best known. The best places to stay in Lake Bracciano make ideal bases if you want to get to know both the city of Rome and the surrounding Lazio countryside.
Not to miss
There are three towns along the banks of Lake Bracciano. These have become popular and glamorous spots for Romans on a summer weekend trip out of town.
- Bracciano is famous for the beautifully preserved 15th Century castle.
- Trevignano Romano is popular with the sailing crowds and is a great spot for a peaceful stroll into the hills.
- Anguillara Sabazia is closest to Lake Bracciano's little undeveloped sister, Lake Martignano.
One of the reasons for Lake Bracciano's great beauty is that it is incredibly clean - it is actually a reservoir for Rome's drinking water. No motorboats are allowed but you are allowed to swim, sail and mess about in the water.
The best places to stay in Lake Bracciano offer options for all but our favourites are an intimate seven room villa and an ancient converted castle.
The best places to stay around Lake Bracciano
For Lakeside Hotel
- Villa Clementina is a romantic seven room hotel right by the lake offering superb views and surrounded by sunflower fields. Rooms and suites have stone floors and traditional murals. There are tennis courts, a luxurious spa and a fine dining restaurant.
For Historic Stay
- Castello della Castelluccia is an ideal option if you'd like to spend time in Rome but also enjoy the beauty of the hills and Lake Bracciano. A gorgeous 12th Century castle converted into a 23 room hotel complete with original chapel, Mediterranean gardens, terracotta and parquet floors and lavish furnishings.
For a private apartment or villa
- For a place all to yourself, visit our online partner Booking.com.
- The closest airport to the lake is Rome's Fluminico Leonardo Da Vinci (33 miles).
- For those keen on hiring a car to explore the lakes area, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Lake Bracciano is during the summer months when temperatures sit nicely in the early 20s.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lake Bracciano
Villa Clementina 7 rooms from $166Lake Bracciano
A heavenly hotel close to Lake Bracciano. Utterly romantic bedrooms and suites have creamy furnishings, stone floors and traditional murals on sandstone walls. Delightful living areas, fine dining Italian restaurant, a luxurious spa, tennis courts. A perfect spot for a honeymoon or romantic break.Outstanding location - A heavenly location close to the lake and surrounded by sunflower fields.Foodies - Fine dining restaurant serves Italian cuisine.Spa breaksRomantic Break