Riva del Garda
Search the best hotels in Riva del Garda
About Riva del Garda
Riva del Garda occupies a spectacular spot, surrounded by sheer rocky cliffs on three sides and the serenity of Lake Garda on the other. it is situated at the northern point of the lake and has played an important role historically. Today it has a beautiful collection of architecture and a maze of streets. The elegant Piazza III Novembre is at the centre of the historic part of town and this area is definitely one of the best places to stay in Riva del Garda.
What not to miss
- Museo Civico is located in the Rocca, a medieval fortress with quadrangular bastions overlooking the lake.
- The Chiesa dell'Inviolata dominates the Largo Marconi and is thought to be one of the most beautiful baroque churches in the region.
- The surrounding area is full of geological sites of interest such Tenno Lake, Lago di Ledro with a paleoethnographic museum and the Varone Falls.
Like many of the towns on Garda, the best places to stay in Riva del Garda will have a stunning location overlooking the lake.
The best places to stay in Riva del Garda
For five star luxury
- The LIdo Palace is a five star resort perfectly positioned between lovely Lake Garda and the mountains. The stunning Liberty villa has been converted into a 42 room hotel with contemporary designer flair. There’s a fabulous spa, extensive grounds and a gourmet restaurant.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Riva del Garda is Verona (37 miles).
- Hiring a car gives you great flexibility when exploring the lake and its surroundings, so visit out online partner Rentalcars to get the best prices.
- The summer is the best time to visit Lake Garda with the temperatures sitting comfortably in the twenties from May to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Riva del Garda
Active & Family Gioiosa Riva del Garda 34 rooms from £101Families - Families are at the heart of this hotel, with suites, activities and facilities designed to accommodate parents with childrenCountry Escape - Set in the beautiful natural landscape of the Italian Lake District, book this hotel for a peaceful escape to the countrysideActive Holiday - With a range of daily excursions available, from cycling to trekking and canyoning, choose this hotel for an active getawayViews - Great views from hotel
This family-oriented hotel is tucked away between the mountains and olive groves of Riva del Garda. The hotel offers a range of packages which are great for active families, from canyoning to hiking and mountain biking. Join an excursion or simply relax in the verdant gardens by the pool. See More
Du Lac et Du Parc Grand Resort Riva del Garda 163 rooms from £264Active Holiday - Set on the banks of Lake Garda with a sailing club, gym and sports facilities onsite, book this resort for an active breakRomantic Break - With beautiful views over the Italian Lake District, book this hotel for a romantic getaway in a spetacular landscapeFamilies - Families are well-catered to at this resort, with a Miniclub for children plus lots of family-friendly activitiesGreat walks - Discover the verdant grounds the resort is situated in on a long walk; ask the hotel to provide a picnic to take with you
This unique, four-star resort is nestled in the heart of the Italian Lake District on the banks of Lake Garda. The resort offers classic suites and private bungalows, great for a family stay or a romantic break. Discover the region's beautiful lakes through the resort's chic sailing club. See More
LIdo Palace Riva del Garda 42 rooms from £440FoodiesHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Five Star luxury on the shores of Lake Garda and at the foot of mountains and nature reserve. Stunning liberty building is home to designer contemporary flair - rooms and suites have all glass walls, modern gadgets, huge beds, and stand alone bathtubs. Fabulous spa, gourmet restaurant and grounds. See More