Search the best hotels in Diani Beach
About Diani Beach
Situated in the heart of Kenya’s popular Coast Province is the stunning beach destination of Diani Beach. White sand beaches, crystal clear waters and a lush natural environment combine to make this a tropical paradise, perfect for a relaxing beach holiday. There is plenty to do here, including kite-surfing, windsurfing and sailing, while on dry land there's shopping and a vibrant nightlife. Accommodation options range from simple, self-catering hideaways to sophisticated beach resorts, catering to a variety of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in Diani Beach offer easy access to all activities, with epic ocean views.
As well as the crystal-clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean lapping at the warm sands of this gorgeous white beach, you will also find plush green vegetation just behind the beach, with tall coconut palms and mangrove swamps. You won’t be short of things to do here — try your hand at kitesurfing, jet skiing or snorkelling. But Diani Beach also offers the opportunity to simply lounge by the water and do nothing — particularly appealing if you've been on an action-packed safari beforehand!
No matter how you plan to spend your time here, there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone, with numerous restaurants, boutiques and bars, as well as activities to suit every passion. Don’t wait too long though — book in good time, the best places to stay in Diani Beach are highly popular!
The Best Places to Stay at Diani Beach
For an intimate hideaway
- Diani House is a charming property cocooned on the edge of the forest with pristine white sands and turquoise waters. A home from home with four beautiful bedrooms decorated in white with four-poster beds. A private retreat with plenty of beach activities, highly relaxing.
For beach chic
- Afrochic Diani Beach is chic ten-room boutique hotel set on the beach. Each room is individually styled ranging from avant garde with animal prints and four-posters to the more traditional. There's a large outdoor pool, a small spa, and an innovative restaurant. Ideal for a romantic beach getaway.
For all out luxury
- Alfajiri is one of the finest properties on the Kenyan coast. It's a secluded group of three luxury villas offering privacy, romance and beach fun. Luxurious rooms boast beautiful drapes and four poster beds. Two have private beach access, one has its own pool and unlimited access to the nearby golfclub. Fantastic for groups. A seriously spoiling stay!
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think you'd be best served by a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit Diani Beach is between June and October, the dry season, when the average temperature is around 25°C and there's little chance of rainfall. This is also the best time to spot wildlife if you are also planning a safari, as the bush is less dense at that time of year, with less mosquitos.
- That said, if you want to avoid peak season prices (and crowds), then aim to visit from November to May. Whilst there's more rainfall, the forest behind the beach is lusciously green and you have the opportunity to spot newborn animals as well as migratory birds.
- Diani Beach is served by Moi International Airport in Mombasa, about an hour and a half drive away.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Kenya.
- Widen the net to include our list of all the best places to stay in Tanzania.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Diani Beach
Best Hotels in Diani Beach
Diani House Diani Beach (South of Mombasa) 6 rooms from £122Honeymoons - Honeymoon heaven with desert island bbq's for two, sunset cruises in traditional dhows, and long walks along the private beach.Beach Life - White sands, crystal clear waters, deep sea fishing, snorkelling and diving- they have it all here!Local markets - Colourful local markets are within close range of the hotel, pick up some local traditional crafts.Fishing - The hotel has its own boat and deep sea fishing equipment to catch billfish, tuna or kingfish.
Cocooned in a coastal forest with pristine white sands and turquoise waters. A home from home with four beautiful bedrooms decorated in white with four-poster beds. A private retreat with plenty of beach activities, relaxing and an opportunity to explore the wildlife with a game drive. See More
Afrochic Diani Beach Diani Beach 10 rooms from £246Romantic Break - An intimate option for a romantic getaway made by the private dining offered throughout the property and the spaBeach Life - Set just 100m from one of Kenya's best beaches, this is the perfect spot to come and unwind on the sandsBoutique - Ten chic and individually styled rooms with attentive service and amenities of a much larger hotelRestaurant - Innovative dishes are served anywhere guests choose within the property be it on your balcony or at the beach
A chic ten-room boutique hotel set on one of Kenya's prettiest beaches. Each room is individually styled ranging from avant garde with animal prints and four-posters to the more traditional. There's a large outdoor pool, a small spa, and an innovative restaurant. Ideal for a romantic beach getaway. See More
The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel Diani Beach 15 rooms from £376Boutique - Rooms are individual, and feature local and natural materials — driftwood, Swahili antiques and original tribal handicraftsActive Holiday - Located on the award winning Diani Beach, there is a myriad of watersports to experience, including wind and kite surfingCharming - Authentic decor, with white walls, traditional fabrics and furnishings, with four poster beds and intricate designsLocal exploring - Head to Shimba Hills National Reserve (an hour's drive) and see the largest density of African elephants in Kenya
An intimate hotel situated on the sandy Diani Beach. Rooms vary in size, with authentic decor, traditional fabrics, four poster beds and intricately designed features. Dine in the restaurant or pool deck. Chill by the pool or enjoy the plethora of watersports. Boutique bliss. See More
Kinondo Kwetu Diani Beach 15 rooms from £638Active Holiday - An array of watersports and outdoor activities are available, equipment is on site, and the hosts can arrnage excursionsBoutique - All rooms are individually styled, with charming patterns and traditional decor of local artifacts and Kenyan detailsRomantic - Intimiate rooms with authentic interiors, beautiful stone flooring, and intricately carved wooden furnitureBeach Life - The hotel is located on private beach, within the remote Galu Beach just south of Diani Beach
An idyllic boutique lodge on a private white sandy beach. Individually designed rooms & cottage are decorated with authentic Swahili handicrafts and antiques. Delicious table d'hote style dining. Chill out by the pool or enjoy an array of outdoor activities. A secluded paradise. See More
Alfajiri Diani Beach (Ukunda) 3 rooms from £781Honeymoons - Private villas oozing romance and luxury, with private butlers, infinity pools, al fresco dining and sunset dhow sailing trips.Total relaxation - Lounge by the infinity pool with a fresh fruit cocktail, stroll along the white sands or enjoy an in-room massage.Beach Life - Beach activities for all the family, from whale spotting trips to kite surfing, snorkelling and sailing.Diving - Diving and Diving Courses are avaliable on request, explore the unique marine life of Diani Beach.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
One of the finest properties on the Kenyan coast. This secluded group of three luxury villas offers privacy, romance and beach fun. Luxurious rooms with beautiful drapes and four posters. Enjoy meals overlooking the private beach. Relaxed vibes for those wanting to unwind. See More