Search the best hotels in Luxembourg
Best Hotels in Luxembourg
Tiny Luxembourg has a grand title - The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, which well befits its position as number three on the list of the world's richest countries. Obviously it has not grown rich from its 84kms stretch of land. The wealth originally came from the steel industry but these days the money is in finance.
It's not all sharp suits and glass towers though, much of Luxembourg's ancient centre is Heritage Listed - which is also where you'll find many of the best places to stay in Luxembourg. Beyond that you'll find forested hills hiding picturesque villages.
Things not to miss
- After you've been impressed by Luxembourg City's beauty on a stroll along the Chemin de la Corniche, the castle ramparts with a river view, it's a good idea to continue your visit at the Musee d'Historie de la Ville de Luxembourg, converted from a charming row of 17th Century houses.
- The Grand Ducal Palace is beautiful from the outside but even more impressive from within. The Gothic Notre Dame is also an unmissable sight, as you'll not be able to avoid its gaze when you are walking around town.
- When it's time to head back to modern Luxembourg, go via Mudam and the ground breaking exhibitions of modern art.
- There's more to Luxembourg than the city though - this is the bit the business travellers might never get to see! You might then want to visit Vianden for its famous chateau, Mullerthal for the Moselle wine or Echternach, one of Luxembourg's prettiest towns and a gateway to the hills for hikers.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Luxembourg are generally small chic options with excellent restaurants.
For a boutique stay
The Hotel Parc Beaux Arts is a nine room boutique hotel with a relaxing ambience - which is a great change from Luxembourg's many business hotels. Rooms offer simple charms, there's a fabulous restaurant and a lovely terrace.
- Le Place d'Armes is another small, non-business hotel. It's Baroque style decor lends romance and its French restaurant is Michelin recommended.
For city centre luxury
- Le Royal is a central five-star hotel with all the luxury you need for a weekend trip. Featuring deluxe rooms, a stylish cocktail bar and an excellent restaurant fits the bill for business trips as well as romantic breaks in Luxembourg.
For an apartment
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- International flyers should head for Luxembourg airport.
- Luxembourg trainstation is great hub for travel to the surrounding countries.
- For those interesed in hiring a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit Luxembourg in the summer months (June to September), when the temperatures sit comfortably in the early 20s.
Still not sure?
Hotel Simoncini Luxembourg City 6 rooms from £132Local exploring - Ideally located in the heart of the city with many cultural attractions within walking distance.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Grand Ducal Palace.
A chic boutique hotel in the heart of Luxembourg City. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with polished wooden floors, whitewashed walls, crisp white linen and modern art. Friendly staff are always willing to advise on where to visit and many of the city's attractions are just a stroll away. See More
Les Jardins d'Anaïs Luxembourg City (Clausen) 7 rooms from £130Business meetings - Close to the city centre with a stylish resturant and cigar lounge, this hotel is perfect for business meetingsLocal exploring - Well positioned close to the city centre and its main attractionsGreat walks - Enjoy scenic strolls along the River AlzetteSights nearby - Close to the beautiful Parc des Trois Glands
A small stylish hotel ideally positioned in the heart of the city. Seven elegant and individually styled rooms have a pared-back traditional aesthetic with pastel hues, a choice selection of antiques and beautiful parquet flooring. Expect attentive service and fine dining in the chic restaurant. See More
Chateau D'Urspelt Clervaux 56 rooms from £117Country Escape - A majestic castle standing within the Natural Park of Our.Great walks - Take long walks through the scenic surrounding nature park.Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Saint-Maurice Abbey.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
An imposing castle - declared a National Monument - which has been carefully renovated and reborn as a luxury hotel. A number of suites and rooms range from traditional and sumptuous to more contemporary. The spa, swimming pool, atmospheric bar and gourmet restaurant really top off this property. See More
Manoir Kasselslay Clervaux 6 rooms from £136Country Escape - Located in the heart of Natural Our Park which offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor pursuits.Great walks - Dicover beautiful walks starting straight from the property.Secluded setting - For escaping.Traditional
A charming inn set in the beautiful Natural Our Park. Simply dressed rooms are light and airy with pastel hues, modern art and luxurious bathrooms. An atmospheric restaurant serves national dishes using seasonal produce - worthy of a visit alone. A charming base from which to explore the region. See More
Temps D'Or Hotel Ansembourg 6 rooms from £130Country Escape - Located in 500 acres of woods and meadows this is a tranquil and spoiling rural escape.Great walks - Embark on long walks through the picturesque surrounding countryside.Restrictions on children - Children over 16 are welcomeFull of character
A striking hilltop castle offering spectacular views across the valley. Six luxurious rooms are individually styled and decorated with soft hues, wooden floors and feature modern bathrooms. Sumptuous breakfasts are served and there's an array of activities in the surrounding region. See More
Hotel de L'Ecluse Stadtbredimus, Luxembourg from £113Active Holiday - Find numerous activities to partake in from a relaxing spa session to a hot air balloon experience.Great walks - Discover beautiful walks in the surrounding countryside.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
A contemporary hotel boasting an enviable spot surrounded by acres of rolling vineyards. Chic rooms are uniformly dressed with floor to ceiling windows, pale wooden floors, minimalist furniture and luxurious bathrooms. The excellent restaurant uses local produce to great effect. See More
Hotel Martha Beringen / Mersch, Luxembourg 13 rooms from £127Active Holiday - From cooking courses to a round of golf there's plenty to do at the hotel and in the region.Cooking classes - Learn the tricks of regional and international culinary art at the hotel's cookery school.Great walks - Discover scenic walking trails through the surrounding countryside.Restaurant - Recommended.
A contemporary hotel in the small town of Beringen, located in the heart of Luxembourg. Smart rooms are light and airy with pale wooden floors, plenty of glass, modern art and crisp white linen. An expansive cookery school offers a range of classes and the restaurant is, unsurprisingly, excellent. See More