Search the best hotels in Pangkor
A gorgeous, jungle-clad island off the west coast of Malaysia, Pangkor is a magical destination for a holiday with family and friends or as a couple. Easily accessible by flight or ferry from the mainland, the island brims with beautiful beaches, verdant, bird-filled forests and charming fishing villages. When it comes to choosing accommodation, you'll find lovely private villas, simple guesthouses and opulent resorts, fit for a whole array of tastes and budgets. Our list of the best places to stay in Pangkor highlights our favourite holiday spots for a seriously special trip.
Culture enthusiasts will be fascinated by the 17th-century Dutch Fort and the imposing Batu Bersurat stone carving. The Lin Je Kong Temple, the Hindu Temple and the Foo Ling Kong Temple are all well worth visiting. Take a guided heritage tour, browse lively markets in Pangkor Town, or cycle through traditional fishing villages and onto the leafy paths beyond.
Outdoorsy types will be thrilled with forest hikes, wildlife-spotting, fishing trips, snorkelling, diving and sailing. Hire motorbikes to tour the island, or enjoy laid-back beach days at popular Pasir Bogak, Nipach Beach and Coral Beach. The best places to stay in Pangkor may fill up fast during peak season; book your trip well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Pangkor
For a Jungle Hideaway
- Tiger Rock is made up of four characterful villas, sleeping between 3 and 10 guests. Unwind by the jungle-fringed swimming pool, play tennis or feast on Bavanni's delicious cooking. An artsy hideaway for couples, families or friends. Perfect for intimate weddings.
For Beachfront Luxury
- Pangkor Laut Resort is an opulent beach resort, surrounded by lush jungle on the coast of Pangkor Laut Island, south-west of Pangkor. Brilliant for a romantic honeymoon, the resort has an award-winning Spa Village, delectable cuisine and beautiful suites. Beachfront bliss.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Kuala Lumpur International Airport or to Ipoh's Sultan Azlan Shah Airport, and hop aboard a short flight to Pankgor Airport with Berjaya Air. Alternatively, take a ferry from Lumut Jetty, on the mainland, to Pangkor.
- If you're confident driving in Asia, Pangkor is a beautiful destination for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Tropical and humid, Malaysia is a year-round destination. Temperatures hover around 28-33°C for much of the year, with the heaviest rainfall expected between September and November. Showers are frequent and refreshing!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Ipoh.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Malaysia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Pangkor
Best Hotels in Pangkor
Pangkor Laut Resort Pangkor 140 rooms from £155Spa breaks - The award-winning Spa Village offers holistic treatments from China, Japan, India, Thailand, Bali & Malaysia in a superb settingTrekking - Guided jungle treks with the resort's resident naturalist lead to beautiful Emerald BayFishing - Explore the Straits of Malacca during a day's fishing trip on a 12-foot motorised boatHoneymoons - A luxurious honeymoon hotel, with fabuous food, a superb spa and a beautiful beachRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A beach paradise on one the best beaches in the world. Surrounded by wildlife, white sand, crystal waters, and jungle. Contemporary chic villas with all the mod cons, enormous pools, an excellent spa and fantastic restaurants serving seafood. Your archetypal honeymoon destination. See More
Tiger Rock Pangkor 4 rooms from £230Families - Pile into a big house & spend days swimming, playing tennis and savouring delicious food as a family - relaxed & great funOther Activities - Mohan's island tours are a superb way to discover Pangkor - included in the rates & not to be missedWeddings - A quirky and romantic venue for a small, characterful wedding on a romantic Malaysia islandBirdwatching - There are more than 50 species of birds flitting around the gardens at Tiger RockRecommended by - I Escape
A gorgeous collection of four stilted villas in a hilly jungle clearing with sea views. Individually designed villas sleep between 3 and 10 guests. Authentic Malaysian decoration, a lovely pool & deck, tennis court & delicious cuisine. An ideal spot for a wedding, groups of friends or families. See More