Search the best hotels in Acapulco
Acapulco features in many a song about sunshine and good times, because this is Mexico's original 24hour beach party tow. A playground for the rich, famous and glamorous, in the town's heyday JFK took Jackie on their honeymoon - and some of the best places to stay in Acapulco still have a certain amount of retro cool. Whether you're partying until the early hours of morning, lounging on the wide stretch of bright white beaches, strolling aimlessly through the Old Town or exploring ancient sites, you will fall in love with this enchanting town. The best places to stay in Acapulco tend to be right on the beach.
As well as the beach bars and sunshine, people came for Acapulco's beauty. It's set on a long, wonderful bay with steep, arm-like cliffs, hugging the white beaches. All along this coastline are small isolated coves and secluded beaches which you can reach by hired boat or foot so despite the popularity of the resort town it's still possible to find a plot of sand to call your own.
Acapulco hasn't aged that well; it's become built up and busy. But Old Acapulco, the old town, with its beautiful old cathedral, 17th Century fort and charming main plaza is just as impressive: the pentagonal fortress doubles up as a museum and holds fascinating exhibits. The botanical gardens are fragrant and provide a lovely spot for a stroll; and the romantic, cliffside restaurants have views which are just as enchanting as they were in the heady days of JFK and Jackie. And if it ever feels too crowded take a jaunt along the coast to one of the quieter villages.
What not to miss
- Take solace from the hustle and bustle of resort-town life and visit the beautiful cathedral.
- Explore Fort San Diego and immerse yourself in their exhibits.
- Stroll down the main plaza and drink in the sights and smells.
- Hire a boat and head towards the little coves and secluded beaches strewn along the coastline.
- Lazily lounge at the beach with a good book and feel time come to a standstill.
Acapulco is a fun and vibrant resort town and the ideal destination for either a family seaside holiday or a romantic break. Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Acapulco to find out more!
The best places to stay in Acapulco
- Boca Chica is a beachfront hotel on one of the 'arms' of Acapulco Bay, looking directly across the water to the little island of La Roqueta. You're not in the centre of town, so you'll find a relaxing haven here, but it also has a lively bar and its own nightclub, so you can dance the night away after swimming, golfing, fishing, snorkelling or cliff-diving the day away. The hotel also has a nice spa and a seafood restaurant.
- Las Brisas: on a hill overlooking the sea, this gorgeous hotel offers cool and contemporary rooms and suites, swimming pools, a tennis court and a brilliant gourmet restaurant. Relax in the sun at the private beach or make use of the hotel shuttle bus to travel from place to place. Great value for money; ideal for large families.
- Encanto: standing high looking out over the bay and offering chic and minimalist rooms, bright and airy, as well as a superb cocktail bar and two excellent restaurants. Some suites can enjoy a private pool, the gym is first-rate and it is ideally located for exploring local sites. Ideal for couples looking for intimacy.
- The Banyan Tree Cabo Marques is a stunning eco-lodge boasting spectacular sea views. Secluded rooms offer enormous terraces (the best have plunge pools), free-standing baths, plenty of glass and minimalist furniture. Spend evenings in the romantic restaurant, or sampling tequila, and days basking in the sun.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Mexico City, then get a connection to Acapulco.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- It is extremely hot throughout the year, but the best time to go is between Janurary and April - when there is no rain - and the temperature ranges between 20 and 31 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Acapulco
Boca Chica Acapulco (Fracc. Las Playas) 30 rooms from £88
Beachfront hotel which offers a lively social scene in the form of bar and nightclub, as well as a relaxing chance to while away the days in the swimming pool or on the beach. Spa, boutique shops and seafood restaurant also on site. Golf, cliff-diving, fishing and snorkelling all nearby the hotel.Spa - Natural and herbal ingredients. Artisan aromatherapy.Lively - Nightclub on siteDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
Las Brisas Acapulco (Fracc Marina Brisas) 251 rooms from £89
Las Brisas sits in luscious gardens atop a hill overlooking Acapulco Bay. It features contemporary casitas which share a pool between 3 of them whilst the suites have their own private pools. Make use of the free bus service to spend the afternoon at the private beach club! A wonderful experience.Beach Life - The property is just 5 minutes from the beach so you can easily wander over and spend your days lounging by the seasideTotal relaxation - Bask in your beautiful surroundings, enjoy the view and treat yourself to a massage or spa sessionSights nearby - Rent one fo their jeeps and go check out the Chapel of Peace, House of Culture or San Diego FortGreat walks - Wander down the beach along the coast at sunset and admire the stunning views
Encanto Acapulco (Brisas del Marqués) 44 rooms from £170
This contemporary hotel overlooks Acapulco Bay at the highest point of the Brisas del Marqués district. Its suites and villas are minimalist in design and feature plenty of white whilst some even come with their own private pool! Be sure to visit both of the splendid restaurants. A first rate stay.Romantic Break - Fabulous accommodation, stunning views of the sea and evening drinks at the Sunset Bar-perfect for a romantic getawayTotal relaxation - Enjoy the beautiful sea views or treat yourself to a massage if you want to fully unwindSights nearby - Visit the nearby Chapel of Peace, House of Culture or San Diego FortDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Lote 1 Col. Punta Diamante Acapulco 47 rooms from £187
A stunning eco lodge boasting spectacular sea views. Secluded rooms offer enormous terraces (the best have plunge pools), free standing baths, plenty of glass and minimalist furniture. Spend evenings in the romantic restaurant and sampling tequila and days basking in the sun. Superb.Hideaway - Find utter tranquility in this luxury property overlooking the sea.Cooking classes - Take a cooking class with the celebrated chef.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet