Search the best hotels in Acapulco
Acapulco features in many a song about sunshine and good times: this was Mexico’s original beach party town, in the heady 1950s and ’60s. Once a playground for the rich and famous, enchanting Acapulco was JFK and Jackie’s honeymoon destination of choice. Accommodation options still include some funky retro choices, as well as a cluster of chic, minimalist modern hideaways, catering to a wide variety of tastes. Many of the best places to stay in Acapulco boast beautiful sea views from the cliffs which line the bay’s brilliant white sand beaches.
Whilst the modern town isn’t particularly special, Old Acapulco has retained much of its charm. Stroll through the main plaza, perch in little cafés, visit the museum exhibits tucked within 17th-century Fort San Diego, and peer into the gorgeous cathedral. Take in the fragrant botanical gardens on foot, venture to romantic restaurants perched on the edge of the cliffs, or hire a boat to explore the little coves and hidden beaches which line the coast. Thrill-seekers can try cliff-diving, whilst families can sail, swim, snorkel and enjoy various water sports. You can still party the night away in legendary clubs, too!
Whether you’re dreaming of a buzzy party holiday with friends, an active family trip or a tranquil couples’ escape, our selection of the best places to stay in Acapulco has it all.
The Best Places to Stay in Acapulco
For a Retro Vibe
- Las Brisas has 251 villas overlooking Acapulco Bay. Built in the 1950s, the resort evokes classic Hollywood, with nods to past A-list guests. Expect private pools in villas with up to three bedrooms, kitsch touches, tennis courts, a spa and regular shuttles to the beach club for sea swims and watersports aplenty. Retro fun for couples, friends or families. It's great value too.
- Boca Chica is a smaller hotel on one of the 'arms' of Acapulco Bay, facing the little island of La Roqueta. In an area which was particularly popular in the 1960s, the hotel has a certain retro charm. Well-priced and with easy access to lots of activities — swimming, golf, fishing, snorkelling and cliff-diving — this is a lovely family or friends' choice with a simple, classic feel.
For Chic Couples
- Encanto is a minimalist design hotel with expansive white-on-white suites promising superb hilltop views and, in many cases, private pools. Feast at two excellent restaurants, sip cocktails in style at the bar, and head out to explore the sights. Ideal for well-heeled couples.
- Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués boasts spectacular sea views from its leafy hillside perch. Secluded suites offer enormous terraces — the best have plunge pools — as well as free-standing baths. Bask in the sunshine during the day, enjoy yoga and cooking classes, and treat yourselves to romantic dinners in the swish restaurant. An indulgent couples' hideaway.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport, 26 km from Acapulco itself, and travel to your destination by car or bus. Mexico City is 4.5 hours away by car.
- The Acapulco Bay area is great to explore by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect balmy temperatures throughout the year, and dry weather from November to May. Do consider avoiding the rainy season (June to September), and opting for slightly cooler temperatures between January and March.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Zihuatanejo.
- Consult our recommendations of the 15 Best Beach Hotels on Mexico's Pacific Coast.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Mexico.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Acapulco
Best Hotels in Acapulco
Monyoli Hotel & Boutique Acapulco (Alfredo V Bonfil, Colonia) 8 rooms from £55Beach Life - Just a short stroll from the beach where there are a wide range of watersports on offerFamilies - Many of the rooms comfortably sleep four people and kids will love the outdoor poolLess £ - With rooms starting at around the $70 mark, this is a very reasonably priced staySights nearby - Local historical sites include San Diego Fort and Acapulco Cathedral
A charming small hotel located just a short walk from the beach. Set around a lovely outdoor pool, there are several terraces with hammocks and snug seating areas to unwind. Rooms are simply styled and most sleep up to four making this an easy choice for families. A laidback beach getaway. See More
Casa Jaguar Hotel & Boutique Acapulco (Alfredo V Bonfil, Aeropuerto) 6 rooms from £58Exclusive use - The property offers the opportunity to rent the whole place out for a gathering of friends or familyArtworks - The hotel has its own small art gallery and displays local art and crafts throughout the hotelBeach Life - Located just steps from the white sands of Playa Bonfil, this is a chic little beach baseSights nearby - Visit nearby cultural attractions such as the Mayan Palace and Mundo Imperial
A cosy little boutique hotel just steps from Playa Bonfil. Packed full of character throughout, rooms have bright colours, local artworks and unique design pieces. There's a mezcal and coffee bar to start and finish your day in and plenty of cosy seating areas. A well-priced beach getaway. See More
Las Brisas Acapulco (Fracc Marina Brisas) 251 rooms from £89Beach Life - The property is just 5 minutes from the beach so you can easily wander over and spend your days lounging by the seasideTotal relaxation - Bask in your beautiful surroundings, enjoy the view and treat yourself to a massage or spa sessionSights nearby - Rent one fo their jeeps and go check out the Chapel of Peace, House of Culture or San Diego FortGreat walks - Wander down the beach along the coast at sunset and admire the stunning views
Las Brisas sits in luscious gardens atop a hill overlooking Acapulco Bay. It features contemporary casitas which share a pool between 3 of them whilst the suites have their own private pools. Make use of the free bus service to spend the afternoon at the private beach club! A wonderful experience. See More
Boca Chica Acapulco (Fracc. Las Playas) 36 rooms from £125Restaurant - original fusion of Japanese and Mexican cuisines that has people coming from all over AcapulcoOn the beach - direct access to Acapulco Bay and is 30m from Caleta y Caletilla BeachesSpa - Natural and herbal ingredients. Artisan aromatherapy.Sights nearby - Roqueta Island, La Quebrada & the Chapel of Peace
From its celebrated 1950’s architecture to its pool-side restaurant and private spa facilities, Boca Chica is an oceanfront design hotel that offers its guests a peaceful and relaxing getaway with the option for adventure nearby - golf, cliff-diving, fishing and snorkelling plus beaches too. See More
Encanto Acapulco (Brisas del Marqués) 44 rooms from £170Romantic Break - Fabulous accommodation, stunning views of the sea and evening drinks at the Sunset Bar-perfect for a romantic getawayTotal relaxation - Enjoy the beautiful sea views or treat yourself to a massage if you want to fully unwindSights nearby - Visit the nearby Chapel of Peace, House of Culture or San Diego FortSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet
This contemporary hotel overlooks Acapulco Bay at the highest point of the Brisas del Marqués district. Its suites and villas are minimalist in design and feature plenty of white whilst some even come with their own private pool! Be sure to visit both of the splendid restaurants. A first rate stay. See More
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Lote 1 Col. Punta Diamante Acapulco 47 rooms from £187Hideaway - Find utter tranquility in this luxury property overlooking the sea.Cooking classes - Take a cooking class with the celebrated chef.Secluded setting - For escaping.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Tablet
A stunning eco lodge boasting spectacular sea views. Secluded rooms offer enormous terraces (the best have plunge pools), free standing baths, plenty of glass and minimalist furniture. Spend evenings in the romantic restaurant and sampling tequila and days basking in the sun. Superb. See More