Search the best hotels in Morelia
Morelia is a beautiful city located in the state of Michoacan, in central Mexico — indeed it is the state capital. The city is home to a number of important historical and cultural landmarks, and its historic centre is a UNESCO listed World Heritage Site. If you're looking for a place to stay, the city has a wide range of accommodation options, from simple, self-catering apartments to luxurious hotels and our pick of the best places to stay in Morelia includes the city's oldest hotel.
Morelia is a compact city so you'll find that most of the headline attractions are easily accessible on foot. Don't miss the baroque cathedral and its surrounding gardens, the Casa Natal de Morelos (a museum dedicated to the city's founding father), the 17th century Cupola Aqueduct or the Jardin de la Rosas, a buzzing plaza filled with bars and restaurants and ideal for a spot of people-watching. Morelia is also a great place to enjoy delicious food, it is renowned for its traditional yet innovative cuisine. For attractions slightly out of town head to the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve and the Cupatitzio National Park. So, what are you waiting for? Use our guide to the best places to stay in Morelia and book your trip today!
The Best Places to stay in Morelia
For the historic Centre
- Hotel de La Soledad is Morelia's oldest hotel, dating back to the 1750s. It's a stunning property whose interiors ooze character and sophistication. Set around a central courtyard the enormous rooms and suites are beautifully styled with plenty of original features set beside playful modern touches. There's also a gourmet restaurant serving fabulous regional cuisine. Superb!
- Villa Montana is located in a quiet area enjoying an elevated position with views to die for. Yet it is only 15 minutes from the historic centre, so the perfect option for those who want a quieter city stay. Luxury is the byword here, the french owners scoured Mexico to ensure that the property is adorned with authentic and original artworks, and you'll also find a restaurant serving fine regional cuisine and an exellent spa. Sheer indulgence!
For a self catering apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self catering property, you'll find a full range with our partner, Booking.com
- Morelia International Airport is located about 30km north east of the city, or 45 minutes by car.
- If you wish to hire a car, we recommend you check out the prices with Rentalcars
- Peak season in Morelia covers October, November and December, when you can expect warm sunny days. The weather is also favourable from February to April, but you should avoid the rainy months of July and August. Temperature wise though, the average highs remain fairly constant throughout the year hovering around the mid 20s celcius.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include nearby Patzcuaro
- or search ever furthe and check out all our recommendations in Michoacan
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Morelia
Best Hotels in Morelia
Hotel de La Soledad Morelia 40 rooms from £119Local exploring - Set in the heart of Morelia (UNESCO listed) you are perfectly placed to explore its 200 pink stone colonial buildingsRomantic Break - With romantic dining on the terrace and indulgent suites, this is the perfect setting for romanceHistoric - This is the oldest hotel in the city as it has been welcoming guests since 1750Restaurant - Traditional Mexican cuisine is served in the hotel's courtyard restaurantRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Morelia's oldest hotel, dating back to the 1750s, this property oozes character and sophistication. Set around a central courtyard, rooms and suites are enormous and filled with original features and playful modern touches. With an alfresco Mexican restaurant, this is a romantic stay. See More
Villa Montaña Morelia (Vista Bella) 36 rooms from £137Local exploring - Head into the Morelia, a ten minute drive away, and wander around the beautiful city which is also a UNESCO World Heritage SiteTotal relaxation - Indulge in a variety of spa treatments including hot stone massages and mud body wrapsSights nearby - The incredibly ornate and impressive Guadalupe Sanctuary chuch is a must visit!Full of characterRecommended by - CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
Villa Montaña is situated on a hilltop overlooking Morelia. It features spacious and traditional rooms decorated in an elegant rustic style whilst each also comes with its own fireplace. Be sure to enjoy their Sunday breakfast serving local delicacies! Feel like utter royalty at this splendid spot. See More