Search the best hotels in Monte Carlo
About Monte Carlo
These days Monte Carlo, or the name at least, has spread to include most of Monaco. What the name stands for is glamour and wealth, and Monte Carlo got the wealth, and then the glamour, from its casino, which really saved Monaco, the world’s second smallest country, after it lost its olive and citrus groves in the 1850s and was shrunk down to its present size. Nowadays the casino is just one opulent building among many, but the area around it is still definitely one of the best places to stay in Monte Carlo. Here you’ll find numerous gorgeous five-star hotels with Michelin-starred restaurants and incredible Mediterranean views. And if you stray a bit further from the casino you’ll find even more of them. All the way down to the coast, where you’ll find hotels with private beaches or strips of coastline as well as Michelin stars and views.
Monte Carlo is pocket-sized but it isn’t a pocket-friendly destination, however it is very sunny, and a fantastic place to come to give yourself a bit of a treat: rub shoulders with the owners of the elegant super-yachts parked up at Port Hercule, live like the other half for a bit!
Just remember that this is an incredibly busy little place especially during the peak summer months and during the annual Grand Prix. So if you want to guarantee yourself a bed in one of the best places to stay in Monte Carlo, do your homework and plan well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Monte Carlo
For a Grand Dame Hotel
- The Hôtel de Paris is iconic and gorgeous, a five-star beauty with incredible ocean views and indulgent, very Parisian design. The restaurant has three Michelin stars, you’re right next to the Monte Carlo casino and the decor is classic plush.
- The Hotel Metropole offers the kind of decadence Monte Carlo is known for, marble floors, chandeliers, multiple Michelin-starred restaurants, abundant floral displays and a general Belle Époque era opulence. It’s romantic as well as beautiful.
For a room with a view
- The Port Palace is a 50 suite hotel overlooking Port Hercule. All the rooms are individually styled, but they’re similarly airy and full of light. They’re also not fussy: elegant more than luxurious. You’re steps away from the yacht club and the Grand Prix circuit and there’s an excellent spa and wellness centre.
The Most Romantic Hotels in Monte Carlo
- The Monte-Carlo Beach Hotel is a stunning hotel in a listed 1930s building complete with murals, romantic arches and a terracotta facade. The 40 rooms have their own private beach, as well as a large pool and lush gardens. The decor has been inspired by Matisse and Cocteau and the restaurant has a Michelin star.
For a Beach Break
- The Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel is a much larger affair, with 334 rooms and around ten acres of exclusive land in this tiny, exclusive country. The views from the Lego pink towers are incredible, the chic interiors are done in warm, Mediterranean pastels and there’s a really super pool as well as direct access to the bay. This is another hotel with a Michelin star.
- Le Meridien Beach Plaza is another luxurious Monte Carlo hotel on a private beach. There are almost 400 rooms, all of them beautiful in the contemporary style, but some have private balconies with unbeatable sea views.
For good value
- Monte Carlo isn’t known for being affordable, but the Columbus Hotel is well priced and offers a great seafront location with bags of style and excellent views of the Mediterranean. The contemporary, Riviera-style rooms are bright and airy, but if you want even more space, and a private balcony, you can upgrade to a suite.
Prefer an Apartment or Private Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Ideally you’ll be arriving in Monte Carlo on your yacht. But if your yacht is having her keel hauled or suchlike you can also fly. Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport is closest, and it’s a large airport with good links to the UK and other European destinations. From there it’s about 15miles along the coast, and you can easily hire a helicopter to take you. Or a taxi. Or for approximately €4 you can take the train.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Monte Carlo’s Mediterranean weather is one of its crowning glories, as well as being beautiful and wealthy it gets about 300 sunny days a year. In winter it’s mild and still sunny, and in summer it’s not even too hot, with maximum daily highs in the mid 20s between June and August. Basically there’s no bad time for it.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search a tiny bit and consider all the best places to stay in Monaco?
- or expand further to include the best places to stay on the Cote d’Azur?
- or head the other way along the coast into Italy and consider some of the best places to stay in Liguria?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Monte Carlo
Best Hotels in Monte Carlo
Columbus Hotel Monte Carlo 181 rooms from £181Romantic Break - The bright and airy guestrooms are great for couples; book a suite for a charming private balcony overlooking the MediterraneanLocal exploring - Fontvieille is a lively and authentic area, perfect for travellers looking to explore Monte Carlo beyond luxury tourismCity Style - With contemporary, riviera-style interiors and a seafront location, this hotel has lots of Monte Carlo styleSights nearby - Visit the nearby Prince's Palace of Monaco, a local landmark and heritage property built in 1191 as a Genoese fortress
Experience authentic Monte Carlo at this riviera-style hotel in Fontvieille. Avant-garde design pieces announce the lobby, while the Mediterranean shimmers from the windows of plush guestrooms upstairs. For living space and a balcony, consider a suite. Head to the bar for cocktails; a refined hotel. See More
Port Palace Monte Carlo 50 rooms from £236Local exploring - Set just steps away from the new Yacht Club and Monaco's legendary Grand Prix circuit, this hotel is great for local exploringSpa breaks - Check into the hotel's wellness centre to make this a luxury spa break; pamper yourself with an oriental peelingCity Style - With spacious suites overlooking the landmark Port Hercule marina, this hotel boasts chic Monte Carlo styleSailing - Hire a yacht from the new Yacht Club on the marina for a sailing trip; enquire at reception for detailsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Overlooking Port Hercule in Monaco, this four-star hotel offers casual, inviting suites. Airy and full of light, rooms are individually styled and have cosy, carpeted floors. Concave windows offer amplified marina views in the luxury suites. Visit the impressive hotel wine cellars; an elegant stay. See More
Hotel Metropole, Monte Carlo Monte Carlo (Monaco) 126 rooms from £307Romantic Break - With its opulent Belle Époque flair, abundant floral displays and sumptuous luxury it is ideal for couples on a romantic getawayFoodies - Boasts two Michelin-starred restaurants: namely French gastronomic restaurant Robuchon and Japanese restaurant YoshiSights nearby - The beaux-arts Casino, the lavish Prince's palace, Princess Grace's rose garden and Monaco Cathedral are iconic attractionsRomantic - Good for couples.
Sumptuous luxury hotel befitting this decadent principality, featuring marble floors, chandeliers and incredible floral displays. Impressively, two of its three restaurants are Michelin-starred. Rooms are ample and stylishly furnished with great views, and there is an indulgent spa too. Delightful! See More
Le Meridien Beach Plaza Monte Carlo 397 rooms from £347Romantic Break - Couples rate this hotel's contemporary interiors highly; book a luxury suite for sea views from a private balconyCity Style - With contemporary interiors and a privileged, seafront location, this hotel has lots of chic city styleBeach Life - Set on the only private beach in Monaco, this hotel is perfect for a luxury seaside getawaySights nearby - Visit the Prince's Palace of Monaco, a beautiful heritage property originally built in 1191 as a Genoese fortress
This luxury hotel is located on a private beach in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The contemporary guestrooms boast a feature wall and crisp, white linens; book a luxury suite for a balcony with sea views. Dine at the Beach Club before drinks on the terrace at the hotel's Longitude 7° 26' Bar. A chic getaway. See More
Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel Monte Carlo 334 rooms from £378Local exploring - This hotel is perfectly placed for luxury local exploring, with Monte Carlo's main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - With chic interiors, first-class facilities and a prime Monte Carlo location, this hotel has lots of city styleRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's romantic rooms; book a luxury suite for a private terrace with sea viewsGreat walks - Head to the Exotic Garden of Monaco and take a long walk through the beautiful flora of this botanical garden
This exclusive resort stretches over nearly 10 acres of Monte Carlo Bay. Warm, Mediterranean pastels and oak furniture instill a sense of calm in the guestrooms, hidden in fairytale pink towers. Below, an azure pool and intricate solarium await. Dine in Michelin style at the restaurant; a chic stay. See More
Hôtel Hermitage, Monte Carlo Monte Carlo City Centre 282 rooms from £435Foodies - Foodies will be delighted at the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Vistamar, with a beautiful terrace overlooking the seaCity Style - With spectacular belle époque architecture and classic interiors, this hotel has reams of chic city styleRomantic Break - Couples love the heritage details at this hotel; book a luxury suite for added indulgenceGreat walks - Take a stroll to the Exotic Garden of Monaco, a botanical garden featuring a variety of unusual, tropical trees and plants
Timeless elegance defines this belle époque Monte Carlo hotel. A generous facade gives way to the light-filled lobby with an eiffel cupola. Head upstairs to the guestrooms, where you'll find 18th-century style furniture. Experience Michelin-level innovation at Vistamar; a jewel in the bay. See More
Hôtel de Paris, Monte Carlo Monte Carlo City Centre 2019 rooms from £737Local exploring - Set in the heart of Monte-Carlo next to the Monte Carlo Casino, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringFoodies - Foodies will be bowled away by the hotel restaurant's three Michelin stars; reserve for brunch ahead of timeCity Style - With classic French interior design and a luxury location, this hotel has reams of Monte-Carlo styleSights nearby - Visit the Prince's Palace of Monaco, a beautiful heritage property built in 1191 as a Genoese fortress
This iconic, five-star hotel is located in Monte-Carlo, Monaco. Guestrooms boast indulgent Parisian design with plush linens in a regal palette and seaside accents; book an exclusive room for sea views and heritage-style furnishings. Dine at the three Michelin-starred restaurant; a VIP bolt-hole. See More