Search the best hotels in Liguria
The Cote d'Azur gets all the hype, but just across the border in Italy is Liguria, a region with the same dramatic cascade of alps tumbling directly into a crenelated Mediterranean coastline. Amazingly, the region is well known for its locally farmed cuisine, despite the almost total lack of flat land, and it is the home of both focaccia and pesto. The capital, Genoa, is an historic Mediterranean maritime powerhouse, and Liguria’s best known town is probably glamorous Portofino, followed by the charming pedestrianised villages of the Cinque Terre. But these are just the names you’ll recognise quickly, Liguria has a string of unfamiliar place names along its gorgeous stretch of coastline, and these are the places our Gurus want to introduce you to, via their recommendations for the best places to stay in Liguria. This large region has plenty of choice when it comes to the type of accommodation available, but our favourites include converted palazzos and townhouses in Genoa and Sestri Levante, elegant grand hotels in Portofino, beach hotels in Rapallo and La Spezia.
The mountainous landscape of Liguria influences so many things about this region. Whether you’re walking the cliffs of the Cinque Terre, between its five villages, or exploring the tiny medieval fortified towns behind them, or even just being rained on in Genoa.
Spreading out from Genoa in both directions are dozens of sandy, and/or pebbly beaches, some of which have little resorts or fishing towns behind them. Driving between them is a great way to see more of the region than just the highlights. There are some wonderful traditional seaside family hotels on our Gurus’ list of the best places to say in Liguria, the sort of accommodation that really welcome kids, with easy to please menus, spacious family suites, and great facilities. And the fact these little ports and towns are less well known internationally means these are excellent value choices too.
Between Genoa and the French border is the Riviera di Ponente, which translates to 'of the setting sun'. Possibly an apt moniker, as this region feels like a charmingly fading seaside playground, perfect for a family holiday. Leave Genoa and head in the other direction and you’ll be along the Riviera de Levante: 'of the rising sun', and this is the more popular stretch now, where you'll find Portofino, Santa Margherita Liguria, and Camogli, and some of Liguria’s newest resorts.
Don't forget that this region is especially popular during the peak summer season. So if you want to guarantee your room in one of the best places to stay in Liguria during July or August, do your research and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Liguria
For a Special Occasion
- The Hotel Splendido is a large and luxurious hotel, prettily perched on a hillside overlooking Portofino Harbour. This is one of the most glamorous spots in the whole of the Mediterranean, and this iconic hotel is very much a part of that. It has something of the look of a grand villa about it, but on a huge scale, but we like it for its arched balconies and colonnades, lush grounds, and incredible sea views. We also appreciate the glamorous bar and choice of three sophisticated restaurants all serving Italian cuisine from different regions, and its impressive spa and health club.
- Portofino’s Imperiale Palace Hotel is a large and luxurious pick, grand and opulent, overlooking its own palm trees and views of Santa Margherita Harbour. Its 89 rooms and suites offer the best of traditional Italian luxury: beautifully inlaid parquet flooring, frescoes on the ceiling, chandeliers, beautiful antiques and huge French doors to appreciate the incredible views. The Imperiale has the facilities of a five star hotel too, a gym, luxury spa and elegant restaurant, pool and sun terraces, and a glamorous bar. But it’s family friendly too.
For Spectacular Views
- With bags of old fashioned charm, and a stunning location on the cliffs above Monterossa, the Hotel Porto Roca is a trick the Portofino set are clearly missing. The Mediterranean yachting views are stunning, and idyllic when appreciated from one of the hotel’s private balconies or from a sun lounger by the pool. The restaurant terrace offers that classic combination of white wrought-iron furnishings, bougainvillea, and sea views. The 40 rooms are dressed in traditional Italian style, more tiles and damask than Scandi minimalism, but perfect for the location.
- With just 12 rooms, Le Ville Relais is a small hotel, light and airy and simple, and we love it for its spectacular views of La Spezia and the Gulf of the Poets. The view from the infinity pool and terrace is really something. Each of the rooms is individually decorated in a range of soft hues, furnished with antiques and comfortable details. The restaurant serves regional classics and has a well-stocked wine cellar, and there’s a terrace for enjoying sundowners with a view.
For a Beach Break
- The Hotel del Lido is like a luxurious, white crab, its pincer arm a jetty of sun loungers reaching out along the sandy green shallows. There are so many waterfront spots in this 12 room hotel that it’s impossible to miss out, and plenty of sand for all too. The rooms are simply decorated, also featuring plenty of white, and the hotel also has a huge hot tub. There’s no restaurant, but there is a snack bar, which your kids will love, and you’re well positioned in Lerici, where the pretty streets have plenty in the way of places to eat and drink.
- Our Gurus like that it’s small, stylish and contemporary, but they say the best thing about the Hotel Marina Piccola has to be the view: across to the marina at Manarola and the Cinque Terre. Though that’s saying quite a bit because the 13 modern rooms with their exposed original stonework, carefully chosen furniture and mod cons, are extremely comfortable, the seafood restaurant specialising in Ligurian cuisine is excellent, and the location is ideal for the beach and for the coastal path.
- The Hotel Vis a Vis is a charming and spacious choice close to the beach. We like it for the views, the large pool, and terraces over the water. Its 46 rooms and suites are traditionally decorated, with neutral colours complementing wood panelling, and huge windows — most of the rooms and suites have a private balcony too. The restaurant specialises in simple, Italian cuisine, which will work for families. The hotel also has a spa. Perfect for a simple seaside break.
- The Grand Hotel Portovenere is a monastery turned hotel, which sits right on the harbour wall at Portovenere. There’s very little of the monastic left in this grand building, except possibly the wonderfully vaulted ceilings in some of the public areas, and the clean lines of the decor in the 56 rooms and suites. It’s definitely not minimalist, though, more stylishly contemporary, with luxurious fabrics and finishes, and lots of light through huge windows of private balconies. The restaurant has a spectacular terrace overlooking the water, and serves innovative cuisine, and there’s a chic bar, and beautiful spa.
- Rapallo’s Grand Hotel Bristol is large, elegant, and perfectly positioned overlooking the Portofino Promontory and the Ligurian Riviera. We rate it for its huge French windows and private sea-view balconies, and its terrace restaurant and chic bar. Its 83 rooms and suites are decorated with clean lines and a seaside colour palette, and the atmosphere is stylishly comfortable and welcoming. The impressive spa has an indoor pool, as well as a hammam, sauna, icefall, and hydromassage pool, and there’s an outdoor pool too.
- The Hotel Piccolo, In Portofino, is a 22 room villa conversion, surrounded by lush greenery and views of the coastline. Some of the villa’s period features have been retained, but the rooms are very contemporary, with clean, straight lines, minimalist details and a monochrome colour palette. Breakfast is served on the terrace, and the restaurant is known for its seafood and traditional Ligurian cuisine. Romantic and serene.
- Eight Hotel Paraggi is nestled into a private bay just along the picturesque coastline from Portofino. Converted from a charming Ligurian villa, the hotel has 13 rooms and suites, the best with near perfect sea views. The decor is stylishly simple and contemporary, making a feature of the views from balconies and huge windows, and some of the bathrooms feature whirlpool tubs. The restaurant and bar spill out onto the sand in front of the hotel, and there’s the opportunity to have private, candle lit suppers on the beach, of fabulous Italian cuisine.
For an Adventure
- The Palazzo Vannoni is a beautifully restored historic villa in the elegant old heart of Levanto. There are just 11 rooms and suites, all of a good size, but the family suites are especially spacious, and they’ve all been modernised to a minimalist standard — except for the wonderful original frescoes on some of the walls and ceilings, which have been beautifully restored. Bathrooms are luxurious too. No restaurant but a daily buffet breakfast is offered.
- With its rather grand, traditional, terracotta-coloured facade, the Grand Hotel Villa Balbi in Sestri Levante, makes a great first impression, and going inside will only impress more. Expect marble statues, chandeliers, leather sofas, plenty of gilt and rooms on a grand scale. Some of the 105 guest rooms are huge, with impressive frescoes and murals, as well as antiques. Outside are flower gardens and a lovely pool, and the beach is just a short walk away. The Italian bars and restaurant are perfectly romantic too.
- Genoa’s Hotel Le Nuvole has been caringy converted from a beautiful Renaissance style townhouse, and now offers 15 elegant rooms, in which the original murals, frescoes and ornate plasterwork have been retained, and stylish contemporary tiles and other details added. The suites and family-sized rooms have mezzanine levels. There’s no restaurant, but there is a charming breakfast room, and you’re close to numerous excellent places to eat and drink, as well as the beach.
For Rural Liguria
- Looking more like a converted villa than a converted farmhouse, the Agriturismo Villanova is a rural B&B with nine guest rooms and self-catering apartments, and great family-friendly features. Plenty of farmhouse charm has been retained in the decor, and simple, classical furnishings added, making for a cosy, comfortable atmosphere. As well as the relaxed vibe and space, families may also appreciate the outdoor lagoon pool, lush gardens complete with a playground and tennis courts, and the hearty organic breakfasts. The location is back from the coast, just outside Levanto.
For Hiding Away
- The Hotel Suisse Bellevue is idyllically positioned on a hill behind Monterossa, so benefits from views of both the pretty town, the picturesque bay, and the Cinque Terre region. There are just 30 rooms and suites, decorated in a simple manner, the best with private balconies. The hotel has a private beach, gardens and a wonderful sun terrace. There’s no restaurant but breakfast is included.
For Great Value
- The Via Chiodo Luxury Rooms is a converted 19th century townhouse in the centre of La Spezia, divided into nine guest rooms and suites. Many of the building’s original features have been retained, and there are a few frescoes dotted amongst the new parquet and wood-panelled walls. Expect lots of white, and white marble too. There’s no restaurant, but there’s a bar on the ground floor, and you’re within a short stroll of a myriad of choices. Perfect for visitors who want to feel more like residents then tourists.
- Genoa’s San Giorgio Rooms are a collection of six guest rooms, in a wonderfully historic townhouse. Each of the rooms has been individually decorated, with numerous antiques, and plenty of Rococo flair. Expect gilt, original artwork, damask drapes, and black and white tiled floors. Breakfast is served in the ornate dining room, and while there’s no restaurant, guests are surrounded by excellent dining options. Great value, and memorable for all the right reasons.
- The Ca' D'Andrean is a traditional hotel in Manarola, and one of our picks for great value accommodation within one of the Cinque Terre towns. Most of the hotel’s ten rooms overlook the Ligurian Sea, and all have pleasantly simple decor, with pale tiled floors and white walls, the best have private balconies too. Outside is a charming garden, with lemons trees and places to sit and enjoy them. There’s no restaurant, but they do serve breakfast.
- Quarto Piano is a stylish, three room B&B in the heart of Genoa, elegantly decorated with Italian design pieces and a minimalist taste. Our Gurus like it because of the scale, location, welcoming communal spaces, and the roof terrace with a hot tub.
For a private apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Liguria has plenty of entry points. Road and rail offer a myriad of choices, and by plane there’s Genoa Airport, within Liguria, or nearby you’ll find Pisa International Airport, Florence Airport, and Milan’s Malpensa Airport, Linate Airport and Bergamo Airport.
- If you plan to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Liguria is busiest in the summer. Many visitors, both Italian and international, visit Liguria for its breathtaking coastline, with plans to enjoy its beaches and summery atmosphere. However the region is sunny and pretty almost year round, so there’s plenty of reason to visit out of season if you’re not planning a beach break. November through March are the rainiest months, and places like Genoa and La Spezia get quite a lot of rain. Some businesses close up at different times of year, so it’s a good idea to be more specific about the ’where’ before you make final decisions about the ’when’.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Head right for the best places to stay in Genoa, the regional capital
- Or you could focus on Liguria’s coastline. Try our recommendations for the best places to stay in Portofino, Sestri Levante, the best places to stay in Rapallo, La Spezia or the other towns of the Cinque Terre region
- Alternatively you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Liguria
Best Hotels in Liguria
Via Chiodo Luxury Rooms La Spezia 9 rooms from £55Local exploring - This will most appeal to those with a car looking to explore the area and return to a well-located and comfortable baseValue chic - Considering the central location and beautifully designed rooms, this is excellent value for moneySights nearby - Technical Naval Museum, St George's Castle and Amedeo Lia Museum are all walking distanceSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Elegant rooms situated in a 19th-century building in central La Spezia, walking distance from the port. The 9 rooms have frescoes and large bathrooms. Will suit those who want to feel like residents, rather than tourists. There is no restaurant but options in the area, including a ground-floor bar. See More
Benso Rooms La Spezia 8 rooms from £65Local exploring - Well-located to explore this scenic Italian region known for its coastal villages, national parks and crystal blue seaGroups - The Benso Rooms can sleep up to 9 people, making a great base for groups of friendsSights nearby - St George's Castle and gardens, Cathedral of Christ the King, Technical Naval Museum and Amedeo Lia Museum are all walkableSailing - Venture out by boat to explore UNESCO World Heritage Site Cinque Terre National Park or the islands of Tino and Palmaria
An 8 room property located in a 19th-century building in central La Spezia. Rooms are light and airy, with high ceilings, contemporary furniture and crisp white sheets; many have balconies. There is a bar and breakfast is included. The city's public gardens and many restaurants are on the doorstep. See More
San Giorgio Rooms Genoa 6 rooms from £68Local exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring the rabbit warren streets of the historic old town, right by the Porto Antico.Local markets - Explore the markets of Genoa's historic old town, filled with local crafts and produce.Sights nearby - Two minutes walk from Genoa aquarium and Genoa Cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.
A delightful, historic guesthouse in the heart of Genoa. Its ornately decorated rooms embody the rich artistic culture associated with the city. The bespoke family suites provide families with the perfect opportunity to come and explore the historic mercantile city. An excellent value option. See More
Hotel Le Nuvole Genoa 15 rooms from £74City StyleSights nearby - Throughout the city you'll find marble Renaissance portals and niches with statues Virgin or of ancient columns.Traditional - Beautiful and traditional architecture.Local markets - Good for local colour.
A beautiful traditional townhouse in central Genoa and not far from the beach. Wonderful Renaissance architecture. Contemporary sleek rooms, suites and family suites, some with mezzanine levels. Murals and frescoes on the ceilings as well as marble floors. City style with the old and new. See More
La Madonnetta Levanto,, Liguria 8 rooms from £78Local exploring - A central stay within walking distance of coast and townSailing - Perfect place to stay on a sailing trip around the Tyrrhenian Sea.Great walks - Great walking trails along the coast around Levante.Sights nearby - Cinque Terre is six miles away.
Delightful, small B&B with amazing views out over the Tyrrhenian Sea. Brimming with historical charm, rooms include beautiful ornate furnishings and many sea views. Enjoy a tasty continental breakfast and take in gorgeous views from the veranda by eve. A great little find. See More
Locanda di Palazzo Cicala Genoa 20 rooms from £86Families - Very family friendly; suite is big enough for extra beds and apartments have full kitchens to prepare dinner after sight seeingRomantic Break - Opposite the picturesque Catherdral, with murals and antiques in the rooms, opulent bathrooms and romantic moodSights nearby - Porto Antico area (with Aquarium, Galata Museum of the Sea and Bigo the panoramic lift)Local markets - In the little and narrow streets in the old part of the city
Unique hotel in city centre. Behind the 18th century facade, large rooms are blend of contemporary and traditional, with big bathrooms and French windows. Apartments have full kitchens and living areas. Sensational decor, central location and chic atmosphere. Very family friendly. See More
Hotel Punta Est Finale Ligure Savona, Liguria 40 rooms from £87Beach Life - Private beach and spectacular views.Views - Stunning sea views from all angles.Romantic BreakRomantic - A romantic setting.
A fabulous Four Star hotel with direct access to the beach. Romantic stepped terraces leading down to the sea, a large swimming pool, billiards rooms, excellent al fresco dining, and large rooms, suites and family suites. An ideal spot for a summer holiday as a couple or family. See More
Relais del maro Borgomaro - Imperia, Liguria 14 rooms from £87Hideaway - Just 20 minutes from the Italian Riviera yet find complete tranquility in this sleepy village.Families - Families are made to feel very welcome - babsitting is available too.Sights nearby - Borgomaro itself is lovely to explore with crumbling houses and an impressive 17th-century church.Great walks - Gorgeous walks along the coast and through mountain paths.Recommended by - I Escape
A lovingly converted property in a quiet corner of rural Italy. Beautifully decorated rooms have white washed walls set against gentle pastel colours and antique furniture. Sumptuous breakfasts are served on the terrace or in the domed breakfast rooms. Close to gorgeous sandy beaches. A real treat. See More
Abbadia San Giorgio Genoa, Liguria 6 rooms from £92Romantic Break - Wake up to church bells, potter down to the private beach, a day trip to Cinque Terre or read in the pretty courtyardGreat walks - To the private sandy beach nearbySights nearby - Castle of VillafrancaRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Porto Antico B&B Genoa 3 rooms from £100Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the historic centre of the city on foot, within walking distance of harbour and the main museums.City Style - A stark contrast between the sleek modern interiors and the historic setting in the heart of Genoa's Old Town.Local markets - Explore the local markets of Genoa's historic old town and pick up a bargains.Sights nearby - Genoa Cathedral and Piazza De Ferrari are both only two minutes walk away.
Chic B&B on the top floor of a historic building in Genoa's city centre. Here the sleek, contemporary rooms are whitewashed and furnished with minimalist decor. With Genoa's charming UNESCO heritage old town on the doorstep, it's perfect for exploring the city's rich culinary and artistic culture. See More
Quarto Piano Genoa 3 rooms from £101Local exploring - A slick and comfortable hotel, perfect for exploring the mercantile city of Genoa.Fishing - Organise a fishing trip from one of the cities many harbours.Sights nearby - Located just five minutes from Genoa Cathedral.
Ca'D'Andrean Cinque Terre, The Cinque Terre 10 rooms from £104Hideaway - Quiet location, views over the sea from the lemon tree garden, walkable seafood restaurants and the other Cinque Terre villagesGreat walks - Walks between the Cinque Terre villages; path between Corniglia and Vernazza has olive groves, rosemary and vinesLess £ - A simple little hotel that offers good value rooms in what is traditionally a very expensive region!Sights nearby - Right in the centre of Manarola, plus the other Cinque Terre villages are close by
A traditional hotel overlooking the Ligurian sea. Charming, light-filled rooms with views and all the modcons. Lemon trees in the garden terrace add to the tranquil atmosphere. An ideal spot to explore the Cinque Terre villages and enjoy the scenery. Basic, but excellently positioned. See More
Le Ville Relais La Spezia 12 rooms from £108Local exploring - Well placed to discover the historic, cultural and natural sights of the East Ligurian Riviera.Sights nearby - Set minutes away from picturesque Portovenere and the Cinque Terre area, a UNESCO World HeritageSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A small friendly hotel offering spectacular views overlooking La Spezia and the Gulf of the Poets. The twelve rooms are light and spacious with soft hues and antiques. Featuring an infinity pool, a restaurant serving regional classics and a well-stocked wine cellar. Ideal for exploring the region. See More
Grand Hotel Villa Balbi Sestri Levante 105 rooms from £129Local exploring - Destinations of the Riviera di Levante nearby: Portofino, San Fruttuoso, Genoa which can be reached by boat, train or carFamilies - Plenty of child friendly spots with the pool, safe beaches, playgrounds and gardensSeaside - Seaside of Sestri LevanteViews - Gulf of TigullioRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel Cenobio Dei Dogi Liguria 105 rooms from £113Total relaxation - Unwind in style with massages and beauty treatments, an outdoor saltwater pool and suites boasting whirlpool tubs.Beach Life - With private beach access, pool, sea-food restaurant and stunning views over the Camogli Gulf.Cooking classes - The hotel offers cooking classes in ancient Ligurian cooking traditions and haute patisserie.Great walks - There are a range of hiking paths starting right from your front door.
A picturesque hotel, ideally located overlooking the Camogli Gulf. Beach chic rooms decorated in crisp white palettes with splashes of colour and excellent views. The on site restaurant serves superb regional cuisine, and the spa offers an extensive range of treatments. A delightful stay. See More
Resort Villa Ito La Spezia 6 rooms from £115Local exploring - Spend mornings exploring the beautiful area by car and return to a haven of calm for afternoons by the poolSights nearby - In La Spezia visit Amedeo Lia Museum, St George's Castle, Technical Naval Museum and the Public GardensSailing - Take a ferry or hire a boat to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cinque Terre National ParkRestrictions on children - Only children aged 10 and above are allowed
Characterful guesthouse located 3km outside the port city of La Spezia. Rooms are housed in a historic villa, surrounded by gardens with an outdoor pool. Decor is traditional Italian; think statues, opulent paintings and antique ornaments. A cold breakfast is provided and restaurants are nearby. See More
Villa Rosmarino Camogli, Liguria 6 rooms from £121Great walks - Through forest and along hill tops to the impressive 13th century San Fruttuoso Abbey.Sailing - Take a boat trip to the sleepy and almost untouched fishing village of Portofino.Sights nearby - The basilica of Santa Maria Assunta is within walking distance.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 8 are welcome.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
'Hidden gem' is an oft overused cliche; however this property, one of a kind in the Italian Riveria is just that. Those who favour modernist, fuss-free decor will love its' clean lines, light filled rooms and retro furniture pieces. Breakfast is served and charming restaurants are walking distance. See More
Palazzo Vannoni The Cinque Terre 11 rooms from £121Families - This child-friendly hotel provides a comfortable, charming and affordable base for families looking to explore Italian's coastLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Levanto which is five-minutes by train to the famous, stunning cliffside villages of Cinque TerreBeach Life - Visit the dozens of nearby dazzling beaches such as Spiaggia LevantoSights nearby - Levanto is a beautiful, historic town full of shops and restaurants and the hotel will also provide picnics for day trips!
A beautifully restored ancient palazzo in the heart of the historic seaside town of Levanto. Rooms have had a complete refurbish leaving them fresh and simply styled drawing attention to the wonderful original frescoed ceilings. The bathrooms are contemporary and equally luxurious. Superb! See More
Hotel Astigiana Varazze, Liguria 24 rooms from £121Historic - Hotel established in 1919Beach nearby - 50 metres from the beachGolf - The Filanda Golf ClubSights nearby - Church of Sant’Ambrogio and the palace of Beato Jacopo
Hotel Suisse Bellevue The Cinque Terre 30 rooms from £130Hideaway - Outstanding views over the Cinque Terre, plenty of beaches and surf spots to explore, walking paths and fresh seafoodSights nearby - Fegina Beach, Monterosso Beach, and Vernazza Beach, Bonassola Beach and Porticciolo Di Framura.Views - Wonderful views over the Ligurian SeaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Marina Piccola Cinque Terre, The Cinque Terre 13 rooms from £130Beach Life - Beaches, coastal walks with aloe and prickly pear plants. Fresh seafood throughout the 5 villages and stunning viewsSights nearby - From Manarola, head to Punto Bonfiglio. Find a pretty park with a summer bar and children's play areaGreat walks - The coastal path which links all five villages is a wonderful routeDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A contemporary chic hotel with bags of style in Cinque Terre. Rooms are modern with exposed bricks, white lines and all the mod cons. Excellent Liguirian cuisine in the seafood restaurant and stunning sea views. Beaches and other villages walking distance away. Perfect for a beach holiday. See More
Palazzo Vescovile Noli, Liguria 8 rooms from £132Great walks - Hike up to the Marquis Del Carretto Castle or reach the town of Spotorno on the medieval Dantean trailSights nearby - Noli is renowned for its fascinating medieval and renaissance architectureLocal markets - Explore local Italian street marketsViews - Stunning views over the Bay of Noli
Once home to bishops, Palazzo Vescovile has stunning panoramic views and its own lift taking guests straight down to the beach. Rooms are simply decorated with classic wooden furniture. Enjoy meals at the Il Vescovado restaurant and dine with sea views. A truly relaxing Italian hideaway. See More
Agriturismo Villanova Levanto, The Cinque Terre 9 rooms from £148Eco - The property aims to be as eco as possible including solar heated water, agriculture without pesticides, organic breakfasts..Families - Lovely place for children with a play area and gardens, and with the coast just a short drive awaySelf catering - There are nine self catering apartments the biggest sleeping up to 6Cooking classes - Villanova offers cooking classes in traditional Ligurian cuisine, followed by candlelit dinner under the stars
Charming agriturismo nestled in the hills above Levanto. Rooms, suites and apartments are done in classical style and have plenty of period features. Hearty organic breakfasts, lovely gardens, small outdoor pool & stunning views. Plus a playground for the kids! Family friendly rural hideaway. See More
Omhom Italy, Liguria 2 rooms from £148Romantic Break - The accommodation is ideal for couples, offering simple comfort and privacy away from guest-filled regular hotelsWriting a novel - A real hideaway experience in a picturesque sleepy village, ideal for finding some quiet time to writeDiving - For those thrill-seekers, the secluded sandy coves that make up the nearby coast provide numerous diving spotsSailing - Sailing excursions can be arranged through the local Velagiovane sailing schoolRecommended by - Sawdays
Lying in a secluded hilltop village, this cozy B&B promises a quiet escape. The renovated rooms are charmingly rustic, with exposed beams, hardwood furniture and old-stone walls. With a hot tub and a snug living room plus continental breakfast, Omhom is a delightful retreat with old-style comfort. See More
Hotel Porto Roca Monterosso al Mare, The Cinque Terre 40 rooms from £156Views - Stunning views over the bay of MonterossoSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Grand Hotel Portovenere The Cinque Terre 56 rooms from £167Beach Life - The area is known for its charming coastal villages, pristine waters, beaches and marine reserves, an ideal coastal retreatCooking classes - Do one of the cooking classes arranged by the hotel and learn to make fresh pasta and pesto sauce or its famous tiramisùRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
A grand hotel in a former monastery overlooking the harbour. The light-filled rooms are furnished in elegant fabrics and smart contemporary fittings. Expect innovative cuisine at the atmospheric restaurant on a spectacular verandah overlooking the sea. A luxurious harbourside base! See More
Grand Hotel Bristol Rapallo (Liguria) 83 rooms from £180Foodies - Dine in the fabulous candle lit Le Cupole restaurant offering spectacular views and fine-dining.Local exploring - Rapallo is a great base for exploring the Ligurian RivieraSpa - With sauna, turkish bath, pool, hydromassage spots, water jets and waterfalls, hot tub, emotional showers, icefall and much moreRestaurant - Le Cupole Restaurant serves contemporary Italian cuisine and prides itself on its 0km policy
Elegant 4-star hotel overlooking Portofino Promontory and the Ligurian Riviera. Rooms are decorated in a classic style, the best come with a balcony with sea views. Featuring a spoiling spa, elegant bar, glorious pool and excellent restaurant serving contemporary Italian cuisine. See More
Hotel Piccolo Portofino 22 rooms from £195Views - Stunning views over the baySights nearby - Just 450m from the centre of townLocal markets - Enjoy local street marketSwimming Pool - Private beach access
A refined period villa immersed in lush vegetation, typical of the Ligurian Riviera. In contrast, rooms are modern with minimalist furnishings and stunning views. Enjoy breakfasts on the terrace, fresh fish and traditional Ligurian cuisine in the hotel restaurant. Truly romantic. See More
La Sosta di Ottone III The Cinque Terre 6 rooms from £200Good wine list - Chef and Sommelier Luca Palmero Scatena joined in 2013Cooking classes - Luca Palmero Scatena offers 'jam sessions'; personalised cooking classes to guests based on their interests and experienceRestaurant - Traditional Ligurian cuisine. The restaurant is closed on Sundays, but you can preorder a delicious picnic instead!Sights nearby - The perfect base for exploring the villages that make up the Cinque TerreRecommended by - Sawdays
Nestled in the Levanto Valley, La Sosta offers traditional & contemporary rooms with exposed wooden beams and stonework alongside incredible views of the Mediterranean Sea. Soak up the local history and sights or simply relax on the terrace and enjoy the culinary excellence of Luca Palmero Scatena. See More
Hotel del Lido Lerici, Liguria 12 rooms from £200Beach Life - Situated right on the beach in a picturesque area of Liguria.Sights nearby - Situated near the historical centre of Lerici. Wander round the pretty streets and visit the striking castle.Great walks - Explore the scenic hiking trails through the surrounding hills.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A beach-side luxury hotel with gorgeous sea views. Simple white-washed rooms boast private balconies. Unwind in the large hot tub or stroll down to the beach. Numerous activities in the surrounding area from historical sights to epic hikes. An Ideal spot for holidays in the sun. See More
La Meridiana Garlenda Savona, Liguria 28 rooms from £208Romantic Break - Views across vineyards, trips to Italian medieval villages, beaches close by, riding trips and relax by the quiet poolSights nearby - Via Iulia Augusta is an ancient Roman roadTraditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Vis a Vis Sestri Levante (Via Della Chiusa 28, Sestri) 46 rooms from £216Total relaxation - The ideal spot to unwind, with a deluxe spa, lovely outdoor pool and just a few minutes walk from the beach.Great walks - Go for long walks in the picturesque Cinque Terre National Park.Diving - Wonderful diving opportunities at the nearby centre.Sailing - Take a boat ride to the Portofino Resort.
A charming property complete with large pool, within walking distance of the beach. Traditional rooms are decorated in soft hues with wood panelling and large windows, boasting fabulous sea views. Simple Italian cuisine is served in the terraced restaurant. An excellent base for seaside holidays. See More
Villa della Pergola Alassio Savona, Liguria 13 rooms from £280Views - Stunning hilltop views of the Ligurian sea.Romantic - Good for couples.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A beautifully renovated Byzantine villa set in the hills just above the beach. Gorgeous rooms have elegant furnishings and lots of natural light. Fabulous wisteria clad gardens, spectacular views, pool, and lovely terraces filled with flowers. A romantic spot for couples or honeymooners. See More
Imperiale Palace Hotel Portofino 89 rooms from £304Total relaxation - A luxury property on the tranquil Italian Riviera complete with indulgent spa.Sights nearby - Visit the Palazzi dei Rolli declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Great walks - Take long walks through the scenic Portofino Park.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A luxurious 5 star property overlooking the scenic Italian Riviera. Elegantly dressed throughout, the rooms are no exception. High ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, wooden floors and antique furniture abound. Some of the best also have frescoes and chandeliers. Italian indulgence at its very best. See More
Eight Hotel Paraggi Portofino 13 rooms from £373Foodies - Meticulous Italian cuisine.Beach LifePrivate Hot Tub - All rooms except standard and superior feature a private outdoor hot tubOutstanding location - Set in a private bay on the Italian Riviera.Recommended by - Tablet
A Ligurian villa nestled in a private bay on the Italian Riviera. Stunning modern rooms and suites with balconies and hot tubs, fabulous Italian cuisine, private candle lit dinners on the beach, and plenty of sun traps to bathe in. An ideal choice for a romantic beach holiday. See More
Hotel Eight Portofino 17 rooms from £469Traditional - A traditional Ligurian house.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
A Ligurian farmhouse perched on a hill just above Portofino village with a charming private garden with hot tub. Contemporary chic rooms and suites have all the mod cons, balconies, and attractive furnishings. Charming breakfast verandah and walking distance to restaurants. Romantic, picturesque. See More
Hotel Splendido Portofino 85 rooms from £5905* Luxury - Very high service standards.Kayaking - Explore the wonders of the Italian Riviera aboard a kayak.Restaurant - La Terraza restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisineFishing - The hotel fishing boat: "Castel Dragone”Recommended by - Tablet
A luxurious Italian hotel set on a stunning hillside, overlooking Portofino harbour. Rooms are timelessly elegant and boast impressive sea views. A choice of three sophisticated restaurants, serving traditional Italian cuisine. Swimming pool, spa and health centre. Quintessential Italian splendour. See More