- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Herceg Novi
About Herceg Novi
Herceg Novi's 'novi', means 'new', but just because it's one of the newer towns on this beautiful bay, it was still founded in the 15th Century, so its Old Town, set on a steep hill, is an impressive mix of sunny squares, winding streets, imposing fortresses and pretty churches. And some of the best places to stay in Herceg Novi can also be found here. It's said the old town's architecture is similar to Dubrovnik, which is about 40 minutes away by car, but without the rows of tourists lining up to have their photos taken against it. Herceg Novi has gradually spread and engulfed a couple of the other smaller bay towns, including Igalo, with its famous mineral springs, and you can see why it's so popular - what with its perfect spot, on the mouth of the bay where the waters seem crystal clear.
What Not To Miss
- Take a stroll around the narrow, historic streets of the old town and take in the beautiful old architecture - alternatively, sit in one of the little cafes - great for people watching.
- Enjoy a boat trip to the Blue Grotto, an enchanting blue water cave where visitors can enjoy a refreshing swim through this ancient hole in the rocks.
- Pay a visit to Monastery Savina, a beautiful old monastery with a vineyard - you can even sample and buy the wine they produce in the shop there.
- Visit the Mamula Fortress, located on a small island reachable by boat this old fortress and prison has been left as it was when the troops and prisoners left. The views are also quite spectacular.
- Relax at Dobrec Beach, a secluded little beach that has to be accessed by boat. There's also a restaurant where you can enjoy a meal with a fantastic view.
As with Kotor, the best places to stay in Herceg Novi get very busy during the summer months. So if you want to be sure of a great hotel, get organised and book early.
The Best Places To Stay in Herceg Novi
For a beach break
- The Boutique Hotel Casa del mare is a new hotel with its own private beach, right on the bay. Modern sandstone on the outside, this hotel has large, light and luxurious interiors and eight rooms.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties along the coast or in the town.
- Fly to Dubrovnik Airport situated 28km (17 miles) from Herceg Novi. The airport serves a range of both domestic and International carriers.
- Alternatively, catch a bus to Herceg Novi with regular buses to Dubrovnik and other destinations.
- if you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline, for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the peak summer months of July and August can get very hot so visitors may be better visiting just either side of these months for slightly cooler temperatures.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Herceg Novi for you?
Best Hotels in Herceg Novi
Boutique Hotel Casa del mare 8 rooms from $165Herceg Novi
A newly built hotel with its own private beach on the bay of Herceg Novi. An attractive sandstone building with contemporary chic interiors. Big bright spacious rooms with all the mod cons and balconies. Fantastic beach and sun deck area. Ideal for couples, families, or a small wedding.Beach Life - Private beach with sun loungers and day beds.Views - Stunning bay views.Sights nearby - Sveti Stefan, Cetinje, Perast.On the beach - The hotel has its own beach.