Search the best hotels in Perast
Perast has an elegantly fading grandeur about its orange rooftops dotted with the romantic domes and cupolas of its 16 churches and 17 palaces - for a population of only about 500. It may be small, but with a growing reputation as a holiday destination, the best places to stay in Perast are having to brush up their acts pretty quickly! There's only one main street, running down the hill to the narrow promenade along the bay so the beauty is even more concentrated. In amongst these almost Venetian looking monuments sprouts bougainvillea, date trees and wild figs scenting the air. Perast has no sandy beaches, which is why it's less popular than its neighbour Kotor, but there are plenty of places to sunbathe and swim.
What Not To Miss
- As well as relaxing your time away, you might like to take a boat out to the bay's peaceful islands, St. George and Gospa od Škrpjela.
- Take a boat trip to Our Lady of the Rocks and visit the small church and museum there.
- Admire the spectacular Palace Zmajevic - a truly wonderful piece of architecture.
- The museum is also worth a visit as it houses a great collection of artefacts showing the fascinating history of the area.
Apparently Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have a house here. So it won't stay the peaceful and elegantly wilting rose for long. So go now! Book one of the best places to stay in Perast and make your friends jealous that you were first to find "the next best thing".
For a romantic break
- If you're thinking of honeymooning in Montenegro, this one may be for you. The Hotel Perastra is a small, opulent hotel in beautiful surroundings. Each room and suite has been individually styled with an eye for romance and the hotel pool has spectacular views over the Bay of Kotor. There is an excellent restaurant and a state of the art spa.
For stunning views
- Just along the coast between Perast and Kotor is the Palazzo Radomiri, a gorgeous seven room villa which also offers wonderful views out to the bay. Rooms are traditional but chic and there's a fabulous Balkan-Mediterranean fusion restaurant.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties by the water or in the town.
- Fly to Tivat Airport located only 20km (12 miles) from Perast. The airport serves several domestic and International destinations.
- Catch a bus to Perast, with long distance routes to Kotor as well as other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the peak summer months of July and August can get very hot so visitors may be better visiting just either side of these months for slightly cooler temperatures.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Perast
Hotel Per Astra Perast 11 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Each suite is romantically decorated in individual themes.Views - Stunning sea views over Kotor Bay.LuxuryOpulent - Plenty of classical opulence combined with state of the art facilities.