I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Tivat
Tivat has long been a favourite haunt of the rich and famous. Back in the Middle Ages, clutches of the Balkan nobility made this sunny spot in the Bay of Kotor their summer residence, notably made apparent by the picturesque Renaissance-era Buca Residence, now a museum and art gallery. Perched peacefully in the shadow of Mount Vrmac, this beautiful and serene seaside resort makes for a great family holiday destination or romantic week away: the sunswept promenade is lined with rows of plush apartment blocks, and the small town itself teems with fish restaurants, pizzerias, tavernas, cafes-cum-music venues and some great nightclubs.
By the turn of the 19th century, Tivat became the major naval base of the Austro-Hungarian Empire; it's no surprise, therefore, that the focal point of local life is the marina, brimming with bobbing sleek and white superyachts, backed by enormous mountains in the far distance, where visitors can go on guided boat trips to nearby islands crowned with ruined hermetic monasteries, or the nearby and charming town of Kotor. While there are no sand or pebble beaches within walking distance, just a few miles on the outskirts you'll find some pleasant, secluded beaches, and the wide white sand beaches of the Lustica Peninsula. There are numerous watersports on offer, including snorkelling in the underwater Blue Cave, and adrenaline-junkies will love the canyoning and hiking opportunities in the surrounding mountains, and the quaint stone villages that pepper the hillsides, like that of Gornja Lastva. Enchanting, peaceful and beautiful, Tivat is a great place to go to escape from the humdrum of city-life and unwind in the arms of nature. The best places to stay in Tivat are elegant and plush, ideal for a pampering weekend away!
The best places to stay in Tivat
- Regent Porto Montenegro is a superbly luxurious hotel on the sea front in Tivat. Venetian style architecture with modern furnishings and stylish interior design. Rooms and suites are contemporary classic with all the mod cons and private balconies. Fabulous Mediterranean cuisine and top of the range spa.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to travel is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 15 and 30 degrees.
- Fly to Tivat International Airport, (taking flights from major European hubs).
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Tivat
Regent Porto Montenegro Tivat 86 rooms from £219
A superbly luxurious hotel on the sea front in Tivat. Venetian style architecture with modern furnishings and stylish interior design. Rooms and suites are contemporary classic with all the mod cons and private balconies. Fabulous Mediterranean cuisine and top of the range spa.Views - Stunning seaviews.LuxuryRomantic BreakSights nearby - Sveti Stefan, Cetinje, Lake Skadar, Budva, Kotor.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection