Search the best hotels in El Jadida
About El Jadida
Far from the crowds of tourists that descend on Marrakech and Fez, El Jadida sits on the Atlantic coast between Casablanca and the popular tourist town of Essaouira, very much off-the-beaten-track. Boasting delectable seafood, Renaissance churches sitting alongside medieval mosques, pristine public parks like Parc Spini blooming in abundant sunshine, and only a short walk away from clean and deserted beaches perfect for sunbathing and surfing, the town makes for a wonderful seaside holiday. Of course, one the predominate reasons that people - in particular, Moroccans - love El Jadida, is because north of the town lies the popular tourist resort of Mazagan, with its gorgeous stretch of beach, golf course, casino and spa. There's also the surfer's paradise of Sidi Bouzid, and nearby Oualidia, a large lagoon where egrets and flamingos makes their home. But history-buffs will enjoy the UNESCO-listed Cite Portugaise, complete with crenulated ramparts, tours of the haunting 16th century vaulted underground cistern, and the Fortress of Mazagan - arguably one of the best-preserved coastal fortresses in the country. For a unique and history stay complete with sand, sunbathing and seafood, the best places to stay in El Jadida include a boutique hotel set in a historic townhouse right in the heart of the town.
The best places to stay in El Jadida
- L'Iglesia is a boutique hotel set in a restored and elegantly refurbished church in the beautiful UNESCO-listed town of El Jadida. Chic steely-grey rooms are filled with retro furniture. Delicious cuisine is served at the restaurant. Perfectly placed to explore this historic town and its pretty beaches.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to travel is in late August or September, after the crowds of tourists start leaving: during this time, the temperature ranges between 24 and 22 degrees.
- Fly to Casablanca International Airport, and get the train to El Jadida. The journey takes 1h 20 minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Morocco
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in El Jadida
Best Hotels in El Jadida
L'Iglesia El Jadida (Portugaise) 14 rooms from £125Local exploring - El Jadida is a gem for history and culture hounds; stroll to El Jadida's iconic fortress and bike to the beachOutstanding location - A restored Portuguese church and former consulate in a fascinating Unesco-listed townViews - Next to the bell tower of the church, the terrace has a beautiful view on the old Portuguese citySights nearby - Explore El Jadida's fortress, colourful fishing harbour, coastal ramparts and Portuguese cisternRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
A boutique hotel set in a restored and elegantly refurbished church in the beautiful UNESCO-listed town of El Jadida. Chic steely-grey rooms are filled with retro furniture. Delicious cuisine is served at the restaurant. Perfectly placed to explore this historic town and its pretty beaches. See More