Search the best hotels in Mirleft
A small, sleepy Berber fishing town perched between jutting mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, Mirleft is one of Morocco's best-kept secrets: a laid-back surfer town popular with artists and musicians, its fledgling uncommercialised development was a result of individuals - particularly folk from Germany and France - as opposed to large corporations and mega-resorts that you tend to find along the rugged North African coastline. Tumbling down a hill crowned with a fort built by the Spanish in 1935, it is defined by its pristine, tranquil beaches, where watersports like surfing, windsurfing and paragliding are popular, and by its sleepy chic cafes nestling beneath the arches of the main street. You can immerse yourself in Berber culture by taking some cooking classes; buy handmade Moroccan silverware from a local market; hike the rugged coastline or simply slum it at the beach, in the brazen sunshine. Regardless, Mirleft is a wonderful place to visit - whether you're on a family holiday, romantic break or a getaway with your friends. Sleepy, small, quaint and charming, the best places to stay in Mirleft include a lovely guesthouse overlooking the ocean.
The best places to stay in Mirleft
- Kasbah Tabelkoukt is a charming coastal guesthouse, perched on the side of cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Large and characterful rooms each follow a separate theme, from Africa to spa. Lovely terrace dining beside the infinity pool. Spa and beauty treatments plus Hammam give a touch of luxury.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when there are few tourists, and when the temperature remains between 18 and 24 degrees.
- Fly to Agadir International Airport. There is few decent public transport, so your best bet would be to take a shared taxi to Mirleft. It's a 130km journey.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Morocco
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Mirleft
Best Hotels in Mirleft
Kasbah Tabelkoukt 85350 Mirleft 11 rooms from £142Eco break - This hotel uses solar water heating, rainwater recovery for the garden, doesn't use AC's and sticks to organic produce.Total relaxation - A relaxed coastal retreat, make the most of the hotel's spa and beauty salon with invigorating massages and treatments.Surfing - Nearby plage Sauvage offer rental equipment and courses for beginners and experienced surfersCooking classes - Learn to whip up your favourite Moroccan dishes from locally sourced organic ingredients.
A charming coastal guesthouse, perched on the side of cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Large and characterful rooms each follow a separate theme, from Africa to spa. Lovely terrace dining beside the infinity pool. Spa and beauty treatments plus Hammam give a touch of luxury. See More