Search the best hotels in Taghazout
Along the Atlantic coast of Morocco is a sleepy, laid-back fishing village named Taghazout - a surfer's paradise - and a lovely little seaside retreat. Effortlessly trendy, it is perfectly suited to young people looking for a lazy beach holiday. Whether you're riding the raging waves, sitting back with a milkshake at a seaside cafe or explore the nooks and crannies of Paradise Valley, you will never be at a loss for something to do. The best places to stay in Taghazout will give you the holiday of your wildest dreams.
Surfers from all around the world come in droves to this scruffy village scattered along the coast, not only in love with the wild tempestuous waves of the Atlantic Ocean but also the town itself, a pretty assortment of white and blue houses strewn along winding dusty lanes. It is a remarkably peaceful atmosphere. During both dawn and dusk, you can see the regular yoga sessions happening on terraces overlooking the sea. Surf schools abound in Taghazout, taught by ex-pros from all over the world, catering to all levels and some of the surf teachers themselves are considered to be the best in the business.
If surfing isn't your cup-of-tea, there is still much to experience in the village and the surrounding area. Consider making the 40 minute trip to Agadir to visit the Souk El Had (Sunday market), where you can buy anything from Argan oil products and fish to fresh juices and spices. Just 30 minutes out-of-town is Paradise Valley, a scenic place full of hidden pools tucked between cliffs. A popular activity here is cliff-jumping, leaping from the edge of the cliff into the azure depths of one of the hidden pools - not for the faint-hearted!
What not to miss
- Take lessons at one of the many surf schools and ride some enormous waves!
- Chill out with a milkshake at Panorama Beach or head a few miles south of town and go sunbathing on Banana Beach.
- Check out the Sunday market (Souk El Had) in Agadir and buy some spices.
- At sunset, join a yoga session overlooking the sea.
- Walk through Paradise Valley and if you're feeling brave, jump off a cliff into a pool!
The best places to stay in Taghazout do tend to get booked up fast so we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay in Taghazout
- World of Waves Surf House: a down-to-earth yet stylish surf lodge with bright, spacious rooms featuring artisan decor made from natural materials.
For a boutique stay
- Munga Guest House: a charming characterful Swiss/Moroccan owned guest house overlooking the ocean with individually decorated rooms using up-cycled wood. The food is superb and the vibes relaxed.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- In the summer, the temperature averages at around 24 degrees. The best time to go however is during the autumn, when you miss the summer crowds, and when the temperature ranges between 14 and 23 degrees.
- Fly to Agadir and take a shuttle bus to Taghazout (it takes 40 minutes).
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our options in Essaouira.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Morocco.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Taghazout
Best Hotels in Taghazout
World of Waves Surf House douar Taghazout 7 rooms from £84Active Holiday - Ideal for surfing and yoga aficionados, with great surf beaches on the doorstep and in-house yoga for guestsSurfing - Great surf spots in the area ant surfing outings and classes can be arranged for guestsOutstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Down-to-earth yet stylish surf lodge with bright, spacious rooms featuring artisan decor made from natural materials. Guests can relax in hammocks on the communal terraces with great sea-views after a day out surfing; while delicious, fresh and healthy fusion meals are served throughout the day! See More
Munga Guest House Taghazout 15 rooms from £116Active Holiday - By a popular surf beach & offering surf packages, ideal for an active surfing holiday, and lots of yoga also available!Surfing - At Munga, private surf lessons and guide trips are provided so that you get the most out of your vacationFishing - The waters are perfect for spear & rod fishing, and guides can take you up and down the coast in search of the freshest catchesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Charming, quirky, characterful Swiss/Moroccan owned guest house overlooking the ocean with individually decorated rooms using up-cycled wood. Most rooms have balconies with sea views. Two restaurants on site with top notch cuisine. Suits couples and families as well as solo travellers. See More