Search the best hotels in Vouzela
Vouzela is a town in the Viseu district of Central Portugal. It is situated on a hill at the confluence of the rivers Vouga and Zela from where the name derives. This is very much rural Portugal with vineyards and farms and it's a particularly good spot for hikers, with a myriad of trails in the surrounding countryside. But there are also sites of historical interest as highlighted below. Many of the best places to stay in Vouzela are good starting points for these trails.
What Not To Miss
- The thirteenth century church of Santa Maria and the 18th century Misericordia Church.
- The Ponte Ferroviaria de Vouzela - a Roman bridge rising dramatically above the town and the medieval Acrofa Tower.
- Also worth visiting is the Cambarinho Botanical reserve with its collection of rare oleanders.
- The area is also notable for local culinary specialities, including Lafoes veal and the delicate pastries which are peculiar to these parts.
The best places to stay in Vouzela offer the visitor a charming base to explore off the beaten track Portugal.
For great value
- Casa de Fatauncos is a lovely eighteenth century mansion set in beautiful countryside just outside Vouzela and offers exceptional value with rooms starting from around £40 per night. There are lots of outdoor activities available and the views from the terrace are amazing!
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of self-catering options in the town centre.
- Fly to Porto Airport located 116km (72 miles) from Vouzela. The airport caters to a wide range of International destinations along with domestic ones.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this beautiful rural region - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather - perfect for exploring the Vineyards or chilling by the pool.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our pick of the best places to stay in Vouzela,
- Alternatively, expand your search to include all our Portugal collections,
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Vouzela
Best Hotels in Vouzela
Casa de Fatauncos Vouzela 10 rooms from £43Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorViews - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
A lovely 18th century mansion in the countryside surrounded by luscious mountains and valleys. Traditional elegance throughout; antique furnishings, stone floors, paintings. Green gardens, large pool, and lots to do in the surrounding nature. A great choice for a lazy family holiday. See More