Search the best hotels in Aragón
Stretching from the peaks of the Pyrenees to the remote southern city of Teruel, Aragón is a spectacular region, famed for its natural beauty as well as its picture-perfect medieval villages and town. Accommodation options are wide-ranging and selecting the right base for you can be daunting. That’s where our list of the best places to stay in Aragón comes in, highlighting top spots across the region for families, couples, foodies and active adventurers.
Our Aragón collections:
- Best places to stay in Matarraña
- Best places to stay in Alquezar
- Best places to stay in Albarracin
- Best places to stay in the Pyrenees
Zaragoza, Aragón’s capital, is a fascinating historic city on the banks of the Ebro River. The multi-domed Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar is the city’s most iconic landmark, but its streets are also home to striking residences, the impressive Museum of Goya, and the largest freshwater aquarium in Europe. Heritage aficionados should also consider picturesque Alcañiz, in Lower Aragón, with its castle, nearby archaeological sites and ancient cave paintings.
Many visitors are drawn to this mountainous region by the promise of adventure. Head into the Pyrenees for skiing and snowboarding — perhaps basing yourself at Benasque — or for scenic hikes, mountain biking and horse riding. Alquézar is a brilliant starting point for canyoning, abseiling and canoeing, too. With a plethora of spectacular natural parks to discover, this is a fantastic region for outdoorsy types of all ages. Kick back at one of the best places to stay in Aragón as you prepare for another exciting day out!
The Best Places to Stay in Aragón
FOR CITY STYLE
- Gran Hotel de Zaragoza is an impressive historic property in the heart of the city. Expect sleek, contemporary rooms and suites, a fine-dining restaurant and a trendy tapas bar. A lively spot with a good buzz, perfect for holidaymakers or business travellers.
- Hotel Palafox has sophisticated rooms with big beds, elegant furnishings and expansive city views. The top-notch restaurant and rooftop pool add to the appeal. Fun for couples or families seeking a stylish Zaragoza base.
- Mas de la Costa offers a beautifully romantic experience in a 19th-century house surrounded by 23 hectares of olive and almond groves. Close to Valderrobres, this couples' escape has attractive guest rooms, a fine dining restaurant and a pool with hammam. A dream hideaway.
- Parador de Alcañiz is an imposing brick-built castle-convent dating back to the 12th Century, with splendid heritage rooms and suites. Think big four-poster beds, terracotta-tiled floors and expansive views from the hotel's setting atop Cerro Pui Pinos. The leafy courtyard and elegant restaurant are highlights. One for fans of timeless charm in Alcañiz.
- Mas de la Serra, tucked in the hills and valleys of stunning Matarraña, has just eight rooms. Book the whole place for a celebration with friends, or kick back as a couple. Remote and tranquil, with a swimming pool, superb views and delicious Peruvian lunches.
- Hotel Cresol is a charming little property with a lovely garden and an excellent restaurant. The six rooms have exposed stone walls, wooden beams and magical views. One for romantic couples, unusually housed in a former oil mill in Calceite.
FOR FAMILIES OR GROUPS
- Zrooms Suites offers rooms as well as apartments with space for up to six guests. Well-located in Zaragoza, super-modern and stylish, this is a brilliant base for groups of friends or families. Also very reasonably priced.
- Hotel La Neu is a lovely spot within walking distance of Benasque town centre. Interiors fuse classic mountain style with a more modern aesthetic, featuring wood-panelled walls, exposed beams and minimalist furnishings. Family suites make this a great choice for a holiday with little ones. Homemade breakfasts are served each morning, and there are good restaurants in town.
- La Demba Art-Hotel has individually decorated rooms, each designed by a contermporary artist. Book the family room with private games area if travelling with little ones. Spend your days discovering mountain paths, canoeing on the lake and feasting on hearty traditional fare at the restaurant.
- Consolacion, a modernist, design-led hotel in the Matarraña hills, offering cube-like rooms and marvellous views. The highlight is undoubtedly the swish restaurant, where Chef Ruben Amorós crafts innovative dishes -- like foie gras cured in salt with pumpkin and apple. Hone your skillls with excellent culinary workshops
- La Posada de Lalola sits in Buera, an appealingly tranquil village. This six-bedroom hotel has been thoughtfully decorated, with pretty rooms painted in pastel shades. Life centres around the garden and ivy-framed terrace, where you can tuck into superb regional fare al fresco. A laid-back choice for keen foodies eager to savour classic Aragonese dishes.
- La Torre del Visco is a gorgeous country house hotel, set within 200 acres of grounds. Tour the rose gardens and the working farm, or gather in the games room. The farm-to-table restaurant is exceptional, there are cooking classes and mushroom foraging outings, and regular wine tastings. A foodie favourite.
- Casa de San Martín overlooks the Ordesa National Park. A property with a rich heritage, it has been lovingly resotred to create chic, inviting rooms with marvellous views. Gather in the restaurant to feast on produce from the vegetable garden and local growers, paired with unusual regional wines. A gem.
For Mountain Adventures
- Hotel Maribel, in the heart of Alquézar, has nine opulent bedrooms with four-poster beds and earthy-toned textiles. The enormous hydrotherapy baths are perfect for unwinding after big days in the Natural Park, and the onsite wine tastings are a real treat.
- Hotel Selba d'Ansils, beautiful in both winter and summer, is an attractive rural retreat in the Benasque Valley. A classic stone and slate exterior hides cosy traditional rooms with marvellous views, and an inviting book-lined sitting room. Feast at the hotel restaurant after days of hiking and skiing. The swimming pool is very refreshing.
- Casa Alodia is a rustic, six-bedroom hotel in Alquézar, with attractive rooms offering private balconies and gorgeous views of the historic village. Expect tiled floors, exposed wooden beams and a soothing, natural palette inspired by the surrounding terrain. Lovely for couples as well as families who hope to hike, canyon and kayak.
- Hotel Almud has individually decorated rooms with brightly painted walls and antique furnishings in Sallent de Gallego. A tranquil village hideaway in the Pyrenees, perfect for active guests of all ages looking to hike, climb, mountain bike and ski.
For Great Value
- Hotel Villa de Cretas is a lovely and affordable little hotel in historic Matarraña. Traditional rooms have exposed brickwork, but the bathrooms are more modern. There's a bar, library and restaurant. A great choice in an idyllic setting.
- Hotel Sauce is a simple, well-priced spot just 100 metres from Zaragoza's Plaza del Pilar. Light, airy rooms have hardwood floors and chic, largely white interiors. Kick off the day with home-cooked buffet breakfasts. The friendly team are on-hand with local recommendations.
- La Posada de Uncastillo offers smart yet simple rooms clad in white and cream tones. An attractive village retreat, perfect for exploring the surrounding monasteries and castles, or the Bardenas Reales Natural Park on a budget.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Zaragoza Airport, the largest in Aragón, and travel to your destination by bus or taxi. Some hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Aragón is wonderful for a road trip, particularly if you intend to explore beyond Zaragoza! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with temperatures averaging at around 26°C - 31°C between June and August. For fewer crowds and slightly cooler weather -- often better for outdoorsy adventuring -- travel in April, May or late September. Visit between December and March for winter sports in the mountains.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Zaragoza.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in neighbouring Catalonia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aragón
Best Hotels in Aragón
Hotel Villa de Cretas Matarraña 12 rooms from £63Local exploring - Explore the historic town of Cretas: Church of the Assumption, Portal of San Roque, walking tours, dining treats of the regionSights nearby - Valderrobres, The Fresneda, Beceite, Calaceite, Rafeles, Penyarroya of Tastavins, River Matarrana, Ports of Tortosa beceiteSwimming Pool - At nearby hotelBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
A lovely little hotel in a historic town. Traditional rooms blend the rustic and contemporary, with muted colour schemes, exposed brick work and modern bathrooms. Bar, library and authentic Spanish cuisine. A great choice from which to explore the historic towns and villages of the region. See More
Hospederia Meson de la Dolores Zaragoza, Aragón 34 rooms from £64Country Escape - Relaxed atmosphere and traditional town to explore, plus nature parks and sights within close vicinitySights nearby - Collegiate Church of Santa María, Aragonese palaces and other viewpoints in Calatayud: Marist, Pujadas, ErluetaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
A traditional hotel in a delightful village. Charming rooms feature open beams, wrought iron furniture, wooden floors, brightly painted walls, some have four poster beds. Excellent authentic regional cuisine, a peaceful courtyard, and an elegant bar. A lovely hotel for a quiet weekend. See More
Hotel Sauce Zaragoza 40 rooms from £56Families - An ideal family escape with charming family rooms, a hearty buffet breakfast and proximity to the main sightsLocal exploring - Its central location makes this a perfect spot from which to explore the historic city of ZaragozaSights nearby - Just 50 metres from the famed El Pilar BasilicaHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
A chic and affordable hotel right in the centre of historic Zaragoza. Understated elegance reigns supreme with hardwood floors, white on white interiors and splashes of art on the walls. The hotel serves an excellent home cooked buffet breakfast and the staff are warm and welcoming. See More
La Posada de Lalola Alquézar (Huesca) 6 rooms from £57Restaurant - Specialises in traditional dishes of the area.Sights nearby - 5 mins from mediaeval AlquézarViews - Mountains and the local town.Traditional
Hotel Almud Huesca, Pyrenees 10 rooms from £72Active Holiday - Plethora of activities in the mountains from caving, skiing, rock climbing, sailing and kayakingSpa - City of Sallent de Gallego has 'Clean Water Spa' with thermal and freshwater treatmentsSailing - On the reservoir LanuzaViews - Pyrenees MountainsRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A delightful and traditional hotel in a small village. Unique rooms are cosy and elegant with wooden floors, antique furniture, and brightly painted walls. Views of the mountains, intimate bar area. An ideal choice for an active holiday exploring the mountains in the fresh air. See More
La Posada de Uncastillo Zaragoza, Aragón 10 rooms from £65Country Escape - This rural retreat is ideal for exploring the villages, monasteries and castles in the surrounding Aragon countrysideSights nearby - Visit the many lovely churches and sights of medieval Uncastillo and the various picturesque villages in the areaGreat walks - There are many lovely walks in the surrounding region and in the stunning natural parksSecluded setting - For escaping.
This B&B is in a fine old building in the heart of a medieval village. Rustic-chic interiors feature traditional bare wood, stone floors and attractive wooden furniture while the homely lounge has comfy sofas around a stove. Smart rooms are cosy and unfussy. A delightfully tranquil base. See More
Zrooms Suites Zaragoza 3 rooms from £65Romantic Break - With Tempur-Pedic beds, premium bedding and a projector wall, this is perfect for a romantic hideaway holidayGroups - With self-contained apartments that can host up to six people, this is a good option for groupsCity Style - Located in the heart of Zaragoza's city centre, this is a great base for a city breakLocal markets - Take a trip to the Mercado central to see the bustling market in Zaragoza's city centre
These boutique apartments are located in the heart of bustling Zaragoza. Exposed brick walls contrast with uber modern interior design; enjoy a film on the projector from the comfort of your memory foam bed or have a drink on the cosy enclosed terrace. A stylish, contemporary base for a city break. See More
La Demba Art-Hotel Aragón 10 rooms from £68Families - Family rooms available and it has its own games room for the kidsCountry Escape - Set in the idyllic countryside with beautiful mountain viewsSights nearby - The Torreciudad Marian shrine and the Buddhist monastery Dag Shang Kagyu are only 5 miles awayGreat walks - Plenty of local mountain hikesRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Mas de la Serra Fuentespalda, Aragón 8 rooms from £79Views - Panoramic views of the surrounding sierra.FamiliesActive HolidayOutstanding location - A beautiful location surrounded by mountain, river, valley, gorge, and still close to the beach.Recommended by - I Escape
A charming hotel in a stunning location; mountain, river, valley, gorge. Fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding sierra. Rustic romantic rooms have wooden beams, stone walls, lots of natural light. Fabulous Peruvian dinners from terraces, huge pool, and very family friendly. Wow! See More
Parador de Sos del Rey Catolico Aragón 66 rooms from £74Local exploring - Sos del Rey Católico is place of historical importance - explore this beautfiful town on footFoodies - Sample regional delicacies at the Cinco Villas restaurantWeddings - This fairytale setting is ideal for a weddingSights nearby - This walled medieval town atop a rock face has neat cobbled streets with traditional townhouses and churches
A delightful Aragonese mansion with palatial decor including wood-covered interior columns, elegant restaurant, Castilian-style furnishings and an omnipotent tower nodding to the nobility of years gone by. Rooms are large and spacious and in keeping with the building's history. See More
Hotel Selba d'Ansils Benasque 10 rooms from £75Active Holiday - There's skiing a few miles away, an outdoor pool to use during the summer and plenty of local hiking.Country Escape - Situated in the peaceful countryside of the Benasque Valley surrounded by lush mountain meadows.Writing a novel - Use the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside to get the creative juices flowing.Great walks - There are plenty of local hiking trails through the flower filled meadows and up the mountains.Recommended by - Michelin Travel, Great Small Hotels
A stone and slate mountain-style house, situated in the peaceful Benasque Valley. The charming rooms are decorated in a traditional manner and boast spectacular views. The cosy and intimate lounge is perfect for an evening drink and the restaurant serves excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere. See More
Parador de Alcaniz Alcaniz (Alcañiz Teruel) 37 rooms from £78Romantic Break - Lovely accommodation, great cuisine and a superb ambiance-the perfect spot for a romantic getaway!Foodies - Features two wonderful restaurantsGreat walks - Head off hiking all over the MaestrazgoViews - Great views from hotel
Parador de Alcaniz boasts a wonderful hilltop location, in an historic former castle convent. Gothic murals, Baroque façades and splendid views. Traditional accommodation with antique furnishings and elegant communal areas-perfect to relax in with a good book. A truly romantic stay! See More
Hotel Cresol Teruel, Aragón 6 rooms from £78Sights nearby - There are many peaceful chapels to visit in the region.Birdwatching - Birdwatching at "Mas de Buñol".TraditionalRestaurant - Recommended.
A fabulous little hotel set in an architectural landscape of poppy fields, olive groves, and vineyards. A traditional building with contemporary classic rooms and suites. Stone walls, wooden beams, clean white furnishings. Lovely garden and excellent little restaurant. Perfect for local exploring. See More
Masia La Torre Teruel, Aragón 11 rooms from £78Country Escape - Great food and wine, lovely countryside and rustic chic rooms. Heaven.Foodies - Sample innovative regional cuisine in the elegant restaurant.Great walks - Miles of hiking trails starting from your front door.Romantic - Good for couples.
A charming converted country house boasting an excellent restaurant. Sample exquisite regional fare with a contemporary twist after spending a day exploring the picturesque countryside. Sink into gorgeous soft beds in rustic-chic rooms with exposed stonework and natural art. Rural perfection. See More
Casa Alodia Alquézar (Huesca) 6 rooms from £83Great walks - Located on the edge of the Sierra de Guara Nature Reserve there are many excellent walking routes.Back to Nature - Decorated with natural materials and located on the edge of the Sierra de Guara Nature Reserve.Sights nearby - A visit to Alquezar's The Colegiata is well worth the steep walk!Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Down a cobbled street in the medieval village of Alquezar this rustic property combines natural materials with luxury trimmings. The menu is a similar blend with a contemporary take on the classics. Rooms have earthy palettes, hand woven fabrics, locally made furniture and modern bathrooms. See More
Consolacion Aragon, Matarraña 12 rooms from £96Hideaway - An as yet undiscovered region. The pod-like rooms feel utterly secluded, with views over pine forests and Matarrana mountainsFoodies - Excellent restaurant; nine different types of food workshops; from terrines, truffles, chocolate and tapasCooking classes - Variety of courses available in hotel kitchenDesigner - Alvar Aalto furnitureRecommended by - Tablet
A designer hotel in Mataranna hills. Ultra-modern rooms are slick with slate, sunken baths, terraces and fireplaces. Outstanding traditional cuisine. Stunning pool, gardens, library, bar and 'garage' area for reading or relaxing. An utterly sleek affair for a countryside weekend. See More
El Sueno de Virila Zaragoza, Aragón 6 rooms from £98Traditional - Once a medieval Synagogue and later a fabulous 16th century manor house.Sights nearby - Palacio de Sada, Javier Castle and Monastery of Leyre.Views - Great views from hotelBoutique
A fabulous little hotel, previously a synagogue, then a manor house. A charming mixture of classical and contemporary. Spacious rooms have wooden beams, kilim rugs and designer furnishings. Lovely roof top terrace, library and bar. Perfect for a stop over in the countryside. See More
Gran Hotel de Zaragoza Zaragoza 133 rooms from £90Honeymoons - For an extra special honeymoon stay in the Jacuzzi suite, enjoy a range of massaages and try the excellent tasting menuCity Style - This fabulously grand hotel has attracted the cream of high society- everyone from Walt Disney to King Juan Carlos ISights nearby - Explore the old town with its cathedral and basilica, as well as many charming winding streets filled with characterRomantic - Good for couples.
An historic and majestic hotel right in the heart of Zaragoza. The magnificent domed foyer, complete with chandelier, sets the tone for the hotel - think old world glamour meets modern comfort. With a tapas bar, a fine dining restaurant, a funky bar and a wonderful gym they have all bases covered. See More
Hotel La Neu 22440 Benasque 12 rooms from £92Great walks - There is a large network of marked routes formed by paths, roads, trails and tracksSights nearby - Check out the charming nearby villages of Cerler, Anciles and SahúnSecluded setting - For escaping.Outstanding location
A charming modern hotel in the centre of Benasque town, close to ski resorts and hiking trails. The lounge has stylish dove-grey furnishings and a wood-burning stove, exuding a cosy atmosphere. Chic rooms are simple with plenty of pine and soft hues. Ideal for active alpine breaks. See More
Hotel Maribel Alquézar (Aragon) 9 rooms from £104Active HolidayFishing - In the Sierra de Guara: The Vero, Alcanadre and Barrasil riversSights nearby - Sierra de guara; Alquezar PuebloViews - Great views from hotel
La Casuena Lanuza, Pyrenees 10 rooms from £108Views - Set in the beautiful Valle de Tena.Skiing - In the winter.Value chicSights nearby - Monasteries San Juan de la Peña , Santa Cruz in the serosa , and San Pedro de Siresa, all great samples of Romanesque Aragon .
A charming and rustic hotel nestled at the foot of the Pyrenees, beside a lake, and a few kilometres from the ski resort, Formigal. Large rooms have wooden floorboards and attractive furnishings. Excellent regional cuisine and access to fantastic mountain fresh air and sport. See More
Casa de San Martin Aragón 10 rooms from £115Country Escape - The perfect country house situated in the Ordesa National Park.Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotel
An imposing country house situated in a breathtaking spot overlooking the Ordesa National Park. Classically renovated throughout, think exposed stone work, cast iron beds and open fireplaces. Stunning local cuisine and wines served at the restaurant. An unmissable location. See More
Hotel Vinas de Larrede Huesca, Aragón 17 rooms from £116Back to Nature - Surrounded by serene gardens and beautiful natural landscape, ideal for tranquil retreatsSights nearby - Explore the ancient local village, or head to Alto Gállego to visit the Cathedral of Jaca and the Castle of LoarreGreat walks - Close to the hotel is the start of the trail 'The Way of Saint James', a pleasant picturesque hikeSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
Charming chalet-style hotel in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Featuring a garden with a lovely pool, and simple interiors characterised by Swiss pine fittings and an air of unfussy elegance. Attractive rooms are similarly understated and homely, and the wonderfully cosy spa seals the deal! See More
Hotel Posada Al Vent Huesca, Aragón 5 rooms from £121Active Holiday - There are plenty of activities to get you out and about enjoying the beautiful surrounding countrysideCountry Escape - Enjoy the glorious views and forget about all your worries at this tranquil spotGreat walks - Hike around the beautifully scenic Ordesa National ParkRestrictions on children - Adult onlyRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Posada Al Vent offers traditional accommodation in a 16th-century house, with four-poster beds and wonderful views. Unwind on the terrace with a drink and enjoy superb meals at their restaurant. A lovely country retreat perfect for letting go and getting out in the great outdoors. See More
Hotel Palafox Zaragoza 179 rooms from £129City Style - An upscale and sophisticated city break, with elegant suites, an extensive cellar and the piece de resistance- a rooftop poolRomantic Break - With elegant suites offering indulgent linens, whirlpool baths and plush carpets- perfect for a getaway for twoGreat walks - Right in the heart of Zaragoza, perfect for wandering the streets and exploring on footSights nearby - The hotel sits just 80 metres from the renowned Pilar Basilica
A smart and sophisticated hotel right in the heart of Zaragoza. The elegant and comfortable rooms offer carpeted floors, indulgent beds and large bathrooms. Head down to the restaurant for traditional fare or up to the rooftop pool for city views and a cooling dip. Perfect for families and couples. See More
Bonansa Country Hotel Pyrenees 8 rooms from £139Active Holiday - Various local hiking trails, cycling routes and ski slopes in the winterTotal relaxation - Make the most out of the on site spa and wellness centreGreat walks - Take in the stunning Pyrenees sceneryRemote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
La Torre Del Visco Aragón 14 rooms from £156Foodies - Farm to table ethos of the restaurant, and guests can accompany on mushroom foraging, cookery classes and wine tasting eventsGreat walks - Country walk through our river valley to the nearby village of RáfalesCooking classes - Mushroom foraging and cookery classes in the hotel kitchenSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Mas de la Costa Valderrobres, Aragón 15 rooms from £156Country Escape - An eco property in an area of outstanding natural beauty.Sights nearby - Wander through the cobbled streets of the nearby medieval village, Valderrobres, and visit the 13th century castle.Great walks - Explore the trials through the Puertos de Beceite Mountains.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
A charming eco property set in a quiet and, miraculously undiscovered, corner of Spain. Modernity meets tradition throughout. Exposed brickwork against sheets of glass. All cunningly designed to make the most of the stunning views. Excellent local cuisine. A stunning, well priced, rural escape. See More