Search the best hotels in Pyrenees
The Catalan Pyrenees are an exceptionally beautiful region of dramatically rugged mountains and steep, green alpine valleys dropping to smooth lakes. In summer this makes the perfect backdrop for hiking and climbing and in winter the ski regions open their doors. As well as being a playground for sports-folk, the Catalan Pyrenees is also a place with a fascinating cultural heritage. In addition to the traditional chalets and five star ski resorts some of the best places to stay in the Pyrenees are little B&Bs dotted through the smaller hamlets.
The Pyrenees mountains cross over into France and there's a unique blending of cultures here. It is most obvious in the lilt of the language and the flavours of the food. You can also see it in the architecture, especially the Romanesque churches and old monasteries on their precarious perches.
The Vall de Boí is an especially rich area for Romanesque architectural pickings. But as you are travelling through the region you'll find some some fascinating examples in some of the tiniest little communities.
An ideal way to discover this beautiful region is on foot. Take a walking tour and explore gorges and canyons, flower filled meadows and deep forested valleys. For more information and routes check out Walkopedia.
Our pick of the best places to stay in the Pyrenees are perfect bases for those who want to enjoy all the outdoor activities that this stunning region has to offer, or for those who are simply looking for a gastronomic getaway.
The best places to stay in the Pyrenees
- The AC Baqueira Hotel & Spa is a contemporary, five star hotel in the Catalan resort of Baqueira, one of Spain's premier ski regions. Stay here and you'll be right by the slopes and just 50metres from the cable car. You will have access to some lively nightlife, DJs, a cigar bar and a log fire for your chill out window.
- Also in Baqueira, La Pleta is a fairytale chalet with a collection of four restaurants, from gastronomic to more relaxed, a luxurious collection of spa treatments and a range of activities on offer - both for the ski season and for the summer season.
For the great outdoors
- Hotel Almud offers cosy rooms, mountain views and is the perfect base for indulging in numerous outdoor activities from climbing to caving.
- La Casuena is nestled at the foot of the mountains and is ideal for those wanting to experience this region on a budget. Rustic chic interiors, plus excellent restaurant and all from just €80 per night.
- Torre del Remei is of architectural interest as well as being one of the best places to stay in the Pyrenees for foodies. The building is Art Deco - Gaudi style and the food is fabulous with many of the ingredients sourced from the property's own organic garden.
- Hospes Villa Paulita boasts stunning views over Lake Puigcerda, superb spa facilities and a gourmet restaurant.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The Pyrenees (in Spain) are served by seven well connected airports.
- Best time to visit -' The Pyrenees' covers a large area so we recommend you check the local weather reports when booking your holiday however on the whole expect snow from December through to March and the summer months of June - August will be the most temperate.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Pyrenees.
- Widen your search to look at all our recommendations in the Alps.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Pyrenees
Best Hotels in Pyrenees
Hotel Almud Huesca, Pyrenees 10 rooms from £72Active Holiday - Plethora of activities in the mountains from caving, skiing, rock climbing, sailing and kayakingSpa - City of Sallent de Gallego has 'Clean Water Spa' with thermal and freshwater treatmentsSailing - On the reservoir LanuzaViews - Pyrenees MountainsRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A delightful and traditional hotel in a small village. Unique rooms are cosy and elegant with wooden floors, antique furniture, and brightly painted walls. Views of the mountains, intimate bar area. An ideal choice for an active holiday exploring the mountains in the fresh air. See More
Hospes Villa Paulita Puigcerdà, Catalonia 38 rooms from £100Foodies - A fine dining restaurant with an exciting menu.Wellbeing - Somewhwere to relax at the weekends.Active Holiday - Great base for outdoor activities.Spa breaks - Wonderful spa facilities.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
La Casuena Lanuza, Pyrenees 10 rooms from £108Views - Set in the beautiful Valle de Tena.Skiing - In the winter.Value chicSights nearby - Monasteries San Juan de la Peña , Santa Cruz in the serosa , and San Pedro de Siresa, all great samples of Romanesque Aragon .
A charming and rustic hotel nestled at the foot of the Pyrenees, beside a lake, and a few kilometres from the ski resort, Formigal. Large rooms have wooden floorboards and attractive furnishings. Excellent regional cuisine and access to fantastic mountain fresh air and sport. See More
Chalet Bassibe Baqueira (Urbanización Nin de Beret 2) 33 rooms from £108Active Holiday - Siutated a stone's throw from the ski slopes of Val D'aran, this is an ideal base for an active skiing holidayFamilies - With family rooms available that can accommodate children, this hotel is a good option for a family holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the warm and friendly hotel bar, plus the romantic outdoor hot tubGreat walks - There are lots of marked hiking trails close to the hotel; go on a long walk and take in the beautiful mountain scenery
This modern chalet is located in the Baqueira-Beret ski resort in the Spanish Pyrenees. Interiors are warm and inviting, with exposed beams and pitched ceilings; book a family room if you are travelling with children. Soak in the hotel hot tub after a day on the slopes; a charming mountain retreat. See More
El Castell de Ciutat Lleida, Pyrenees 38 rooms from £121Romantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a private terrace and bathtub for added indulgence on your romantic getawaySpa breaks - With a sleek on-site spa that boasts mountain views, this hotel offers a spa break with a differenceCountry Escape - Set against the beautiful backdrop of the Pyrenees, this hotel makes a unique escape to the countryKayaking - Plan a kayaking trip on nearby River Valira during your stay; enquire at the hotel for local providersRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This elegant hotel sits within a 16th-century castle in the Pyrenees. Rooms have classic interiors, featuring plush carpets comfortable beds and homely soft furnishings; book a suite for a terrace with mountain views. Eat at the gourmet restaurant before booking into the sleek spa; a refined hotel. See More
La Pleta Baqueira 63 rooms from £160Other Activities - Heliskiing, mushing (dogs and sledges), snowmobiles, hiking excursions, white water rafting.Resort - A resort for all summer and winter activities in the mountains.Valley location - Aran-Pyrenees Valley.Active HolidayRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Bonansa Country Hotel Pyrenees 8 rooms from £139Active Holiday - Various local hiking trails, cycling routes and ski slopes in the winterTotal relaxation - Make the most out of the on site spa and wellness centreGreat walks - Take in the stunning Pyrenees sceneryRemote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
AC Baqueira Hotel & Spa Baqueira (Catalan Pyrenees) 69 rooms from £195Bar - Suite Bar for night owls, with DJs and cool cocktails, Cigar Bar with log fire for chill out timeSkiing - Situated at the bottom of the slopes, just 50m from the cable car.Restaurant - Italian cuisine is served in the Restaurant Don GiovanniSuites - 31 spacious luxurious suitesRecommended by - Tablet
In the Catalan resort of Baqueira in the Pyrenees (Spain's premier ski resort) is the smart Five Star AC Baqueira Hotel and Spa. Ideally situated at the foot of the slopes and 50m from the cable car. Contemporary, designer hotel. Cool suites and spa & built in night-life with two sophisticated bars See More
Torre del Remei Catalonia 4 rooms from £226Traditional - Built in the Art Nouveau style of the time of Gaudí on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Hotel Val de Neu Baqueira 120 rooms from £286Skiing - World-class ski resort of Baqueira Beret. The hotel's just 50m from the lifts5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool with various pampering and therapeutic jetsViews - Spectacular views across the Ruda Valley
Luxurious hotel just 50m from the ski lift. Large, cosy sitting room for relaxing with a drink and top notch spa & outdoor hot tub for easing weary limbs. Rooms are contemporary in style with plenty of exposed wood for an alpine feel. Various restaurant choices and one especially for kids! See More