- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Arta
Mallorca's northeast corner is a pretty green region of rounded hills and beaches, backed by pine forests. Despite being just back from the coast, Artà is one of the area's prettiest towns, with its romantic, Moorish looking fortress of Santuari de Sant Salvador, its narrow streets lined with cafes and its atmospheric 14th and 15th Century towers and castles - some which have been converted into some of the best places to stay in Artà.
Visiting Artà is like visiting Mallorca of old. You can go right back to the Bronze Age, to the remains of a 3000 year old settlement, or stay in the present: where hermits still live in seclusion in spectacular, wind-whipped manor houses on the coast.
Artà is very popular with German visitors, so if you have any German, or like German food, then that’s even more reason to chose Artà of all Mallorca’s towns.
What not to Miss
- Tuesday is market day in Artà, and it gets quite lively. Ceramic, textiles and palm bags and baskets are the things to buy.
- Just outside town is the Bronze age settlement of Ses Païsses.
- And there’s a small museum with interesting artefacts from the town’s Greek and Roman periods.
- You’re also close to the topographically dramatic Levant Natural Park.
- There’s a golf course nearby, and the option to do some horse riding.
The best places to stay in Artà can be found in the heart of the medieval old town, or in the beautiful countryside surrounding the town, but you do need to book in advance, Artà is pretty busy over the summer season.
For great value in the centre of town
- Can Moragues is a wonderful old Mallorcan manor house in the heart of Artà's historic old town. There are just four rooms and suites and a lovely pool and garden with private patios for breakfast. Great value and family friendly.
- Sant Salvador is also in the medieval heart of town, a seven room hotel with lovely antiques, opulent fabrics and a superb restaurant. Romantic and full of character, and still under £80 per night.
For a rural escape
- Between the beach views and the mountains is the Finca Son Gener, a chic boutique finca with large, creamy suites with private balconies and an excellent spa. You're surrounded by orchards and the restaurant is very good.
- Son Cardaix is a traditional estate turned agrotourism hotel. There are just nine rooms, and a beautiful outdoor terrace with amazing views of the unspoiled northeastern Mallorca scenery. The decor is traditional and features exposed stone and four poster beds. They serve breakfast and local specialities.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Artà is on Mallorca’s north coast, around 60kms from Palma airport. It’s a 40 to 45minute drive on roads which are fairly easy to navigate. But there are always a lot of taxis waiting outside the airport, if you need transport. It’s possible to get to Artà on the bus but you need to go into Palma de Mallorca first.
- Cruise ships arrive at Port de Palma, which is just west of Palma and you’re about eight hours from mainland Spain via ferry, and four hours from Ibiza.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Artà- we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Mallorca’s climate is typically Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. Its central mountains mean there’s some variation across the island - mostly dependant on how much wind you’re getting - but generally speaking you’re getting sunshine and 19°C+ between April and November, and the ‘beach holiday season’ runs between May and October. Autumn is probably best avoided because this is when the island gets most of its rain, and it can be very heavy, though winter is great for a walking holiday or a bit of winter sunshine. The best time to go is probably late spring, but purely because it’s a bit quieter and the blossom is out.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Arta
Can Moragues 4 rooms from £75Arta
A gorgeous Majorcan manor house with a rich heritage in old town Arta. Traditional chic rooms and suites have stone walls, wooden beams, sumptuous beds, and private garden patios for breakfast. Lovely garden, pool and sauna, and bikes available. Excellent value, family friendly, 10km to the beach.Traditional - An old Majorcan manor house.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor poolsSailing - There's a sailing club.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Sant Salvador 7 rooms from £87Arta (Artà)
Exquisite hotel in Medieval town. Unique rooms have opulent fabrics, antique pieces of furniture and artworks, some with balconies. Outdoor pool and large courtyard. Superb Spanish cuisine and charming bar lounge. Full of history and character, with lots of romance.Romantic Break - Elegant, antique filled rooms, walks to deserted beaches accessible only be foot, couples dinnersBirdwatching - Booted eagle, peregrine falcon, Egyptian vulture or red kiteGreat walks - In natural reserve Parc de LlevantSights nearby - Church Transfiguraciò del Senyor
Son Cardaix 9 rooms from £106Arta (Mallorca)
This traditional country estate is an agrotourism property. With an outdoor terrace and pool you can enjoy the unspoilt Mallorcan scenery. Each of the bedrooms are traditionally decorated with exposed stone, four poster beds and white linens. Breakfast and local Spanish cuisine is served.Sailing - Boats trips can be arranged from Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Local markets - Located in Batlessa House in the nearby town of Arta.Sights nearby - Enjoy a sundowner at Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Great walks - Through the Nature Reserve of Levant.
Jardi d'Arta 12 rooms from £125Arta
What appears to be an unassuming townhouse from the street, opens up to be a chic boutique hotel complete with tranquil garden and Moroccan style pool. Rooms mix the old and the new with white-washed walls, beamed ceilings and large contemporary bathrooms. There's a fabulous restaurant too.Local exploring - Ideally located to explore the enchanting town of Arta and the surrounding countryside and beaches.Great walks - Take long walks along scenic trails running through the Parque Natural de Llevant.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
Finca Son Gener 10 rooms from £285Arta (Son Servera)
A chic boutique finca with beach and mountain in its surrounds. Large suites decorated in cool natural tones with oak beams, private balconies, and all the mod cons. Excellent spa, beautiful orchards, and a traditional restaurant. Perfect for an active beach holiday. Family friendly too.Country Escape - Set in beautiful gardens near orchards and olive groves, with distant views of the sea.Kayaking - Explore the secluded seacaves- The Coves d’ArtaSights nearby - Arta is a charming town set in rolling hillsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsRecommended by - I Escape