- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Canyamel
Canyamel is a quiet beach resort with lovely, sandy beaches, an impressive medieval tower and an incredible cave system. Canyamel has yet to become popular with tour companies, so it’s a much quieter resort than its neighbours along the coast. It’s also less developed, so surrounded by olive groves and pine forests. The best places to stay in Canyamel range from fairly basic B&Bs to quite luxurious offerings.
Things not to miss:
- Most people are drawn to Canyamel for it's beaches which range from Blue Flag sand strands to rocky shores.
- Looking out on Menorca, golfers will enjoy playing a round at Canyamel Golf Club.
- The surrounding coastline is full of lovely walking routes.
Canyamel is a very popular spot for sports enthusiasts - despite its small size there are 100 tennis courts here! And four excellent golf courses just out of town. The best places to stay in Canyamel tend to have plenty of sports facilities, even if they only have a few bedrooms.
The best places to stay in Canyamel
For views of the Med
- Can Simoneta is a peaceful clifftop hotel with a romantic terrace restaurant and direct access to the ocean via a flight of steep steps cut directly into the cliffs. There are just 13 rooms, but lots of facilities.
For beach front location
- The Melbeach is a modern, elegant, adults only property right on the beach. Interiors are chic, plus you'll find a chill-out terrace, fine dining restaurant and spa.
- On the hillside overlooking the Med, Park Hyatt Mallorca is a stunning hotel. Luxury abounds at this five star number with plush rooms, an sumptuous restaurant and a series of wonderful swimming pools. Perfect for an indulgent break.
For a private apartment or villa
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The best airport for getting to Canyamel is Palma.
- Visit our car hire partner Rentalcars to get the best online rates.
- The best time to visit Canyamel is either from May to June or September to October. In July and August, the island gets a bit too busy for our liking.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Canyamel
Melbeach Hotel 32 rooms from $251Canyamel (Mallorca)
Just a stones throw from the crystal blue waters of the Mediterranean, this adults only hotel has modern, elegant accommodation with beautiful sea views. Enjoy the hotel's fine dining restaurant and trendy chill out terrace. Plenty of activities nearby as well as a hotel spa and fitness suite.Local markets - Explore the local daily marketsDiving - Can be organised at the hotelSights nearby - Cuevas de ArtaRestrictions on children - No children
Park Hyatt Mallorca 142 rooms from $480Canyamel
A luxury property boasting an enviable hillside location overlooking the azure waters of the Balearic sea. Fabulous rooms feature private balconies, floor to ceiling windows and indulgent bathrooms. Dine on superb regional dishes, unwind in the glorious spa and sample local wines. A spoiling stay.Total relaxation - Boasting a totally tranquil setting, a pool to lounge by, a fabulous spa and plenty of sunshine.Active Holiday - Beyond the property the region provides a myriad of activities to keep all entertained.Room serviceSights nearby - Visit the castle of Capdepera from which one can enjoy spectacular seaviews.
Can Simoneta 13 rooms from $211Canyamel
This hotel offers unique tranquility from its cliff top perch. Carved steps down to the sea, magnificent views of the coastline, dinner on the restaurant terrace under the stars. A romantic destination.Beach nearby - Direct access to the sea over a winding stair directly to the water-basin and private access to the public beach of Canyamel.Outstanding location - A rural setting but minutes from towns and with direct access to the beaches.Views - The hotel restaurant has views over the bay of Canyamel.Watersports - Water skiing, fishing, diving, motorboats, paddle boats.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith