- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Formentera
If you are looking for an out of season beach-break then Formentera is your Balearic Island dream. Relax on uncrowded, unspoilt beaches then stroll the boardwalks protecting the sand dunes. A natural, sandy beauty, there are no high-rise developments on this island and no camping allowed. The majority of the best places to stay on Formentera are small independently owned hotels.
Smallest and most southerly of the Balearic Islands, Formentera is just 30mins ferry ride off the coast of Ibiza but could hardly be more different. There are a few places where the land rises enough for cliffs with the majority of the coastline taken up with magnificent, near-perfect sandy beaches. There are a few bars and restaurants, but certainly no party atmosphere. This island has more of a national park vibe.
What not to miss:
- There's not too much to do so plenty of reason to just relax. If however you are looking for excursions then visit the megalithic sites or walk the old Roman road. Or you could amuse yourself with cycling, snorkelling, sailing or fishing.
This small island might be quiet and peaceful but it is still a popular destination and the best places to stay on Formentera definitely need to be booked well in advance.
For a chic stay
- The Hotel Es Mares is a peaceful haven of tradition. Local colours and textures, plenty of sun and bleached wood and Mediterranean deliciousness. There are 18 rooms - but no kids - and all the modern conveniences you need with no fuss or nonsense.
For a private apartment or villa
- If your looking for something a little more private, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- There is no airport on Formentera so the best option is to fly to Ibiza and then take a 30 minute ferry south to the island.
- A great way to explore Formentera is on bicyle or scooter.
- For beach loungers, the best time to visit Formentera is from June to September when the temperatures sit in the mid to high 20s.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Formentera
Cala Saona Hotel & Spa 98 rooms from £252Cala Saona, Formentera
A luxury hotel set in a scenic spot set back from a quiet beach. Accommodation varies from spacious suites to chic doubles. All have white on white hues, plenty of light and luxurious bathrooms. The location, fabulous spa, glorious pool and superb restaurant are the real selling points.Beach Life - Boasting spectacular sea views and access to a quiet cove.Sailing - Charter a boat and discover the island from the sea.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
Gecko Hotel & Beach Club 30 rooms from £380Formentera
A small luxury hotel located on a beautiful stretch of beach. Accommodation is light and contemporary with minimalist furniture, lots of glass and modern artworks. Yoga classes are held each morning, healthy food served in the restaurant, a chic outdoor bar and fabulous spa. Utterly spoiling.Beach Life - Situated on the island famed for powder white sand beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Blanco 78 rooms from £135Baleares, Formentera
A contemporary hotel on the beautiful island of Formentera. Chic rooms are white on white with plenty of glass and modern minimalist furniture. Featuring a lively bar, large swimming pool and exemplary Mediterranean restaurant. A trendy spot for an island break.Beach Life - A luxury property just a short distance from the famed Formentera beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Es Mares 18 rooms from £150Formentera
The yang to Ibiza's yin, Formentera is a world away from its hedonistic big brother. Designed using colours and materials of a traditional finca, rooms are awash with white and sun bleached wood, yet in a much more modern style. The menu is mediterranean with lots of local fish. A haven of chic!Sailing - Take a boat out to the midst of the turquoise blue waters surrounding Formentera and some of its secluded bays.Sights nearby - The island of Ibiza is just a short boat trip away.Restrictions on children - Children are not permitted at this hotel.Full of character