Search the best hotels in Ibiza
If you want to dance all day and all night in a gorgeous, sunny Mediterranean location then of course Ibiza is for you. But this island is equally perfect for those seeking the Med.'s quiet, rural charms. On this island of great contrasts there is a spectrum of options when it comes to choosing the best places to stay in Ibiza - from club-esque resorts where the party never stops to rural agrotourism and homely fincas, to beachside beauties you won't want (or need) to leave.
At Sant Miquel de Balansat on the island's north coast, you'll find a pretty inland village, plus a charming little port just 4km to the north - poles apart from the clubbing scene in the popular resorts!
Ibiza Town's traditional, white architecture, and the island's richly diverse sea life have seen it raised to World Heritage status, and despite the fervour with which the island has embraced mass tourism, the northern side of the island is still relatively unspoiled.
What To Expect
Until the 60s Ibiza was known for pine trees, figs, almonds and olives. And the more rural regions haven't changed that much. Walking trails meander through forests, opening out onto quiet beaches, the quieter northern roads are great for cyclists, and there are numerous small coves to be discovered and explored by boat. And the crystal clear, Heritage Listed, turquoise waters are a playground for divers and snorkellers. For those looking for a bucolic idyll this is where you'll find the best places to stay in Ibiza.
In Ibiza Town you're hardly ever more than a few steps from a bar or club, but you're also protected by Heritage Listed Phoenician walls, built in the 16th century to keep out Turkish pirates, and surrounded by medieval mansions.
If you're here for the clubs you won't be disappointed. Pacha is still going strong (since 1973!), Privilege is still the world's largest club, with twenty bars and space for ten thousand clubbers, and Space can pack in as many as forty DJs all at once.
If you've come for the sun and sand you'll be just as well rewarded. Cala Lientrisca is a quieter cove and at the other end of the scale is celeb. hang out, Las Salinas at Playa d'en Bossa.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to take a boat out and visit Es Vedra, a small rocky island just a short distance away. Bask in the glorious views at sunset and learn all about the island's myths - from allegedly being home to the sirens that tried to lure Ulysses from his ship in the Odyssey, to apparently being the tip of the lost city of Atlantis.
- Enjoying a hilltop location, the Iglesia San Rafael is a beautiful spot that's well worth a visit. With free admission, good views of the area and a number of restaurants nearby, this is a great place if you want a break from the beach.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins is a fantastic spot for those wanting to learn more about Ibiza's past. This archaeological site and museum sheds light on the island's Roman past, as well as detailing the traditional ancient burial rites and customs.
- Hit the beach. The resort of Talamanca, with its gentle shallow bay, is great for families - or why not try Playa d'en Bossa, (renowned for the nearby clubs), one of the island's longest stretches of sand.
Don't forget that if you want to book a room in one of the best places to stay in Ibiza during July or August, you'll have to be organised and plan well ahead. Alternatively you can come during the quieter months, when most of the party crowd will have disappeared.
- La Torre del Canonigo has been chicly converted from a 14th Century tower on top of the walls of the Roman Acropolis, so it's historic, romantic and in the heart of town.
- The Hotel Ocean Drive overlooks Ibiza's marina. It's retro chic with a fabulous roof top terrace bar, perfect for soaking up the scene.
- At the Mirador de Dalt Vila traditional style is augmented with all the modern comforts you'd expect from a modern five star hotel.
- Es Vive is a smart, all white property overlooking the sea. Offering Art Deco accommodation, a splendid Mediterranean restaurant and a large pool, it's a top choice.
- Vara de Rey boasts charming traditional accommodation in the centre of town. With rooms from just £60, what's not to love?
- Hip, stylish, contemporary - El Hotel Pacha is ideal for upmarket young travellers. Gourmet food is served up, whilst there's also a pool and popular bar.
- Las Mariposas is a charming, relaxed agroturismo with just ten individually designed, rustic-chic rooms and suites and a gorgeous garden and pool for lazy days. There's no restaurant, but they serve a lavish daily breakfast.
- Cas Gasi is a luxury, eco friendly retreat, offering activities for all the family. They have two pools, a private yacht and yoga classes on location, so there's gotta be something for everyone!
- Es Cucons is a relaxed agriturismo perfect for those who want to explore the island on foot. There's a lovely pool and garden, and dinner is served under the almond trees.
- Hacienda Na Xamena is within the nature reserve, and offers a luxurious and beautiful backdrop to your relaxation plan.
- Can Arabi, located just outside Ibiza Town, provides smart and traditional accommodation with some rooms even featuring their own hot tubs. Unwind by the pool and tuck into locally sourced cuisine served up on the terrace.
- Boasting a serene setting, Es Trull offers smart rooms with plenty of wooden influences and natural hues. There's also a pool and hydro-massage bath tubs in which to relax.
- The 8-room Can Domo, originally a farmhouse, provides simple yet chic rooms and a pool set in lovely gardens. Plus, you're right on the edge of a golf course!
- Can Pujolet is an agriturismo with superbly atmospheric accommodation featuring exposed wooden beams and warm hues. Lounge by the pool and enjoy meals made from locally sourced produce (some of which is even grown onsite).
- Ca Na Xica is a luxurious country getaway, boasting spacious rooms featuring their own balconies and lovely views. Enjoy a tipple from the pool bar and tuck into Mediterranean cuisine from the restaurant.
Ibiza's 'party central' image still rings true in the larger resorts, but outside the noisy hubs this is actually a great destination for a family holiday. There's excellent infrastructure, the locals are famed for their hospitality and the pace of life is perfect for little ones. Here's a little taster of the best places to stay in Ibiza for those with children in tow! For a full list, click here.
- Can Talaias is a superb agriturismo (one of the island's first) located just above the village of San Carlos. The property is not beachside, but there are numerous coves and beaches a short drive away.
- Can Planells is a family run agriturismo, where guests are treated like family. Lovely gardens with pool, bikes to hire and riding close by.
- Agro Can Gall is a nine bedroom boutique retreat converted from a 200 year old farmhouse. It's also only ten minutes from the beach and has facilities bigger than its size.
- Les Terrasses somehow works for families or couples. It has two pools, tennis court and is just 10km from Ibiza City if you fancy a spot of nightlife.
- Vinya D'En Palerm is a traditional farmhouse offering rustic chic rooms and a large pool. Borrow bikes and head off as a family exploring the area.
- Set in lush gardens, Can Lluc provides rustic chic accommodation - including a villa which is perfect for families. With a restaurant and a pool, it has all the ingredients for a lovely break.
- Hacienda Na Xamena ticks all three boxes above, so is perfect for relaxing. The seriously stylish accommodation boasts sea views, and infinity pools. And the spa is the icing on the cake!
- For a luxury stay in Ibiza town, you can't go wrong with the Torre del Canonigo. It boasts just eight suites, some of the best views in town and a gorgeous rooftop pool.
- For a rural spa stay, we'd recommend Can Curreu in the north of the islands. It offers a wide range of treatments, plus there's a gourmet restaurant and private boat to charter.
- Can Pardal is an idyllic, intimate, 5-room getaway with charming rooms featuring four posters and plenty of wooden influences. Treat yourself to an in-room massage for ultra relaxation!
- Atzaro is a sumptuous getaway, providing individually decorated and incredibly romantic accommodation in a serene setting. To top it all off, there's also a lovely 6-room Balinese spa and a gourmet restaurant.
For an apartment or villa
- Looking for the flexibility and independence of a holiday villa or aparment? Then check out the wide range with our online partner, Booking.com.
- If you're looking to relax then it's probably best to visit Ibiza in May, when the weather's around the mid-20s and the place isn't yet swarming with tourists and partygoers. Alternatively, September and October still boast wonderful weather and you'll likely find cheaper accommodation than during the peak summer months.
- If you fancy enjoying the nightlife scene then your best bet would be to go from June to August, though be warned that the daily temperature can climb above 30? - not the easiest conditions for nursing a hangover!
- Visitors can fly into Ibiza Airport, located just 4 miles outside Ibiza Town, which is served by both low-cost airlines and national carriers from around Europe
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Ibiza.
- Alternatively check out all our recommendations for the Balearic Islands.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Ibiza
Las Mariposas 10 rooms from £149Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza
A charming rural agroturismo with ten individually designed rooms that ooze rustic charm. Think exposed beams, colour washed walls and tiled floors adorned with quirky objets and period furnishings. Breakfast is a lavish treat and there's a pretty garden and inviting pool to while away the days!Sights nearby - Just 10 minutes by car from Ibiza TownSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolTraditional
Vara de Rey 11 rooms from £61Ibiza Town
Vara de Rey guest house offers traditional and charming accommodation in Ibiza's historic centre. Make the most of the great location to explore the town, or wander down to the beach and take it easy. A friendly and utterly charming stay, without the killer price tag!Beach Life - Vara de Rey is just a 12 minute walk from the nearest beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideShort fly break - With the airport just a 15 minute drive away, this is the ideal place for those enjoying a short trip awayGreat walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and appreciate the beautiful viewsRestrictions on children - Adult only
Es Vive 52 rooms from £96Ibiza
A chic all white hotel on the sea face. Funky Art Deco rooms and suites have private balconies and sea facing views. Restaurant serving excellent Mediterranean cuisine, roof top terrace, and an enormous pool. A lively spot for a beach holiday.Roof terrace - Lively roof terrace bar.Beach LifeLively - Poolside DJs every eveningSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Cas Pla 16 rooms from £114Ibiza
A secluded hotel in northern Ibiza offering plenty of privacy. Large rooms feature cream furniture, dark wood furniture and wooden beams. Huge outdoor pool, terrace, and gardens. Lovely public areas with plenty of spaces to relax. An ideal spot set back from the crowds.Hideaway - North of the island nestled deep in the woods, but only 15 minutes from Ibiza town.Sights nearby - Ibiza Town and Santa Eulària des RiuDiving - Diving Centre SubfariSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Can Domo 8 rooms from £114Santa Eularia, Ibiza
A lovely rustic farmhouse with the bare necessities. Simple chic rooms with traditional elements and lots of white linen. Lovely gardens and pool. Next to a golf course. A no frills choice, purely for relaxation.Golf - Con Domo is on the edge of a golf course.QuietViews - Lovely views over the surrounding unspoilt countryside from its hilltop positionSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Can Pujolet 10 rooms from £114Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza
An idyllic agroturismo with lovely gardens and sea views. Traditional farmhouse decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Excellent walking terrain and a large pool to cool off in after. A restaurant serving meals using produce from the farm and local markets. A charming rural escape.Total relaxation - A charming agroturismo in stunning countryside with lovely pool, complete with bar and access to the nearby beaches.Great walks - Excellent cliff walks starting directly from the property.Local markets - Visit the produce markets of Santa Inés and San Mateo.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Sir Joan 38 rooms from £126Ibiza Town (IBIZA)
The Sir Hotel chain know how to offer style and this hotel is no exception. A dazzling white hotel with cool contemporary rooms all with expansive private terraces to sun oneself from. There's a large pool, hip bar, excellent restaurant and it's perfectly located to access both beach and clubs.Local exploring - A stylish spot ideally placed to access the marina, Ibiza Town and the beaches.Diving - Discover the ocean with the Scuba Ibiza diving centre.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Agro Can Gall 11 rooms from £132San Lorenzo, Ibiza
A 200-year-old farmhouse turned boutique hotel with authentic Ibizan charm, surrounded by mountains. White washed rooms feature exposed brick work and modern bathrooms. A lovely pool and jacuzzi and a beach just ten minutes away. The laid back atmosphere makes this an ideal choice for families.Hideaway - An uber chilled spot with homecooked meals, plush bedding and lush flower filled gardens littered with olive and almond trees.Families - A vibrant, warm and welcoming boutique, perfect for a family holiday, with stunning gardens, large pool and family suites.Local markets - Pick up some holiday presents at the hippy markets at Es Canar (Wednesdays) and Sant Carlos (Saturdays).Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon exploring Eivissa's capital which boasts pretty cobbled streets and a Cathedral.Recommended by - I Escape
Les Terrasses, Ibiza 9 rooms from £132Santa Eularia Des Riu, Ibiza
A characterful slice of French elegance, in the Ibizan countryside. A totally laid-back, super chic Bohemian bolt hole, with good food and fantastic facilities. Light, airy rooms, with lovely baths and huge comfortable beds. There are two pools and a tennis court in the charming gardens. Bliss.Romantic Break - A grown up and intimate french inspired hideaway, with al fresco dining, and candlelit bath tubs large enough for two.Cooking classes - Take a cookery class by Francoise Pialoux and learn to whip up your favourite items from the menu.Great walks - Lovely walks straight from the hotel through the rugged Ibizian countryside.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Vinya d'en Palerm 5 rooms from £135San Miguel de Balanzat, Ibiza
A traditional farmhouse in a tranquil rural setting surrounded by orchards and vineyards. Simple rustic rooms with stone walls and private terraces. Lush greenery, swimming pool, bikes to borrow, and general relaxation. A no frills spot for couples and families.Total relaxationSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Can Talaias 6 rooms from £140San Carlos, Ibiza
One of Ibiza’s first agroturismos and a horticultural heaven. Created by British actor Terry Thomas, this wonderfully tranquil place has large, chic and airy bedrooms, stunning sea views and a relaxing pool. An ideal hideaway for exclusive groups or families.Hideaway - A charming, warm and welcoming boho-chic property in a secluded spot tucked into the hills above the bay of Cala Mastella..Local markets - Hike down the hill on Saturday's for the San Carlos hippy market.Sights nearby - Discover the pretty cobbled streets and cathedral of Eivissa.Great walks - Hike from the hotel throught the stunning countryside.Recommended by - I Escape
Can Pardal 5 rooms from £140Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A peaceful and pretty hideaway hotel of just five rooms. Family run with lovely details including flower filled corners to sit and read a book. The white washed rooms maintain their traditional features including exposed beams and most have terraces and direct pool access. A tranquil retreat.Total relaxation - A chilled out spot within easy reach of lovely beaches and coves, with plush beds and in room massages.Hideaway - A charming property set in the traditional and quaint village of Saint Miquel de Balansat.Sights nearby - Wander around the pretty cobbled streets of Eivissa and admire the cathedral.Great walks - There are plenty of lovely walks in the surrounding valleys.
Can Planells 8 rooms from £140Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A warm and welcoming country agroturismo, where guests become part of the family. Simple and elegant country style decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Tranquil lemon orchards and gardens, a pool and bikes to hire. Great value and perfectly laid-backed for families.Country Escape - A charming agroturismo, with traditional country style rooms and bikes for exploring this quiet and stunning part of the islandGreat walks - Explore the unspoilt countryside of Ibiza with walks starting straight from the hotel door.Sailing - Rent a speed boat and explore this island from the sea.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Atzaro Agroturismo 24 rooms from £140Ibiza
Perhaps Ibiza’s best place to stay. Exquisite agroturismo with stylish pool and gardens, lovely restaurant and spa. Beautifully unique rooms, many with own fireplaces. Perfect for couples and year-round for understated luxury in the Ibizan countryside.Spa breaksLuxurySpaWellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Gatzara Suites 20 rooms from £143Illes Balears, Ibiza
A sophisticated village hotel with a spectacular rooftop pool. The interiors are chic and minimalist with whitewashed walls accented by colourful furnishings and artisanal pieces. Spacious rooms have a muted palette and delicate gauze bed hangings. The top-notch food seals the deal!Romantic Break - Set in a picturesque village known for its laid-back bohemian vibe, this pretty and sophisticated hotel is ideal for couplesSwimming Pool - Year-round outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Views - Great views from hotel
El Hotel Pacha 55 rooms from £160Ibiza Town (Ibiza)
A trendy urban hotel in the heart of Ibiza town area. Large and contemporary rooms with a creative touch- expect sleek white on white design, quirky art, and stylish wooden furnishings. Gourmet food in the restaurant, a pool and a popular bar (with a red carpet) on site. Very hip and happening.City Style - A hip contemporary hotel with bold modern design, a hip bar with live dj sets, cool pool terrace, and private in room hot tubs.Local exploring - A social and cultural hub in the heart of Ibiza Town, within walking distance of the main attractions.Swimming Pool - An outdoor pool for guestsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Can Curreu 17 rooms from £171Santa Eulària del Riu, Ibiza
A stunning finca in Northern Ibiza. A white washed farmhouse renovation set in lush grounds. Chic rooms and suites with all the mod cons, private balconies, and kitchenettes. A fabulous restaurant, extensive spa, pool, and boat to charter. A glorious spot for honeymooners.Riding - Stables on siteSpa breaksLuxuryWellbeingRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Es Cucons 15 rooms from £189Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza
A stunningly renovated relaxed rural property set amidst lush gardens and craggy mountains. The chic and stylish decor showcases the properties old features, with modern touches. Great food served under the shade of almond trees and a garden pool. Cosy, charming and romantic.Honeymoons - Designed for romance- this tranquil and intimate1650s finca boasts a wonderful honeymoon suite, spa treatments and lush gardens.Sights nearby - Make a trip to Eivissa to explore the stunning Old Town with its cobbled streets and hill-top cathedral.Great walks - Lovely trials running through the valley with walks starting straight from the front door.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
La Torre del Canonigo 8 rooms from £202Ibiza Town
14th century tower built atop the walls of the Roman acropolis providing chic city centre accommodation in the heart of Ibiza Town. Eight stylish rooms some with four poster beds and floaty canopies and cool terracotta floors. Go for those with a terrace for the best view in town. Very romantic.Views - Stunning views over Ibiza Town and its harbourSights nearby - Located in the centre of Ibiza's Old Town. Built in the grounds of the city's Roman AcropolisPrivate Hot Tub - Book the suite for your own private jacuzzi on a terrace overlooking the citySwimming Pool - Outdoor rooftop pool
Can Arabi 12 rooms from £211Ibiza
Elegant accommodation at this villa located in a tranquil spot. Rooms with balconies and some with a private hot tub. An outdoor pool and sun terraces. The restaurant serves freshly made, locally sourced dishes. Chic, comfortable and luxurious.Country Escape - Originally a cattle farm, it has been renovated into a country house with gardens and a poolLocal exploring - Ideally located close to the small village of Puig den Valls and Ibiza TownLocal markets - Next door to local supermarkets, bars and restaurantsDiving - Dive at Es Vedra Island. Tours can be organised
Ca Na Xica 20 rooms from £219Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A country house style luxury hotel. Large and comfortable, each room comes with a private balcony or terrace and ample views. Great restaurant serving organic Mediterranean cuisine. An outdoor pool with a bar. Chic, stylish and totally charming.Total relaxation - An on site spa in a beautiful location. Pamper yourselves with a massage from their professional therapistsBack to Nature - Surrounded on all sides by orchards and olive trees and offering wonderful viewsFoodies - Excellent food served at the restaurant focussing on ingredients grown locallyGreat walks - Lovely hikes can be organised in the countryside surrouding the hotel
Can Lluc 125 rooms from £219Sant Rafel, Ibiza
A rustic chic farmhouse surrounded by hills. Rooms, suites, apartments, and one villa cater to families, couples, and groups of friends. Traditional in style with stone walls, wooden beams and four poster beds. Lush gardens, good restaurant, and pool. Charming, and close to the best restaurants.FamiliesRomantic BreakGreat walks - Jogging and hiking trails on the doorstepPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have jacuzzi bath tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
7Pines 123 rooms from £235Ibiza
A luxurious cliff top resort offering polished suites and unadulterated indulgence. Chic accommodation is spacious and private and the best have their own pools. A friendly concierge, fabulous spa and unbeatable location make this a special stay.Hideaway - A private and luxurious resort offering a secluded setting and glorious views over the rock island of Es Vedra.Diving - Discover under the sea on a diving excursion in crystal clear waters.Sailing - Charter a yacht and spend a luxurious day at sea.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pools
Es Trull 10 rooms from £246Ibiza
Set amidst beautiful secluded gardens with a swimming pool, surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees, Es Trull provides classic Ibizan style. Elegant white villas with bedrooms decorated in cool natural tones and some with private terrace areas. A quieter spot just outside Ibiza town.Local exploring - Cool Ibizan villas in large grounds overlooking the town and surrounded by peaceful olive grovesGreat walks - Walk among the surrounding orchards and olive grovesPrivate Hot Tub - Hydro-Massage bath tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Cas Gasi 10 rooms from £272Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza
A small luxury boutique hotel hidden away in beautiful countryside in the middle of the island. White washed rooms feature rustic-chic furniture. Stunning cuisine is served up in the restaurant using organic produce from the hotel plot. A glorious spa. A haven to unwind in.Total relaxation - A luxury country hotel with a well equipped spa and lovely outdoor yoga area.Sailing - Take a personal trip on a sailing or motor boat to Formentera or around the island.Great walks - Wander to the local village of Sant Rafel and marvel at the beautiful church.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Mirador De Dalt Vila 15 rooms from £289Ibiza Town
A fusion of old and new at this tranquil luxury hotel in the UNESCO Heritage walled part of the Old Town. A mix of classic and modern decor. Fine views, excellent and innovative Mediterranean cuisine. A well situated and romantic option.Romantic Break - Nestled in the picteresque Unesco-protected hillside of Ibiza Town the property exudes charm and old-styled romance.Sights nearby - Explore Ibiza Old Town including The fortification bastions, the former Dominican convent and the Bishop’s palace.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena 77 rooms from £295San Miguel, Ibiza
Luxury, seclusion and relaxation at this special hotel sited within a nature reserve. Minimalist white on white interiors with large glass windows and spectacular cliff top views. Infinity pools, fine dining and a sumptuous spa. The ideal hideaway to completely unwind in.Hideaway - A boutique hotel with stunning sea views and just far enough from the Ibizian action for those looking for a tranquil escape.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with relaxed friendly staff, a glorious indoor and outdoor spa, several pools and fantastic restaurant.Kayaking - Rent a sea kayak and head off to explore the coves and caves that make up this rugged coastline.Sailing - Let the hotel help you hire a boat for a day at sea.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Ocean Drive 40 rooms from £316Ibiza Town
Retro Ibiza-chic hotel overlooking the Marina in a lively location. Contemporary designs - rich leathers, white washed walls, and all the mod cons. The roof top terrace bar is a highlight as it overlooks the Marina and the hills of Ibiza.Close to nightlifeBeach LifeViews - Views of the Marina.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection