Search the best hotels in Fuerteventura
A little bit closer to Africa than its neighbour, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura’s towns are colourful, its volcano ridged landscape striking and it gets plenty of sunshine. The best places to stay in Fuerteventura can mostly be found in Corralejo or Morro Jable, which are the island’s two main resorts.
Most people are just interested in its beaches, arguably some of the biggest and best in the Canary Islands. Fuerteventura’s beaches aren’t just lauded by sun and sand lovers though, these are blustery wonderlands much loved by windsurfers, kitesurfers and anyone who likes their waters wind-whipped.
If your idea of the best location on Fuerteventura is more remote, then this UNESCO biosphere reserve won’t disappoint - some of it is very developed and some is untouched.
As well as the numerous beaches and stunning landscape, Fuerteventura offers plenty of cultural entertainment. There’s several beautifully restored local buildings, some of which house museums or art galleries, and some wonderfully ancient churches.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to visit the stunning Parque Natural de las Dunes de Corralejo. This 11km long area of sand dunes is truly desert-like, whilst down by the coast there's a beautiful beach to spend the day at.
- The Centro de Artesania Molino de Antigua has a historic picturesque windmill as well as a little museum that's great if you want to learn a bit more about the island.
- Check out the quirky Centro de Arte Canario which houses a variety of fascinating artworks including some outdoor sculpture. What's more, it boasts lovely views and a café.
- Oasis Park Fuerteventura is a beautiful nature reserve located in the south of the island. Home to over 3000 animals and with a splendid botanic garden, you'll love spending a day wandering around this idyllic spot.
Don't forget that the Canary Islands are busy with sun seekers year round, so if you want to bag a bed in one of the best places to stay in Fuerteventura, you'll have to be organised and book early.
For An Active Holiday
- Mahoh, a 19th century traditionally Canarian house, offers accommodation with antique beds and exposed brick walls at excellent value. Set amidst the mountains, it's surrounded by a number of wonderful walking trails and also boasts its own tennis court.
- Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort is located right on Caleta da Fuste Beach and offers chic accommodation with several restaurants and three swimming pools. What's more, there's mini golf and courts for football, tennis and basketball - whilst at the marina you can partake in a variety of watersports.
- Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel offers luxurious suites and is stricly adults only. Boasting a championship golf course, squash and tennis courts, a gym and bike rental, this is the ideal spot for an active break.
Best Of Corralejo
- The Avanti Boutique Hotel in Corralejo is an urban chic hotel with light, modern white washed walls and beautiful private sun decks overlooking the Atlantic. There are just 15 rooms, a restaurant, bar and a hot tub. Strictly adults only, but tranquil and intimate with it.
- The Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real enjoys a fantastic beachfront location in Corralejo. This 5* property provides lovely accommodation, wonderful ocean views, six restaurants and a spa. You'll come back feeling utterly rejuvenated!
- Katis Villas Boutique, situated in Corralejo, features light and spacious accommodation as well as in room massages, private pools, and charming terraces with lovely gardens. The ideal romantic getaway.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then check out the wide variety on offer with our online partner, booking.com.
- Fuerteventura boasts lovely weather all year round, so there's really never a bad time to go! It's hottest though during the summer months, with the average temperature around 26°C in July and August. This will however be the busiest time of year to go, so if you want to avoid too many other tourists then opt for one of the quieter months in Spring or Autumn.
- You can fly into Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) which is served by all major airlines and situated 3 miles southwest of the capital, Puerto del Rosario.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Fuerteventura
Mahoh 9 rooms from £68Villaverde, Fuerteventura
Mahoh is a traditional 19th century Canarian house, awash with heritage and charm. The rooms are dominated by great antique beds and are given added character from their exposed stone walls. Sample typical Canarian food at the hotel's restaurant. A delighful, low-cost option.Country Escape - Tucked away in the countryside, away from all the mega seaside resorts, with stunning views of the mountains.Great walks - This rugged landscape offers great walking, especially the nearby Malpais de la Arena.Sights nearby - Visit the charming fishing town of El Cotillo, six miles from the hotel.Full of character
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort 382 rooms from £102Caleta De Fuste, Fuerteventura
An excellent seaside resort on the east coast of Fuerteventura. Brimming with facilities, the hotel has plush rooms, several restaurants, three swimming pools and an onsite theatre. Packed with activities and large suites, it's perfect for a family holiday to Fuerteventura.Families - Packed with sports facilities, as well as a kids club and large family rooms it's a perfect getaway for all the family.Beach Life - Just two minutes walk from the beach, with access to a whole load of watersports facilities.Fishing - Fishing trips can be organised by the hotel and are a great way to explore the coast.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Avanti Boutique Hotel 15 rooms from £145Corralejo, Fuerteventura
Urban chic hotel in the idyllic coastal town of Corralejo. Rooms are light and modern, with white washed walls, fresh cotton linen and glorious private sun decks looking out to the Atlantic. With a restaurant, bar, hot tub. Only suitable for adults aged 16 or over. Great central town location.Restrictions on children - Strictly adults onlyViews - To Atlantic OceanHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel 61 rooms from £149Antigua, Fuerteventura
A luxurious five-star hotel and golf course on the beautiful Fuerteventura. All style and class with plush rooms, an excellent restaurant, a hip cocktail bar and lagoon pools. Perfect for a golfing holiday or simply an excuse to indulge yourself in a relaxing break.Active Holiday - With a championship golf course on site, as well as squash and tennis courts, bowling, bike rental and a gym!Restrictions on children - Adult only.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Katis Villas Boutique 20 rooms from £154Corralejo, Fuerteventura
These villas provide delightful accommodation on the island of Fuerteventura, evoking a fusion of Greek and Canarian architectural styles. Everything is crisp and clear with comfortable rooms, spacious living areas and deluxe private pools. Ideal for a luxurious family or group holiday.Romantic Break - The Bali Villa is perfect for a intimate, romantic break with in room massages, private pools, charming terraces and gardens.Surfing - The local beaches are great spots for surfing with waves that will suit both beginners and seasoned pros.Local markets - Explore the local market of Corralejo and pick up some regional delights.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real 242 rooms from £283Corralejo, Fuerteventura
A stellar five-star resort right on the beach in Corralejo. All the creature comforts of a top hotel including luxurious suites, six restaurants, a 3000 metres squared spa and a vibrant cocktail bar. Relax on the beach or go out to sea dolphin spotting. A sublime seaside spot.Total relaxation - The ultimate chilled out sun holiday, sitting right on the beach with deluxe suites, an extensive spa and impeccable service.Foodies - Foodie heaven with six restaurants to choose from, including the award-winning La Cúpula de Carles Gaig.Beach Life - Direct access to a beautiful golden sandy beachFishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel.