- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Ibiza Town
About Ibiza Town
Until the 60s Ibiza was known for pine trees, figs, almonds and olives. Whilst the more rural regions haven't changed that much, these days in Ibiza Town you're hardly ever more than a few steps from a bar or club, which is what the island is now best known for. With the clubs, bars and restaurants have come the stylish or boutique hotels, and the best places to stay in Ibiza Town include several really interesting properties.
In Ibiza Town itself you're also protected by Heritage Listed Phoenician walls, built in the 16th Century to keep out Turkish pirates, and surrounded by traditional, white architecture and medieval mansions, which has earned the town World Heritage Status (along with the island's extremely diverse sea life).
If you're here for the clubs you won't be disappointed. Pacha is still going strong (since 1973!), Privilege is still the world's largest club, with twenty bars and space for ten thousand clubbers, and Space can pack in as many as forty DJs all at once. If you're here for the sun, sea and sand you'll be just as readily rewarded, but there are also plenty of interesting local sights.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to take a boat out and visit Es Vedra, a small rocky island just a short distance away. Bask in the glorious views at sunset and learn all about the island's myths - from allegedly being home to the sirens that tried to lure Ulysses from his ship in the Odyssey, to apparently being the tip of the lost city of Atlantis.
- Enjoying a hilltop location, the Iglesia San Rafael is a beautiful spot that's well worth a visit. With free admission, good views of the area and a number of restaurants nearby, this is a great place if you want a break from the beach.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins is a fantastic spot for those wanting to learn more about Ibiza's past. This archaeological site and museum sheds light on the island's Roman past, as well as detailing the traditional ancient burial rites and customs.
- Hit the beach. You can be at the resort of Talamanca in just 20 mins on foot where you'll find a gentle shallow bay that's great for families. Or why not try Playa d'en Bossa, (renowned for the nearby clubs), one of the island's longest stretches of sand and just 2km from the town.
Don't forget that the best places to stay in Ibiza Town will be absolutely heaving during the busy summer months. So if you want to guarantee yourself a room, get organised and book early.
The best places to stay in Ibiza Town
For great value
- Es Vive is a chic, all white hotel right on the sea front with 52 funky, Art Deco-esque rooms, a rooftop terrace, huge pool and excellent Mediterranean restaurant.
- Vara de Rey offers characterful traditional accommodation in the heart of the city! Head off exploring or meander down to the beach for the day. With rooms from just £63, this a splendid value spot.
- La Torre del Canonigo has been chicly converted from a 14th Century tower on top of the walls of the Roman Acropolis, so it's historic, romantic and in the heart of town.
- The Hotel Ocean Drive overlooks Ibiza's marina. It's retro chic with a fabulous roof top terrace bar, perfect for soaking up the scene.
- At the Mirador de Dalt Vila traditional style is augmented with all the modern comforts you'd expect from a modern five star hotel. Situated in the walled part of Old Town, expect superb meals and wonderful views.
- El Hotel Pacha is a trendy urban hotel located in the centre of town. Boasting large, contemporary rooms with quirky pieces of artwork on the walls, the restaurant also serves up terrific food and there's an outdoor pool. A hip stay.
- Es Trull, set amidst secluded gardens just outside town, boasts elegant white villas furnished in a typically Ibizan style. A lovely stay in a top spot.
For a holiday villa or apartment
- Think you'd rather book an apartment or holiday villa? Visit our online partner booking.com, where you'll find a wide range of properties to suit all tastes and budgets.
- If you're looking to relax then it's probably best to visit Ibiza Town in May, when the weather's around the mid-20s and the place isn't yet swarming with tourists and partygoers. Alternatively, September and October still boast wonderful weather and you'll likely find cheaper accommodation than during the peak summer months.
- If you fancy enjoying the nightlife scene then your best bet would be to go from June to August, though be warned that the daily temperature can climb above 30℃ - not the easiest conditions for nursing a hangover!
- Visitors can fly into Ibiza Airport, located just 4 miles outside Ibiza Town, which is served by both low-cost airlines and national carriers from around Europe
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Ibiza Town
La Torre del Canonigo 8 rooms from $263Ibiza Town
14th century tower built atop the walls of the Roman acropolis providing chic city centre accommodation in the heart of Ibiza Town. Eight stylish rooms feature four poster beds with floaty canopies and cool terracotta floors. Some have terraces with the best view in town. Very romantic.Views - Stunning views over Ibiza Town and its harbourSights nearby - Located in the centre of Ibiza's Old Town. Built in the grounds of the city's Roman AcropolisPrivate Hot Tub - Book the suite for your own private jacuzzi on a terrace overlooking the citySwimming Pool - Outdoor rooftop pool
Hotel Ocean Drive 40 rooms from $411Ibiza Town
Retro Ibiza-chic hotel overlooking the Marina in a lively location. Contemporary designs - rich leathers, white washed walls, and all the mod cons. The roof top terrace bar is a highlight as it overlooks the Marina and the hills of Ibiza.Close to nightlifeBeach LifeViews - Views of the Marina.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Mirador De Dalt Vila 15 rooms from $377Ibiza Town
A fusion of old and new at this tranquil luxury hotel in the UNESCO Heritage walled part of the Old Town. A mix of classic and modern decor. Fine views, excellent and innovative Mediterranean cuisine. A well situated and romantic option.Romantic Break - Nestled in the picteresque Unesco-protected hillside of Ibiza Town the property exudes charm and old-styled romance.Sights nearby - Explore Ibiza Old Town including The fortification bastions, the former Dominican convent and the Bishop’s palace.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Es Vive 52 rooms from $126Ibiza
A chic all white hotel on the sea face. Funky Art Deco rooms and suites have private balconies and sea facing views. Restaurant serving excellent Mediterranean cuisine, roof top terrace, and an enormous pool. A lively spot for a beach holiday.Roof terrace - Lively roof terrace bar.Beach LifeLively - Poolside DJs every eveningSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Vara de Rey 11 rooms from $79Ibiza Town
Vara de Rey guest house offers traditional and charming accommodation in Ibiza's historic centre. Make the most of the great location to explore the town, or wander down to the beach and take it easy. A friendly and utterly charming stay, without the killer price tag!Beach Life - Vara de Rey is just a 12 minute walk from the nearest beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideShort fly break - With the airport just a 15 minute drive away, this is the ideal place for those enjoying a short trip awayGreat walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and appreciate the beautiful viewsRestrictions on children - Adult only
El Hotel Pacha 55 rooms from $209Ibiza Town (Ibiza)
A trendy urban hotel in the heart of Ibiza town area. Large and contemporary rooms with a creative touch- expect sleek white on white design, quirky art, and stylish wooden furnishings. Gourmet food in the restaurant, a pool and a popular bar (with a red carpet) on site. Very hip and happening.City Style - A hip contemporary hotel with bold modern design, a hip bar with live dj sets, cool pool terrace, and private in room hot tubs.Local exploring - A social and cultural hub in the heart of Ibiza Town, within walking distance of the main attractions.Swimming Pool - An outdoor pool for guestsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.