Search the best hotels in Madrid
A vibrant, cosmopolitan capital, Madrid's old-world charm and hospitality blend beautifully with the open-all-hours nightlife. Madrileños have always stayed up late eating and making merry, so this city really knows how to get the most out of life, and we think our recommendations for the best places to stay in Madrid will help you to get the most out of Madrid. Whether you want to stay slap bang in the middle of things, or somewhere quieter and more traditionally Madrileños, we’ve got a hotel pick for you.
Madrid's compact centre has hundreds of accommodation possibilities - from five-star magnificence to simple, clean guesthouses called hostales or pensiones, tucked away on narrow streets lined with balconies and anonymous laundry. And many are just an olive-stone's throw away from the highlights: the Prado, the Reina Sofia, the Thyssen, the Gran Via and the leafy escapism of the Retiro. Allowing you to really live Madrid's open-all-hours lifestyle to the fullest.
Some of our Madrid Collections:
- The Best Hotels on the Gran Vía
- 6 of the Best Hotels on the Paseo del Prado
- The Best Places to Stay around Madrid de Los Austrias
- Some of the Best Hotels in Salamanca
- The Best Hotels in Chueca and Salesas
- 4 of the Best Hotels in the Barrio de las Letras
- Madrid Hotels with Pools
- Best Spa Hotels in Madrid
- Best Boutique Hotels in Madrid
- Luxury Hotels in Madrid
- Madrid Hotels with Balconies
Food and art are among Madrid's great passions. For centuries local artists were supported by Madrid's elite and the reward is three of the world's best art galleries, housing both local and international art superstars. The food comes later in the day, and nowhere is proof of Madrid's ability to embrace the new, while treasuring the traditional, more obvious. Architecture is another passion, and Madrid is home to many grand and graceful buildings, some of which have now been converted into some of the best places to stay in Madrid.
Don’t forget that this city is a bustling year round destination. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Madrid, get organised and book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
The Best Places to Stay in Madrid
On the Gran Via
- Right on the Gran Via, the Iberostar Las Letras Gran Via is rather charming and ornate on the outside, but chic and contemporary inside, with 109 rooms and suites that blend original features like parquet flooring and huge doors and windows, with contemporary wall colours and white fabrics. Our favourite rooms are in the corner tower. The restaurant is Mediterranean-Asian, and there’s an incredible roof terrace overlooking the Gran Via and Madrid.
- The Principal is a majestic hotel set on the very top floors of a grand 1920s built charmer, complete with wrought iron balconies, tall windows and a roof terrace that looks like a wedding cake. There are 76 contemporary styled rooms and suites, all of them decorated in monochrome shades, with incredible city views and indulgent bathrooms. There’s also a fabulous terrace cocktail bar and an elegant restaurant.
In Paseo del Prado
- At the midpoint of the Paseo del Prado, the Ritz Madrid is a central, luxurious place to stay. As well as having once been a palace, this legendary grand hotel in its current incarnation oozes classical elegance: think antique furniture, embroidered sheets and marble bathrooms, plus superb service. It was completed in 1910 as a result of the lack of accommodation in Madrid for Alfonso XIII's wedding guests, and the message remains the same, if you’re a guest of royalty, or you just want the very best, this is the place to stay. The restaurant spills out onto a polished marble terrace with sweeping steps down to a pretty garden of shady trees, and for locals this is just the place to be seen.
In Madrid de Los Austrias and the Plaza Santa Ana
- The ME Madrid Reina Victoria is grand and timeless on the outside, with row upon row of elegant bay windows and another wedding cake-esque roof terrace, ornate and white. But it’s simple, almost minimalist, on the inside, which is a pleasing combination for many of us. There are 192 rooms and suites, plus a rooftop bar and a fantastic restaurant, which opens out onto the square in front of the hotel. In general, we’d say it’s indulgent without being too fussy.
- Less impressive on the outside than some of our other Madrid recommendations, we really like Totem for its simple elegance. And for a change the inside and the outside are a good match, with elegant lines and lots of white creating a chic effect. We also appreciate the size (it’s got 64 rooms and suites), and location, and the lively cocktail bar and restaurant, which are perfect as a precursor for an evening out or in.
- The recently renovated Rosewood Villa Magna is a Madrid icon. Its 154 rooms and suites are done to perfection with a feel of understated elegance and just enough indulgence (think stunning marble bathrooms) to make you feel really spoilt. Plus there's a range of dining options including the gastronomic Amos Restaurant which is overseen by legendary 3 Michelin star chef Jesus Sanchez.
In Chueca and Salesas
- The Only You Boutique Hotel is a rather beautifully done boutique hotel in a very beautiful 19th century palace. The location is perfect for this part of town, and for Madrid generally, and its 125 rooms and suites are decorated with the hotel's historic architecture in mind, but also with a great eye for which features are the best. Expect white linens with navy borders that match many of the rooms' accents, exposed beams and large windows. There’s a really great selection of room sizes too. The restaurant is superb, and the bar chic and friendly.
In Barrio de las Letras
- The Hotel Villa Real is just steps away from Madrid's museum golden triangle, overlooking the museums, in fact, so it's the ideal base for exploring the city on foot. The facade is traditional, as is the decor: think rich leathers and Roman mosaics, but the comforts are contemporary. Its 96 rooms and suites are well priced too.
For a city break
- Sleek, yet colourful, the Vincci SoMa is a relatively large hotel for Madrid, with 177 comfortable rooms and suites decorated in whites, reds and yellows, with plenty of wood. You’re located just of the Calle Goya, which is a bustling shopping street, in the centre of town, and the incredible roof terrace has great views over Madrid, as do some of the rooms and suites on the upper floors. The library has a gas fire and comfy sofas but the star is the restaurant, serving superb Mediterranean cuisine with colourful retro crockery.
- Vincci SoHo is another large, relatively modern hotel in a great, central location. The facade has a pleasing, traditional look, being a fusion of a row of five historic buildings, and the new interior renovation is spacious, both in the 169 rooms and suites, and in the public spaces. The restaurant is chic, there’s a terrace bar, and you’re close to everything.
- A renovated, 19th century palace, the Hotel Único Madrid is stately and impressive, with pillared balconies, huge French windows and a peaceful inner courtyard — basically your charming, aristocratic residence from home. It’s also got a fantastic restaurant with two Michelin stars.
- Bless Madrid offers an excellent mix of contemporary design and classic style, with beautiful tiled and parquet floors, simply elegant contemporary fireplaces and plastered ceilings, well chosen fabrics and great modern and contemporary art. The hotel has a gorgeous bowling alley, a green-tiled pool on the rooftop terrace and a gorgeous lobby bar. And a fine dining restaurant run by a ten Michelin starred chef.
Madrid's Hippest Hotels
- Compiling this list we’ve noticed that several of our favourite hotels in Madrid have a real 1960s vibe when it comes to the interiors, and Room Mate Oscar is firmly on that list with its curvaceous furniture and a white colour scheme with pops of orange, lime and candy floss pink. On the outside it’s a dark 1970s style block on a busy central square in lively Chueca, a great spot for shopping and nightlife. The restaurant is simplicity itself, and the roof terrace has incredible skyline views and a cocktail bar with an eclectic playlist.
- The Hotel Urban has a slick, more masculine air, with angular, more Art Deco feeling interiors in dark woods and neutrals, with plenty of chrome. There’s a lively cocktail bar, which is all monochrome and marble, and the restaurant is nothing short of sumptuous. We also really love this hotel for its roof top plunge pool. There are a neat 100 rooms and suites.
For a luxury stay
- A former Duke’s palace, how could the AC Santo Mauro be anything less than luxurious? The architecture, which dates from 1894, is very French, with a wonderful glass entrance, and elegant French windows. And some of the public spaces and lounges have a French feel too, with a level of grand sophistication reminiscent of Belle Epoque Paris. Upstairs the 51 rooms and suites are very spacious, with beds like football pitches, and contemporary compared to the rest of the hotel. There’s a pool and fitness centre in the basement, and of course the restaurant is excellent.
- With lovely views over the Parque del Retiro, Hospes Madrid is a Bourbon Restoration red-brick building, cleverly positioned on the edge of Salamanca. The 31 stately rooms are done in elegant whites and greys, and we love the duplex suites with beams in the attic. The Bodyna spa has a Turkish bath and a small indoor pool, and the Senzone restaurant has excellent dishes and a sommelier to match. Plus they'll lend you a bike for free so you can tour the city with ease.
Madrid’s Romantic Retreats
- Madrid has some really spectacular buildings, and the one occupied by AC Palacio del Retiro is one of them: a stunning palatial building built in 1908 in a rather ornamental style, even for Madrid, and big enough so that the original owners could exercise their horses on the roof! The interiors have a Belle Epoque feel, with an impressive entrance and beautiful stone staircases and floors. The 50 rooms and suites are large, and light, and decorated in pale colours, there’s a spa in the basement, and a modern Mediterranean restaurant. The staff to guest ratio is high, and you’ll feel really well looked after.
For great value
- Understated, contemporary and excellent value, the Hotel Mayerling is a townhouse conversion in a convenient spot close to the Plaza Mayor, which is within 15 minute's stroll of many of Madrid’s headline attractions. The rooms are white on white, with touches of black and green, and there are just 22 of them. There’s no breakfast or bar, but there is a ‘Helpyourself’ area where you can get breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Welcoming and chic.
Prefer an Apartment or Guesthouse?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Madrid’s airport is called Adolfo Suarez Madrid Bajaras Airport, which is a bit of a mouthful! it’s only about seven miles outside of the centre of town, and there’s a fixed taxi fare to take you anywhere in the city. You can also take the metro, which is fairly convenient, but you do need to change lines, which is worth thinking about if you have a lot of luggage. Alternatively you can arrive by train, usually via Barcelona and Paris, depending on where you’re coming from.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Madrid, lit any city break offering fantastic cultural treasures, is an all year round destination. As far as the weather is concerned the locals talk about it as being ‘sol o sombra’, sun or shadow, meaning that though there are four seasons, milder autumn and spring are short. Summer is hot and dry, it’s one of the hottest cities in Europe, but also one of the least humid, which means the evenings can be cool. Summer is the busiest time for visitors, and many Madrileños head off to the beach or the mountains for the whole of August. Winter is crisp and cold, sunny, but it can also be snowy. All things considered autumn is probably our favourite time to visit, there are a lot of cultural events on, and the days are still warm but most of the visitors have left.
Still not sure which to book?
- You could refine your search to just the best hotels in Salamanca, the best hotels on the Gran Vía orthe best hotels in Malasaña.
- You might extend your search for the best places to stay in the Madrid Region, which includes the best places to stay in Guadalajara, a commuter town just north of Madrid.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Madrid
Best Hotels in Madrid
The Hat Madrid (Centro) 42 rooms from £49Local exploring - Situated in the historic centre of Madrid, this hostel is the perfect base for local sightseeingCity Style - With contemporary interiors and a central location, this hotel has lots of local city styleGroups - This hostel is great for groups, with larger dorms that can accommodate up to eight peopleLocal markets - Shop like a local with a trip to Mercado San Miguel, a gourmet covered food market
This stylish boutique hostel is located in the historic centre of Madrid. Choose from a range of bright and airy rooms with comfortable beds in pine bedframes and unique artwork; family-rooms are on offer too. Unwind with a cocktail at the chic rooftop bar; a smart, central hostel. See More
Posada del Dragon Madrid (Cava Baja, 14) 27 rooms from £65Value chic - Excellent value, for a sleek and modern hotel in a superb location, right in the historic city centre.Local exploring - In a great location in the heart of the city with easy access to tourist spots and metro stations.Local markets - Moments away from Plaza Mayor with numerous restaurants and shops. Dont miss San Miguel's Market.Sights nearby - Puerta del Sol is a must see for all visitors to the city.
A chic hotel, in the trendy La Latina district of Madrid. Cool contemporary rooms, situated around an inner courtyard, blend modern décor with traditional architecture. A worthy breakfast and a popular restaurant on site, with several restaurants, tapas bars, shops and museums out the front door. See More
One Shot Prado 23 Madrid 42 rooms from £78City Style - Rooms are equipped with all modern amenities like a a TV, safe, minibar and a dressing areaValue chic - Its comfortable and not so pricey. Good value for moneyLocal exploring - Superb location, right in the heart of the cityLocal markets - Close by local markets and shops as well
Right in the middle of Madrid, in a building with Spanish architecture, there are modern rooms with sleek and functional design. Some rooms come with a balcony or terrace. Ideal for young couples, business or leisure travellers. Chic, affordable and comfortable. See More
Hotel Meninas Madrid 37 rooms from £87Sights nearby - Set at the foot of the Palacio Real.Views - From the top floor gym and sauna.Concierge - 24 hour, and personal guide.FamilyRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
This hotel is set in Madrid's epicentre, at the foot of the Palacio Real. It effortlessly manages to provide facilities that enhance the wellbeing of romantics, business visitors, and families alike. Personal shoppers, city guides, authentic massages, celestial views, top notch business facilities. See More
Artiem Madrid Madrid 83 rooms from £89Eco break - An eco hotel with a focus on mindfulness and fitness, with a top-class gym and rooms featuring basic exercise necessitiesWellbeingLocal markets - Go to the Mercado de Antón Martín and rummage among the traditonal and modern stallsGreat walks - Head to the popular El Retiro park for a relaxing day in the sun
A smart eco hotel with attractive contemporary design. An open-plan lounge and dining area is a focal point, with long tables for dining and working, and calming natural hues. Unfussy rooms are designed with Scandi-chic style, think minimalist furniture and plenty of pale wood. Well-priced too. See More
Hotel Mayerling Madrid 22 rooms from £90Value chicSights nearby - Minutes from the Plaza MayorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Understatedly modern and excellent value. A townhouse come contemporary hotel with large light filled rooms and a relaxed help yourself breakfast area. The perfect spot for a no fuss weekend in Madrid, 15 minutes from all the attractions. See More
Room Mate Mario Madrid 54 rooms from £91Retro/Vintage - Pop-art style.City StyleCityContemporaryRecommended by - I Escape
A modern and quirky hotel with cutting-edge designs in downtown Madrid. Bold colours bounce off white-washed walls with illusionist effect. Minutes from the opera house and the Royal Palace. A young and hip destination. See More
Vincci SoMa Madrid 177 rooms from £95City Style - A trendy hotel in central Madrid with sleek modern design, colourful suites with contemporary art and vibrant lobby bar.Great walks - In striking distance of the beautiful Retiro Park, an ideal spot for a breath of fresh air after a long days sightseeing.Sights nearby - Near to the bustling square of Puerta del Sol, a meeting point of throngs of people.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Frommers
Modern elegance and restful comfort in this large hotel. Fresh modern rooms in whites and reds boast spectacular teak wood terraces with impressive views over Madrid. Enjoy breakfast in the colourful restaurant before heading out sightseeing. Vibrant. See More
Minas Central Suites Madrid 20 rooms from £100Local exploring - You can walk to almost all of Madrid's main attractions from these apartments in under 20 minutes, perfect for local exploringFamilies - With plenty of living space and full self-catering facilities, these apartments are perfect for travelling with childrenCity Style - Located in central Madrid, in a neighbourhood set away from the busy, touristy area, this is a great city baseSights nearby - Visit Madrid's sights during your stay, all a short walk from the apartment. Don't miss Plaza Mayor and the Royal Palace
These bright, stylish apartments are located in a listed building in central Madrid, in the lively neighbourhood Malasaña. Fully equipped for self-catering, with modern kitchens and ample living and dining space, they are a great option for families or groups. Perfect for a relaxed city break. See More
Room Mate Laura Madrid (3) 36 rooms from £102City Style - A young and fun hotel oozing style from the bright pop-art interiors by Tomás Alía, in a trendy and central area of Madrid.Cooking classes - Visit Platea Madrid, a food hall with amazing restaurants, live music and cooking workshops.Local markets - Head out the front door and explore the local markets of Madrid.Sights nearby - Two minutes walk from the Monasterio de las Descalzas Reales.Recommended by - I Escape, Great Small Hotels
A super stylish, centrally located hotel in Madrid. Its modern, spacious rooms are decorated with royal themed pop art and well fitted bathrooms. Right in the heart of the city, it's perfect for accessing Madrid's famous sights, with the Palacio Real de Madrid just around the corner. See More
Hotel Opera Madrid 79 rooms from £102Downtown - Prime location in the centre of Madrid.Private dining room - Six function rooms for private events.City StyleCityRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
This hotel is not just a very convenient spot from which to explore Madrid or, indeed, the opera house. Its contemporary interiors and stunning views provide an oasis of comfort and relaxation after a hard day sightseeing or after a night dancing nearby. See More
Posada del Leon de Oro Madrid 17 rooms from £103City StyleSights nearby - In the heart of the city close to the Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and the Art TrianglePrivate Hot Tub - Jacuzzi bath tubs in the Buhurdilla roomsRestaurant - Traditional yet modern Spanish cuisine
A stunning townhouse renovated in contemporary style. Elegant modern rooms and family suites have stand alone bath tubs, sophisticated furnishings and all the mod cons. An excellent traditional restaurant. Stylish and family friendly. See More
Hotel Regina Madrid (Centro) 180 rooms from £108Local exploring - Located next to Puerta del Sol, you can't get more central than this hotel. It's a perfect base for exploring the city's sightsRomantic Break - The plush rooms, excellent service and delicious hotel restaurant score highly with couplesCity Style - With three stars, this renovated 1920s hotel has bags of madrileña styleSights nearby - Explore the historic sights of the old part of Madrid, all on the doorstep of this hotel
A grand, luxury hotel in the heart of Madrid's historic centre. Dating back to 1928, the hotel's stylish, bright suites have been updated with all the modern amenities. Sample innovative interpretations of Spanish dishes at the Caramba restaurant or enjoy a drink at the hotel bar. A chic city stay. See More
Slow Suites Luchana Madrid 19 rooms from £112City Style - Chic city boltholes for independent, discerning travellers, ideal for groups and couplesLocal markets - Head to the buzzing Mercado de San Antón for some tasty bitesRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
Chic self-catering apartments in the centre close to the main sights. The bright open-plan interiors have chic modern furnishings and the bold feature walls describing the hotel's 'slow' ethos are a lovely touch. Smart rooms are impeccable and unfussy with some stylish modern fittings. A great base. See More
Dear Hotel, Madrid Madrid 162 rooms from £112City Style - This hotel is in a handy downtown location with shops, bars and restaurants on the doorstepGreat walks - Take a stroll through El Capricho park, a romantic gem and a monument to 18th century tasteLocal markets - Head to the Mercado de San Fernando for some great food and swing dancingSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A chic design hotel located in a buzzing central location. Featuring a stunning rooftop terrace with restaurant, bar, and a pool with amazing panoramic views. Simple interiors are bright and elegant with modern furniture, while fresh, comfortable rooms are stylish and unfussy. A great city base. See More
Artrip Hotel Madrid 17 rooms from £113Sights nearby - 10 minutes stroll from Madrid's Art TriangleLocal markets - Rastro opem air market every Sunday
A bright and sunny contemporary hotel in Madrid's cultural quarter. All white rooms and splashes of colourful artworks in living areas. A stylish and great value spot in a lovely part of the city. See More
Room Mate Óscar Madrid 74 rooms from £113City Style - A unique and cosmopolitan central hotel, which draws a lively crowd to it's uber modern and chic suites.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby Puerta del Sol, always a-wash with people of every kind.Lively area - A great central locationFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
A lively hotel in avant-garde design in the shopping and nightlife mecca. Individually designed rooms vary from wide-awake orange, vivid lime green, or chessboard black and white. A sleek city destination. See More
Only You Atocha Madrid (13 Retiro) 205 rooms from £117Total relaxation - Wellness facilities that include everything from beauty treatments and massages to an in-house personal trainer.Local exploring - Next to the Puerta de Atocha, behind a major park and only a short walk from the Reina Sofia gallery.Business meetings - There are multimedia-equipped meeting rooms and with over 204 rooms in total.Sights nearby - Near the historic Puerta de Atocha railway station.Recommended by - Tablet
Chic designer rooms in the centre of Madrid. Facilities include a 24h gym with an on-site trainer, running club, Wellness Centre, barbershop and multimedia meeting rooms. There is a rooftop bar, restaurant and an in-house bakery. A slick property in an excellent location. See More
7 Islas Madrid region 79 rooms from £125Local exploring - Located between the busy centre and the trendy going-out district, this is a great base for exploring MadridCity Style - This design hotel has reams of city style; art lovers will particularly appreciate the in-house art galleryRomantic Break - Book a suite with a private terrace and bathtub to complete your romantic getaway at this hotelGreat walks - Take a walk through Casa de Campo, a forest on the edge of the centre of Madrid with lots of marked trails for walkers
A stylish art and design hotel in the heart of Madrid. The best rooms are designed by Kike Keller and offer a private terrace, bathtub and yoga kit. Check out the exhibitions at the hotel's private art gallery before sampling the restaurant's à la carte menu. A perfect choice for culture lovers. See More
Hotel Puerta America Madrid 315 rooms from £126Architectural - Avant garde design by world famous architects including Norman Foster, Jean Nouvel and Zaha HadidLuxuryCity StyleRestaurant - Traditional Spanish food with a modern twistRecommended by - Tablet
A stunning contemporary hotel crafted by award-winning architects and designers. An architectural feat with individually modern rooms and suites, fantastic restaurant and bar, spa, and business centre. Slightly off centre, but a museum in itself. Super sleek. See More
Hesperia Madrid Madrid 171 rooms from £145Foodies - Three fantastic restaurants; Santceloni has two Michelin stars.City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
A smart sophisticated Five Star hotel with Michelin Star restaurants. Rooms and suites range from large to super large to Presidential. Elegant furnishings, all the mod cons, private balconies, some have hot tubs. Fantastic food, business centre, and gym. Very sleek. See More
The Pavilions Madrid Madrid 29 rooms from £128Local exploring - Ideally situated in a central location perfect for exploring various nearby trendy areas and famous sightsSights nearby - Visit City Hall and head up to the vista point at CentroCentroLocal markets - Sample food from around the globe at Mercado de VallehermosoGreat walks - Stroll through the romantic El Capricho parkRecommended by - Tablet
A swish contemporary hotel in the city centre. Expect innovative meals in the hip bar and notable modern art throughout the hotel. This gallery vibe is enhanced by the black furniture and a palette of greys, while rooms are punctuated by warm tones, books and statement pieces. A chic city base. See More
Room Mate Alicia Madrid 31 rooms from £129Families - Close to museums, galleries, and child friendly amusements.Family - Free for under 12s.ElegantCity StyleRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
A chic and contemporary hotel in central Madrid. Ceiling to floor windows light up avant-garde designs and flood the rooms with the life of the Plaza de Santa Ana. A great place to stay for families or an elegant city break from which to soak up the energy of the area. See More
Hotel Villa Real Madrid 96 rooms from £130ElegantDowntownTraditionalCityRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
This hotel is centrally located within minutes from all the main attractions. Traditional facades are complemented by contemporary comforts - rich leather furnishings and Roman mosaics. A classic and comfortable destination for a city break or business event. See More
Hotel Urban, Madrid Madrid 100 rooms from £138City Style - A thoroughly contemporary art deco hotel and art gallery, packed with artefacts, in one of Madrid's trendiest areas.Sights nearby - In the heart of the city’s Golden Triangle formed by the Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza and the Fundación Reina Sofia.Swimming Pool - Small outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A fashionable delight of Art Deco style and avant-garde architecture - steel, glass, wood, leather and lots of natural light. Sumptuous food and wine at the restaurant, great cocktails at the lively Glass Bar, and roof top plunge pool to escape the heat. A very slick city spot. See More
Eric Vökel Madrid Suites Madrid region 21 rooms from £154City Style - Located in the most stylish neighbourhood in Madrid's city centre, these apartments have plenty of city styleFamilies - With self-catering facilities, lots of living space and helpful staff on-site, this is a great family optionGroups - Groups will love the larger apartments; choose one with a private terrace to enjoy drinks under the starsLocal markets - Check out El Rastro, one of Madrid's oldest flea markets, and bag a bargain to take home
These boutique apartments are located in the trendy Malasaña area of Madrid. Housed in a renovated townhouse, the apartments boast exposed brick walls, private terraces and ample living and dining space; some also include a designated work station. A great option for families, couples or groups. See More
Hotel Único Madrid Madrid 44 rooms from £156Restaurant - 2 Michelin stars.ElegantCity StyleWellbeingRecommended by - Tablet, Michelin Travel
A 19th century palace renovated with elegance and style. Its stately staircase, modern mosaics, and inner garden courtyard give the impression of an aristocratic private residence. Meanwhile, its facilities and Michelin-starred restaurant provide an urban oasis for city explorers. See More
VP Plaza Espana Design Madrid 214 rooms from £169City Style - This is a really stylish central location great for easy access to hip bars, restaurants and the famous sightsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of character
A trendy central hotel with a lively rooftop terrace bar. Interiors are jazzy, with the main restaurant area featuring bold tropical furnishings, plants and a statement floor. The rooms are calmer, with a peaceful palette of cream and beige and some accents of colour. A hip and handy city base. See More
Hotel Urso Madrid 78 rooms from £173City StyleRestaurant - Can Felisa Restaurant offers gastronomic authentic Spanish cuisine with a modern twistSights nearby - Palacio de Cristal in Buen Retiro ParkSpaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
This recently restored palatial hotel, located in the elegant Alonso Martínez area offers guests a gastronomic authentic Spanish restaurant and a lively bar, perfect for an evening tipple. Rooms have large windows, are comfortable and spacious. A great location. See More
Hospes Puerta de Alcala Madrid 41 rooms from £199City Style - Situated in the centre of Madrid overlooking Retiro Park, the perfect base to explore this exciting citySpa breaks - A range of relaxation and wellbeing treatments are on offer at the Bodyna SpaFamilies - Large family rooms and babysitting services are availableSights nearby - Retiro Park, Museo del Prado and km Gran Via are just a few of the local sights within walking distanceRecommended by - Design Hotels
An elegant 19th-century townhouse blending contemporary chic with traditional architecture. Rooms are stylishly decorated and many come with balconies featuring views of the Madrid skyline. Dine at the Malvar Restaurant or pamper yourself at the Bodyna Spa. See More
ME Madrid Reina Victoria Madrid 192 rooms from £176City Style - Somehow at once both hip and timeless, this sleek modern update on a classic building oozes style from every pore.Lively - Hip and happening.Private Hot TubRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Crisp, white and cool without being too bare - minimalism at its friendliest. Fantastic restaurant with a great wine list and hip crowd. The roof top bar is great for lounging at and taking in the views. City style for those with indulgent palates. See More
Hotel Orfila Madrid 32 rooms from £182City StyleSights nearby - Close to the Prado Museum, Sofia Reina Museum and Madrid's "Golden Mile"TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, CN Traveller
A small, but opulent palace with artworks, antiques, and traditional architecture. Sumptuous rooms and suites with lots of open space, creamy furnishings and attractive period decoration. Excellent restaurant, terrace and garden. Grand, but not pretentious. See More
Iberostar Las Letras Gran Via Madrid 109 rooms from £187City Style - Ornate classic façade of arched windows, wrought-iron balconies and a corner tower meets bold modern interiors to great effect.Local exploring - At the beginning of the Gran Vía, in one of Madrid's hippest neighbourhoods, walking distance to major sights and trendy bars.Local markets - Check out El Rastro's Sunday Flea Market, a treasure trove for antique hunters and collectors.Great walks - Head to Retiro Park, a green oasis with sweeping lawns, waterfalls and a boating lake.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers
The writing is on the wall at this cool location, literally. Contemporary but still classically elegant - vivid reds, ochres, chic whites, and quips from literary figures. Great roof terrace with views and mouth-watering Japanese food at the restaurant. See More
Barcelo Torre de Madrid Madrid 258 rooms from £187Spa breaks - Unwind after a busy day and head to the spa on the 8th floor with treatment rooms by R’difusion WellnessCity Style - Conveniently situated on the iconic Plaza de España, explore Madrid from this beautiful locationBusiness meetings - The 8 meeting rooms can accomodate up to 250 delegates in this stylish and unconventional settingFamilies - Babysitting services are available at additional charges and there are a range of family roomsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A designer hotel located in one of Madrid's most iconic buildings, Torre de Madrid. Rooms are elegant and spacious and guests can make use of an indoor pool, fitness centre and sauna. The SOMOS restaurant serves á la carte meals and the Garra Lobby Bar is a great place to relax. See More
Gran Melia Fenix Madrid 178 rooms from £200Business meetings - An ideal location in the centre of Madrid for a corporate event with 5 meeting rooms and facilities for hireCity Style - Perfectly located in Plaza Colón, next to Serrano Street, the most exclusive shopping district in MadridSpa breaks - Choose from a range of innovative spa treatments and relax in this beautiful setting5* Luxury - Live in luxury with Red Level Service offering guests extra services, deluxe suites and panoramic views of the city
A beautifully luxurious hotel in the centre of Madrid, the 5* Gran Melia Fenix is unparalleled in terms of location. Rooms are spacious and have an elegant and classic style. The Red Level service offers guests supreme luxury suites and there's two magnificent restaurants as well as a cocktail bar. See More
BLESS Madrid Madrid 111 rooms from £200Foodies - This will be popular with foodies, with a restaurant run by 10-Michelin starred chef Martin BerasateguiCity Style - A stylish city base in the centre, great for exploring the main sights, shopping and barsGreat walks - Go to Cerro del Tío Pío park for a leisuely stroll in the evening and to admire the sunsetSights nearby - Visit the stunning City Hall and then head up to the view point at CentroCentro
A luxurious and opulent hotel in central Madrid, with a grand Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant. Guests will love the idyllic emerald green pool on the terrace, surrounded by cypress trees. Fresh rooms are equally elegant with stylish tiling and furnishings. A gorgeous, sophisticated treat. See More
CoolRooms Atocha Madrid 35 rooms from £203Local exploring - In the buzzing Las Letras area, with shops and bars on the doorstep, and many of Madrid’s must-sees are within a 10-minute walkLocal markets - Wander around El Rastro market, held every Sunday and known as Spain´s most popular open air flea marketSights nearby - Lots of nearby sights such as Puerta del Sol, the arcaded Plaza Mayor and the Royal PalaceGreat walks - The Buen Retiro Park is a great spot for pleasant ramblesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A restored 19th-century palace in the city's lively literary quarter. Original features have been modernised with additional art deco fittings creating a timeless elegance. Expect innovative tapas at the restaurant, a pool and refreshing terrace. Rooms are spacious and sophisticated. A real gem! See More
Heritage Madrid Hotel Madrid 46 rooms from £208Romantic Break - This hotel with a belle-époque design is ideal for a sumptuous romantic getaway with its air of indulgence and luxuryLocal markets - Find bargains at El Rastro, Madrid's oldest street marketGreat walks - Go for a relaxing stroll in in El Retiro parkRomantic - Good for couples.
An impeccably stylish hotel in a listed building with a roof terrace offering great city views. Decadent interiors feature beautiful tiling and sumptuous patterned fabrics, while luxurious rooms have fabulous designer wallpaper and indulgent bathrooms. A superb city bolt-hole for couples. See More
The Principal Madrid 76 rooms from £226City Style - Expect elegant surrounds, alfresco cocktails and fine-dining in the heart of the city.Great walks - Take gentle strolls through the picturesque Buen Retiro Park.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A majestic hotel set in the top floors of a grand 1920s building in the heart of the city. Grown up rooms are decorated in monochrome shades, boast indulgent bathrooms and the best have sweeping views of the city. A fabulous restaurant and cocktails served on the terrace make this a special stay. See More
Vincci Soho Madrid 169 rooms from £229Local exploring - Right in the centre of Madrid, a great basse from which to explore this historic city on foot.Great walks - Take a stroll through the beautiful Los Jardínes del Buen Retiro.Sights nearby - Visit the Catedral de La Almudena or the Royal Palace.Full of character
An impressively modern four-star hotel in a historic building. Spacious rooms with sleek furnishings and mood lighting. Lovely outdoor terrace and garden, lively bar, and good business facilities. Ideal for a stylish city break. See More
Hospes Madrid Madrid 41 rooms from £230City Style - Chic modern design in a 19th-century townhouse- muted tones, oversized woodern doors & city views from floor to ceiling windows.Local exploring - Right in the beating heart of Madrid, beside the Puerta de Alcalá and on the northwest corner of Retiro Park.Great walks - Take a stroll around the lovely Retiro Park, just on your doorstep.Sights nearby - La Reina Sofia and Cybeles Fountain are within a short walk.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
This hotel provides a masterclass in quiet refinement. Beautiful rooms that ooze elegance and calm - whites, greys, beams, and views of the park. Delicious food and a spa to relax in after seeing the sights around the corner. Ideal for a stylish city break. See More
Totem Madrid (23) 64 rooms from £233City Style - A stylish and contemporary hotel in the heart of Madrid's Salamanca neighbourhood, offering a trendy bar and bright airy suites.Local exploring - Situated in the Salamanca District, moments away from the vibrant streets of Goya or SerranoSights nearby - Plaza de Colón, Puerta de Alcalá and Parque del Retiro cannot be missed.Lively - Hip and happening.
A central hotel offering modern comfort to its discerning guests. A stylish hotel in the fashion district of Madrid, with wood panel finishes, contemporary furnishings and sleek design. The chic cocktail bar and restaurant comes alive each evening. Eclectic and glamorous. See More
Santo Mauro Madrid 51 rooms from £253City Style - This neoclassical mansion oozes understated elegance and sophisticated style from its designer furnishing to its parquet floors.Total relaxation - Away from the crowds, the vibe here is uber relaxed- lounge by the pool, steam in the sauna and drink in the garden.Great walks - Wander around the neighbourhood where the Spanish nobility established their residences at the turn of the 20th century.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A former palace that combines homely charm with subtle decadence. Super king size beds to match the palatial interiors - enormous reception rooms with charming broderie anglaise furnishings. A fantastic private garden and lovely library-restaurant. Ideal for a stylish break. See More
AC Palacio del Retiro Madrid 50 rooms from £253City Style - Mauméjean stained glass, Julio Romero frescoes, and pink sculptures of alien monkeys all thrown together with undeniable style.Romantic Break - Palatial suites overlooking Retiro Park, parquet flooring, huge beds, pampering spa, and unbeatable service- a spoiling treat!Great walks - Head out of this central hotel and you'll immediately hit the lovely Retiro Park, perfect for a morning stroll.Sights nearby - The Neo-classical monument Puerta de Alcalá is in close proximity.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Muted luxury and glossy modernist surroundings in this palatial building. Large white bedrooms with lots of natural light and rich furnishings - some with Pop Art murals. Scrumptious modern-Mediterranean food, underground spa, and excellent service with a ratio of one member of staff per room. See More
Vincci The Mint Madrid 88 rooms from £258City Style - Ideally located in the city centre a short walk from Puerta del Sol, Calle Preciados, Callao, Plaza Mayor, Funcarral and ChuecaRomantic Break - The beautiful and iconic setting make Vincci The Mint an ideal location for a romantic getaway in MadridLocal markets - Mercado de San Antón and Mercado de San Miguel selling the finest Spanish produce are both a short walk awaySights nearby - Madrid's best sights are all a short walk away
A contemporary hotel designed by architect Jaime Beriestai located on Gran Vía. A chic gastro bar serves a range of amuse-bouche and cocktails. Rooms are modern and spacious and fitted with high-tech equipment. The best rooms come with balconies featuring magnificent views of iconic landmarks. See More
Only You Boutique Hotel Madrid 125 rooms from £269Local exploring - Wander through the streets taking in the city's sights and immerse yourself in one of Europe's largest cultural hubsCity Style - A suave former palace tunred trendy hotel, nestled between the hip neightbourhoods of Chueca and SalesasSights nearby - Head over to the Puerta del Sol, stroll around Retiro Park or head to Plaza Mayor-all a short distance awayLocal markets - Go check out the bustling Antón Martín and San Miguel marketsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Only You is a 4 star boutique hotel situated in a restored 19th century palace. It enjoys a wonderfully central location in Madrid and offers uniquely decorated rooms, combining modern interior design with historic architecture. Be sure to eat at their superb restaurant! A fantastic city spot. See More
Gran Hotel Ingles Madrid 48 rooms from £298Spa breaks - Enjoy the first Signature Spa in Madrid combining 1920s style with the latest in spa treatment therapyCity Style - Its central location makes Grand Hotel Ingles the perfect place to stay and explore MadridBusiness meetings - One of the finest conference venues in Madrid with two large meeting roomsSights nearby - El Retiro Park is just 1km away and the Royal Palace is a 20-minute walk from the hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Madrid's oldest hotel dating back to 1886, the Gran Hotel Ingles seamlessly blends the old and new, maintaining its traditional art-deco style with 5* luxury. Rooms exude 19th-century elegance with fabrics designed by David Rockwell. The restaurant serves up the finest Spanish cuisine. See More
Rosewood Villa Magna Madrid 154 rooms from £738Families - Families are welcome here with a great range of accommodation, plus several dining options and seasonal kids' programmes5* Luxury - As with all Rosewood properties the Villa Magna offers exceptional standards in terms of luxury and serviceCity Style - A stunning renovation offering understated elegance complemented by a chic finishFoodies - The Amos Restaurant is overseen by legendary 3 Michelin Star chef, Jesus SanchezRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
A recently renovated iconic property in central Madrid. Top notch luxury rooms and suites offer a feel of understated elegance accompanied by sumptuous touches like marble bathrooms as standard. A range of dining options from a relaxed all day cafe to fine dining from a 3 star chef! A chic city pad. See More