Search the best hotels in Toledo
Toledo's name resonates through Spanish history - it was once the capital, and because the name looms large, as a religious and cultural centre, the city might seem smaller than you expect. But don't be disappointed with your first impression, Toledo shouldn't be overlooked. It's home to a wealth of beautiful religious buildings - from churches to mosques to synagogues, set around an old town ripe for discovering. Toledo can be busy with day-trippers, so it's worth staying through the evening, when the city is even more magical - but don't worry, the best places to stay in Toledo are quite affordable.
Though boasting a wealth of beautiful, historic treasures, Toledo is very much a living city and probably one of the very best places in the world in which to become lost!
What Not To Miss
- The 13th century Gothic Toledo Cathedral is probably the city's most impressive sight - this was the historic capital of Catholic Spain, and it's one of the most extravagant cathedrals in the country.
- The Transito Synagogue and 15th century Franciscan monastery, controversially located in the Jewish part of town, are close rivals to the cathedral's grandeur.
- As is the Alcazar, rebuilt under Franco and now a military museum.
- Toledo also has the remains of Roman baths, several interesting little museums, and some larger ones, and rows of plazas lined with wonderful little bars and cafes.
To avoid disappointment be sure to book ahead, as the best places to stay in Toledo get quickly booked up!
- Casa de Cisneros is a traditional, and very reasonable,10-room hostel right by the cathedral. Rooms are cosy, and decorated with antiques, and there's a great little restaurant specialising in classic, regional dishes.
- Valdepalacios is an idyllic country house in the green fields between Madrid and Toledo. There are just 29 romantically decorated rooms, lots of lovely communal living space and a state-of-the-art spa.
- Located in the heart of the city, Antidoto Rooms offers stylish whitewashed accommodation with lovely views. Enjoy a lovely breakfast each morning to set you up for the day.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Toledo's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, with the average daily temperature reaching 25°C in July and August.
- This however is peak tourist season, so for a quieter alternative consider coming in May or September. Don't worry, the weather's still pleasant enough to spend your days outside sightseeing!
- International visitors can fly into Madrid Bajaras International Airport, located 70km northwest and well served by public transport links to Toledo.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Toledo
Casa de Cisneros 10 rooms from £40Toledo
A traditional Spanish ‘hostal’ close to the cathedral. Atmospheric rooms with exposed brick, wooden beams, heavy shutters and antique style furniture. An exceptional location for exploring this UNESCO listed town. Perfect for those on a budget and groups of friends.Groups - Triple rooms are ideal for groups of friends.Sights nearby - Lion's Gate entrance to Cathedral is on the doorstepLocal markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Antidoto Rooms 10 rooms from £65Toledo (Calle Recoletos, 2)
Ten stylishly decorated rooms, in a 16th century structure in the heart of Toledo's historic centre. Chic and charming, rooms blend history with modern day functionality and lovely views of the city from private terraces. Free wifi, a coffee maker and breakfast is included.Local exploring - Located in the heart of the historical centre, a few minutes walk from the Alcazar, this place is ideal for exploring the city.City Style - In a painstakingly renovated building, the design element has been well thought out, keeping in mind the comfort levels.Value chic - Great value for money- chic modern rooms in a beautifully restored property featuring 8th-century walls.Local markets - Many restaurants, cafes and bars are located in Zocodover Square. The Arabic Market cannot be missed.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Parador de Toledo 79 rooms from £88Toledo
The Parador de Toledo must have one of the best views of the city, plus comfy and spacious bedrooms, good restaurant and a pool to cool you down after the delights of Toledo.Views - One of the best views of ToledoSwimming Pool - OutdoorOutstanding locationSecluded setting - For escaping.
Valdepalacios 29 rooms from £204Toledo (km 9)
An idyllic country house nestled between emerald fields and lakes just outside Madrid. A state of the art spa, beautiful elegant living areas, romantic bedrooms, and excellent Catalan cuisine. A languid countryside spot for couples and spa breaks.Romantic BreakLuxurySpa breaksRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux