Search the best hotels in Verbier
Verbier is a village in the canton of Valais in southern Switzerland and is one of the best and most extensive ski resorts in the Alps. It hardly shuts between seasons - bar a few weeks in May and October - otherwise there’s always something happening in this gem of a ski resort. The location is more than stunning, with views of both the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc. There are 80 lifts accessing 400kms worth of runs - where the snow is pretty reliable - the thrills are too - and the après ski is arguable the best in Switzerland. Book early or late and you’ll probably still find great snow as well as a great time. The best places to stay in Verbier range from grand ski hotels to luxury mountainside hideaways.
What not to miss:
Most people won't look beyond the skiing here and that's completely justified as the resort offers some of the best skiing in Europe.
There's plenty of options outwith the ski season and one is the boundless opportunities for mount biking in the summer.
- The surroundings are full of great hiking routes such as the Croix de Coeur.
- Take day trips out to beautiful lakes such as Lac de Louvie and Lac des Vaux.
The resort is an extremely popular spot, especially during the winter, so if you want to nab a room at one of the best places to stay in Verbier be sure to book well ahead.
Close to the lifts
- For those who are intent on skiing hard, Le Chalet de Flore is great option. An elegant property with excellent rooms, great views and most importantly, prime access to the slopes.
- The Hotel Mirabeau is a great value B&B in an excellent location just minutes from the Medran lift. Offering comfortable accomodation, this is definitely one for those who want to get up for the first lift and down after the last.
For a lively holiday
- If your skiing holiday is all about the nightlife then look no further than The Nevai. A boutique hotel bang next door to the Farm Club. Boasting its own hip bar as well as a great spa, it's an ideal spot for a lively trip to Verbier.
- Alternatively book in to the Bristol. This hotel is situated on the place centrale, is very reasonably priced and offers a great breakfast.
- Another well situated option would be the Central Hotel, but with only 8 bedrooms, you have to book ahead.
- For those travelling en famille, a great spot to stay in Verbier is the Hotel Vanessa. This property has recently undergone some renovation and offers great suites and duplexes.
- Hotel La Rotonde is a bit of a Verbier institution. The style is definitively alpine with blazing fires and pinewood decor. Offering excellent family rooms, it's great for a family skiing trip.
For Alpine Chic
- W Hotel epitomises a new breed of skiing hotels that places emphasis of sharp contemporary design. An extensive spa, nightclub and host of excellent restaurants are just a few of the things on offer here at this stylish hotel.
- Hotel Vanessa combines a traditional alpine hotel with modern luxury. Featuring minimalist rooms, a trendy bar and a deluxe spa, it's the perfect place to retreat to after a long day on the slopes.
- Enchanting views and superb hospitality rule the day at Le Chalet d'Adrien. With sumptuous rooms, an indulgent spa and a first-rate restaurant, this hotel is a something of a haven on the hillside.
For an apartment or chalet
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- To get to Verbier either fly to Geneva (109 miles) or Zurich (196 miles).
- For those looking for car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- If you are there for the snow, skiing gets started in December and runs up until April. But summer is also a good time to visit if you're keen on mountain biking, golf, hiking and much more, with average highs in the late teens celcius.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Verbier
B&B Les Sapins Bleu 3 rooms from £124Verbier
Traditional chalet with dashes of modern interior. Three simple bedrooms with beamed ceilings and mountain views join a large lounge. Walking distance restaurants or a lovely dining area to cook after a day on the slopes, make for a wonderful stay for a family. Excellent value and ski bus close by.Active Holiday - Ski slopes, hiking trails and toboggan runs all a few minutes away with spectacular mountain views from terraceSkiing - 1 km from the Savoleyres Cable Car, and just 30m from the ski bus stopGreat walks - Verbier provides superb walking in summer monthsViews - Fabulous mountain views
Central Hotel 8 rooms from £140Verbier
Chic and compact, a gem of a hotel. Just nine light and airy modern bedrooms with all the high-techery. Some of the bedrooms feature large jacuzzi spa bath tubs. Extremely friendly and intimate chalet. Tbar plays host to some of the best apres ski. A small hotel that has it all.Groups - Situated in the heart of Verbier and within easy distance to all the winter and summer activities.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
Hotel La Rotonde 26 rooms from £212Verbier
Reliable and modest family-run hotel on the Place Centrale. Pinewood rooms, book cases, and fires make it superbly cosy. A relaxed mountain atmosphere in a great location. Ideal for families.Families - The ideal family ski holiday- family suites with balconies, at affordable rates, just five minutes walk from the Médran lifts.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalFull of character
Hotel Mirabeau, Verbier 23 rooms from £193Verbier
Great value in a wonderful location. The Hotel Mirabeau provides everything keen skiers could want from their holiday B & B accommodation, and it all comes with a smile.Exclusive offer - Book 7 nights pay for 6Skiing - Two minutes from the Medran cable car.Traditional
Hotel Bristol, Verbier 36 rooms from £246Verbier
A cosy hotel on the Place Centrale that offers great value for money. Twee tartan bed heads, wood panelled walls and crisp white linen. A light and airy breakfast room and terrace with impressive views. A relaxed and comfortable choice ideal for families.Total relaxation - Chill after a long day on the slopes in this cosy hotel, comfortable rooms boast wonderful views of the Combin Mountain Range.Active Holiday - Based in one of Europe's best ski resorts in winter, and a hiking and biking paradise in the summer months.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Hotel Montpelier 49 rooms from £220Verbier
Hotel Montpelier is a charming spot sitting right on the slopes of Verbier. The traditionally decorated rooms and suites boast beautiful mountain views from large windows or balconies. The in house spa offers ultimate relaxation and a hearty breakfast buffet sets you up for the day!Active Holiday - The hotel provides plenty of year round activities from ski-to-door access, local hiking and cycling trails and an indoor poolTotal relaxation - Make the most of the stunning setting in the Swiss Alps and unwind in the spa and wellness centre or book yourself a massageFamilies - The ideal getaway for the whole clan, with family suites, direct access to the slopes and on site babysitting servicesGreat walks - Beautiful Alpine hikes during the summerRecommended by - Michelin Travel
The Nevai 35 rooms from £260Verbier
Cutting edge, boutique hotel. Standard rooms boast complimentary ipods and docks whilst the penthouse suites offer fireplaces, terraces and private jacuzzis. An uber chic bar and restaurant for evening entertainment and an indulgent spa. A chic choice.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with a spoiling spa treatments and fantastic cocktails and cuisine in the open-kitchen restaurant.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Experimental Chalet 39 rooms from £244Verbier (Verbier, CH)
A happening Verbier hotel with a popular late-night venue. The traditional Swiss chalet facade hides sophisticated hip interiors featuring fitted designer carpets, statement furniture and soft lighting. Cosy rooms are homely yet elegant, some with fireplaces. Expect top-notch cocktails and cuisine.Skiing - Verbier is the most happening of the 4 Vallées villages, with easy access to the numerous lifts and slopesActive Holiday - Verbier's mountain location makes it the perfect base for all outdoor enthusiastsGreat walks - As well as slopes, there is a vast network of stunning hiking trails, and in the summer the pistes become top hiking spotsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
W Hotel from £300Verbier
The Five Star W Hotel bang opposite the Medran lift has caused quite a stir. Bold contemporary deigns, polished black and glass, floor to ceiling windows, state of the art spa and facilities, nightclub, several restaurants and Two Michelin Star chef Sergi Arola. Best for 30s to 50s and not familiesSuites - Swiss red and whites dominate, an array of rooms and suites, and cutting edge 'Spectacular' and 'Wow' suitesRestaurant - Superb cuisine from Eat-Hola Tapas Bar, W Cafe, Arola Restaurant, Spanish and Swiss classicsBar - Hip bar and nightclub Carve for cocktails, champagne and thumping musicIn room DVD
Le Chalet de Flore 20 rooms from £335Verbier
Elegant hotel ideally placed a stone's throw from the main lifts. Spacious south facing rooms have stunning views of the Grand Combin and Mont Blanc Alps. Cosy yet contemporary wood panelled rooms. A charming bar and tea room. The perfect combination of laid-back luxury.Families - An extensive selection of activities, conjoined rooms and a large play area make this an ideal option for families.Active Holiday - Set in the ultimate adventure playground of Verbier with a wide range of winter and summer activities.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Vanessa 56 rooms from £335Verbier
Traditional style chalet with contemporary interiors. Bedrooms have simple white walls set against traditional wood panel. Enjoy the sleek buzzy bar and modern restaurant. The spa offers the ultimate in relaxation after a long day on the slopes. A chic base for a romantic break.Romantic Break - A perfect couples retreat with spacious and light rooms boasting balconies overlooking the Alps and romantic dining.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Spa
Le Chalet d’Adrien 29 rooms from £359Verbier
Panoramic views from this charming and peacefully positioned luxury hotel by Savoleyres - Verbier's only five star! Individually decorated rooms most featuring south facing balconies. Spend evenings relaxing in the spa or dining on exceptional cuisine. A luxurious mountain escape.Families - A charming resort on the edge of the village boasting excellent services, cuisine, views and good old-fashioned Verbier style.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
Hotel Farinet 15 rooms from £342Verbier
A luxury hotel right in the heart of Verbier. Cosy rooms keep the traditional alpine pine features yet in juxtaposition to this find free-standing in-room baths and slick contemporary furniture. Gourmet cuisine is served up in the restaurant and a nightclub takes care of apres-ski. Very chic.Active Holiday - Located in a world-class ski resort and with the mountains offering a host of other activities.Skiing - World-renowned for its slopes and with something for all abilities.Romantic Break - Cosy rooms with in-room free standing baths.Lively - Hip and happening.
Cordee des Alpes 32 rooms from £419Verbier (Rue du Ctre sportif 24)
A traditional mountain lodge situated in the heart of the village, close to the ski slopes. Chic and charming rooms with wooden floors, warm interiors and cosy fireplaces. A relaxing spa, an award winning restaurant and an indoor pool for your enjoyment. A great base to explore Verbier.Romantic Break - The perfect mountain getaway, with warm welcoming bar, roaring fires in room, huge bathtubs, great food and lovely views.Foodies - La Cordeé, has been awarded Gault et Millau - 2 toques for its gourmet cuisine.Local exploring - Ideally located close to the village centre, and the ski slopes and lifts.Local markets - Discover local restaurants and shops that litter the village, just a short walk from the hotel.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels