- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Ayutthaya
Only a short trip North of Bangkok, Ayutthaya lies in the valley of the Phraya River. Sometimes known as the “Venice of the East”, the former provincial capital was largely destroyed in 1767 by the Burmese army. We’ve selected the best places to stay in Ayutthaya to explore the historical ruins and the more contemporary attractions.
Ayutthaya is pretty consistently hot all year round and hovers around the early thirties, but for the most heat and the least rain, look to visit between November and March.
What not to Miss
- The Ayutthaya Historical Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that includes over a dozen ancient temples.
- For more architectural wonders go on to Wat Chaiwatthanaram, generally considered to be one of the most imposing ancient Buddhist monasteries.
- And after a long day’s sightseeing, stop in for a bite to eat at Coffee Old City. Don’t let the disappointing name fool you, this café is renowned for its great food and friendly staff. What’s more, it’s next to the Ayutthaya Historical Park…
The Best Places to Stay in Ayutthaya
For modern luxury
- On the banks of the Chao Phraya river is Sala Ayutthaya, a modern, boutique hotel with white on white decor and plenty of glass to the design. There area 26 rooms with boutique features like freestanding baths and chic detailing, as well as an art gallery and a courtyard pool.
Best Hotels in Ayutthaya
Sala Ayutthaya 26 rooms from £116Pratu Chai Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
Breathtaking modern design meets ancient history at Sala Ayutthaya’s boutique offering on the banks of the Chao Phraya river. White on white rooms are the essence of cool with plenty of glass, freestanding tubs and simple wooden beams. An art gallery and courtyard pool are the icing on the cake.Short fly break - Unwind in the historic and tranquil city of Ayutthaya on a short jaunt from Bangkok.Local markets - Sample cheap and delicious cuisine at the floating Chao Phrom Market and Nightmarket.Sights nearby - Explore the striking old temples of Ayutthaya that make this a World Heritage Site.Swimming Pool - Plunge pool