Search the best hotels in Delft
Delft is where you'll find the "real Holland", without the crowds that throng Amsterdam and The Hague. A picturesque and small city with a city centre that's walkable in 10 minutes. Like Amsterdam it's lined with canals and teeming with chic cafes, owing largely to its enormous student population. Beside the canals, particularly in the city centre, you'll find bric-a-brac markets flowing over the cobbled pedestrianised streets. History-lovers will enjoy the heritage. Not only are there several iconic churches (a particular highlight being the 13th century Oude Kerk) but it is also the burial place of William of Orange and where he was murdered, the bullethole-pocked wall itself remains visible in the Prinsenhof. Couples will love the canal boat tours of the city, the excellent craft beer and the boutique vintage shops standing scattered throughout Delft. A great base to explore the region from, conveniently tucked between Rotterdam and The Hague, the best places to stay in Delft include a cool, contemporary boutique that blends the old with the new.
What not to miss
- Wander the pedestrianised city centre and check out the range of vintage boutique stores.
- Climb the 10,75m tower of the Nieuwe Kerk, a 15th century church.
- Visit the Prinsenhof for a history of the 80 Years War.
- Browse some of the canalside markets.
- Book a boat cruise of the canals.
- Check out the Royal Delft Factory and enjoy a workshop in ceramic-making.
- See the Oude Kerk, a 13th century church and the burial place of the painter Johannes Vermeer.
A compact, pretty, historically-steeped city and a great base for exploring the region, Delft is oddly-enough often overlooked in favour of Amsterdam and Rotterdam - to the detriment of tourists. Discover the real Holland, and book now! Browse our list of the best places to stay in Delft to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Delft
- Casa Julia Hotel stands on an inconspicuous suburban street-corner, a stylish mix of old and new, with grandfather clocks and multi-paned windows, minimalist rooms and chic white design. With well-equipped meeting rooms and an accommodating restaurant, Casa Julia is a friendly home from home.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 11 and 22 degrees.
- Fly to Amsterdam Airport and get a train to Delft which takes 55 minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in The Netherlands
- or try Amsterdam
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Delft
Best Hotels in Delft
Casa Julia Hotel Delft 24 rooms from £95Business meetings - Offering extensive meeting room and conference facilities for those on business tripsFamilies - The soundproof family rooms and attractive prices are idealShort fly break - Rotterdam The Hague Airport is less than 10kms awaySights nearby - Set in a convenient location to explore the outlying town of Delft and Rotterdam is short journey away
Found on an inconspicuous suburban street-corner this a stylish mix of old and new, with grandfather clocks and multi-paned windows, minimalist rooms and chic white design. With well-equipped meeting rooms and an accommodating restaurant, Casa Julia is a friendly home from home. See More
Herberg de Vliegende Vos Delft 3 rooms from £105City Style - Experience the best of what Delft has to offer by staying in a property with such a sense of place and historyShort fly break - Delft is a 40 minute drive from Amsterdam international airport which has excellent connectionsSights nearby - Less than 300 metres away is 'The Prinsenhof', a beautiful historic palaceLocal markets - There is a local market on Thursdays and Saturdays
Renovated 17th-century inn situated on one of Delft's most scenic canals in the heart of the city. Famous as the birthplace of Dutch painter Vermeer, the property is known for its charming and atmospheric restaurant but there are three large and thoughtfully decorated rooms with antique quirks. See More