Search the best hotels in Amsterdam
The thing about Amsterdam is that there are many ‘things’ about Amsterdam. And the perfect hotel for each ‘thing’ and each reason to visit. The trick is finding which hotel is for you, and that’s where we Hotel Gurus come in, with our pick of the best places to stay in Amsterdam.
If you’re here to see the Art we can recommend a gorgeously decorated traditional canal house, or an immaculately re-designed one, with modern art on the walls to match those of the Moco and NDSM. If you’re here for a romantic city break we can recommend some small, intimate, elegant hideaways; if you’re here to eat we can put you within a hub of street food markets, produce markets and more traditional restaurants; and if you’re here to have fun with your friends we have some fun recommendations that are simple, central and ideal for groups. We can also recommend some fantastic family friendly hotels and apartments if you’re here to show your kids the NEMO Centre, the Maritime Museum and the Art. And if you want to stay on a canalboat we can help you out there too.
If you have an idea of where you want to stay, or what you want to see, have a look at the recommendations in our Amsterdam Collections.
Some of our Amsterdam Collections:
- Our Favourite 20 Amsterdam Hotels
- 8 of the Coolest Hotels in Amsterdam
- The 7 Best Hotels for Families in Amsterdam
- 12 of the Best Value Hotels in Amsterdam
- 16 of the Best Guesthouses in Amsterdam
- The 3 Best Hotels near the Maritime Museum
- 5 of the Best Hotels near the NEMO Centre
- 6 of the Best Hotels near the Rijksmuseum
- 5 of the Best Hotels near the EYE Filmmuseum,
- 5 of the Best Hotels near the Anne Frank House
- Our 4 Favourite Hotels near the Van Gogh Museum
- 5 of the Best Hotels near NDSM
- The Best Hotels near Artis Zoo
- 6 of the Best Hotels near Dam Square
- 6 of the Best Hotels near the Vondelpark
As a group, we Gurus all adore the tall, narrow old townhouses around the Grachtengordel, built by wealthy merchants of the Golden Age, and turned into gorgeous boutique hotels in this one — but their architecture leaves little space for frills like lounges, spas or elevators. So if those things are important to you you might try one of the repurposed post-industrial buildings, ranging from former newspaper and shipping company offices to one-time warehouses. Because in these roomier spaces you can expect pools, spas, Michelin-starred eateries and even in-house nightclubs. And don’t discount outlying neighbourhoods like Oost and Oud West, Amsterdam's excellent tram and metro system brings them within easy reach of all the sights.
The Best places to stay in Amsterdam
In AMSTERDAM CENTRUM
- Just minutes from Centraal Station, the De Witt Hotel is a stylish, 274 room hotel that occupies two neighbouring 17th century buildings. Our picks for the best rooms are those where you can still see the wooden beams and slight discrepancies in the old buildings, but it’s all beautifully painted and decorated in an elegant, contemporary style, in monochrome, but with splashes of Delft Blue. A great choice for design lovers.
- The Hotel Twenty Seven is just as close, on Dam Square, but it’s very different. Firstly it’s small, with just 16 huge individually designed suites, and secondly the decor is opulent to regal, with a palette of golds and reds. Some of the suites have living space to rival many houses, and most have incredible city views. Exclusive and decadent.
- Art’Otel just might be the closest hotel to the station, it’s the elegant corner building across the road. Inside the look changes dramatically though, because these 107 rooms and suites, and public spaces, are a sort of hotel gallery, with minimalist decor to make the most of the art on display, Trendy, with an excellent restaurant and spa.
- For great value in Amsterdam Centrum try the Max Brown Hotel, a collection of 34 rooms and suites right on the Herengracht Canal close to Centraal Station. There are two kinds of rooms, contemporary monochrome and contemporary rustic-chic. The best ones have wonderful views. There’s no restaurant, but there is a bar and they offer breakfast.
In the CANAL BELT
While staying in the Canal Belt it’s particularly easy to use the 24hour hop-on hop-off boat ticket, or rent a pedalo-style ‘canal bike’, to get yourself around.
- The epitome of quirky elegance, the Seven One Seven Hotel has been converted from a 17th century sugar-trader’s residence right on the Prinsengracht. There are just 12 rooms and suites, in a range of sizes, from attic to entertaining level, but all are beautifully, individually decorated. This is also a great place for families, they really look after you at breakfast, and the sitting room is a lovely place to relax of an evening.
- Converted from another of Amsterdam’s 17th century canal houses, Canal House is very contemporary on the inside, with just 23 rooms and suites, decorated in Old Dutch Master’s colours, but in a modern manner, with tiled, in-room baths, purple rugs and throws and a black on black bar.
- The Pulitzer Amsterdam’s 225 rooms and suites, which range from good to huge family-apartment sized, are arranged through 25 different but interlinked canal houses, quite a feat, considering the buildings were built during the 17th and 18th centuries and are all different. The result is a fantastic range of accommodation in a great city central location. Some of the rooms have more of a modern feel, while some are very traditional, with some wonderful original features. The restaurant is good too.
- The Hoxton is a chic hotel in a central spot right on the Herengracht Canal. The exterior is grand and elegant, in a traditionally Amsterdam manner, but inside it’s as chic as Amsterdam can be, with retro decor, parquet floors, wood panelling, clever bathrooms, great details and lots of lovely original features. There are 111 rooms, so there’s quite a bit of choice, and great facilities, including a whole fleet of hotel rental bikes, a lively bar and a very good restaurant. It’s also excellent value considering the style and location.
For a city break
- The Hotel V Nesplein has the sort of beautiful retro-industrial design that appeals to many, and its cosy bar and buzzy restaurant are popular with residents as well as visitors. There are 42 rooms, and while you’re very centrally located, they’re also very quiet, because you’re off a side street.
- The Ambassade Hotel is a very clever conversion of ten, mostly 17th century canal houses on the Herengracht, which now offers 58 rooms and suites. The decor is a sound mix of the original features, mostly Louis XVI style, with antiques to match, and modern art. There’s fine dining in the brasserie and drinks in the library.
- Closer to the museum end of town than the station, and to the Albert Cuyp Market, the Hotel V. Frederiksplein is a stylish, affordable base for exploring the city. This is the sort of hotel where the aim is to help you experience as much of the city as you want to, with the help of hotel bikes and great local insight from the helpful staff. There are 48 rooms, which are compact but very comfortable, and there’s a spacious bar-lounge with a big open fire when needed.
- If you like staying in small hotels the Hotel Dwars might be the Amsterdam city break choice for you. It’s central, located on the vibrant Utrechsestraat, and has just nine rooms, styled with vintage furnishings and some fantastic original features, including incredible beamed ceilings in some rooms. The larger triple rooms will suit some families too.
The Best Hotels for The Art Museums
Spend a day (or two) in the Museumkwartier to marvel at old masters in the Rijksmuseum, the genius of Van Gogh in the Van Gogh Museum, Mondrian, Matisse and other moderns in the Stedelijk Museum and 21st-century street art at MOCO. Then Stroll through the Jewish Quarter to peek into Rembrandt's home life at the Museum het Rembrandthuis
- The College Hotel is a small boutique hotel in Amsterdam Oud-Zuid, close to the Albert Cuypmarket, the fashion district, and the Museumkwartier. We like it because it’s quite spacious and quiet, and its 40 rooms and suites are of a generous size, and all individually decorated — this building spent the 19th century as a school, and some of the rooms were classrooms, which is why they’re so big and get so much light. The restaurant is also highly regarded, and is located in the school’s old gymnasium.
- Occupying an elegant townhouse, the Hotel Roemer is a 37 room hotel on the other side of the museums, close to the Canal Belt and the Vondelpark. Simple and individually decorated, these rooms are none the less stylish, with well chosen furniture, and there’s a hidden, private garden and a roaring fire in the lounge when it’s most welcome.
- The Conservatorium is a gorgeous design hotel with 129 rooms and suites and lots and lots of glass. The location, right by the Vondelpark, is very convenient for the art museums, and, because of the natural cross over between art and design, we think this is a sound recommendation for art lovers too. Especially those who appreciate a bit of space, for there are some great sized rooms here, with some fantastic views. The outside of the building will surprise you from this description, it’s very traditional.
- The Hotel JL No76 is another contemporary design offering, in a great location for the museums and galleries. It has just 39 rooms, decorated simply, in neutral shades, but with a different added something in each of them; it might be a cushioned leather wall, or mosaic, of it might be a piece of art or a striking sculpture. There’s more of these design objects in the public spaces, which include a lively restaurant. This is a good choice for families too.
For a romantic stay
- The Dylan is a small, chic hotel on the Keizersgracht, with beautiful contemporary design, that really complements the wonderful canal-side building. The 40 rooms and suites are well proportioned, and there’s a romantic brasserie-bar and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- The Hotel De L’Europe is your classically elegant-to-the-verge-of-opulent, five star hotel on a corner of the canal, so the majority of the 111 rooms and suites are gorgeous, AND have canal views. There’s an excellent spa, and a choice of restaurants, again, the majority with canal views, and one with a Michelin star.
Hip Places to Stay in Amsterdam
- The Andaz Amsterdam is a spectacular, five star, boutique-style hotel with individually, designed rooms, suites and public spaces - think chandeliers, murals, plenty of gold, giant bespoke printed rugs featuring Delftware designs, quilted plastic chairs, contemporary stained glass windows and canal side views.
For great value
- In a waterfront location on the IJ, the Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy is a big old building with 117 industrial sized rooms and suites decorated in a huge range of styles: think everything from brushed concrete and hammocks to traditionally Dutch to attic rooms with a swing. This complex also has a bar, restaurant, library, art gallery, a catwalk and meeting rooms. The rooms are rated based on size and decor in the star system, so there are one star and five star options.
- Misc is a carefully renovated 17th century canal house, close to Nieuwmarkt, a fashionable district. It has just six rooms, all personally styled, and with their own personalities, but all with well collected antiques, retro treasures and curios. Perfect for peace and privacy.
Prefer an apartment?
- If you'd prefer a self catering option, our partner Booking.com has a wide range throughout the city.
- International visitors can fly into Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, a huge European hub. From the airport the quickest way into town is on the train, which takes 15 to 20 minutes depending on which one you catch, but the station is just below the airport, so it’s very convenient. You can also arrive by train? Amsterdam Centraal is well connected to the rest of mainland Europe.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Amsterdam is probably aesthetically at its best in spring — when the famous tulips are in flower — but it’s a city destination, so a great place to be at all times of year. Summer is the busiest time to visit, and it’s an obvious thing to say but hotel rooms sell out quickly around the dates of popular events like Konigsdag (April 27), and during the huge Pride Amsterdam celebrations in late July/early August, so definitely book ahead if you’re planning to travel at a busier time.
Still not sure where to stay in Amsterdam?
- You could refine your search by area, prioritising our recommendations for 4 of the best hotels in Amsterdam's Museumkwartier, the 4 best hotels in Jordaan or 4 of our favourite hotels on Amsterdam's Waterfront.
- Or you could expand your search to include the best places to stay in Utrecht or the best places to stay in Rotterdam.
- Alternatively, you could contact a friendly guru for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Amsterdam
Best Hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Not Hotel Amsterdam 23 rooms from £68City Style - A hotel where a room is not just a room but a work of art.Great walks - Take a stroll through the scenic Vondelpark.Full of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A unique property merging art, design and hospitality. Rooms, not immediately obvious on first impressions, are in themselves large art instillations. There's a lively common area which offers both breakfast and later cocktails and thai food. Well located and priced for a city break. See More
Volkshotel Amsterdam 162 rooms from £69Local markets - Explore the famous flower markets.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Set in East Amsterdam, an old Newspaper Office HQ has been redesigned as a creative hub welcoming all guests, 'from stockbrokers to punk rockers.' The contemporary feel runs throughout the hotel, from the flexi work space to the exciting bar and nightclub and into the individually designed rooms. See More
CitizenM Amsterdam City Amsterdam 215 rooms from £77Value chic - A trendy property with smart common areas and neat bedrooms with good amenities, all for only €89 per night.City StyleRestaurant - CanteenM has a wide range of snack, salads, sushi etcSights nearby - You can be in Dam Square in 25minsRecommended by - Tablet
Accessible modern Dutch design with affordable accommodation. Small high tech rooms are bright and airy, with top notch accessories including rain showers and free movies on demand. The living and canteen area are lively meeting spots. A cool and great value choice for a city break. See More
Hotel Vondel Amsterdam 86 rooms from £80Lively - At the heart of Amsterdam's lively centre.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
A sleek and modern hotel with a lively atmosphere near Amsterdam's nightlife, shopping, and museums. Decor is chic: courtesy of designer owner Arjen van den Hoff. Untreated wooden furniture and white-washed walls create a minimal feel with cosy textiles. The courtyard garden is fabulous. See More
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark Amsterdam 81 rooms from £90Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy Amsterdam 117 rooms from £99Local markets - Explore the hip new Oostelijk Havengebied quarter, Amsterdam’s ‘New East’, in which the hotel is located.Sights nearby - Bimhuis concert hall is a just 15-minute walk from the property.Restaurant - Serving light meals and an extensive breakfast buffetQuirky - A creative hub, arty and innovativeRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Beautifully renovated cultural hub, where travellers can enjoy frequent art exhibitions and cultural events. Rooms are uniquely decorated, with modern Dutch designer furniture and original features - wooden beams and original tiling. An innovative location, dripping with creativity. See More
Blue Sheep B&B Amsterdam 6 rooms from £103Value chicSights nearby - The Red-light District, Jordaan, Anne Frank’s House and the Nine Little Streets.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRecommended by - CN Traveller
An adorable family-run B&B in central Amsterdam. Just three large airy rooms with parquet floors, exposed brickwork and wooden beams. Family friendly suites sleep up to 4 and are situated close by, plus there are self catering apartments too. An understated spot with great access to all the sights. See More
Hotel Van de Vijsel Amsterdam 82 rooms from £104City Style - An architecturally slick property crafted from fine wood craftsmanship in the heart of the cityGreat walks - Take a stroll through the nearby VondelparkDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A beautifully crafted hotel offering cool contemporary aesthetics in the heart of the city. Designed in and out with wood while mixing traditional and modern designs. Rooms are simple with a Scandi-chic feel (plenty of wood again and simple crisp white linen). The city's sights are a stroll away. See More
Hotel the Exchange Amsterdam 61 rooms from £108Local exploring - Located right in the heart of the city this is a perfect spot for exploring the city by foot (or bike)City Style - A unique hotel designed by fashion students this is an undeniably cool spotFull of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A central, fashion-themed, hotel occupying three buildings. Each room tells a story and were designed by students from Amsterdam Fashion Institute, from costume drama in the "Marie Antoinette” suite to the “Catwalk” room with an illuminated runway. For young couples and style-conscious urbanites. See More
Hotel Wiechmann Amsterdam 37 rooms from £108Great walks - This charming hotel is set on the Prinsengracht canal, an ideal spot for an evening stroll.Sights nearby - Main museum area is 15 minute walkViews - Some rooms with canal viewFull of characterRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Wiechmann consists of three canal houses turned into a simple family-run B&B offering the essentials. Comfortable, breezy rooms with modern bathrooms and a complimentary delicious breakfast. Proximity to the main attractions and shopping districts is a big selling point. See More
ClinkNoord Amsterdam (Noord) 213 rooms from £110Local exploring - Located in the artsy Noord district of Amsterdam, this hostel makes a great starting point for local exploringValue chic - With beds in a shared dorm from under 20 euros, this hostel is great value for moneyGroups - The larger dorms are great if you are travelling with a groupSights nearby - Visit the Royal Palace Amsterdam, a palace used by the Dutch Royal House and which houses a number of 17th-century artworks
This friendly hostel is located in the Noord district of Amsterdam, on the banks of the River IJ. Guests can choose between modern private rooms, mixed or single-sex dorms. Lockers are available in every dorm, plush fresh linens and towels at reception. Meet other travellers in the bar; a fun hotel. See More
Max Brown Hotel Amsterdam 34 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Very central location, with many sights easily accessible on foot.Views - Views over the Herengracht Canal, one of Amsterdam's prettiestLively - Hip and happening.
Piet Hein Hotel Amsterdam (Vossiusstraat) 81 rooms from £114Great walks - Overlooking Vondelpark, the ideal spot for a picnic.
Mr Jordaan Amsterdam City Centre 34 rooms from £117Local exploring - Ideally placed for an off-beat Amsterdam experience in the artsy Jordaan district and only a short walk from the main sights!City Style - A hip and homely boutique-style canal house hotel, with retro furnishings, soft hues and a welcoming atmosphere.Sights nearby - Only a five minutes walk from Anne Frank's House.
Hotel V Frederiksplein Amsterdam 48 rooms from £121Value chicCity StyleB+BLess £Recommended by - I Escape
Conscious Hotel Westerpark Amsterdam (Westerpark) 29 rooms from £125Local exploring - Located between the verdant park and the cultural hotspot Westergasfabriek, this hotel is a great base for local exploringActive Holiday - With bikes available from the hotel and a focus on active lifestyles, this hotel is great for active holidaymakersCity Style - Set in a landmark Amsterdam building, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Stroll down to Dam Square, Amsterdam's central square and home to the Dutch Royal Palace
This eco-friendly hotel is located in a heritage building in Westerpark, Amsterdam. The bright guestrooms feature comfortable, Auping beds, wooden panelling and classic bathtubs; book a suite for extra living space. Pop into Conscious Café for healthy eating options; a smart, well-located city stay. See More
Misc Amsterdam 6 rooms from £126Views - Of the canal and hotel gardenBoutiqueLocal markets - Good for local colour.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape
AMS Suites RW Amsterdam 4 rooms from £129Local exploring - In easy reach of the main attractions including the Anne Frank's House, Vondel Park and the museum districtSights nearby - The Anne Frank House is a must; the front is a museum but the back annex has been preserved to give an idea of life back thenLocal markets - Visit the Bloemenmarkt, the world’s only floating flower market, the Albert Cuypmarket and the Waterlooplein flea marketRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Suitehotel Posthoorn Monnickendam, Amsterdam 6 rooms from £129Foodies - Michelin starred restaurant.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel V Nesplein Amsterdam 42 rooms from £150Contemporary - Loft-style rooms are super chic.City Style - Central Amsterdam locationLocal markets - Floating flower market (Singel canal between Koningsplein and Muntplein) and the open-air market on Albert CuypstraatLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Mokum Suites Amsterdam City Centre 2 rooms from £130Local exploring - Located close to the city centre and the main attractions, this B&B makes a great base for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage property in the charming canal district, this hotel has lots of local styleRomantic Break - The hotel's contemporary, stylish suites are great for a romantic couples' getawaySights nearby - Stroll through town to Dam Square, Amsterdam's lively central plaza and home to the Royal Palace, a neoclassical gemRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This unique B&B is located a heritage property in the heart of Amsterdam's canal district. Suites are contemporary, featuring chic design pieces and homely soft furnishings; book the airy Star Suite for high ceilings, original architectural details and pretty canal views. A charming city bolt-hole. See More
Hotel Roemer Amsterdam Amsterdam 37 rooms from £154Sights nearby - Very close to art galleries and Van Gogh Museum.Great walks - Vondelpark is just round the corner.BoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Michelin Travel
The Hoxton Amsterdam 111 rooms from £156City Style - A sleek hotel offering chic design and easy access to the city centre.Sailing - Take a scenic cruise along the canals.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.
A retro chic hotel in the heart of the city. Spacious rooms feature sink-into beds, parquet floors, wood panelling and luxurious bathrooms. There's hotel bikes to rent, a very good restaurant and a lively bar. Just a stroll from many of the major sights and set on one of the prettiest canals. See More
La Remise Amsterdam City Centre 3 rooms from £143Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location, close enough to visit all the main attractions while still being able to sleep peacefullyRomantic Break - Couples love this cosy B&B; book the Sud Room for a king-size bed with plush linensCity Style - With chic, contemporary interiors, this modern B&B has lots of city styleSights nearby - Stroll along to Dam Square, one of Amsterdam's central squares and within walking distance of the B&BRecommended by - Tablet
This unique, luxury bed & breakfast is located in Noorderstraat, Amsterdam. Rooms are dressed in a pastel palette and feature innovative design pieces, cosy soft furnishings and contemporary artworks; book the Sud Room for extra living space. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast; an intimate city stay. See More
Park Hotel Amsterdam Amsterdam 189 rooms from £147Meeting Room - The meeting an conference rooms boast 700sqm of space - all rooms decorated to energise and inspire any occasion.Restaurant - Award-winning MOMO restaurant offers Pan-Asian cuisine.City Style - Great position for museums & designer shopping.Lively - Great vibe in MOMO's cocktail bar.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Michelin Travel
Inn on the Lake Amsterdam (AH Broek in Waterland) 4 rooms from £147Views - Wonderful lake and river viewsSights nearby - 10 minutes from AmsterdamRomantic - Good for couples.LakesideRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
The Wittenberg 1018 VL Amsterdam 115 rooms from £160Local exploring - The apartment style living is ideal for more independent travellers, and its well located to easily access the famous sightsSights nearby - Head to the nearby Hortus Bontanicus just across the canal, the world's oldest botanic gardenLocal markets - Wander around the world-famous Waterlooplein Flea MarketRomantic - Good for couples.
Eric Vökel Amsterdam Suites Amsterdam City Centre 28 rooms from £160Local exploring - Located in a prime, central location in Amsterdam, these apartments make a great base for local exploringFamilies - These self-catering apartments are great for families travelling with childrenCity Style - With chic, designer interiors, this hotel has lots of contemporary city styleSights nearby - Visit the Basilica of St. Nicholas in Amsterdam's old town, a short distance from the hotel
This hotel offers luxury suites in the centre of Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam Centraal. Apartments have custom layouts and designer interiors with large windows and ample living space; book the penthouse suite for fantastic river views. Book a free breakfast kit online; a chic and modern city stay. See More
Hotel JL No76 Amsterdam 39 rooms from £162City StyleFamiliesSights nearby - Near all the museums.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Hotel Dwars Amsterdam City Centre 9 rooms from £165Local exploring - Located on the boutique shopping street Utrechtsestraat, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage property in downtown Amsterdam, this hotel has lots of chic city styleFamilies - The triple rooms available at this hotel are great for families travelling with childrenRomantic - Good for couples.
This chic hotel is located in central Amsterdam on the vibrant Utrechtsestraat. The warm, individually styled rooms feature exposed brick walls, eclectic vintage furnishings and natural accents; set the mood with light-dimming controls. The large triple rooms are great for families; a charming stay. See More
Sir Albert Amsterdam 84 rooms from £168Foodies - Fantastic Japanes restaurant.City StyleSpa - Access to the City Street Spa in central AmsterdamSights nearby - Van Gogh museum.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel V Fizeaustraat Amsterdam (Oost) 91 rooms from £171Families - This hotel is great for families travelling with children; book interconnected rooms to keep an eye on the little onesCity Style - With boutique interiors and a sleek, on-site bar and restaurant, this hotel has lots of chic city styleRomantic Break - The stylish design of this hotel is a hit with couples; book a luxury suite for a romantic fireplaceGreat walks - Enjoy great walks in Oosterpark, a large municipal park located close to the hotel and the oldest park in Amsterdam
This luxury, four-and-a-half star hotel is located close to Amstel station in Amsterdam. Rooms are warm and inviting, featuring wooden floors, boutique furnishings and industrial accents; book a suite for a cosy fireplace and king-size bed. Dine in the vibrant hotel restaurant; a stylish city stay. See More
The College Hotel Amsterdam 40 rooms from £173Restaurant - Serving up locally sourced fresh ingrediants, the restaurant has become a popular spot with locals so book ahead.Designer - Interiors by famed designer Martijn de Goede.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Four star boutique in Amsterdam's Fashion and Museum District. Welcomed by sensual interiors, the modern guest rooms are spacious and a great base for local exploring. Enjoy the Bar Lounge and the High Tea, a cocktail on the terrace and mouth watering dishes throughout the day. Vibrant and trendy. See More
Morgan & Mees Amsterdam (Westerpark) 9 rooms from £175Local exploring - Located close to the artsy neighbourhood of Jordaan, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in AmsterdamCity Style - With contemporary interiors featuring designer furnishings and toiletries, this hotel has lots of chic city styleRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's cool, modern feel; book the luxury suite for added indulgence on your romantic getawaySights nearby - Stroll down to Dam Square and visit the Royal Palace, a neoclassical gem and the setting for Dutch royal events
This cosy boutique hotel is located in the bohemian Amsterdam West district. Stylish guestrooms boast COCO-MAT beds, unique artwork and Marie Stella Maris toiletries; book the luxury suite for living space and a freestanding bathtub. Dine at the contemporary hotel restaurant; a chic city guesthouse. See More
Hotel de Hallen Amsterdam (Oud-West) 57 rooms from £182Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location for exploring Amsterdam, situated within walking distance of many major attractionsCity Style - Occupying a landmark industrial conversion in Amsterdam, this hotel has plenty of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's contemporary interiors and the stylish restaurantSights nearby - Take a tour of Anne Frank House, a short walk from the hotel; the writer's house now also features a musuemRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet
This unique design hotel is located in a former tram depot in Amsterdam. Having undergone a loving conversion, the hotel offers contemporary rooms with vintage touches; guests love the COCO-MAT beds and industrial interior design. Eat at the chic international restaurant Remise47; a smart city stay. See More
Art'otel, Amsterdam Amsterdam 107 rooms from £184City StyleSights nearby - Bang in the centre of town with Dam Square on the doorstep. Close to all major attractionsLively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.
The Vanguard Amsterdam City Centre 2 rooms from £187Local exploring - Located close to the main museums and attractions in central Amsterdam, this hotel is a great base for local exploringRomantic Break - This charming B&B is perfect for a couples' getaway; book the loft suite for a romantic terraceCity Style - Situated in a traditional, 17th-century merchant's house, this B&B has lots of local styleSights nearby - Visit Dam Square, one of the main squares in central Amsterdam and a short walk from this B&BRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This boutique bed and breakfast is located in a 17th-century house in central Amsterdam. Guests can choose between two, individually styled rooms featuring original artworks, custom-made design pieces and family heirlooms; choose the loft suite for a private terrace and canal views. A charming stay. See More
Hotel IX Amsterdam City Centre 5 rooms from £187Local exploring - Located in the boutique Nine Streets district of Amsterdam, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a newly renovated heritage property, this hotel has lots of modern city styleRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy rooms and the discretion of having direct accessGreat walks - Explore The Nine Streets on foot and discover independent boutiques, restaurants and cafés, all within walking distanceRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This new boutique hotel is situated in a beautifully restored 17th-century property in Nine Streets, Amsterdam. Rooms feature a blend of modern and vintage-style furniture; the best suites boast exposed brick walls and chic living space. Enjoy hassle-free check-in with keypad access; a smart hotel. See More
Hotel Mercier Amsterdam 48 rooms from £191City Style - Nestled in the trendy Jordaan district of Amsterdam in a historic property, this hotel has reams of local styleLocal exploring - Located in a fashionable, central area of Amsterdam, this hotel makes the perfect base for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's chic, Art Deco style and the cosy hotel suitesSights nearby - Visit the Westerkerk, a famous 17th-century Dutch church located within walking distance of the hotelRecommended by - Tablet
This hotel is located in a heritage building in Jordaan, Amsterdam. The property has been lovingly restored, offering rooms with an Art Deco style, unique artworks and vintage furnishings; the best suite offers split-level living. Relax with coffee and cake at the Ons Huis café. A smart hotel. See More
Hotel Estheréa Amsterdam 71 rooms from £221Sights nearby - The Anne Frank House is close by.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
17th century townhouses make up this boutique hotel on Amsterdam's oldest canal. Chandeliers, mahogany paneling and extravagant decor adorn the rooms. Large suites are all unique with luxurious fabrics and vibrant wallpapers. Breakfast is worth waking up for; drinks at the bar worth staying up for. See More
Harbour Suites Amsterdam City Centre 9 rooms from £222City Style - Located in a historic building in central Amsterdam, featuring many unique design pieces, this hotel has reams of city styleLocal exploring - With a great location on the harbourfront, this hotel is the perfect base for local exploring in AmsterdamRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this hotel; book a suite with a cosy fireplace for added luxurySights nearby - Visit the nearby Basilica of St. Nicholas, a landmark historic church
This boutique hotel is located on the harbour in central Amsterdam. The individually styled suites feature exposed stone walls, cosy fireplaces and unique design pieces; book the Pond Suite for exposed wooden beams, a classic bathtub and an interior patio with a goldfish pond. A stylish city hotel. See More
Hotel Arena Amsterdam 139 rooms from £195Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at the hotel restaurant, with local and international dishes and a focus on fresh produceCity Style - Located in a beautiful heritage building on the outskirts of the city centre, this hotel has reams of local styleRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a freestanding bathtub for added indulgence on your next couples' getawayGreat walks - Explore Oosterpark, the pretty public park which neighbours the hotel, on a long walk
This chic, four-star hotel is located in a heritage property on the edge of Amsterdam's city centre. Rooms are bright and inviting with vintage design pieces; book a suite for beautifully appointed living space and panoramic views of the city or Oosterpark. Eat at the airy bistro; a charming hotel. See More
Hotel Okura Amsterdam 300 rooms from £225Foodies - 2 Michelin awarded restaurants, with the Ciel Bleu being the flagship with its impressive two Michelin Stars.Restaurant - There are four restaurants on site, two of which hold at least one Michelin starSpa - A variety of spa treatments, with a hot tub, turkish steam room, and saunas.Swimming Pool - A large pool, one of the many feature of the hotels spa and wellness centre.
The Okura is the pinnacle of luxury. With a vast variety of rooms and suites, all lavishly decorated with stunning views of the city, the Okura will cater to your every need. There is an extensive spa onsite, and a selection of 4 restaurants two of which hold Michelin stars. See More
Hotel Toren Amsterdam 40 rooms from £198Local exploring - Situated in the heart of historic Amsterdam. Perfect for exploring on foot.Sights nearby - Dam Square, the Royal Palace and several museums are within walking distance of the hotel.Full of characterBoutiqueRecommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Sir Adam Hotel Amsterdam 108 rooms from £202City Style - A quirky and unique skyscrapper conversion, filled with artists, roadies, and fashionistas- uber cool!Local exploring - WIth many attractions on your doorstep there's no excuse not to go see all that the city has toSights nearby - See the beautiful Royal Palace, visit Dam Square or head to Anne Frank HouseGreat walks - Meander through the city's streets getting a feel for its unique atmosphereRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Design Hotels
The trendy Sir Adam Hotel is located in Amsterdam's historic centre overlooking the IJ-river. Plush rooms with funky features such as exposed stone walls and contemporary artworks. The Butcher Social Club serves up wonderful burgers with a great selection of beers. A one of a kind spot! See More
Dutch Masters Amsterdam 9 rooms from £207Families - These self-catering apartments are perfect for families travelling with children; kids under 2 stay for freeLocal exploring - Located in the historic centre of Amsterdam, these apartments are the perfect base for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage building in the city centre, this hotel has lots of city styleLocal markets - Get up early and take a trip to the Amsterdam Flower Market, a beautiful display of plants and flowers
This hotel offers luxury, self-catering apartments in the historic centre of Amsterdam. Interiors are based on famous Dutch artists and boast heritage features like detailed ceilings and large windows, as well as unique design pieces. Book the Van Gogh suite for a private terrace; a chic city hotel. See More
Yays Zoutkeetsgracht Amsterdam 31 rooms from £214City Style - Located in a heritage building in the leafy Zeeheldenbuurt, this hotel has lots of local styleFamilies - The larger self-catering apartments are great for families travelling with childrenRomantic Break - Book a luxury apartment on a houseboat for a unique couples' getawayGreat walks - Explore the neighbouring Westerpark on a long walk; the park combines green spaces with iconic architecture and great nightlife
This hotel offers contemporary, self-contained apartments in Zeeheldenbuurt, Amsterdam. Accommodation is sleek and stylish, offering separate living space and self-catering facilities; live like a local with a stay in the chic houseboat apartment. Order groceries to your door; a charming city hotel. See More
Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam 129 rooms from £217SpaConference facilitiesBusiness meetingsGroupsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Ambassade Hotel Amsterdam 58 rooms from £221Great walks - Amsterdam has 165 canals over 100km in length. Great for exploring on foot or by boat.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel
17th Century waterfront hotel in the heart of Amsterdam's central canal district. A clever conversion of 10 canal houses, rooms are Louis XVI in style, filled with traditional antiques and complemented with modern art. There's fine dining at Brasserie Ambassade and drinks in the library. A city gem. See More
Pillows Anna Van den Vondel Amsterdam (Oud-West) 30 rooms from £234Local exploring - With a central location close to the main museums, this hotel makes a great base for local exploringCity Style - Located in a newly renovated 19th-century property, this hotel has lots of chic city styleFoodies - Foodies will be delighted by the hotel restaurant's daily changing menu and guest chefsGreat walks - Explore the main sights of Amsterdam on a long walk; don't miss the verdant city oasis that is VondelparkRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
This boutique hotel is located in a heritage property off Vondelpark in Amsterdam. Interiors are homely, featuring plush soft furnishings and sink-in carpets; book the luxury suite for extra living space and original heritage details. Sample the daily menu at the hotel restaurant; a chic city stay. See More
Seven One Seven Hotel Amsterdam 9 rooms from £239Designer - Interiors by former owner, the fashion designer Kees van der Valk.Outstanding location - Overlooking Amsterdam's most beautiful canal, Prinsengracht.Full of characterHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Grand, 17th century sugar-trader's residence oozing with old-world charm on the UNESCO canal network. Marble floors, oak panelling and beautiful paintings adorn the rooms. Enjoy breakfast in the dining room, relax with a book in the antique-filled sitting room or explore the city at ease. See More
Hotel Twenty Eight Amsterdam (Oud Zuid) 3 rooms from £239Romantic Break - Book the studio for a cosy romantic getaway, with all the perks of a concierge service but the discretion of a private apartmentFamilies - This hotel is a great option for families, with apartments designed to accommodate children including babiesCity Style - Located in the upmarket Amsterdam South neighbourhood, these luxury apartments have lots of city styleGreat walks - Explore the hotel's leafy neighbourhood on a long walk; don't miss the pretty Schinkeleilanden Park
This apartment hotel offers boutique accommodation in upscale Amsterdam South. The individually designed, self-catering apartments offer a spacious living area and king-size beds; the two-bedroom apartment is great for families travelling with children. Unwind in the hotel sauna; a unique city stay. See More
Zoku Amsterdam 133 rooms from £239Local exploring - Just a short walk from some of Amsterdam's main attractions.Bicycle hire - Bikes available to hire from €10 a day.Conference facilities - Co-working spaces available.Garden - Stunning rooftop garden.Recommended by - Tablet
Andaz Amsterdam Amsterdam 122 rooms from £240Romantic BreakCity Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Anne Frank House, Wester Church, Royal Palace, and the Red Light District.Recommended by - CN Traveller, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A spectacular Five Star boutique hotel, the ultimate in fantastical design. The suites, garden, spa, restaurant, bar and library are designer showcases - fish head centre pieces, chandeliers, ornate cornicing, murals, porcelain, metallic gold etc. Canal side cool and splendour. Romantic too. See More
De Witt Hotel Amsterdam 274 rooms from £251City Style - A chic design hotel complete with atmospheric bar and lively restaurant.Great walks - Take a stroll around the green expanse of Vondelpark.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A sleek hotel occupying two 17th century hotels just minutes from the Centraal Station. Rooms vary slightly in design but all follow a blue and white scheme, have wooden floors and luxurious bathrooms. American comfort food is served in Wyers restaurant and there's a lively cocktail bar too. See More
Canal House Amsterdam 23 rooms from £256Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
17th century townhouse in the heart of Amsterdam's cultural centre. Contemporary designs, with old-world touches - dark woods and ornate ceilings. Bedrooms are chic and open-plan. A stylish place to stay. Guests can enjoy the lovely garden with a romantic gazebo, tucked away from the city bustle. See More
Yays Bickersgracht Amsterdam City Centre 26 rooms from £259Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location, far enough from the centre to avoid noise but close enough to visit the main attractionsFamilies - These large, two-bedroom apartments are great for families travelling with children, and offer ample living spaceCity Style - Located on the site of a heritage church on the canalside, this hotel has lots of local styleSights nearby - Enjoy spectacular, 360 degree views of the city from the A'DAM Lookout, a 20-storey viewing platform
This boutique hotel offers self-contained apartments on the canalside in Bickerseiland, Amsterdam. The apartments are great for families or groups, with multiple, cosy bedrooms and separate living space, plus self-catering facilities. Book a comfort suite for a shared terrace; a stylish city break. See More
Sofitel Legend Amsterdam the Grand Amsterdam 177 rooms from £266Spa - Several treatment rooms, an indoor heated swimming pool with hot tub, hamman and saunaConference facilities - 17 meeting rooms and banqueting hallsBar - Vinotheque, cigar lounge and bistroRestaurant - Michelin star restaurantRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Luxurious five star hotel, in the heart of Amsterdam. 52 suites, with butler service, furnished with French elegance and grandeur. The Michelin star Bridges restaurant offers delicious organic seafood and the spa facilities are excellent. Luxury, with the city sights on your doorstep. See More
Breitner House Amsterdam 2 rooms from £282Townhouse - The house is decorated with period antiques, original fireplaces and Italian chandeliers, brocades and finest linensSuites - Two sumptuous suites to choose from the george Breitner Suite and Isaac Israel's SuiteHistoric - The house has always been associated with art and literatureBicycles available
Champagne breakfast and architectural treasures in an elegant and romantic boutique hôtel in the heart of Amsterdam. Just two exquisite suites in this fascinating and beautiful house where impressionists such as George Breitner and Isaac Israel worked in these splendid rooms. An unforgettable treat. See More
The Dylan Hotel Amsterdam 40 rooms from £289Foodies - Michelin starred Vinkeles restaurant serves impeccable cuisine and the lounge bar is one of the hottest spots in the city.City Style - A wonderfully balanced design hotel with the perfect mix of style and practicality, ideally set within the grachtengordel.Local markets - Discover the world’s only floating Flower Market within a 15 minute walk of the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Pestana Amsterdam Riverside Amsterdam (Oud Zuid) 154 rooms from £294City Style - Situated in a heritage building on the canalside in central Amsterdam, this hotel has lots of city styleRomantic Break - Book the romantic Mezzanine Suite for your next couples' getaway and enjoy a freestanding bathtubLocal exploring - With a privileged location in De Pijp, this hotel is perfectly located for local exploringGreat walks - Explore Amsterdam's green spaces on a long walk through the city centre; don't miss Sarphatipark, a verdant oasis
This five-star luxury hotel is located in De Pijp, Amsterdam. Guests can choose between rooms in the historic municipal building or contemporary studios at River House. Interiors are elegant and modern with crisp white linens; book the penthouse suite for charming heritage details. A chic city stay. See More
Hotel de L'Europe Amsterdam 88 rooms from £320Foodies - Michelin starred restaurant and others.City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool with a jet stream, hot tub area and great views over the Amstel River.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A luxury Five Star hotel on the canal side with Michelin starred restaurants and a state of the art spa. Decadent traditional living areas lead up to opulent rooms and suites. Rich wallpapers, private hot tubs, marble bathrooms, mahogany furniture. Definitely for the luxury traveller. See More
Pulitzer Amsterdam Amsterdam 225 rooms from £354Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, splendid cuisine and one of Europe's finest cities on your doorstep-perfect for a romantic getawayCity Style - A painstakingly cool and contemporary spot, set within 25 linked canal houses dating back to the 17th centurySights nearby - The Royal Palace, Dam Square and Leidesplein are some of the many attractions just a short distance awayRestaurant - Jansz serves a fine menu of newly imagined modern classics.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Pulitzer Amsterdam consists of 25 interlinked 17th and 18th century canal houses offering luxurious accommodation in the city's centre. They combine modern and traditional Dutch architecture to give it a classical fresh feel and their superb Jansz restaurant is a must visit. A top-notch city stay! See More
Hotel Twenty Seven Amsterdam City Centre 16 rooms from £664Local exploring - Perched on one of Amsterdam's central squares, this hotel is the perfect base for local exploringRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a private hot tub for added indulgence on your next couples' getawayCity Style - Located in a beautifully restored heritage building, this hotel has lots of chic city styleSights nearby - Visit the Royal Palace, used by the Dutch Royal House; tours are available, the hotel can book ahead for youRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This boutique hotel is located in Dam Square, in the heart of Amsterdam's city centre. Suites are opulent, featuring textured walls and luxury prints in a regal palette; book a signature suite for stylish living space and breathtaking city views. Enjoy a cocktail in the cosy bar; an exclusive hotel. See More