Search the best hotels in Bodrum
A city centred round its harbour, much of its accommodation can be found close by, though our recommendations for the best places to stay in Bodrum tend to be further out of town. The preferred method of travel is by sailboat, or yacht, and the most popular meals are made with the freshest bounty of the sea - served in the city’s nicest restaurants which line the coast.
Moving away from the harbour and into the city centre, Bodrum’s culture is focused on the purity of that deep blue water, with many visitors and locals coming in off the ocean to spend a pleasant afternoon in one of the Turkish baths for some rest and relaxation.
Even Bodrum’s history is best discovered under the harbour - a visit to the popular Museum of Underwater Archaeology will have you feeling like you’ve landed in Atlantis. Before you come back to the surface though, take a moment to look out of the renovated windows of Bodrum Castle for a spectacular view of the life blood of the city - the crowded harbour which is still keeping the city going.
Tourism is Bodrum’s cash cow, and more than a million visitors flock to its beaches each year. But Bodrum retains a bougainvillea-shaded charm, and houses that look like they’re made of sugar cubes. Especially in the outlying coastal villages. The castle and museums, Ottoman era mosques and laws restricting building works have helped to preserve Bodrum's own character.
It's only in the last few decades that this fishing village has been associated with idyllic beach breaks and favoured by royalty and A Listers. But behind the fancy bars and restaurants and the palm lined promenades many of the best places to stay in Bodrum are still reasonably priced. And of course the beaches are free, as are many of the historic sights and museums. So Bodrum is a great option if you're on a budget and you just want one base.
What not to miss:
- Visit St Peter's Castle, both beautiful, well preserved and boasting fabulous views across the city.
- Be sure to stop at the Museum of Underwater Archaeology, a fascinating and unique attraction for this coastal region.
- Wander through the pretty cobbled streets of the Gumusluk area and bask on the scenic beaches.
- The Bodrum Amphitheatre gives an interesting insight to the city's past.
- Spend a lazy day unwinding on the picture perfect Yahsi beach.
As with such a popular place to visit (especially during the peak summer months) many of the best places to stay in Bodrum are quickly snapped up, so plan ahead to book you favourite.
The Best Places to Stay in Bodrum
The Peaceful Side of Bodrum
- If you're looking for your own little piece of this beautiful region - and some peace as well - one of the best places to stay in Bodrum is Antik Zeytin. Just back from Golturkbuku at the foot of the forest, the eight stone cottages of Antik Zeytin make the most of the panoramic views of the Aegean, and the forest and olive groves in the foreground.
- Sandima 37 Suites is a gorgeous stone mansion with huge living spaces and private balconies which have glorious views of the sea. There's also a beautiful garden. And an atmosphere of characterful calm. There are six rooms and six suites, one which sleeps up to five, so this is also a good option for families.
- There are a lot more than four reasons that 4Reasons Hotel & Bistro is one of the best places to stay in Bodrum. But the top four are probably: location, on a hillside in as-yet-unspoilt Yalikavak; friendly atmosphere, warm even for Turkish standards; design, think elegant simplicity; and the facilities, including a pool amongst olive trees and an excellent bistro.
Bodrum on a Budget
- With its simple, spacious rooms, lovely garden and pool and prices for its 12 rooms beginning at just €70 per night, you can't beat the Sah Hotel for value.
- In a quieter part of town, the white, cubist oasis of the Su Hotel & Cottages is perfect for families watching their wallets. Suites have kitchenettes and there's also two bedroomed apartments if you need more space. And it's all arranged prettily around a large pool. Su Hotel & Cottages is also ideal if you're looking for a secluded spot in Bodrum proper. Rooms start from as little as €60.
Bodrum Beach Luxury
- If you have the budget for an upmarket beach break, Maçakizi is one of the best places to stay in Bodrum. The Aegean views from the beach chic rooms and multiple pools are pretty special. And there's a fantastic restaurant, Nuxe spa with outdoor treatment tents and the hotel has its own fleet of hire boats.
- Casa Dell'Arte is the kind of boutique hotel with interesting modern art on display, a house party feel and no children under 12. In sophisticated Torba Mahallesi, this is the perfect place to plan a grown up beach break.
- If you want to be close to Bodrum proper, but still have plenty of beach to call your own, our pick is the Doria Hotel. It is just 10 minutes drive away and has its own private beach. Chic modern styling and every comfort, including an excellent spa, this is one of the best priced boutique options in Bodrum.
- Caresse is a spectacular five-star resort directly on the Aegean Sea. Find plush suites, an extensive spa, two excellent restaurants and a stunning private beach. Ideal for a romantic escape on the Turkish coast.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to Bodrum-Milas airport located 35 km away from the city and with good international connections. Bodrum is also reachable by sea from Kos and Rhodes (Greek Islands). Daily ferryboat services from/to Kos and Rhodes to Bodrum are available during the summer season.
- Best time to visit - Bodrum enjoys a Mediterranean climate of long, hot summers, pleasant spring and autumn months, and short, mild winters. The summer months of July - mid-September can reach 35 degree Celsius so for those that want to avoid this extreme heat visiting late spring or early autumn is a more temperate time.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure which hotel to book?
Best Hotels in Bodrum
Su Hotel & Cottages Bodrum 25 rooms from £52Families - This reasonably priced and chic reosrt is ideal for families with lovely gardens and and close proximity to the beach.Sailing - Take a day trip round the Aegean on a wooden Gulet, perfect for a family activity or a romantic trip.Sights nearby - Close to the Antique Theatre and the Crusader Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Designer style and comfort at an affordable price. A small peaceful oasis in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bright white walls of the 'cubist' complex of rooms, suites with kitchenettes, and two-bedroom apartments surround a lovely swimming pool. A secluded choice for families and groups. See More
Sah Hotel Bodrum 12 rooms from £61Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Med-Inn Bodrum (Güllük) 24 rooms from £104Beach LifeFamiliesViews - Panoramic views across the bayOn the beach - Private beach and jettyRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Doria Hotel Bodrum (Gündönümü Mevkii) 92 rooms from £104Views - Fabulous views over the AegeanBeach LifeSailing - The hotel has its own private jetty. Boat trips can be arranged with the concierge.Sights nearby - 10 mins drive from BodrumRecommended by - Tablet
Antik Zeytin Bodrum (Golturkbuku) 8 rooms from £129Foodies - Stunning Mediterranean home cooked food with an emphasis placed on the importance of olive oil which is made on the property.Hideaway - Lovely cottages set in beautiful olive groves just a short distance from the sea.Sailing - Day sailing trips around the Aegean organised by the hotel.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient ‘Antique Theater’ and Bodrum Castle.
Small, low-rise resort at the foot of the forest with great views of the nearby Aegean. Just eight stone cottages offer intimacy and panoramic views of the ocean, olive groves and the hotel's wooden sailing boat waiting in the harbour. Everything is natural - stone, wood, glass, and the cuisine too. See More
Allium Villas Resort Bodrum 36 rooms from £119Beach Life - Located on the beach and with great rooms offering sea views, this hotel makes the perfect beach getawaySpa breaks - With a first-class spa on-site, this resort is a great option for your next spa breakRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy restaurant and the exclusive poolside barSights nearby - Explore the local sights of historic Bodrum such as the Greek amphitheatre; book car rental through the resort for great offers
This luxury beach resort is located in Bodrum, Turkey. All rooms offer sea views and king-size beds with classic interiors; the best suite offers a private wooden deck and direct access to the garden. Book into the sleek hotel spa before dinner at the seafront restaurant; an exclusive beach resort. See More
Sandima 37 Suites Bodrum (Yalikavak) 6 rooms from £130Views - Superb views over Yalikavak Bay and the surrounding areaRomantic BreakBeach LifePrivate Hot Tub - The Stone house has its own jacuzzi
A gorgeous Turkish stone house with lovely accommodation. Suites and family suites all in neutral tones have huge living areas and private balconies with sea views. Beautiful garden, pool, terraces, and day bed area. A perfectly balanced spot; characterful tradition meets modern comfort. See More
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Bodrum (Yaliciftlik) 173 rooms from £139Spa breaks - The Spa has an Asian approach to wellness and offers holistic detox programs as well as sauna, fitness centre and Turkish bath.Romantic Break - A unique stay with elegant suites overlooking the Aegean Sea, a private beach, romantic cruises, and fantastic dining options.Sailing - Take the hotel authentic Bodrum gullet boat out into the bay and discover top diving sites.Fishing - Take a fishing tour along the coast, the perfect opportunity to catch your dinner.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
4Reasons Hotel & Bistro Bodrum (Yalikavak) 20 rooms from £139Hideaway - A trendy boutique hotel on the Bodrum peninsula boasting award winning bar, lovely pool, gardens and fantastic food.Sailing - Take a day cruise on a wooden gulet from Yalikavak harbour, pack a picnic and make a day of it.Great walks - Guests are provided with maps for hiking through the ghost village of Sandima.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Trendy and charming hillside resort, highly professional in its approach but still small, stylish and friendly, with a lovely location. Large, white washed, rooms with contemporary art. Stunning and generously proportioned pool with pool-side bar, and candlelit dinners. A chic option. See More
Casa Hermanas Bodrum 36 rooms from £148Beach Life - Located on the beach and featuring an exclusive beach club, this resort is the perfect option for a seaside breakFamilies - There are lots of accommodation options on offer for families here, as well as great activities for childrenRomantic Break - Book a romantic suite with sea views and a jacuzzi to make this an extra special couple's getawayViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
This stylish seafront resort is located in Bodrum, Turkey. Rooms are inspired by Mexican design, featuring colourful prints and unique artworks; the best suites offer a private jacuzzi and sea views. Unwind at the private beach club before a fusion dinner at the hotel restaurant. A fun beach resort. See More
Boho Bodrum (Muğla) 5 rooms from £156Hideaway - With its secluded location, private beach and marina, this hotel is a great hideaway holiday destinationBeach Life - With its own private beach, this hotel is a great option for a low-key beach getawayRomantic Break - With romantic suites and pretty sea views, this hotel scores highly with couplesSailing - Plan a day out on the crystalline waters of the Aegean through the Bodrum Marina Yacht Club
This 70s-inspired resort is located on the seafront in Yalikavak. Rooms follow a vintage aesthetic with eclectic design and unique artworks; book the penthouse suite for a terrace with sea views. Relax on the private beach before dinner at the chic, tapas-style restaurant. A unique seaside getaway. See More
Casa Dell'Arte Bodrum Torba Mahallesi 12 rooms from £241Artworks - Displayed throughout the property. Includes pieces by Fikret Mualla, Nuri İyem, Komet & BoteroViews - Great views from hotelBeach LifeRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Caresse Bodrum (Asarlik Mevkii PK 225) 84 rooms from £262Total relaxation - The perfect spot to unwind and forget everything, with spectacular suites, it's own private beach, and a deluxe spa.Local exploring - An indulgent base for exploring Bodrum and the surrounding region.Sights nearby - Visit local sights such as Bodrum Windmills and Myndus Gate, both within two miles.Views - Great views from hotel
LUX* Resort & Residences Bodrum (Mugla) 111 rooms from £306Families - With spacious suites and private residences available, plus great activities for kids, this hotel is great for familiesBeach Life - With its own private cove beach, this hotel is a perfect choice for a relaxing seaside breakRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's chic interiors and the first-class facilities on offerSailing - Enjoy a luxurious sailing adventure setting off from the hotel's private dock; enquire at the hotel for more information
This luxury hotel is set on an exclusive private peninsula on the Turkish Riviera. Guests can choose between contemporary rooms, suites or residences featuring luxury furnishings and unique artworks; the best suites offer panoramic sea views. Relax at the private beach; an indulgent seaside resort. See More
The Bodrum EDITION Bodrum (Bodrum/Muğla) 101 rooms from £312Beach Life - With access to its own private beach and lots more to explore down the Aegean coastline, this is a perfect beach retreatSights nearby - Great nearby sights include St Peter’s Castle and the stunning Bodrum AmphitheatreLocal markets - Check out Gumusluk area for artisan stalls and quirky shopsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
Luxury hotel arranged on prettily descending terraces featuring olive trees and plants, leading to an infinity pool and beach bar. Minimal-chic interiors feature cool white marble and massive potted plants, while elegant rooms are fresh with a muted palette. Expect innovative gourmet cuisine. See More
Maçakizi Bodrum (Türkbükü) 74 rooms from £334Views - Stunning views over the AegeanBeach LifeFamiliesSpa - Nuxe spa with outdoor treatment tentsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape, CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
Lujo Hotel Bodrum (48450) 15 rooms from £396Local exploring - With beautiful natural surroundings and a picturesque fishing village close by, there is lots to explore local to the hotelFamilies - The hotel's private villas are designed for families, with extra living space and multiple bedroomsActive Holiday - With a waterpark, watersports and cycling trips available, this hotel makes a great active breakBeach Life - Boasting a number of private beaches, this hotel is perfect for an indulgent seaside getawayRecommended by - Tablet
This luxury hotel overlooks Güvercinlik Bay in Bodrum, Turkey. Contemporary suites boast exposed stone walls, plush furniture and sea views; book a forest room for a back-to-nature retreat. Relax by the beach or in the spa before enjoying one of the hotel's many fine dining experiences; a chic stay. See More
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Bodrum 76 rooms from £354Spa breaks - Take advantage of the excellent facilities on offer at this hotel and book a spa package for your holidayBeach Life - Located on an exclusive private beach, this resort is a perfect option for a relaxing seaside breakRomantic Break - Couple's love the hotel's chic interiors and the terrace suites with sea viewsSailing - Charter a private yacht from the hotel's own jetty and enjoy a day sailing the crystalline waters of the AegeanRecommended by - Tablet
This hotel is the Bodrum edition of the exclusive Nikki Beach hotel group. Guests can choose between rooms, suites or private villas, dressed in classic white with gold accents; the best suites offer a private terrace with sea views. Indulge in a treatment at the chic hotel spa; a stylish resort. See More
Amanruya Bodrum (Demir Mevkii) 36 rooms from £728Total relaxation - With a peaceful, countryside location, well-appointed rooms and on-site spa and restaurant, experience total relaxation hereSpa breaks - Book a spa break at this resort and enjoy a range of healing Turkish therapies in a beautiful natural settingRomantic Break - Experience a unique romantic getaway at one of the hotel's discreet pavillions with a private poolGreat walks - Explore the beautiful countryside surrounding the resort on a long walkRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This exclusive resort is nestled on the historic Bodrum Peninsula. Rooms are located in traditional pavillions with sleek interiors, where dark wood furnishings contrast with crisp white linens. Pavillions open onto a private pool and the best have sea views. Relax in the chic spa; a unique resort. See More
Mandarin Oriental Bodrum (Golturkbuku) 129 rooms from £947Families - With spacious suites and self-contained apartments available, this hotel has lots of options for familiesSpa breaks - With a chic spa on-site boasting first-class facilities, this hotel is a perfect choice for a spa breakBeach Life - With two private beaches, this hotel makes an ideal choice for an indulgent beach holidaySights nearby - Relive history by seeing a show at the Greek amphitheatre in Bodrum, located close to the hotel
This luxury, five-star resort is located on Paradise Bay, Bodrum. Choose between contemporary rooms, suites or self-contained apartments; the best offer multiple bedrooms, living space and a private terrace with sea views. Book into the sleek hotel spa before dinner at the beach club. A chic resort. See More