- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Goreme
Right in amongst Cappadocia’s magical ‘fairy chimneys’, the delicately eroding volcanic pillars which spike up unexpectedly from this lunar landscape, and its cliffs crenelated like honeycomb, Göreme is so beautiful that it really does defy description. It's not entirely unspoilt: a destination this beautiful is bound to attract visitors, but it somehow manages to retain its feeling of being a traditional village. And one where visitors are welcomed. Many of the best places to stay in Göreme have been converted from traditional cave dwellings, so you’re sleeping in rooms and suites cut into the cliffs. However if the idea of sleeping underground leaves you cold then your Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Göreme does offer alternatives.
What Not To Miss
- Göreme town started off as a farming hamlet of honey-coloured stone and cave dwellings, but its beauty has been a bit of a curse and it’s not quite what it was - though if you explore the back alleys you’ll still see its charm and the more rural way of life which is still going on here, despite its popularity with visitors.
- The Göreme Open Air Museum is a regional highlight, with it its myriad of wonderful Byzantine churches, chapels and monasteries, and all their frescoes and paintings. There’s a lot to see on this site and you’ll need a bare minimum of two hours, but a day would be better.
- Pigeon Valley, between Uçhisar and Göreme is definitely worth exploring - it’s about a two hour walk between towns. Once you get to Uçhisar you can view the whole region from its highest point, Uçhisar castle, carved dramatically into the rock.
- You might also want to stroll the trails around the Rose Valley, for the best views.
- Or take one of the famous balloon rides, soaring above the dramatic landscape with sensational views. These are made all the more spectacular with all the other soaring hot air balloons combining to create an iconic image.
The town is a busy place during the peak summer months, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Goreme, you'll need to be organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Goreme
- The Fairy Chimney Inn is one of the best places to stay in Cappadocia if you're looking for a traditional Turkish cave hotel experience. Rooms are decoratively sparse, but have wonderful rugs and local textiles, and you're cut into the rocks remember, so there are impressively carved fireplaces and many nooks and crannies. Some rooms sleep up to six, so this is also ideal for families.
For traditional elegance
- If you don't like the idea of sleeping below ground but you still want a cave hotel experience, the Sultan Cave Suites are an excellent compromise. This regal house is cut into the side of a cliff, so while some of the 30 rooms are cut into the rock they're not below the earth - obviously the impressive views of Göreme are a bonus as well.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of properties from cave houses to centrally-located properties - meaning there's something for everyone.
- Fly to Nevşehir Kapadokya Airport located 43km (26 miles) from Goreme. The airport caters to various domestic destinations in Turkey along with others further afield.
- Alternatively, catch a bus to Goreme with bus links to major destinations including Istanbul.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the end of April to June and September to October typically provide warm days with low chance of rain.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Göreme for you?
Best Hotels in Goreme
Fairy Chimney Inn 14 rooms from $63Goreme (Aydinli Mahallesi)
A rustic hotel that offers a traditional Turkish experience. Rooms (some sleep up to 6) are sparse in decoration with stone walls, killim rugs, and fireplaces. Fantastic authentic Turkish cuisine and cooking lessons. A great value choice for groups of friends and families exploring the area.Groups - Some rooms sleep up to 6.FamiliesViews - Great views from hotelValue chic
Sultan Cave Suites 30 rooms from $91Goreme
A wonderfully traditional Sultanesque house with huge cavernous rooms. Bedrooms and suites are sparsely decorated but elegant with stone walls, attractive beds, and killim rugs. Lovely open-air restaurant and lots to do in the hills around.Views - Wonderful views over the surrounding countryside from the stone terracesGreat walks - Fantastic walking and hiking in the areaSights nearby - Cappadocia Cultural Centre on siteFour poster beds - For romantics.