Search the best hotels in Jersey
Jersey is the largest Channel Island, a vibrant, yet historically fascinating place with a delicious blend of French and British influences, great food, and wonderful beaches and ocean views. Our Gurus have drawn the best places to stay on Jersey from the island’s wide range of accommodation options, and have picked out a pub-with-rooms used in the filming of Bergerac, a couple of hip city-style hotels in St. Helier, Victorian grande dames, and hotels promising bucket-and-spade charm. Our pick of the Jersey hotels offer the right mix of bases for island exploits as varied as hiking the dramatically varied coastline, uncovering historic sites, or partying in buzzy St. Helier.
St. Helier is a very modern ferry port, where contemporary design and development are constantly taking place to accommodate the island’s position as a global financial centre. So expect plenty of glass and steel shooting up alongside traditional seaside resorts and grand beachfront hotels. St. Helier also has the hip bars and trendy restaurants and is a hub for the island’s foodie scene. Some visitors will want to uncover Jersey’s history, and visit turreted Mont Orgueil Castle, striking Elizabeth Castle in St Aubin’s Bay, and the impressive Jersey War Tunnels, commemorating the German occupation of Jersey during WWII. The Channel Islands were the only UK territories invaded and occupied, and the records of that period offer a fascinating insight into the war.
The best places to stay in Jersey have plenty to offer families and those seeking a more outdoorsy holiday too. There’s no shortage of walking trails or cycling routes, and the coastline varies from rocky clifftops to wide, sandy bays, so appeals to hikers, kite-surfers, sailors, swimmers and beach belles alike. Take a dip at Greve de Lecq or St Brelade’s Bay, kite surf at St Ouen’s Bay, or consider a guided walk along the sea beds of the south eastern coast. Little ones will love Jersey Zoo, established by the famed naturalist and writer Gerald Durrell in 1959.
The Best Places to Stay on Jersey
For an Island Escape
- The St Brelade's Bay Hotel is a grande dame of Jersey hotels, and has been offering luxurious seaside stays since the 19th century. It’s an excellent choice if you’re looking for incredible views, exemplary service, historic interiors and wonderful afternoon teas in the lovely gardens. Set just back from the beach, this hotel has uninterrupted views of the whole sweep of the bay, and many of the 74 rooms and suites have water views, and some balconies for enjoying them on. There’s an outdoor pool in the garden, and an indoor pool in the spa and gym.
For Ocean Views
- The Atlantic Hotel offers spectacular views over St. Ouen's Bay, as well as superb facilities — think tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and a gym. There’s a golf course just next door, walks aplenty, and the Ocean Restaurant, where you can expect fine dining with impressive views. There are just 50 rooms and suites, but they offer a good range of sizes and configurations.
For a Beach Break
- L'Horizon Hotel & Spa is a stylish beachfront hotel on St Brelade’s Bay. Whilst the hotel itself dates back to 1850, the rooms are smart and contemporary, and the hotel now offers a spa, indoor pool and excellent restaurant. Family suites, dedicated children’s menus and kids’ pool times make this a wonderful choice if travelling with little ones!
- The Royal Yacht is a super-sleek, large hotel in bustling St. Helier. It’s not just the number of rooms and suites that makes this a large hotel — there are 109 — it’s also the facilities which include a huge indoor pool, impressive spa and gym, and several popular and buzzing restaurants. After work the hotel bar fills up with locals, and there’s often a DJ or live bands.
- Also in St. Helier, The Club Hotel & Spa is a trendy choice, with a slightly Japanese feel to the minimalist contemporary decor, a cool bar, an impressive spa, and a superb restaurant. The bar is a good recommendation, even if you’re not staying in The Club Hotel; it’s known for its great cocktails and fun atmosphere.
- Longueville Manor is a a striking fourteenth century manor house in St. Saviour, surrounded by mature gardens with space for tennis courts, a croquet lawn and an outdoor pool. There’s also a charming terrace. Converted from a 1940s built manor house, Longueville is a relaxed, and relaxing place to stay, with 30 elegant rooms and suites, a spa and fitness facilities, and a fantastic restaurant. Interconnecting rooms, treasure hunts and specialised nature walks make this a great family-friendly choice, whilst luxurious suites also promise romantic bliss for couples.
- Greenhills Country House Hotel offers a charming getaway in St. Peter’s Valley, in the verdant heart of Jersey. Guests here can relax in one of 33 individually decorated, characterful rooms; enjoy lazy afternoons by the tranquil pool; or explore the flower-filled gardens and winding country lanes on foot or by bicycle, before returning to the roaring fires of the farmhouse sitting room.
For Great Value
- The Old Court House Inn is a boutique B&B in an historic building overlooking St Aubin’s Harbour, which is at the end of the long, tidal beach that runs between St. Helier and St. Brelade. While it’s now a cheery pub and guesthouse, this building was, originally, the courthouse — the courtroom is now the restaurant, and the Judge’s Chambers have become a private dining room. There are only eight rooms, our favourites ome with views over the marina, all decorated with rustic charm and a collection of retro details. The pub and restaurant are both known for their seafood, with the restaurant offering some sophisticated dishes. Relaxed and friendly.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Cottage?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- There are regular flights to Jersey Airport from airports around the UK, as well as ferries to Jersey from Poole or Portsmouth. If you arrive by plane, the airport is close to St. Peter, which is about ten minutes by car from St. Helier, or around half an hour on the bus. The ferry port is in St. Helier. The Channel Islands are on the very French side of the English Channel, so the shortest ferry routes are from Saint-Malo. If you want to travel between the islands there are plenty of ferries, but the timetables vary with the seasons and demand.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- The Channel Islands enjoy more sunshine than most of the UK, while still remaining lush and green. They're ideal for a beach break, especially if you’re interested in a bucket and spade holiday, and there are some wonderful walking opportunities. Because of their sandy beaches, the Channel Islands are a popular summer holiday destination, but that’s partly to do with the school holidays, and there are lots of reason to visit the Channel Islands in spring and early autumn too. We recommend months with longer days, but there’s no reason you can’t enjoy the Channel Islands come the cooler months too, especially if you enjoy blustery clifftop walks.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search and consider our Gurus’ recommendations for the best places to stay in the Channel Islands
- Consider one of the other Channel Islands, maybe one of the best places to stay on Guernsey, Alderney, Sark or Herm
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Jersey
Best Hotels in Jersey
The Royal Yacht ST HELIER, Jersey 109 rooms from £85Total relaxation - Complete with spoiling spa, excellent service and three restaurants to choose from. Ideal for a relaxing weekend away.Surfing - The west coast beaches which face the Atlantic Ocean and are ideal for surfing.Sights nearby - Visit Elizabeth Castle a 16th century fortress on a rocky islet.Sea Views - From some rooms.
The Club Hotel & Spa St Helier, Jersey 46 rooms from £99Restaurant - Bohemia Restaurant is one of the best on the islandSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolsSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Greenhills Country House Hotel Jersey 33 rooms from £115Country Escape - Located in the rural heart of Jersey boasting a pretty floral garden, roaring fires and warm welcome.Great walks - Explore the island on foot on long walks along the coastal path.Surfing - Find superb surfing conditions on the island's west beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A country house hotel tucked away in the verdant heart of Jersey. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional styles with crisp white linen and hints of tartan fabrics. This is the place for a quiet getaway; enjoy the garden bursting with flowers, the tranquil outdoor pool and the characterful bar. See More
The Old Court House Inn St Brélade, Jersey 8 rooms from £120Local exploring - A cosy spot to return to after a day exploring the island.Great walks - Explore the island on foot along the picturesque coastal paths.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Elizabeth Castle.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
L'Horizon Hotel & Spa St Brelade, Jersey 105 rooms from £130Restaurant - Several dining options including The Grill which serves locally caught seafood.Swimming Pool - Indoor Heated PoolSpaTraditional
The Atlantic Hotel St Brelade, Jersey 50 rooms from £150Views - Lovely views of the Atlantic ocean.Restaurant - Fabulous dining at The Ocean RestaurantSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels
St Brelade's Bay Hotel Jersey 74 rooms from £150Total relaxation - A coastal property complete with top-notch service, a spoiling spa and quiet location.Great walks - Explore the island by foot on long walks along the coastal path.Sights nearby - Nearby lavender farm and the medieval fisherman’s chapelTennis - Play a game on the hotel's courts.
Longueville Manor St Saviour, Jersey 30 rooms from £170Traditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux