- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Jersey
Jersey is a fascinating blend of both British and French influences. It’s also the largest of the Channel Islands, and the financial capital, so there is a bit of glitz and glamour along this 48miles worth of impressive coastline, as well as a mix of rugged cliffs and sandy beaches. With plenty of walking and/ or cycling tracks between them. Views are key here, and most of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Jersey have breathtaking ones.
Jersey’s position as an offshore finance centre has influenced recent design - there's lots of glass and steel shooting up beside more traditional looking seaside resorts and grand hotels. There are also a number of flash bars and restaurants - including three which have been awarded a Michelin star - to spend any excess finance in. But the island’s history, especially during WW2 when it was occupied by the Germans, is another huge draw for visitors.
Jersey’s climate feels almost tropical compared to the rest of the UK, and as a consequence it's a hugely popular summer holiday destination. The range of properties on the island is wide but our selection of the best places to stay in Jersey offers something for everyone from grown up luxury to family friendly beach front resort.
What not to Miss
- Stories of Jersey’s dramatic WW2 occupation are recounted in the rather spooky surrounds of the Jersey War Tunnels Museum, a series of underground tunnels, dug using slave labour. You’ll come across ruined gun emplacements and bunkers still visible along the coastline.
- Families will be interested to hear that Jersey also has a renowned zoo, founded by famous naturalist Gerald Durrell, which has a focus on protecting endangered species, and breeding them for release.
- Jersey is small, only nine miles by five, but it’s got two castles, well this is still part of the Dukedom of Normandy! Mont Orgueil Castle dates from 1204 but has been regularly modified, most recently by the Nazis. Elizabeth Castle is a charming 16th century castle overlooking St Aubin’s Bay.
- Jersey also has several museums and a lavender farm.
And then of course there are the rest of the Channel Islands to explore - a real time travelling experience, considering some of them don't even have cars or streetlights!
Do plan ahead if you want to book a summer holiday - the best places to stay in Jersey will get booked up way in advance. Alternatively come in the quieter months and really get to know this special island.
The Best Places to Stay on Jersey
To treat yourself!
- If you're looking for a room with a view, and a Michelin star try The Atlantic Hotel on Jersey. There's a spa and gym, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, and a golf course just next door. There's also great walks starting from just outside the door. This resort will keep you busy for an extended stay.
- Another of Jersey's Michelin stars can be found at The Club Hotel & Spa, a 'city style' hotel in the centre of St. Helier. As the name suggests the vibe is modern and boutique-y.
For an island escape
- Built in the 14th Century, Longueville Manor and estate has been carefully converted, over the course of seven decades, into an excellent boutique hotel. Here care is taken over everything, and the result is unfussy luxury.
For a seaside break
- If you're looking for somewhere to install your family on a traditional seaside holiday, one of the best places to stay in Jersey is L'Horizon Hotel & Spa. Right on the beach of St. Brelade's Bay, this hotel has been booking families into its sea-view rooms since 1850. Of course it's totally modernised now, and even has a spa and heated, indoor pool for when the weather is a bit disappointing.
For a holiday cottage or apartment
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self catering house or private apartment we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you’re in the UK it’s really easy to get to Jersey. Jersey Airport, which is about 7kms northwest of St Helier, is connected to many UK airports. Or you can catch a ferry - complete with your fully packed car if you like - from Poole, which takes about four and a half hours, or Portsmouth, which takes about eight hours.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Jersey’s weather is similar to that of the UK and Normandy, but with a bit more sunshine and a bit more rain. There are four distinct seasons: dry summers where maximum temperatures are around 19°C, cooler; wetter autumns, with average maximum temperatures 18°C in September, but down to a frosty 11°C in November; cold, frosty winters, where temperatures hit maximums of 7°C or 8°C; and wet springs which take a while to warm up, but which are pleasant when they do.
- Summer is definitely the best time to go if you’re looking for the long, sunny days the island is known for.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Jersey for you?
Best Hotels in Jersey
The Club Hotel & Spa 46 rooms from $129St Helier, Jersey
Chic hotel in the heart of St Helier with a top spa & Michelin starred restaurant. Sleek contemporary styling in the bedrooms. A good choice if you want to stay in the heart of the action.Restaurant - Bohemia Restaurant holds one Michelin Star.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolsSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
L'Horizon Hotel & Spa 105 rooms from $169St Brelade, Jersey
Beach front property overlooking St Brelade's Bay. Spacious rooms many with great views over the bay. Plenty of dining options plus spa and health club. Ideal for a family seaside holiday.Swimming Pool - Indoor Heated PoolSpaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
The Atlantic Hotel 50 rooms from $195St Brelade, Jersey
Stylish hotel with stunning views and Michelin starred dining overlooking St Ouen's Bay. Golf next door, and extensive spa facilities make this a great resort hotel for an extended holiday.Restaurant - Michelin Starred dining at The Ocean RestaurantViews - Lovely views of the Atlantic ocean.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Longueville Manor 30 rooms from $221St Saviour, Jersey
Country estate style 14th century manor house hotel with lovely gardens around a pool. Excellent facilities including tennis court & croquet lawn, and fine dining. Four poster beds and traditional, luxury furnishings. Deeply comfortable.Traditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel