Search the best hotels in Jersey
The largest of the Channel Islands, Jersey is a fascinating blend of both British and French influences, fusing glitz and glamour with spectacular sea views. There is a wide range of accommodation available, from simple B&Bs to luxurious resort hotels, catering to an array of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Jersey promise a beautiful base from which to explore the island’s highlights – whether you’re eager to party in buzzing St Helier, to visit intriguing historical landmarks, or to hike along Jersey’s rugged coastline.
Recent design has been greatly influenced by Jersey’s position as a financial centre, with lots of glass and steel shooting up alongside traditional seaside resorts and grand beachfront hotels. The island’s capital, St Helier, is home to several trendy bars and restaurants — one of which boasts a Michelin star — and has become a hub for Jersey's buzzing social and foodie scene. The island’s fascinating history can be glimpsed through visits to turreted Mont Orgueil Castle or to striking Elizabeth Castle in St Aubin’s Bay, and to the impressive Jersey War Tunnels, commemorating the German Occupation of Jersey during the Second World War.
Jersey is a wonderful destination for lovers of the great outdoors, too, and there’s no shortage of country walks, coastal hikes, beachside ambles and bike rides to stretch your legs while admiring stunning sea views. Alternatively, get out on the water with a dip at Greve de Lecq or St Brelade’s Bay, kite surfing at St Ouen’s Bay or a guided walk along the sea beds of the south eastern coast. Little ones will love Jersey Zoo, established by the famed naturalist and writer Gerald Durrell in 1959.
With 48 miles of coastline to discover, fantastic foodie spots and history aplenty, Jersey is an excellent destination for the whole family, particularly during the summer months. Many of the best places to stay in Jersey offers breathtaking views of the island’s natural wonders, but special spots do fill up fast, so book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
The best places to stay in Jersey
- The Atlantic Hotel offers spectacular views over St Ouen's Bay, as well as superb facilities — think tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and a gym. There’s a golf course just next door, walks aplenty, and spacious, contemporary rooms perfect for relaxing. The exceptional Ocean Restaurant offers sensational fine dining with impressive views.
- The Club Hotel & Spa boasts slick, modern design in the heart of St Helier. Michelin-starred Bohemia, headed by the ultra-talented Steve Smith, is a hands-down highlight. Pick this spot for trendy city style & fabulous food.
For a country retreat
- Longueville Manor features 30 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites in a striking fourteenth century manor house. Highlights include a lovely pool, rejuvenating spa, tennis and fitness facilities, as well as a fantastic restaurant. Interconnecting rooms, treasure hunts and specialised nature walks make this a great family-friendly choice, whilst luxurious suites also promise romantic bliss for couples.
- Greenhills Country House Hotel offers a charming getaway in the verdant heart of Jersey. Relax in cosy, characterful rooms, enjoy lazy afternoons by the tranquil pool, or explore the flower-filled gardens and winding country lanes on foot or by bicycle before returning to the roaring fires of the farmhouse sitting room.
For a seaside break
- L'Horizon Hotel & Spa is a stylish beachfront hotel on St Brelade’s Bay. Whilst the hotel itself dates back to 1850, rooms are smart and contemporary, and there’s a spa, indoor pool and excellent restaurant. Family suites, dedicated children’s menus and kids’ pool times make this a wonderful choice if travelling with little ones!
- St Brelade's Bay has been offering luxurious seaside stays since the 19th century. Go for exemplary service, historic interiors, exhilarating sea views and summer afternoon teas in the garden. There’s a great spa, too!
- The Old Court House Inn is a boutique B&B in an historic building overlooking St Aubin’s Harbour. Pick this place for small but immaculate rooms with cheerful retro styling, a lively bar and a popular restaurant with a terrace overlooking the bay.
For city style
- The Royal Yacht features stylish, well-equipped rooms, a tranquil adults-only spa and swimming pool and some of the best nightlife in St Helier. Ideal for weekend city breaks in a super-slick central spot.
For a holiday cottage or apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are regular flights to Jersey Airport from airports around the UK, as well as ferries to Jersey from Poole or Portsmouth. The ferry from Poole takes around 4.5 hours, whilst the one from Portsmouth takes 8 hours.
- Take your car with you on the ferry to explore Jersey, or hire a car through our online partner Rentalcars.
- The weather in Jersey is similar to that of the UK and Normandy, but with a bit more sunshine and a bit more rain. Winters are cold and frosty, whilst spring is often drizzly. Time your trip between June and September for lovely long, sunny days.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay on Guernsey.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in the Channel Islands.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Jersey
Best Hotels in Jersey
The Old Court House Inn St Brélade, Jersey 8 rooms from £80Local exploring - A cosy spot to return to after a day exploring the island.Great walks - Explore the island on foot along the picturesque coastal paths.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Elizabeth Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Royal Yacht ST HELIER, Jersey 109 rooms from £85Total relaxation - Complete with spoiling spa, excellent service and three restaurants to choose from. Ideal for a relaxing weekend away.Surfing - The west coast beaches which face the Atlantic Ocean and are ideal for surfing.Sights nearby - Visit Elizabeth Castle a 16th century fortress on a rocky islet.Spa
Greenhills Country House Hotel Jersey 33 rooms from £85Country Escape - Located in the rural heart of Jersey boasting a pretty floral garden, roaring fires and warm welcome.Great walks - Explore the island on foot on long walks along the coastal path.Surfing - Find superb surfing conditions on the island's west beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A country house hotel tucked away in the verdant heart of Jersey. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional styles with crisp white linen and hints of tartan fabrics. This is the place for a quiet getaway; enjoy the garden bursting with flowers, the tranquil outdoor pool and the characterful bar. See More
The Club Hotel & Spa St Helier, Jersey 46 rooms from £99Restaurant - Bohemia Restaurant holds one Michelin Star.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolsSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
L'Horizon Hotel & Spa St Brelade, Jersey 105 rooms from £130Swimming Pool - Indoor Heated PoolSpaTraditionalSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
The Atlantic Hotel St Brelade, Jersey 50 rooms from £150Restaurant - Fabulous award winning dining at The Ocean RestaurantViews - Lovely views of the Atlantic ocean.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels
St Brelade's Bay Hotel Jersey 74 rooms from £150Total relaxation - A coastal property complete with top-notch service, a spoiling spa and quiet location.Great walks - Explore the island by foot on long walks along the coastal path.Sights nearby - Nearby lavender farm and the medieval fisherman’s chapelSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools
Longueville Manor St Saviour, Jersey 30 rooms from £170Traditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux