Search the best hotels in Jersey
Jersey is a fascinating blend of both British and French influences. It’s also the largest of the Channel Islands, and the financial capital, so there is a bit of glitz and glamour along this 48miles worth of impressive coastline, as well as a mix of rugged cliffs and sandy beaches. With plenty of walking and/ or cycling tracks between them. Views are key here, and most of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Jersey have breathtaking ones.
Jersey’s position as an offshore finance centre has influenced recent design - there's lots of glass and steel shooting up beside more traditional looking seaside resorts and grand hotels. There are also several flash bars and restaurants - including three which have been awarded a Michelin star - to spend any excess cash in! But the island’s history, especially during WW2 when it was occupied by the Germans, is another huge draw for visitors.
And then of course there are the rest of the Channel Islands to explore - a real time travelling experience, considering some of them don't even have cars or streetlights!
Jersey’s climate feels almost tropical compared to the rest of the UK, and as a consequence, it's a hugely popular summer holiday destination. The range of properties on the island is wide but our selection of the best places to stay in Jersey offers something for everyone from grown-up luxury to family-friendly beachfront resorts.
The best places to stay in Jersey
For Michelin starred dining
- If you're looking for a room with a view, and a Michelin starred restaurant, try The Atlantic Hotel on Jersey. There's a spa and gym, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, and a golf course just next door. There's also great walks starting from just outside the door.
- Another of Jersey's Michelin stars can be found at The Club Hotel & Spa, a 'city style' hotel in the centre of St. Helier. As the name suggests the vibe is modern and boutiquey.
For an island escape
- Built in the 14th Century, Longueville Manor and estate has been carefully converted, over the course of seven decades, into an excellent boutique hotel. Here care is taken over everything, and the result is unfussy luxury.
- Greenhills Country House Hotel is tucked away in the verdant heart of Jersey. This is the place for a quiet getaway; enjoy the garden bursting with flowers, the tranquil outdoor pool and the characterful bar.
For a seaside break
- If you're looking for somewhere to install your family on a traditional seaside holiday, one of the best places to stay in Jersey is L'Horizon Hotel & Spa. Right on the beach of St. Brelade's Bay, this hotel has been booking families into its sea-view rooms since 1850. Of course, it's modernised now, and even has a spa and heated, indoor pool for when the weather is a bit disappointing.
- Set right on the beach this is a Grande Dame of Jersey hotels, St Brelade's Bay has been serving up luxury island stays since the 19th century. Go for exemplary service, historic interiors, exhilarating sea views and summer afternoon teas in the garden.
For a boutique
- The Old Court House Inn is a boutique B&B in an historic building overlooking St Aubin’s Harbour. Small, but immaculate rooms, with cheerful retro styling; a lively bar with al fresco terrace and a popular restaurant.
- The Royal Yacht is a super-sleek town-centre hotel offering the full boutique experience: stylish and well-equipped rooms, a tranquil spa and swimming pool, a range of excellent dining options and some of the best nightlife in St Helier. Ideal for weekend breaks.
For a holiday cottage or apartment
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self catering house or private apartment we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you’re in the UK it’s really easy to get to Jersey. Jersey Airport, which is about 7kms northwest of St Helier, is connected to many UK airports. Or you can catch a ferry - complete with your fully packed car if you like - from Poole, which takes about four and a half hours, or Portsmouth, which takes about eight hours.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Jersey’s weather is similar to that of the UK and Normandy, but with a bit more sunshine and a bit more rain. There are four distinct seasons: dry summers where maximum temperatures are around 19°C. Cooler, wetter autumns, with average maximum temperatures 18°C in September, but down to a frosty 11°C in November. Cold, frosty winters, where temperatures hit maximums of 7°C or 8°C; and wet springs which take a while to warm up, but which are pleasant when they do.
- Summer is definitely the best time to go if you’re looking for the long, sunny days the island is known for.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Jersey
The Old Court House Inn St Brélade, Jersey 8 rooms from £80Local exploring - A cosy spot to return to after a day exploring the island.Great walks - Explore the island on foot along the picturesque coastal paths.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Elizabeth Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Royal Yacht ST HELIER, Jersey 109 rooms from £85Total relaxation - Complete with spoiling spa, excellent service and three restaurants to choose from. Ideal for a relaxing weekend away.Surfing - The west coast beaches which face the Atlantic Ocean and are ideal for surfing.Sights nearby - Visit Elizabeth Castle a 16th century fortress on a rocky islet.Spa
Greenhills Country House Hotel Jersey 33 rooms from £85Country Escape - Located in the rural heart of Jersey boasting a pretty floral garden, roaring fires and warm welcome.Great walks - Explore the island on foot on long walks along the coastal path.Surfing - Find superb surfing conditions on the island's west beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A country house hotel tucked away in the verdant heart of Jersey. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional styles with crisp white linen and hints of tartan fabrics. This is the place for a quiet getaway; enjoy the garden bursting with flowers, the tranquil outdoor pool and the characterful bar. See More
The Club Hotel & Spa St Helier, Jersey 46 rooms from £99Restaurant - Bohemia Restaurant holds one Michelin Star.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolsSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
L'Horizon Hotel & Spa St Brelade, Jersey 105 rooms from £130Swimming Pool - Indoor Heated PoolSpaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
The Atlantic Hotel St Brelade, Jersey 50 rooms from £150Restaurant - Michelin Starred dining at The Ocean RestaurantViews - Lovely views of the Atlantic ocean.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels
St Brelade's Bay Hotel Jersey 74 rooms from £150Total relaxation - A coastal property complete with top-notch service, a spoiling spa and quiet location.Great walks - Explore the island by foot on long walks along the coastal path.Sights nearby - Nearby lavender farm and the medieval fisherman’s chapelSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools
Longueville Manor St Saviour, Jersey 30 rooms from £170Traditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux