- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Herm
One and a half miles long and just half a mile wide, Herm is tiny, car-free and its hills are strewn with wild flowers. It has clean, white shores and the whole island is owned by one family firm. They own the accommodation, the pub, and pretty much all the facilities. It’s about 30minutes by boat from Guernsey and definitely worth popping by. The best places to stay on Herm all have fantastic sea views.
What Not To Miss
- Stroll or swim at Shell Beach with it's white sand and blue water making it look straight out of the Caribbean. The beach is often quiet ensuring it can be a tranquil experience with just you and the sound of the waves.
- Pay a visit to the quaint St Tugual's Chapel, a peaceful chapel surrounded by flowers. The interior also has lovely stained glass windows which are worth seeing.
- Take a tour of the island's gardens with numerous varieties of flora. The tour also informs visitors about island life and the history.
- Alternatively, enjoy the surroundings of Herm Island through kayaking or paddle boarding - a fun and active way to see this tiny island.
The best places to stay on Herm allow visitors to totally unwind away from the shackles of technology and enjoy the beautiful natural assets of the island.
For a total escape
- The White House Hotel is a family friendly hotel in stunning location on the tiny island of Herm - no cars allowed. Laid back retreat, devoid of TVs or telephones, for getting away from it all. With pool and award-winning gardens and a beautiful island to explore.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of quaint properties ideal for exploring Herm Island.
- Fly to Guernsey Airport located only 6km (3.7 miles) from St Peter Port on Guernsey. The airport connects to mainland UK destinations including London and Manchester.
- Visitors can then take a ferry from Guernsey to Herm Island on a short journey taking only 20 minutes.
- Although there are no cars on Herm, if you want to rent a car for the other Channel Islands, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September typically provide the nicest weather for enjoying the beaches and gardens on the island.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Herm
The White House Hotel Herm 40 rooms from £158Herm
Family friendly hotel in stunning location on the tiny island of Herm - no cars allowed. Laid back retreat, devoid of TVs or telephones, for getting away from it all. With pool and award-winning gardens, and a beautiful island to explore.Great walks - A coastal path circles the island.Views - Sweeping views of sea and sky.Garden - Britain in Bloom Gold Award.Child friendly - High teas provided.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide