- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Padstow
Rick Stein has changed Padstow from a peaceful fishing village into a cosmopolitan foodie destination. What hasn’t changed is the perfect seaside setting just across the Camel Estuary from Rock with the rows of pretty pastel cottages and fishermen bringing in their nets. It takes a lot of fish to supply Rick’s collection of restaurants, his hotel - which appears on our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Padstow - cooking school and fish and chip bar.
A lot of people aspire to having a second home in Padstow - and some lucky people do. The West-London-on-Sea effect has made an impact and there are some excellent boutiques and great hotels. Padstow is still affordable however and two of our recommendations for the best places to stay in Padstow start from under £100 a night.
What Not To Miss
- The new boutiques, galleries, bars, restaurants and cafes squeezed into Padstow’s narrow lanes and seafront.
- Padstow still has some of Cornwall's famous pasty shops and pubs of yore which guarantee visitors a different sort of culinary experience in this food-famous village.
- It has dozens of beaches nearby, all facing different directions, so you can be sure of finding a sheltered option whatever the wind and tide are doing. Or a rollicking one if you came here to surf.
- Enjoy an ice cream in the quaint Padstow harbour and watch the boats come and go - alternatively explore the variety of little shops and restaurants
- If you’re here for a foodie break and have tried Stein’s seafood in Padstow, you might also consider heading across the estuary in one of the little yellow ferries to sup on the Michelin starred offering of Nathan Outlaw in Rock.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Padstow has something for all visitors, from those on a tight-budget to foodies - ensuring everyone can enjoy the delights this quaint village has to offer.
- Rick Stein’s famous Seafood Restaurant now has 39 rooms attached - scattered around six different buildings throughout Padstow. They are simple rooms, in Cornish blues and white, right on the dock where you can watch the fishermen bringing in the catch ready to serve up in your hotel’s restaurant.
For a value escape
- Treverbyn House has just three rooms, each individually decorated with antiques and offering beautiful views down into Padstow and out onto the harbour. You’re just a short walk from some amazing beaches and some amazing food - the Full English served here is supposed to be very good.
- Woodlands Country House is an antique-filled, brightly coloured Victorian conversion with just eight rooms and a delightful terrace and gardens.
Chic and Central
- Centrally located for exploring the village, Padstow Townhouse is a chic converted townhouse. Six beautifully designed suites give a traditional feel with antique style furniture offset with state of the art mod-cons and luxurious modern bathrooms. There's no restaurant on site but the owner's excellent Number 6 is just down the road. A charming option.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a variety of apartments and cottages located both in Padstow and in the charming countryside beyond.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located only 21km (13 miles) from Padstow with numerous connections to other locations
- Catch a train to Bodmin Parkway located 38km (24 miles) from Padstow. Whilst there are other slightly nearer train stations, they have limited access via public transport.
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore the beautiful Cornish countryside beyond Padstow, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September provide the warmest weather, although are also the busiest - so book early to avoid disappointment.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Padstow
Treverbyn House 3 rooms from £75Padstow, Cornwall
Under the same ownership for over 20 years, Treverbyn House is a well oiled machine. With just three rooms, each individually decorated with exposed wood floors, antique furnishings, fireplaces and impressive views. A famous Full English is served. The property is a short walk from Padstow Harbour.Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country. Harlyn Surf School caters for beginners and improvers.Local markets - Padstow Harbour, a traditional fishing town, is worth a wander.Sailing - Daily boat trips run from Padstow to Rock.Full of character
Padstow Townhouse 6 rooms from £280Padstow (North Cornwall)
A chic converted townhouse. Six beautifully designed suites give a traditional feel with antique style furniture off set with state of the art mod-cons and luxurious modern bathrooms. There's no restaurant on site but the owner's excellent Number 6 is just down the road. A charming option.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Padstow and within striking distance of the coast and surrounding countryside.Foodies - With Paul Ainsworth as the co-owner his excellent restaurant Number 6 is not to be missed.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Prideaux Place and stroll through the formal gardens and deer park.Great walks - Take a long coastal walk along the rugged coastline.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Treglos Hotel 42 rooms from £130Padstow (North Cornwall)
Situated a few miles to the west of Padstow, Treglos Hotel is an excellent modern place. Featuring smart rooms, a superb restaurant and an indoor swimming pool, Treglos offers plenty for guests looking to explore this corner of Cornwall.Sailing - The area around Padstow is great for sailing, with sheltered water for novices and more open seas for advanced sailors.Sights nearby - Sights nearby include Newquay Aquarium and the Eden Project.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is superb for surfing.Great walks - The surrounding coastline is great for walking.
Seafood Restaurant 32 rooms from £110Padstow, Cornwall
Beautifully simple rooms attached to Rick Stein's renowned restaurant. Splashes of blue's and white give a Cornish flourish. Friendly and well trained staff are a pleasure. The restaurant hardly needs an introduction. The perfect weekend escape.Foodies - Renowned for his seafood prowess this restaurant has become a must visit for all foodies in Padstow.Back to Nature - Right on the sea, watch the fisherman at work, before head out on an exhilarating coastal ramble.Fishing - Leave from Padstow harbour for a morning fishing trip and hopefully catch some dinner!Sailing - Sail out of Padstow and explore the beautiful coastline, an idyllic day out.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Churchtown Farmhouse 3 rooms from £70Padstow (North Cornwall)
Charming B&B in the Cornish countryside near Padstow. Comprised of three delightful rooms and a wonderful garden, Churchtown Farmhouse is full of quaint character. A great launchpad for exploring the beautiful landscape and Heritage Coast around Padstow.Sailing - Padstow is the perfect launching place for sailors of all standards.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of wonderful walking trails.
The Old Custom House 23 rooms from £110Padstow (North Cornwall)
Perched on Padstow's charming quayside, this award-winning restaurant with rooms is the perfect spot for a Cornish getaway. Stylish, intimate and in the midst of the lively harbour, come for locally sourced food, and ensuite rooms with nautical furnishings and some with gorgeous roll top baths.Seaviews - Views from the rooms to the harbour are second to none with the bustle of local fishing boatsRestaurant - Hearty pub classics and award winning ales. They also blend their own coffee on site.Sights nearby - There is a charming town centre, ferries to other parts of the Cornwall coast and Rick Stein's famous fish restaurantGreat walks - The beach is close by, there is a ferry over to Rock which leads to a spectacular walk with views
Coswarth House 4 rooms from £159Padstow (North Cornwall)
Coswarth House is a charming boutique B&B in the fishing town of Padstow. The rooms are elegantly designed, featuring comfortable beds and tasteful furnishings. A great choice for those looking for a peaceful stay in Padstow.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is full of great spots for catching some waves.Great walks - Go for lovely walks along the surrounding coastline.Sailing - Padstow bay is a great spot for sailing.Romantic - Good for couples.
Woodlands Country House 8 rooms from £98Padstow, Cornwall
Charismatic owners, Hugo and Pippa, ensure that guests have an unforgettable stay. Breakfast is a veritable feast and Hugo's granola is sold throughout Padstow. Antique filled, brightly coloured rooms and bathrooms are Victorian in decor and proportions. There is a delightful terrace and garden.Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country and Waves Surf School provides lessons for all abilities.Sights nearby - The Eden Project is a must visit for the family and horticultural enthusiasts alike.Sailing - There are daily boats to the pretty seaside town of Rock.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Sawdays