Search the best hotels in Padstow
Rick Stein has changed this seaside town from a peaceful fishing village into a cosmopolitan foodie destination. What hasn’t changed is the perfect seaside setting just across the Camel Estuary from Rock with the rows of pretty pastel cottages and fishermen bringing in their nets. The hotels in Padstow reflect everything the town stands for, at once both as chic as anything you might find in London yet filled with plenty of Cornish charm.
A lot of people aspire to having a second home in Padstow - and some lucky people do. The West-London-on-Sea effect has made an impact and there are some excellent boutiques (both stores and hotels). Padstow is still affordable however and one of our recommendations for the best places to stay in Padstow starts from under £100 a night.
Padstow still has some of Cornwall's famous pasty shops and pubs of yore which guarantee visitors a different sort of culinary experience in this food-famous town. And snacks such as these make a great accompaniment when visiting some of the dozens of beaches nearby.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Padstow has something for all visitors, from those on a tight-budget to foodies - ensuring everyone can enjoy the delights this quaint village has to offer.
The Best Places to Stay in Padstow
- The Old Custom House is perched on Padstow's charming quayside. This award-winning restaurant with rooms is the perfect spot for a Cornish getaway. Stylish, intimate and in the midst of the lively harbour, come for locally sourced food, and ensuite rooms with nautical furnishings and some with gorgeous roll top baths.
For great value
- Treverbyn House has just three rooms, each individually decorated with antiques and offering beautiful views down into Padstow and out onto the harbour. You’re just a short walk from some amazing beaches and some amazing food.
For a boutique stay
- Centrally located for exploring the village, Padstow Townhouse is a chic converted townhouse. Six beautifully designed suites give a traditional feel with antique style furniture offset with state of the art mod-cons and luxurious modern bathrooms. There's no restaurant on site but the owner's excellent, Michelin starred Number 6 is just down the road. A charming option.
- Coswarth House is a charming boutique B&B. The rooms are elegantly designed, featuring comfortable beds and tasteful furnishings. A great choice for those looking for a peaceful stay in Padstow.
Prefer an apartment or cottage?
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a variety of apartments and cottages located both in Padstow and in the charming countryside beyond.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located only 21km (13 miles) from Padstow. Or you could catch a train to Bodmin Parkway located 38km (24 miles) from Padstow, and then catch a bus from there.
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore the beautiful Cornish countryside beyond Padstow, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September provide the warmest weather, although are also the busiest - so book early to avoid disappointment.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rock,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Padstow
Best Hotels in Padstow
The Pig at Harlyn Bay Padstow (North Cornwall) 30 rooms from £150Restaurant - Delicious food with ingredients either sourced from the extensive kitchen garden or from suppliers within 25 milesGreat walks - Cornwall offers wonderful walking countryside with plenty of marked paths for all abillitiesSurfing - This area of Corwall is renowned for its superb surfing conditionsSpa - The Potting Shed offers a wide range of relaxing treatments
The Cornish outpost of The Pig group offers everything you've come to expect and more: shabby chic interiors, excellent friendly service, delicious food from locally sourced produce plus a Lobster Shed and bar. A stone's throw from family friendly Harlyn Beach, just outside buzzing Padstow. See More
The Old Custom House Padstow (North Cornwall) 23 rooms from £110Local exploring - Close proximity to Padstow's medieval harbour famous for fishing and excellent craft shops and a small independent cinemaSeaviews - Views from the rooms to the harbour are second to none with the bustle of local fishing boatsRestaurant - Hearty pub classics and award winning ales. They also blend their own coffee on site.Sights nearby - There is a charming town centre, ferries to other parts of the Cornwall coast and Rick Stein's famous fish restaurant
Perched on Padstow's charming quayside, this award-winning restaurant with rooms is the perfect spot for a Cornish getaway. Stylish, intimate and in the midst of the lively harbour, come for locally sourced food, and ensuite rooms with nautical furnishings and some with gorgeous roll top baths. See More
Treverbyn House Padstow, Cornwall 3 rooms from £135Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country. Harlyn Surf School caters for beginners and improvers.Local markets - Padstow Harbour, a traditional fishing town, is worth a wander.Sailing - Daily boat trips run from Padstow to Rock.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Under the same ownership for over 20 years, Treverbyn House is a well oiled machine. With just three rooms, each individually decorated with exposed wood floors, antique furnishings, fireplaces and impressive views. A famous Full English is served. The property is a short walk from Padstow Harbour. See More
Coswarth House Padstow (North Cornwall) 4 rooms from £159Surfing - The surrounding coastline is full of great spots for catching some waves.Great walks - Go for lovely walks along the surrounding coastline.Sailing - Padstow bay is a great spot for sailing.Romantic - Good for couples.
Padstow Harbour Hotel Padstow (North Cornwall) 58 rooms from £180Families - With family suites, board games, kids' menus, and a host of activities — this is ideal family holiday materialFoodies - There are several Michelin starred restaurants in Padstow making this a great option for a foodie breakGreat walks - Hop on the Cornish Coast Path and enjoy long walks with fabulous viewsRestaurant - Relaxed Cornish dining in the restaurantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
An elegant hotel with wonderful views over the Camel Estuary set in popular Padstow. Chic rooms are light and airy with a nautical theme seen in the colour pallette and artwork. A laidback restaurant serves Cornish fare. Outdoors is a heated pool and bikes to use. A friendly base ideal for families. See More
Padstow Townhouse Padstow (North Cornwall) 6 rooms from £280Foodies - With Paul Ainsworth as the co-owner his excellent Michelin starred restaurant Number 6 is not to be missed.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Padstow and within striking distance of the coast and surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Prideaux Place and stroll through the formal gardens and deer park.Great walks - Take a long coastal walk along the rugged coastline.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A chic converted townhouse. Six beautifully designed suites give a traditional feel with antique style furniture off set with state of the art mod-cons and luxurious modern bathrooms. There's no restaurant on site but the owner's excellent Number 6 is just down the road. A charming option. See More