- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Search the best hotels in Royal Tunbridge Wells
About Royal Tunbridge Wells
Tunbridge Wells received its 'Royal' status in 1909, care of Edward VII, but its springs and their restorative powers had been known about since the 17th Century and it was Queen Victoria who really made this spa town popular. The pretty old town is where you need to head if you want to 'take the waters' and it's conveniently located for some excellent pubs and restaurants as well as some of the best places to stay in Royal Tunbridge Wells.
What Not To Miss
- Royal Tunbridge Wells has a lively shopping street, several small museums and gardens,
- There's also some spectacular walking to be done through acres of peaceful woods and by some impressive sandstone outcrops.
- You're also near the medieval manor house and gardens of Penshurst Place and the Hop Farm Country Park.
- Take a ride back in time with an old steam railway linking Royal Tunbridge Wells to Eridge. Visitors can even enjoy fish and chips or afternoon tea on the route.
- Bayham Old Abbey should also be on your to-do list, as an English Heritage site there's various pieces of information to educate visitors on the history of the abbey.
The town is popular with weekenders escaping London, as well as tourists, so if you're wanting to book one of the best places to stay in Royal Tunbridge Wells it's best to think ahead and book early.
For a quirky B&B
- The Victorian B&B offers a wonderful opportunity to experience Victorian era living. There are just three rooms in this B&B run by Victorian devotee and former royal butler, Harold Brown, a man who also helped coach Anthony Hopkins for his role in Remains of the Day, and helped Julian Fellows with Gosford Park. The superb array of art, photographs and original antiques rival those in the V&As collection and there's the chance for a real Victorian afternoon tea.
- One Warwick Park is located in the peaceful Royal Tunbridge Wells. This property offers smart, contemporary and unfussy accommodation with each room featuring a flat-screen TV. Their L'Amore restaurant serves up truly marvellous dishes! Enjoy a cocktail in the lounge bar. A great stay in a top spot!
For parkside location
- Hotel Du Vin & Bistro Tunbridge Wells has been neatly fitted into a beautiful Grade II Listed sandstone mansion overlooking a park. There are just 34 rooms with all the Hotel du Vin touches that you'd expect - rain showers, deep baths and good food and wine, but here there's also a vineyard and you can play boules on the grounds.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of quaint properties perfect for exploring the lovely town.
- Fly to London Gatwick Airport located 61km (38 miles) from Royal Tunbridge Wells. Gatwick caters to a substantial number of both domestic and International destinations.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Royal Tunbridge Wells with rail links to London amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore beautiful Kent, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September typically offer the warmest weather for exploring the town and lovely countryside.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Royal Tunbridge Wells
The Victorian B&B 3 rooms from $104Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Former royal butler and Aussie Harold Brown’s devotion to Victoriana and service below stairs make this captivating Victoriana themed B&B in the centre of Royal Tunbridge Wells. An experience, with great stories from Harold included.TraditionalQuirky - An experience!
The Spa Hotel 70 rooms from $143Royal Tunbridge Wells (Kent)
A beautiful country house on the outskirts of Royal Tunbridge Wells set in 14 acres of picturesque countryside. Rooms are individually styled and elegant. Both the fine-dining restaurant and more laid-backed brasserie offer up exemplary regional cuisine. The spa is the icing on the cake.Total relaxation - A country house set in 14 acres complete with excellent restaurant and a spa.Great walks - Discover the surrounding countryside on picturesque walking trails.Sights nearby - Visit either (or both) of the stunning Leeds and Hever Castles.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool
One Warwick Park 39 rooms from $104Royal Tunbridge Wells
One Warwick Park is located in the peaceful Royal Tunbridge Wells. This property offers smart, contemporary and unfussy accommodation with each room featuring a flat-screen TV. Their L'Amore restaurant serves up truly marvellous dishes! Enjoy a cocktail in the lounge bar. A great stay in a top spot!Local exploring - One Warwick Park is the perfect base from which to get to know Royal Tunbridge WellsShort fly break - Located just 20 miles away from Gatwick Airport!Value chic - A splendid stay at a very decent priceLocal markets - A Farmers' Market is held outside the Town Hall every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month