Search the best hotels in Rye
Rye is a great seaside escape from the city of London, while actually only being around an hour and a half’s drive away. Many of the best places to stay in Rye are boutique in style and make perfect weekend-break bases for exploring the alleys and cobbled streets of this seaside charmer.
On the edge of town, fringed by dunes, is the long, white sweep of Camber Beach, and the landscape just welcomes strolling, cycling and picnicking. As well as boutique hotels, Rye also has some great restaurants and cafes, and there are some interesting historical secrets to uncover.
The Best Places to Stay in Rye
For Boutique Chic
- Our Guru’s boutique-y favourite in Rye is Jeake's House. Packed with antiques and items of interest and charm, this is a friendly spot with an honesty bar, a lovely fire to cosy up to in the parlour and fabulously generous breakfasts.
- The George in Rye is a good pick for those looking for luxury. The comfortable rooms are pleasingly varied in character and there’s all day dining with a charcoal grill. Plus it's only a short hop to the beach.
For Seaside Escapes
- Ticking, stripes, white painted floorboards and driftwood tones are very much in evidence at the New England-style Gallivant at Camber Beach. The Beach Bistro and the Beach Cafe will keep you well fed while you enjoy the American retro touches and glorious beach.
For Something Different
- The Rye Windmill B&B is an unusual B&B with some rooms housed in the actual windmill itself - one of Rye’s most famous landmarks. You’re right by the river and a short walk from town, and this is also one of the best hotels in Rye if you’re looking for great value, with rooms starting from just £80 per night.
- The Ship Inn is a former smugglers warehouse turned pub with rooms in the centre of Rye. Homely, child friendly and near the beach, this is one of the best hotels in Rye for foodies, as their restaurant is Michelin recommended.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Rye
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in East Sussex? or maybe one of the 10 most romantic hotels in East Sussex?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice
Monthly Weather in Rye
Best Hotels in Rye
Rye Windmill B&B Rye, East Sussex 10 rooms from £80Landmark - Comes with a reputation.Traditional
The Ship Inn Rye 10 rooms from £85Beach Life - Spend the day on Camber Sands, with over 2 miles of stretch of beach to exploreLocal exploring - The B&B is the perfect spot for discovering the wonders of Rye and beyondSights nearby - Visit Rye Castle, less than 10 minutes away from the B&BTraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A charming and historic pub with rooms, nestled in the centre of the idyllic town of Rye. Rooms are chic, comfortable and filled with lots of natural light. The traditional pub prides itself in its love for English wine. Enjoy deliciously simple yet artisan locally sourced food at the restaurant. See More
The Standard Inn Rye (Rye) 5 rooms from £100Local exploring - A great establishment from which to explore the local area.Great walks - The Cotswold Way National Trail covers 102 miles of the gentle landscape.Full of characterLively - Hip and happening.
This 15th C inn in the centre of Rye is cozy and intimate. Rooms are full of character with beamed ceilings, pretty fabrics and deep baths. Enjoy the warmth of the open fireplace after dining in the restaurant from a locally-inspired menu. There is lots to see and do in this Area of Natural Beauty. See More
Jeake's House Rye 11 rooms from £120Sights nearby - Situated bang in the centre of town.TraditionalFull of characterFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The George in Rye Rye 34 rooms from £135Restaurant - Recommended.Lively - Hip and happening.BoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays
The Gallivant Rye, East Sussex 18 rooms from £135Views - Fantastic views over Camber SandsCooking classes - Overnight packages availableSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
The Mermaid Inn Rye 31 rooms from £150Historic - The cellars date from 1156 and the building was rebuilt in 1420. It's a genuine piece of Tudor architectureSights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalFull of character
Historic inn in the centre of Rye which dates back to the 13th Century. Rooms ooze period charm with carved four poster beds, sloping beamed ceilings and gorgeous original features including a vast fireplace in the bar. Delicious 2 AA Rosette dining. A perfect weekend getaway. See More