Search the best hotels in Atlanta
A big, bustling metropolis, Atlanta has emerged in recent years as one of the top cities in the USA for visitors. This Georgia city is bursting with cultural attractions, a fascinating and turbulent past, and exceptional food. It’s also home to more than 340 parks, gardens and green spaces. Whether you’re here for the African American history, the creative scene, the fabulous food or in town on business, the best places to stay in Atlanta offer everything from cosy B&Bs to slick city pet friendly hotels fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Wherever you choose to base yourself, you can expect a very warm welcome.
Sprawling across a vast area, Atlanta can feel more like a collection of neighbouring districts than a single city — and this is absolutely part of its charm. You’ll find the tallest skyscrapers and glitzy commercial buildings in the downtown area, home to hip bars and eateries, City Hall and the State Capitol. Slightly to the north is the striking Centre for Civil and Human Rights, not far from Sweet Auburn, where Martin Luther King Jr. was raised. Visit the Civil Rights icon’s home and the First Ebenezer Baptist Church — where his father and grandfather were also pastors — as you deepen your understanding of MLK and his legacy. There are a number of fascinating sites dedicated to Martin Luther King Jr. across Atlanta, and some top-notch guided walking tours centred around them.
The city brims with cultural sights, but other big-hitters include the High Museum of Art, the Museum of Design, the Centre for Puppetry Arts and the Fernbank Museum of Natural History — the latter is fantastically kid-friendly. Explore Piedmont Park, which plays host to heaps of festivals and live music events, spot wildlife at the Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve, and amble around the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Historic Fourth Ward Park, behind Ponce City Market, is also well worth visiting.
Expect a jam-packed programme of events and exhibitions, as well as an impressive array of food and drink spots scattered across the city’s many neighbourhoods. Upmarket Buckhead is a particular favourite, and the setting for some of the best places to stay in Atlanta, as well as the Governor's Mansion and the Lindberg Centre. Taste Southern classics, savour innovative twists on American dishes and tuck in to the flavoursome food brought to the city by its increasingly diverse global community over the course of your trip. This Georgia giant won’t disappoint!
The Best Places to Stay in Atlanta
For a Central Stay
- W Atlanta Downtown is a trendy choice for a central Atlanta stay. Highlights include the gym, rooftop swimming pool and extensive business facilities. Modern rooms boast excellent city views and the onsite restaurant is brilliant. Close to the sights and lively nightlife. For leisure or business visitors.
- The Ellis offers an affordable downtown stay in a 1913 building, with classic interiors, a terrace bistro-bar and flexible options for families. Very comfortable and welcoming.
- The Glenn Hotel has spacious, contemporary rooms and suites set within an imposing historic building. Expect elegant interiors, freestanding tubs and a striking rooftop bar with exceptional city views. A central spot for business or leisure.
- Twelve Downtown is an all-suite property in a high-rise tower close to the heart of downtown Atlanta. Suites include living areas, kitchens and private balconies, and share access to an outdoor pool, gym and restaurant. A luxe home-away-from-home for families, groups or business travellers.
- Ritz Carlton Atlanta promises a glamorous downtown stay, complete with multiple dining options, an extensive conference centre, top kids' club and amenities galore. Suites are spacious, sleek and inviting. A hugely indulgent choice.
For an Intimate B&B
- Stonehurst Place promises six rooms and suites in a converted 19th-century townhouse on a quiet residential street in Midtown. Expect antique furnishings, a grand piano, gourmet breakfasts and an honesty bar for glasses of wine before you stroll to the Italian restaurant just around the corner. An intimate and romantic B&B choice.
- The Social Goat B&B is an owner-run hideaway in a Victorain farmhouse and cottage in surburban Atlanta. Pick this place for the appealing sense of calm, the family-friendly spaces and the leafy gardens. Little ones will adore the koi carp pond, goats, ducks, chickens and turkeys. Some areas are self-catering, and there's a cosy firepit for gathering together in the evenings.
For Hip Couples
- Hotel Clermont is nestled on historic Ponce de Leon Avenue. Vintage interiors blend 1920s Art Deco with mid-century modern furniture to create a whimsical, romantic atmosphere. The real highlight is Tiny Lou's, the hotel's celebrated French-American brasserie with Southern accents. Book a table here for a hugely romantic evening. Charming.
- Hotel Colee has a more hip, modern vibe, with funky pops of colour, contemporary art and dramatic lighting. The rooftop restaurant, city-view infinity pool and terrace have a lively buzz. Especially suited to well-heeled couples looking for a night out on the town. Also for business and friends' trips. Very cool.
- The Burgess Hotel in upmarket Buckhead fuses colourful retro pieces with Asian-inspired prints and artefacts. There's a glossy restaurant and bar, as well as an outdoor pool. Suites are ideal for couples looking to cosy up in their own space, with free standing tubs and private sitting rooms (though families are also welcome). For lovers of unusual and vibrant design.
For Buckhead Luxury
- St Regis Atlanta has a sumptuous resort ambience, with a chic outdoor pool, cinema room and a plethora of dining options in art-filled spaces. The luxurious spa is superb, there's a games room for teenagers and adults and fun activities for little ones, and the many attractions of the upscale Buckhead neighbourhood are right on your doorstep. Ideal.
- The Whitley is a grand luxury hotel, which is perfect for sophisticated couples looking to unwind at the spa (on its own floor!), swim laps in the big swimming pool, and feast at The Trade Room. A romantic, contemporary choice in Buckhead. Also a good pick for business travellers.
For Midtown Luxury
- Four Seasons Atlanta offers deluxe accommodation, a soothing spa, health club and impressive fine dining in Midtown. Spacious rooms and suites have private city-view terraces, and the hotel has a sleek, sophisticated feel. Families are welcome, as are romantic couples or well-heeled business people. A five-star stay in the cultural heart of Atlanta.
- Twelve Midtown is a glitzy all-suite hotel for business travellers, couples, families or friends in Midtown. Pick this place for the flexibility of having your own apartment, whilst also benefitting from the hotel's rooftop pool, meeting rooms and contemporary Italian restaurant. The city views are spectacular, and suites swish and very smart.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Atlanta International Airport, the busiest in the USA, and travel into the heart of the city by taxi or shuttle bus.
- Atlanta is well-connected by Amtrak Rail to major destinations, including New York and New Orleans.
- Georgia is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Athens.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Georgia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Atlanta
Best Hotels in Atlanta
The Ellis Atlanta 127 rooms from £93City Style - Rooms with contemporary comfort, exquisite bathrooms with amenities, LCD TV'S and ipod docking stationsLocal exploring - Close to historical sights. Next door to the Peach Tree Center Marta StationSights nearby - A short walk to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola and the World Congress CentreRestaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Clermont Atlanta 94 rooms from £134Romantic Break - With boutique interiors and great views from the rooftop terrace, book this hotel for a romantic city breakCity Style - With retro-style interiors, a chic bar and restaurant, this hotel oozes Atlanta charmLocal exploring - Nestled above Atlanta's favourite strip club, this hotel has plenty to see close byLocal markets - Take a trip to the Ponce City Market, a revamped shopping complex with new boutiques and classic vendors side by sideRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
This hotel is nestled on the historic Ponce de Leon Avenue in downtown Atlanta. Vintage-style interiors blend influences, from 1920s Art Deco prints to mid-century modernist furniture. The hotel also plays host to celebrated restaurant Tiny Lou's, a French-American brasserie with Southern accents. See More
Hotel Colee Atlanta 291 rooms from £156Business meetings - Cool laid-back feel plus indoor and outdoor meeting spaces (including rooftop) make a change from classic conference venuesRoof terrace - Expansive rooftop bar and terrace offers cocktails with a view against glittering Atlanta skylineCity Style - With a hip roof top bar and boutique-y interiors, this is a stylish choiceRestaurant - Indulge at Whiskey Blue, hip rooftop bar offering cocktails or snacks, or hit the Lobby Lounge for light all-day dining
Trendy luxe boutique-style hotel in the Buckhead district. Eclectic interiors seamlessly blend classic luxury furnishings with funky contemporary touches; expect splashes of fuchsia and modern art. Fab features include rooftop restaurant and city-view infinity pool, terrace and gym. Happening vibe. See More
The Social Goat Bed and Breakfast Atlanta 7 rooms from £158Families - Book two-bedroom Hog Heaven House for families with young kids. It's ideal with living, dining and kitchen areasCountry Escape - Totally unique; experience a traditional farmhouse stay with warm hosts, without leaving the confines of AtlantaRestrictions on children - Children under 12 are allowed only in the Carriage House and Hog Heaven House. Main House is open to those 12+Sights nearby - Trade one set of animals for another; it's a short walk to Atlanta Zoo
Owner-run Victorian farmhouse on 3/4 acre of suburban gardens. Accommodation ranges from rooms in the historic house to 4 stand-alone cottages; all feature traditional decor and homely touches. While a fire-pit, koi carp pond & porch, goats, ducks, chickens and turkeys add authentic farm-stay feel. See More
Stonehurst Place Atlanta 6 rooms from £187Romantic Break - Intimate yet elegant, retaining some of the original 19th century features like cosy fireplaces- a perfect romantic retreatLocal exploring - A few minutes drive from Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta, and right next to Atlanta's Botanical Garden and Piedmont ParkRestrictions on children - This hotel can only accommodate children over the age of 12Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate B&B in Midtown on a delightful leafy residential street, a converted 19th Century mansion filled with museum-quality artworks. The rooms combine historic elegance with modern amenities, and the front parlour has a grand piano and other fine furnishings. Quiet and unassuming yet luxurious. See More
Glenn Hotel Atlanta 110 rooms from £194Roof terrace - Award-winning SkyLounge rooftop bar offers stunning views over the Atlanta skyline day and night, as well as delicious cocktailsBusiness meetings - Five unique meeting rooms set over 2,250 sq ft of event space, plus all-year SkyLounge, work for a range of different functionsLocal exploring - The downtown Atlanta location, right next to Centennial Park District, means that all of the city's attractions are nearbySights nearby - Atlanta is home to the world's largest aquarium, Skyview ferris wheel, World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta Zoo and the CNN Studio tour
Historic luxury hotel in the heart of town. Contemporary classic decor gives a luxe modern feel; spacious rooms feature stand-alone tubs in glass-cased bathrooms. The SkyLounge rooftop bar is the real draw; there's nowhere better to get a full view of the city. Perfect for business or exploring. See More
Twelve Downtown Atlanta 102 rooms from £194Swimming Pool - Vast resort-style pool and hot tub on the property's rooftop offer views over the skylineLocal exploring - Walking distance to most of Atlanta's main attractions, as well as restaurants and shopsGroups - Spacious multi-bedroom suites are ideal for friends or families travelling togetherGreat walks - If you feel like escaping the city head to Stone Mountain Park for walks and range of outdoor recreational activities
All-suite property in high-rise downtown tower. Contemporary condo-style rooms boast high ceilings and Atlanta views; all feature separate living, kitchen and sleeping areas and many have private balconies. Enjoy the outdoor pool, gym & restaurant at this luxe home-away-from-home in the city centre. See More
The Burgess Hotel Atlanta 102 rooms from £204City Style - Suites are especially sumptuous. Residential-style living areas boast impressive art work, oriental rugs & antique objets d'artLocal exploring - Enjoy the charm, restaurants and art galleries of Buckhead, yet be close enough to the city centre for sightseeingDesigner Shopping - Buckhead is well-known for designer shopping. Browse upscale designer boutiques nearbyRestaurant - Enjoy neighbourhood dining with a sense of occasion and lots of buzz at Fia, the property's Mediterranean restaurant & bar
Luxurious hotel in upmarket Buckhead district. Interiors blend colourful & contemporary furnishings with exotic Asian decor - think chinoiserie curtains, gilded screens and buddha statues - all without feeling forced. Glossy restaurant & bar combines with an outdoor pool to ensure a top-notch stay. See More
W Atlanta Downtown Atlanta (Georgia) 237 rooms from £246Sights nearby - Margaret Mitchell House and Museum is where the famous book Gone with the Wind was written.Views - Great views from hotelSpaRestaurant - Recommended.
Trendy, elegant business and leisure hotel in the heart of Atlanta offers pool with a view, gym and business facilities. The rooms are modern with city views through floor-to-ceiling windows and modern bathrooms. BLT Steak matches traditional French bistro with an American steakhouse. Great spot! See More
Ritz Carlton Atlanta Atlanta (North East) 444 rooms from £249Families - With dedicated Ritz Kids program and child-friendly amenities, hotel offers a luxurious family-friendly baseBusiness meetings - 17,000 sq ft of upscale event space includes grand ballroom, boardroom and conference centreSights nearby - Easy walking distance to Georgia Aquarium, Margaret Mitchell House, World of Coca-Cola and High Museum of Art at GeorgiaRestaurant - Enjoy fine-dining at AG steakhouse, cocktails and live music at Lumen Bar or coffee and snacks at Jittery Joe's
Contemporary glam luxury hotel in downtown Atlanta. Perfect for business, leisure or family stays, impressive amenities include fine-dining restaurant, conference centre, extensive gym and Kid's club. Glossy rooms offer city views and all luxury amenities while well-designed suites suit long stays. See More
The Whitley Atlanta 507 rooms from £286Business meetings - Surrounded by North Atlanta's business district, the hotel has 40,000 sq ft of event space with indoor & outdoor function areasCity Style - One of Atlanta's finest large luxury hotels complete with every facility you could wantRestaurant - The Trade Room restaurant prides itself on sourcing the finest ingredients. There is also a classic bar and afternoon teaSpa - There is an entire floor dedicated to the premium spa with lounge, Himlayan salt room and glass-topped pool atriumRecommended by - Tablet
Grand luxury city hotel. Public areas nod to the past with wood panelling, chic artwork, recessed wall panels and marble floors. Classic contemporary rooms have clean lines and a fresh and calming cream palette. Fab pool, spa and dignified dining options. Works equally well for business or leisure. See More
Loews Atlanta Atlanta 414 rooms from £296Local exploring - Well set on Peachtree Street, the miles-long spine of Atlanta where most of the top attractions and skyscrapers are basedFamilies - The hotel's Loews Loves Kids programme has thought of everything whether you have a teenager or a toddler in towContemporary - Modern in every way. Expect high ceilings, sharp lines and large expanses of glass that lend spectacular viewsClose to nightlife - There are some of the city's best upscale eateries, bars, and nightclubs in the area
A sleek modern high-rise with a prime central location on Peachtree Street. Rooms & suites are modern and luxurious with floor-to-ceiling windows, bathtubs (with TVs), coffee machines & 300-count bed linens. There's a popular spa, Southern restaurant, and gym. Suitable for business or pleasure. See More
Twelve Midtown Atlanta 101 rooms from £299Business meetings - Set up for events. Choose from three ballrooms, pre-function room, terrace and board room. Professional events team is on-siteCity Style - Sleek and stylish yet welcoming with homely comforts; a dreamy base for longer stays in the heart of AtlantaLocal exploring - Ideal location means you're surrounded by the city's dining, entertainment and sites of interestRestaurant - Award-winning Allora restaurants serves contemporary Italian fare in a chic setting. The street level terrace is lovely
Deluxe city centre all-suite hotel. Spacious suites feature on-trend decor blending industrial chic, glam and homely styles; each has a kitchen. Rooftop pool, contemporary Italian restaurant and skyline views tick every box. Convenient location and fab amenities work for both business or leisure. See More
Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead Atlanta 127 rooms from £365Designer Shopping - Set in the heart of the Buckhead shopping district, locations don't get much better than this for designer shopping enthusiastsSpa breaks - The two-storey spa is locally popular (it's one of the best). Treatments are regionally inspired & amenities are extensiveGroups - With the fabulous spa and access to the best of the area's shopping — this is a spoiling option for a girls' getawayArchitectural - Famed American architect Robert A.M. Stern designed the soaring 42-storey landmark
An elegant luxury hotel set in a landmark building in Buckhead's shopping district. Grand rooms & suites have a traditional feel with thickly carpeted floors, polished wood furniture, and neutral hues. Innovative Southern cuisine is served in the restaurant and there's an impressive two-storey spa. See More
Four Seasons Atlanta Atlanta 244 rooms from £456Local exploring - Conveniently located in Midtown, the cultural heart of Atlanta, walking distance from shops, sites and restaurantsSpa breaks - There's no need to leave the hotel with indoor pool, sun terrace, hot tub, steam, sauna and spoiling treatmentsFamilies - Children under 18 stay free. Make the most of babysitting, spacious suites & range of child-friendly amenitiesCity Style - Sophisticated luxury that offers stylish stays in the heart of town for business, leisure and families
High-rise hotel that's the height of luxury. This Midtown tower offers deluxe accommodation, a spa, health club and impressive dining in the heart of town. Spacious rooms with soft palettes feel fresh yet homely, the best feature private city-view terraces. Crowd-pleaser with a strong family focus. See More
St Regis Atlanta Atlanta 151 rooms from £468Total relaxation - Ideal urban retreat to relax and recharge; indulge in spoiling spa treatments, resort-style outdoor pool & fancy in-room diningCity Style - Spacious rooms and suites channel high-end residential chic with top-notch tech, butler service, stunning decor and city viewsDesigner Shopping - Buckhead is known for designer brands. Property is located just across the promenade from the city's best shoppingFamilies - Family-friendly environment with special touches for kids, baby-sitting and child-focused dining and experiences
Glamorous grand dame in upscale Buckhead neighbourhood. Sleek rooms with butler service feature understated contemporary decor and show-stopping marble bathrooms. Leave time for leisure with chic outdoor pool piazza, spa, cinema room and wonderful dining options in art-filled spaces. Deluxe delight. See More