Search the best hotels in Georgia
Richly endowed by nature, the Deep South state of Georgia works hard to make its hospitality standards worthy of its fabulous forests, coastal lagoons, islands, mountains and wealth of historical attractions. The effort has paid off magnificently; this largely rural corner of Dixieland is a visitors' delight, offering almost unlimited variety. The best places to stay in Georgia put you in easy reach of something for everyone when it comes to family holiday fun..
With its pleasant, though sometimes sultry, subtropical climate, Georgia is one of the USA’s agricultural breadbaskets, hence the use of the peach as the state symbol. Fruit , cereals and greens all grow in profusion and this landscape perfectly sets off the elegance and beauty of the stately antebellum (pre-Civil War) architecture which has a flavour all its own.
Northerners – including President Franklin Delano Roosevelt who for years enjoyed R&R at Warm Springs GA – discovered the delights of Georgia as a place to warm the bones. Today’s visitors are not content to stay static in one place, and why should they? Not when the opportunities – rafting, hiking, biking, live music and golfing among many others – are available to such a magnificent standard.
What Not To Miss
- World of Coca-Cola: It helps if you like the stuff, but even so, this is a fascinating family trip looking into the rise of the world’s most popular soft drink and the business branding phenomenon surrounding it.
- Stone Mountain: Georgia had a starring role in the US Civil War (1861-865) and Confederate monuments are everywhere. None more spectacular than Stone Mountain, the somewhat controversial giant relief carving of the South’s great military heroes.
- Georgia Aquarium: One of America’s finest. A great way to keep everyone amused in Atlanta. Leaders in conservation as well as presenting sea life in the most entertaining way.
- Golfers can rave about St Simon's Island where every property has its own course.
- Atlanta is one of America’s most progressive cities, while the coastal centres like Savannah are a byword for old world elegance but it’s the landscape, with a profusion of magnolia and host of other flowers that will inspire you to go out and explore for yourself.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Georgia has something to suit all tastes from luxurious city pads to beach side resorts and charming B&Bs.
The best places to stay in Georgia
For urban explorers
- In the heart of Atlanta’s city centre, W Atlanta Downtown, is ideal for the nightlife and attractions like the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia World Congress Center and the Georgia Dome. It comes with a seriously trendy aesthetic, great spa and fitness centre
- By contrast, you could try the Stonehurst Place, a delightful old world B&B in the heart of the Atlanta full of reminders of the city’s 19th Century heritage, A unique combination of impeccable preservation and modern amenities
- The Mandarin Oriental Atlanta offers all the top grade quality and luxury you would expect from this upmarket brand, but with an overlay of Southern charm and smooth sophistication.
- Ballastone Inn, a B&B in the heart of Savannah Historical District is romantic and intimate. Unique rooms have four-poster beds, plush linens and private bathrooms. Breakfast is a southern affair for all guests. In the evening the bar awaits. A great location that is ideal for exploring the city on foot.
- If you're after a lively property The Brice is a Coca-Cola top shop turned into a contemporary landmark on the heels of Jackson Square. Large rooms offer all mod-cons and city views, marble bathrooms and access to library, pool and business facilities. Pacci serves Italian cuisine and the bar is great for a nightcap. Explore by bike or on foot.
- Ideally located River Street Inn is an 1817 former cotton store overlooking the Savannah River, historical architecture meets contemporary luxury. Large and light rooms wrapped around a central atrium with private balconies. Bernie's offers seafood and local cuisine accompanied with live music and fine bar selection. A prime spot in town.
- If you're after a chic and central property, The Ellis is a stylish, boutique hotel set in a historic 1913 building, renovated inside with light and bright contemporary designs. A full service terrace bistro and a bar with a balcony overlooking the vibrant PeachTree Street. Luxurious, comfortable and totally hip.
- Andaz Savannah, this urban contemporary hotel offers a pool, business and fitness centre. Large, modern rooms with city views and all the mod-cons. 22 Square offers delicious handcrafted cocktails and the food represents the flavours of the South. Relax on the sun deck poolside or head into the historical district.
For beach boys and girls
- For the perfect setting, great golf, ocean views and friendly southern hospitality, try the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, St Simon’s Island. This upmarket resort comes with great restaurants, boutique shopping and offers eco-adventures for all the family.
- The Lodge At Sea Island regularly wins top hotel trophies as a premier hideaway resort for seekers of luxury and privacy. With distinctive architecture designed to recreate an English country manor, it also has that unmistakable feel of the heyday of the old South, not to mention two 18-hole championship courses. Also, interestingly, bagpipe lessons!
For Southern comfort-seekers
- The Azalea Inn & Gardens in Savannah is a classic southern town house hotel,with pillars and porches, located in the Garden District easily walkable from downtown. The owners have a marvellous hospitality ethic and everything about it - from the shrimp-and-grits breakfast to the pool and fountain - is enticing.
- The Smith House is a traditional hostelry located in the Appalachian town of Dahlonega, and has been open for business since 1899 dispensing Southern hospitality. It prides itself on its home cooking; fried chicken, sweet baked ham, fresh steamed vegetables; homemade yeast rolls and corn muffins that melt in your mouth. What’s not to like?
- Greyfield Inn is a historic country house located on Cumberland Island - just a short distance from the beach. Elegant and traditional accommodation with ornate beds and Persian rugs. Wander around their 200 acres of private garden and breathe in the sea air! A simply stunning coastal retreat.
- Ideal for making the most of the great outdoors, The Stephen Williams House is a 1834 Federal mansion turned intimate boutique B&B, decked with antiques and in a prime location. All five rooms are unique, cosy and display an intimate charm. Breakfast is served at your convenience. A peaceful garden provides sanctuary after a day of exploring the fascinating historical Savannah.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great range of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport located 13.5km (8.4 miles) from Atlanta with a wide selection of domestic and International flights.
- Alternatively, Georgia is well-served by Amtrak rail routes which connect the state to destinations all over the U.S.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this beautiful state - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - to make the most of the stunning natural assets, visit in Spring from March to May for pleasant temperatures and many of the state's festivals.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our pick of all the best places to stay in Georgia,
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Florida Keys or Jacksonville
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Georgia
Best Hotels in Georgia
The Ellis Atlanta 127 rooms from £93City Style - Rooms with contemporary comfort, exquisite bathrooms with amenities, LCD TV'S and ipod docking stationsLocal exploring - Close to historical sights. Next door to the Peach Tree Center Marta StationSights nearby - A short walk to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca Cola and the World Congress CentreLively - Hip and happening.
Garden Walk Inn Georgia 18 rooms from £101Hideaway - Off the beaten track, the cosy cottages are an ideal hideaway for those in search of some peace and tranquilityCountry Escape - Surrounded by pleasant and verdant gardens, outside the hustle and bustle of the cityViews - Pleasant forest and garden scenes from the propery, ideally located for access to the views atop Lookout MountainSights nearby - Lookout Mountain outcrop is a popular destination, as are the Raccoon Mountains Caverns and Ruby Falls
The Brice Savannah (Georgia) 145 rooms from £128Sights nearby - Washington Square is on your doorstep.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A Coca-Cola top shop turned into a contemporary landmark on the heels of Jackson Square. Large rooms offer all mod-cons and city views, marble bathrooms and access to library, pool and business facilities. Pacci serves Italian cuisine and the bar is great for a nightcap. Explore by bike or on foot. See More
Hotel Clermont Atlanta 94 rooms from £134Romantic Break - With boutique interiors and great views from the rooftop terrace, book this hotel for a romantic city breakCity Style - With retro-style interiors, a chic bar and restaurant, this hotel oozes Atlanta charmLocal exploring - Nestled above Atlanta's favourite strip club, this hotel has plenty to see close byLocal markets - Take a trip to the Ponce City Market, a revamped shopping complex with new boutiques and classic vendors side by sideRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
This hotel is nestled on the historic Ponce de Leon Avenue in downtown Atlanta. Vintage-style interiors blend influences, from 1920s Art Deco prints to mid-century modernist furniture. The hotel also plays host to celebrated restaurant Tiny Lou's, a French-American brasserie with Southern accents. See More
The Stephen Williams House Savannah (128 West Liberty Street) 5 rooms from £152Fishing - Head to Ossabaw Island for fishing, camping and trekking.Great walks - Forsyth Park for athletic tracks to jog or walk around.Sights nearby - Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
1834 Federal mansion turned intimate boutique B&B, decked with antiques and in a prime location. All five rooms are unique, cosy and display an intimate charm. Breakfast is served at your convenience. A peaceful garden provides sanctuary after a day of exploring the fascinating historical Savannah. See More
Ballastone Inn Savannah (Georgia) 16 rooms from £155Sights nearby - Oglethorpe Square is a hop and a skip away.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Opulent
This B&B in the heart of Savannah Historical District is romantic and intimate. Unique rooms have four-poster beds, plush linens and private bathrooms. Breakfast is a southern affair for all guests. In the evening, the bar awaits. The great location is ideal for exploring the city on foot. See More
Stamba Hotel Tbilisi (T'bilisi 0108) 42 rooms from £200Local exploring - With a great, central location in Tblisi, this hotel is a perfect base for local exploringRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite for added indulgence on your next couples' city breakCity Style - With chic, contemporary interiors, this hotel has reams of city styleSights nearby - Visit a range of sights local to the hotel, from the National Opera Theatre to the former Parliament of Georgia
This chic hotel is set in a converted industrial building in central Tblisi. Guestrooms feature cosy carpets, plush soft furnishings and unique design pieces; book the luxury Aviator Suite for generous living space in a mustard palette. Unwind in the smart hotel café; a stylish, modern city hotel. See More
Andaz Savannah Savannah (Georgia) 151 rooms from £164Sights nearby - Jackson Square, Ellis Square and City Market are all on the doorstep.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
This urban contemporary hotel offers a pool, business and fitness centre. Large, modern rooms with city views and all the mod-cons. 22 Square offers delicious handcrafted cocktails and the food represents the flavours of the South. Relax on the sun deck poolside or head into the historical district. See More
Chanticleer Inn Georgia 20 rooms from £180Country Escape - Located on Lookout Mountain in two acres of lush gardens - a tranquil hideawayGroups - Suites with up to 4 beds available makes this a great choice for small groupsSights nearby - Near to Ruby Falls, The 72.2% grade Incline Railway, and the Lookout Mountain Battlefield Trail, a famed civil war siteViews - The property boasts excellent views from its 2 acre perch on the mountain, at over 1800 feet
An attractive stone inn built high on Lookout Mountain hosts comfortable and stylish luxury cottages. Interiors are traditionally designed yet have a fresh contemporary feel. Set in superb hiking country, however, an outdoor pool and firepit patio make this an easy spot to while away the days! See More
The Lodge at Sea Island Sea Island, St Simons Island 40 rooms from £238Sailing - Sailing lessons are a great way to get out into the ocean and hopefuly stay dry!Great walks - Explore and learn during the Marsh Habitat and Wildlife WalkKayaking - Enjoy open sea kayaking with all the family.Full of character
English manor inspired, activity driven and American-cuisine boutique is home to three championship golf courses as well as fitness and business facilities. Large rooms with antique furnishings and modern bathrooms. Steakhouse comes with an extensive wine list to explore. Activity galore! See More
Stonehurst Place Atlanta 6 rooms from £187Romantic Break - Intimate yet elegant, retaining some of the original 19th century features like cosy fireplaces- a perfect romantic retreatLocal exploring - A few minutes drive from Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta, and right next to Atlanta's Botanical Garden and Piedmont ParkRestrictions on children - This hotel can only accommodate children over the age of 12Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate B&B in Midtown on a delightful leafy residential street, a converted 19th Century mansion filled with museum-quality artworks. The rooms combine historic elegance with modern amenities, and the front parlour has a grand piano and other fine furnishings. Quiet and unassuming yet luxurious. See More
Perry Lane Hotel Savannah (Metropolitan Area) 167 rooms from £219Contemporary - Contemporary furnishings and design pay homage to Savannah's historical aesthetic while being expressley modern and up to dateLocal exploring - The city is within a short walk from many of Savannah's museums, parks, historic land marks, cathedrals and theatresDowntown - Located in the middle of Savannah's Metropolitan area, this hotel is in the very heart of the citySights nearby - Located within a mile of Cathedral of St John the Baptist and Johnson, Ellis and Washington Square
The Perry Lane Hotel is a modern and luxurious city centre base. Guests are pampered with a range of fitness, massage, spa, and sauna experiences. The hotel's excellent bars and restaurant services offer up the finest of wines and locally sourced fare in an indulgent setting. See More
Azalea Inn & Gardens Savannah (Georgia) 13 rooms from £219Sights nearby - Mercer House is haunted (apparently) so head there to be spooked!Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditionalFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Tablet
Italian style mansion come B&B in a residential and leafy part of town. Large rooms decked with antique furnishings, fireplaces, private balconies and modern bathrooms. In room breakfast as well as an evening glass of wine by the pool. Great spot to explore Savannah at your leisure - foot or bike. See More
W Atlanta Downtown Atlanta (Georgia) 237 rooms from £246Sights nearby - Margaret Mitchell House and Museum is where the famous book Gone with the Wind was written.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Trendy, elegant business and leisure hotel in the heart of Atlanta offers pool with a view, gym and business facilities. The rooms are modern with city views through floor-to-ceiling windows and modern bathrooms. BLT Steak matches traditional French bistro with an American steakhouse. Great spot! See More
King and Prince Beach Resort Saint Simons Island, St Simons Island 193 rooms from £258Kayaking - Discover the many rivers, creeks and marshes kayaking St. Simons and Sea Islands and the Brunswick areaSailing - Scallywag Sailing Tours offers dolphin, sunrise and sunset sails.Fishing - Shrimpin' aboard the "Lady Jane" with Captain Larry Credle.Great walks - Ghost Tours around Saint Simons Island.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Seafront luxury resort with 18-hole golf course, five pools and endless sea and land based activities. Large rooms with all the mod-cons, ask for a sea view! Coastal cuisine served at ECHO Oceanfront complimented by handcrafted cocktails. Children have their own pool and endless activities for all. See More
The Cloister at Sea Island GA, Georgia 175 rooms from £315Families - Families are well-catered to here, with private villas available and a range of family-friendly activities on offerBeach Life - Set on the sunny coast of Georgia with a private stretch of beach, book this hotel for a luxury seaside getawayRomantic Break - Set in an opulent property with romantic suites, book this hotel for a special couples' breakTraditional
This luxury seaside resort is set in coastal Georgia, USA. The resort blends Moorish influences with Georgian splendour and classic Southern style. Guestrooms feature plush Turkish rugs, mahogany furnishings and floral accents. Keep active with a game on the tennis courts or relax at the beach club. See More
The Lodge on Little St Simon's Island St Simons Island 16 rooms from £332Hideaway - Secluded and exclusive. A glorious rural escape ideal for total rejuvination.Families - Hire a complete lodge (or even the whole hotel) for intimate family holidays.Birdwatching - Located on the Atlantic Migratory Flyway, the island has wonderful birding opportunities.Fishing - Numerous opportunities for anglers in the surf, creeks or off the dock.
Secluded lodges hidden in a tranquil spot on Little St. Simons Island. Gorgeously traditional interiors create a cosy feel with fireplaces, antique furniture, wood panelled walls and animal wall mounts. Dining is a family-style affair with wholesome food served up on a long table. Rural bliss. See More
Mandarin Oriental Atlanta Atlanta (Georgia) 127 rooms from £371Sights nearby - World of Coco Cola and CNN Centre both offer an insight into the big universal names.Great walks - Atlanta Botanical Gardens offers more than 30 acres of garden to explore.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Situated in Buckhead the Mandarin Oriental offers indoor pool, spa & all you need business facilities. Large rooms are classic in decor with modern bathrooms. The Cafe and Bar serve regional cuisine, Taipan whips up cocktails in an English garden setting. Location is simply perfect. See More
Greyfield Inn Cumberland Island 16 rooms from £371Romantic Break - Lovely accommodation, splendid meals and long walks on the beach-the ideal spot for a romantic getawayFoodies - The Greyfield Inn serves up stunning food, combining Southern traditional meals with fresh seafoodActive Holiday - Head off on a number of action-packed activities scattered all over the island.Fishing - If you fancy a quiet afternoon then head off for a spot of fishing
Greyfield Inn is a historic country house located on Cumberland Island - just a short distance from the beach. Elegant and traditional accommodation with ornate beds and Persian rugs. Wander around their 200 acres of private garden and breathe in the sea air! A simply stunning coastal retreat. See More
River Street Inn Savannah (Georgia) 86 rooms from £406Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.OpulentLively area - In the thick of the action.Full of character
1817 former cotton store overlooking the Savannah River, historical architecture meets contemporary luxury. Large and light rooms wrapped around a central atrium with private balconies. Bernie's offers seafood and local cuisine accompanied with live music and fine bar selection. A prime spot in town See More
The Smith House Dahlonega (Georgia)Local markets - Farmers Market every Tuesday and Saturday during the summer months.Full of characterSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Charming gold-rush era hotel opened in 1899 and offers an intimate, family-friendly stay. Rooms have a TV, private bathroom and comfortable beds. Family-style dining for all, which is hugely popular across town. Great spot for vineyards, bike tours and trekking as well as relax at the Jolie Day Spa. See More