- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Covington
Covington is one of ‘The North Shore’ towns relaxingly dotted along the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain about an hours drive north of New Orleans. Many visitors come to this charming old town to start their travels along the Tammany Trace trail, a 31-mile route connecting north shore towns, from Covington, through the old resort town of Abita Springs, and through Fontainebleau National Park. You’re also close to Lacombe and Mandeville - and of course the adventuring potential of Lake Pontchartrain. The best places to stay in Covington tend towards old fashioned Louisiana charm, but our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Covington all also offer all the conveniences we need to have a great holiday these days. Right down to the spa facilities…
What Not To Miss
- Experience a fascinating borderline-prehistoric creature at the Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery where visitors can learn about these amazing creatures and even handle one if you're feeling brave enough!
- Or for a historic experience visit the Smith H J & Sons General Store and Museum which has the unique experience of being both a functioning store and a museum with items from historic years gone by.
- For a more active pursuit, cycle Tammany Trace - a charming cycle route great for all the family or for individuals.
- Enjoy a taste of a local speciality at the Covington Brewhouse where visitors are able to participate in tastings of local brews.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Covington allow visitors to explore the town and then totally unwind afterwards with excellent food and spa pools.
The best places to stay in Covington
For a luxury stay
- The Southern Hotel is a luxurious, 40 room hotel with plenty of style in the heart of Covington. There are all the mod. cons. plus a plunge pool, a spa and a bar and fine-dining restaurant.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties, ideally located for exploring this charming town.
- Fly to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport located 67km (42 miles) from Covington with a selection of flights across the U.S. and several International destinations including to Europe and Canada.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and the nearby National Park, for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - December to March provide pleasant temperatures, ideal for exploring the town and stunning surroundings.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Covington for you?
Best Hotels in Covington
Southern Hotel 40 rooms from $169Covington
Stylish, charming and luxurious. A newly renovated hotel in the heart of idyllic Covington. Features fine-dining, upscale bar, plunge pool, spa, and nearby nightlife. Stunning interiors with lavish, plump beds, and modern artwork and furniture showcasing the work of local artists.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.Spa