Search the best hotels in Dundee, OR
About Dundee, OR
Nestled in the northern part of the Willamette Valley, just 40 minutes from Portland, Dundee is a hugely appealing wine country destination, perfect for relaxed couples or groups of friends looking to enjoy terrific farm-to-table food paired with the region’s best wines. This little Oregon town packs a punch when it comes to outdoorsy activities, too. Accommodation options include everything from swish contemporary hotels to indulgent inns tucked amidst the vines, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in Dundee encourage guests to slow things down, savouring the magic of being in a beautiful part of the world, with excellent food and wine at your fingertips.
Oregon Wine Country boasts more than 100 wineries, many of which are easily accessible from Dundee. You’ll find the town’s Main Street lined with delectable eateries and tasting rooms, too. Take a guided day tour to discover a selection of vineyards and to learn about grape varieties and the region’s specific terroir, or explore rolling hills and winding roads by bicycle. There are also hiking and horse riding trails aplenty.
Highlights include the Harvey Creek Trail, lined with Douglas firs and maples, Run Oregon’s loops through the Dundee Hills, and discovering the Willamette River by kayak or canoe. For the ultimate bird’s eye view, take to the skies and see the Willamette Valley from a hot air balloon!
Particularly popular with the Portland crowd during the weekends, the best places to stay in Dundee can fill up fast. Do look out for great local events, seasonal farmers’ markets and fun annual festivals.
The Best Places to Stay in Dundee, OR
For Lively Groups
- The Dundee is a chic contemporary hotel in the heart of Dundee. Stay in stylish rooms and suites decorated with modern art pieces by local creatives, and enjoy sampling Willamette Valley wines in the five tasting rooms, as well as savouring the regional cuisine in the fine dining restaurant. A fun urban pad for couples or groups of friends. There's even a custom suite with six bunks for the ultimate group getaway!
- Franziska Haus has an appealingly rustic feel, with four rooms, suites and a cottage set in and around a classic wooden lodge. Rise early for homecooked breakfasts, and explore Dundee wine country before curling up in front of the stone-crafted 29ft fireplace for an evening natter. Named for the owner's fascinating grandmother, this is a charming B&B for a tranquil couples' stay.
- Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard is a wonderfully romantic choice for a rural escape. Overlooking 100 acres of pinot noir and chardonnay vines, this elegant nine-bedroom inn promises gourmet breakfasts, beautiful views, walking trails, wine tastings and more. Fabulous dinners are available on weekend evenings.
- Willamette Valley B&B has five luxurious suites with big beds, gas fireplaces, two-person soaking tubs, and french doors opening onto private patios for expansive views of the surrounding countryside. An indulgent base for a restful couples' wine country holiday.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Portland International Airport, just 40 minutes' drive from Dundee, OR. There is an extensive bus network for overland journeys from destinations across Oregon.
- Oregon is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather. The Willamette Valley is especially pretty in the spring and autumn, but harvest times are also peak season. Come during the week for a quieter experience.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Portland.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Oregon.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Dundee, OR
The Dundee Dundee, OR 22 rooms from £85Active Holiday - The surrounding countryside offers a wide range of outdoor pursuits including cycling, horseback riding, and hikingWine tasting - The hotel boasts five tasting rooms where guests can sample produce from the Willamette ValleyLess £ - With rooms starting at just over $100, you get a lot for your money hereRestaurant - Field + Stream makes innovative dishes with the region’s bounty of wild game, fish, and farm fresh foods
A stylish contemporary hotel located in the heart of Dundee. Vibrant rooms and suites feature local modern art, bright splashes of colour, and large windows. Downstairs, there are five wine tasting rooms and a fine dining restaurant which champions regional produce. A chic base to explore from. See More
Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard Dundee, OR (Dundee) 9 rooms from £203Groups - With its nine rooms and ample communal spaces, this is a great option to rent out in its entirety for a luxurious group getawayWine tasting - Set on its own vineyard within a renowned wine region (the Willamette Valley). Wine tasting is a real focal point hereRomantic Break - With wine tasting, romantic dinners, luxurious rooms, and an adult environment — this property is made for couplesShort break - Set just an hour from Portland, this is a great choice for an easily accessible weekend break
An elegant inn set within acres of its own vineyards near Dundee. Nine rooms and suites have a modern take on traditional design. Expect neutral colour schemes, french doors leading onto private terraces, and indulgent bathrooms. With wine tasting and fine dining, this is a romantic stay. See More
Franziska Haus Dundee, OR (Dundee) 4 rooms from £226Country Escape - A beautiful country home with fireplaces & quiet areas to unwind, surrounded by hills and vineyards — a tranquil rural escapeWine tasting - The property offers personalised wine tours of the Willamette Valley Wine CountryGreat walks - Explore scenic nature trails running through hills and vineyardsMinimum Stay - Two night minimum on weekends in May through September
A characterful and luxurious B&B set in a beautiful position overlooking rolling hills and vineyards. Four accommodation options range from spacious doubles to a cottage. Interiors have a modern take on traditional design. A lofty lounge is ideal for quiet evenings in. A chic base to explore from. See More
Willamette Valley B&B Dundee, OR (Newberg) 5 rooms from £257Romantic Break - Luxe rooms feature private patios, sitting areas with a fireplace, and two person soaking tubs — the perfect setting for romanceCountry Escape - Surrounded by scenic countryside and miles of vineyards, this is a tranquil spot ideal to simply unwind amongst natureGreat walks - Explore the wide network of hiking trails that run through the rolling hills and past the surrounding vineyardsSecluded setting - For escaping.
A luxurious B&B set in a picturesque and secluded spot within Willamette Valley. Indulgent rooms are contemporary in design; each features a sitting area with a gas fireplace, two-person soaking tubs, and french doors opening onto a private patio. A romantic base to explore the wine region from. See More