- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Fort Lauderdale
About Fort Lauderdale
This is a city where you can saunter amongst the rich and swanky - and there are plenty of those - without having to be either. The city is really about the beach and the water, the latter including both the sea and the series of inland waterways which has earned the city the title ‘Venice of the Americas’. The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale, not surprisingly, are on the water’s edge.
What Not To Miss
- Stroll along the palm-tree dotted promenade, swerving to avoid runners, skaters and cyclists, or play about on the seven miles of beach with its surfing, basketball and volleyball.
- The northern stretches are more for people-watching; expect to see miniscule amounts of costume and plenty of oiled-up flesh.
- Take a cruise on the waterways - the Carrie B, a replica 19th-century steamboat, is one of the nicest ways - to ogle at the mega-yachts and mansions of the rich and famous.
- There's a handful of high-quality museums, such as the Museum of Art, and plenty of shopping and dining on Las Olas Boulevard.
- Or gawp at the mega-cruise ships at Port Everglades one of the world’s busiest cruise-ports.
The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale include splashy hotels on the beach and more old-Florida-charm hotels inland. Just don't forget to book well in advance.....this is a busy spot year round.
The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale
For central location
- In a great position overlooking the intercoastal waterway, and only a block from the beach, The Pillars is done out in a contemporary-colonial style. A water-taxi whisks you to downtown Fort Lauderdale or you can try your hand at surfing or kayaking, or just relax by the pool. Great restaurant, too.
- A few miles to the south of Fort Lauderdale centre, but in a magnificent beachfront position, the Aqualina Resort and Spa, is ideal for families: kids club, three pools, watersports, extensive spa, plus three restaurants. Most rooms face the Atlantic Ocean and some have kitchenettes.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of wonderful properties close to the beach - ideal for soaking up the best that Fort Lauderdale has to offer.
- Fly to Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport located 6.5km (4 miles) from Fort Lauderdale with a selection of flights to major domestic and International destinations including to Europe and South America.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Fort Lauderdale with links to Miami amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline - for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - from December to April for pleasant temperatures and weather.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
The Pillars 18 rooms from $271Fort Lauderdale
Warm and sophisticated hotel perched on the banks of the Intercoastal Waterway. Views onto the water or the outdoor pool from rooms and suites which are tastefully decorated in a colonial style. Hop on the water taxi to explore downtown Fort Lauderdale. On-site restaurant serves Mediterranean fare.Views - Of the intracoastal waterway.Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels