Search the best hotels in Fort Lauderdale
About Fort Lauderdale
Popular as a party hotspot, yachting hub and buzzing Florida beach destination, Fort Lauderdale is a great pick for a coastal holiday with family and friends. Accommodation options range from simple beach hotels to expansive luxury resorts, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale are right on the beach, but we do have a few favourites tucked in the heart of the city — perfect for partygoers.
Amble along the palm-lined promenade for excellent people-watching, pick a perch at a bustling café or kick back on the city’s seven miles of sand. There’s great surfing and swimming, as well as basketball and beach volleyball nearby. Out on the water, you’ll find opportunities to sail, fish and kayak, or to enjoy fun day-long trips. Fort Lauderdale is also known for its many canals, and day cruises are an intriguing way to catch a glimpse of the impressive mansions and mega yachts which line their banks.
Port Everglades has become one of the world’s busiest cruise ports, so Fort Lauderdale is bursting with world-class boutiques, bars, restaurants and clubs. You’ll find plenty of action around the Las Olas Riverfront. For more culture and history, stroll from Stranahan House to the Broward Centre for the Performing Arts on the Riverwalk, or visit the NSU Art Museum. Bonnet House is very special, as is the beautiful Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. Outdoorsy types will adore admiring the flora and fauna as they explore.
Whatever has drawn you to coastal Florida, you’ll find plenty of choice in our list of the best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale.
The Best Places to Stay in Fort Lauderdale
For Great Value
- Plunge Beach Resort has a classic Florida feel, with retro interiors overlooking the beach at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Enjoy generously proportioned rooms, a seafood restaurant and a large pool. Very affordable. For families, couples or friends.
- The Aqua Hotel is a simple, modern spot just two minutes from the beach in Fort Lauderdale. With just 39 rooms, this is a much more intimate choice than many other hotels in the area. It's well-placed for exploring both the city and the coast. Families will appreciated the large suites and the two swimming pools. Great value.
For a Family Beach Break
- B Ocean Front Fort Lauderdale is a family-friendly favourite, with heaps of watersports, a big swimming pool, bicycles and direct beach access. Contemporary rooms are very flexible for families with little ones. The mermaid show is a highlight!
- The Atlantic Hotel & Spa offers an elevated pool, spa, gym and onsite restaurant, all facing a wonderful stretch of beach. Great for families, the hotel has comfortable rooms and suites with plenty of space for additional beds, and watersports for guests of all ages.
- Marriott Harbour Beach is a family-oriented resort on a striking quarter-mile of private beach. A spoiling choice for a seaside holiday, the hotel offers extensive watersports, a fantastic kids club, relaxed eateries and chic rooms with white and cream colour palettes. There are flexible options for families, tennis courts, a basketball court, swimming pool and spa. Paradise for families.
- High Noon Beach Resort is a low-key, family-run beach hotel just north of Fort Lauderdale. Spacious rooms with kitchenettes and private dining areas are ideal for families, who can also amble to the beach and cool off in two swimming pools.
- W Fort Lauderdale is a sleek beach hotel with a hip, minimalist vibe. Think decadent bathrooms and slick guestrooms with glass doors leading onto large, sea-facing terraces. Close to the city's best nightlife, this is a great pick for couples or friends. The five eateries are fabulous, and the swimming pool is spectacular.
- Conrad Fort Lauderdale promises a stylish, all-suite experience in a luxury tower. Facing Fort Lauderdale Beach, the hotel boasts a delectable seafood restaurant, a large oval-shaped swimming pool, and white-on-white suites with kitchenettes, living areas and expansive floor-to-ceiling windows. Very cool for couples, friends or business travellers.
- The Pillars is a sophisticated small hotel on the banks of the Intercoastal Waterway. Expect classic interiors and grounds with colonnaded balconies, lush greenery and striped old-school sun loungers around the swimming pool. The Secret Garden dishes up mouth-watering plates of Mediterranean cuisine with an American flair. An intimate couples' haven.
- The Dalmar has a swish urban feel, well-suited to its location in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. Base yourself here for a lively city stay, complete with a trendy bar serving handcrafted cocktails, delicious cuisine at the bistro, a swimming pool and a rooftop terrace with panoramic city and sea views. For big nights and days out with friends.
- Elita Hotel sits between the city and the beach, with sleek white-on-white interiors, leafy gardens and a lovely swimming pool for refreshing dips. A small boutique choice for lovers of ultra-modern design, close to great bars and restaurants. Fun for couples or friends.
- Pelican Grand Beach Resort sits on its own stretch of private beach. Pick this place for an indulgent Fort Lauderdale escape, complete with a soothing spa, swimming pool and fun tubing river, as well as superb oceanfront fine dining. Guestrooms and suites are beautifully appointed, with marble bathrooms and private sea-facing balconies. Brilliant.
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale has crisp, contemporary suites with expansive ocean views, fantastic gourmet dining options and an extensive spa. There's a swimming pool and games room for guests of all ages, as well as heaps of watersports. A refined luxury choice for couples or families.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport, before travelling to your destination by bus or taxi. Alternatively, catch the train to Fort Lauderdale from Miami.
- Florida is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between December and mid-April for the best weather — though this is also peak season! To avoid the crowds and make the most of hotel offers, time your trip for May or June, before the really hot and humid weather sets in. Florida's hurricane season typically runs from late June until November.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Palm Beach.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Florida.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Fort Lauderdale
Best Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Plunge Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale 163 rooms from £91Beach Life - Set right on the beach in laid back Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, the perfect relaxed beach breakFamilies - With spacious rooms and numerous facilities, this is a great choice for a family holidaySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSea Views - From some rooms.
A charmingly converted motel that has a real Floridian feel - a little bit retro and all about the beach. Spacious rooms feature pastel-coloured hues, french doors leading onto private terraces, and ocean-inspired artworks. Complete with a seafood restaurant, large pool, and an attractive price tag. See More
The Dalmar Fort Lauderdale 209 rooms from £105City Style - The hotel is situated right in the heart of Fort Lauderdale which has a buzzing, artsy vibe to it with great attractionsLocal exploring - Only 600 metres from Las Olas Boulevard where you can explore the NSU Art Museum, dozens of bistros and specialty shopsRestaurant - Enjoy juices and specialty coffee from Rose’s, poolside drinks and grill at Sip&Dip, rooftop drinks and dining at SparrowSights nearby - Take a day trip to see the alligators in the Everglades or go by train for a day trip to Miami
A new luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of lively Fort Lauderdale. With an edgy urban resort-style, the rooms are extremely comfortable with heavenly beds and rainforest showers. Delicious locally-inspired cuisine and handcrafted cocktails set on a chic terrace. For real trendsetters! See More
Elita Hotel Fort Lauderdale 20 rooms from £120Local exploring - Discover Las Olas shopping district, home to luxury retailers, local boutiques, world-class art galleries and al fresco diningSights nearby - Visit the breathtaking Everglades National Park to see alligators and Butterfly WorldViews - Lovely ocean views from roomsSwimming Pool - A great outdoor pool
A chic boutique hotel, only moments from Fort Lauderdale's beautiful beaches. The spacious rooms have perfectly balanced modern and sleek interiors featuring glass showers and marble sinks. Relax poolside in the lush tropical garden. Close by are great restaurants and bars. A smart Florida stay. See More
B Ocean Front Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale 486 rooms from £122Beach Life - Enjoy paradise with exclusive access to a private stretch of gorgeous beach. Loungers are avaliable plus food and drink servicesFamilies - Spacious rooms, ample facilities, private beach and a family-friendly mermaid show, makes for a fun family holidaySights nearby - Las Olas is very close to the resort and offers the best shopping, dining, cultural attractions, and moreSpa - Guests can customise their own spa package with treatments including therapeutic massages, hot stone therapy, and aromatherapy
Family-friendly luxury resort located right on an exclusive stretch of Fort Lauderdale beach. Natural light fills the room with cool blue palettes and modern glass showers. Enjoy a cocktail at the famous Wreck Bar whilst watching a living mermaid show. Delicious crab and seafood. Superb! See More
The Aqua Hotel Fort Lauderdale (Florida) 39 rooms from £124Beach Life - AQUA is just a few minutes’ walk to pristine the beaches and inviting turquoise waters of North BeachLocal exploring - Explore by water taxi and discover why Fort Lauderdale is known as the “Venice of America”Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Everglades and spot an abudance of wildlife such as alligators and take a thrilling airboat rideDiving - There are spectacular reefs and shipwrecks - perfect for divers
A boutique hotel just a two-minute walk from a stunning and pristine beach. Rooms are decorated with all white furniture, splashes of blues and fun beach decorations. Great for families who want to get stuck in to the wide range of activities Fort Lauderdale has to offer. Plus there are two pools! See More
High Noon Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale 40 rooms from £137Families - Spacious self-contained apartments with kitchen and sitting room are great for families. BBQ facilities and obviously the beach!Beach Life - Less than 100m away with free beach towels and sand chairs provided. Snorkel, sail, dive and so on- the perfect beach getawayDiving - There are many local dive shops that can provide guests with diving opportunities such as Gold Coast Scuba and Deep Blue DiversFishing - Walk down the Anglin’s Fishing Pier and see locals attempting to catch fish
A lovely family-run resort located right on the beachfront. Spacious self-contained rooms are decorated in a tropical style and feature kitchenettes. There are two outdoor pools and easy beach access with free loungers, towels and umbrellas. Perfect for a family beach getaway. See More
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa Fort Lauderdale 124 rooms from £179Families - With spacious suites and rooms, the beach a stone throw away and lots of activites, this hotel is ideal for familiesBeach Life - Lounge on the hotel's beach loungers and have cocktails delivered to youSpa - The spa uses BABOR skin care products and offers treatments such as deep tissue massages and facialsGreat walks - Amble down the promenade and discover Fort Lauderdale
A luxury hotel set on Fort Lauderdale's beachfront. Spacious traditional rooms feature balconies overlooking the aquamarine ocean and marble bathrooms with large soaking tubs. With an elevated pool, spa, gym, and onsite restaurant - this is a family-friendly stay primed for a sunshine break. See More
Marriott Harbour Beach Fort Lauderdale 650 rooms from £183Families - Spacious suites, a host of family orientated water activites and great family-friendly menus. Plus there's a fantastic kids clubLocal exploring - Enjoy the resorts perfect location for exploring the near the shops, dining and nightlife of Las Olas BoulevardActive Holiday - From wave runners to boogie boards and catamarans to kayaks, this resort is perfect for adventure seekersBeach Life - The resort is nestled along a quarter-mile stretch of pristine private beach
Family-orientated luxury resort on a private and rare quarter of a mile of beautiful Fort Lauderdale beach- an aquatic paradise. Rooms lend laid-back tropical tranquillity with bathrooms which have generous walk-in showers. A casual seafood restaurant provides a glorious seafront location. See More
Conrad Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale 290 rooms from £184Beach Life - Located right on the coast with most rooms offering sea views - an indulgent base for a beach breakLuxury - Fine dining, a plush spa, and spot on minimalist design - Fort Lauderdale's latest luxury offeringSpa - Conrad Spa offers personalised treatments including body wraps, facials, massages and much moreSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool with plenty of cabanas and pool bar
A luxury tower hotel offering spectacular sea views overlooking Fort Lauderdale Beach. An all-suite property, rooms are spacious and bright with floor to ceiling windows, kitchenettes and stylish white design. With a large pool and seafood restaurant, this is a desirable stay. See More
W Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale (Florida) 450 rooms from £192City Style - A sleek contemporary hotel that follows in Fort Lauderdale's party inclined footsteps - a place that is both hip and funFoodies - James Beard Award winning Restaurateur Stephen Starr heads the five excellent restaurantsSwimming Pool - Two outdoor poolsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A sleek beach hotel set near the best nightlife in Fort Lauderdale. Chic rooms are minimalist inside with all the latest technology, decadent bathrooms, and glass doors leading onto large terraces. The five restaurants are headed by an award-winning chef and the lively bar is a real draw. See More
The Pillars Fort Lauderdale 18 rooms from £210Restaurant - Serving fresh seafood and seasonal ingredients.Views - Of the intracoastal waterway.Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Warm and sophisticated hotel perched on the banks of the Intercoastal Waterway. Views onto the water or the outdoor pool from rooms and suites which are tastefully decorated in a colonial style. Hop on the water taxi to explore downtown Fort Lauderdale. On-site restaurant serves Mediterranean fare. See More
Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale 192 rooms from £226Beach Life - Located right on the beach, spend active days trying your hand at the watersports on offer or simply laze under the sunSpa breaks - The ocean inspired full-service spa offers a range of detoxifying and cleansing packagesSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A luxury offering located right on Fort Lauderdale's coast. Spacious rooms with balconies (mostly with sea views) have a subtle nautical feel. A full-service spa uses the ocean's healing properties in its treatments. While outdoor there is a host of watersports on offer. An indulgent beach break. See More
Pelican Grand Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale 156 rooms from £232Beach Life - Boasting its own stretch of white sand beach - this is the perfect summer getawayFamilies - With activities to suit all, this is the perfect choice for a family getawaySpa - Pure Spa is a rooftop boutique spa where Swedish well being is the name of the gameRestaurant - Ocean 2000 offers sophisticated oceanfront dining
A has-it-all resort set on its own private beach in Fort Lauderdale. Spacious rooms have a coastal feel with wicker chairs, palm-print fabrics and private terraces overlooking the ocean. From the spa to the tubing river pool, this is a 'drop your bags and unwind' sort of place. See More