Search the best hotels in Fort Lauderdale
About Fort Lauderdale
This is a city where you can saunter amongst the rich and swanky - and there are plenty of those - without having to be either. The city is really about the beach and the water, the latter including both the sea and the series of inland waterways which has earned the city the title ‘Venice of the Americas’. The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale, not surprisingly, are on the water’s edge.
What Not To Miss
- Stroll along the palm-tree dotted promenade, swerving to avoid runners, skaters and cyclists, or play about on the seven miles of beach with its surfing, basketball and volleyball.
- The northern stretches are more for people-watching; expect to see miniscule amounts of swimming costume and plenty of oiled-up flesh.
- Take a cruise on the waterways - the Carrie B, a replica 19th-century steamboat, is one of the nicest ways - to ogle at the mega-yachts and mansions of the rich and famous.
- There are a handful of high-quality museums such as the Museum of Art and plenty of shopping and dining on Las Olas Boulevard.
- Or gawp at the mega-cruise ships at Port Everglades one of the world’s busiest cruise-ports.
The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale include splashy hotels on the beach and more old-Florida-charm hotels inland. Just don't forget to book well in advance.....this is a busy spot year round.
The best places to stay in Fort Lauderdale
For central location
- In a great position overlooking the intercoastal waterway and only a block from the beach, The Pillars is done out in contemporary-colonial style. A water-taxi whisks you to downtown Fort Lauderdale or you can try your hand at surfing or kayaking, or just relax by the pool. Great restaurant, too.
- A few miles to the south of Fort Lauderdale centre, but in a magnificent beachfront position, the Aqualina Resort and Spa is ideal for families with a kids club, three pools, watersports, extensive spa, plus three restaurants. Most rooms face the Atlantic Ocean and some have kitchenettes.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of wonderful properties close to the beach - ideal for soaking up the best that Fort Lauderdale has to offer.
- Fly to Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport located 6.5km (4 miles) from Fort Lauderdale with a selection of flights to major domestic and International destinations including to Europe and South America.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Fort Lauderdale with links to Miami amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline - for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - from December to April for pleasant temperatures and weather.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Plunge Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale 163 rooms from £91Beach Life - Set right on the beach in laid back Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, the perfect relaxed beach breakFamilies - With spacious rooms and numerous facilities, this is a great choice for a family holidaySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolOn the beach - In front of the hotel.
A charmingly converted motel that has a real Floridian feel - a little bit retro and all about the beach. Spacious rooms feature pastel-coloured hues, french doors leading onto private terraces, and ocean-inspired artworks. Complete with a seafood restaurant, large pool, and an attractive price tag. See More
The Dalmar Fort Lauderdale 209 rooms from £105City Style - The hotel is situated right in the heart of Fort Lauderdale which has a buzzing, artsy vibe to it with great attractionsLocal exploring - Only 600 metres from Las Olas Boulevard where you can explore the NSU Art Museum, dozens of bistros and specialty shopsSights nearby - Take a day trip to see the alligators in the Everglades or go by train for a day trip to MiamiSailing - Rent a boat for the day and cruise the Intercoastal highway by boat
A new luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of lively Fort Lauderdale. With an edgy urban resort-style, the rooms are extremely comfortable with heavenly beds and rainforest showers. Delicious locally-inspired cuisine and handcrafted cocktails set on a chic terrace. For real trendsetters! See More
Elita Hotel Fort Lauderdale 20 rooms from £120Local exploring - Discover Las Olas shopping district, home to luxury retailers, local boutiques, world-class art galleries and al fresco diningSights nearby - Visit the breathtaking Everglades National Park to see alligators and Butterfly WorldViews - Lovely ocean views from roomsSwimming Pool - A great outdoor pool
A chic boutique hotel, only moments from Fort Lauderdale's beautiful beaches. The spacious rooms have perfectly balanced modern and sleek interiors featuring glass showers and marble sinks. Relax poolside in the lush tropical garden. Close by are great restaurants and bars. A smart Florida stay. See More
Marriot Harbour Beach Fort Lauderdale 650 rooms from £183Families - Spacious suites, a host of family orientated water activites and great family-friendly menus. Plus there's a fantastic kids clubLocal exploring - Enjoy the resorts perfect location for exploring the near the shops, dining and nightlife of Las Olas BoulevardActive Holiday - From wave runners to boogie boards and catamarans to kayaks, this resort is perfect for adventure seekersBeach Life - The resort is nestled along a quarter-mile stretch of pristine private beach
Family-orientated luxury resort on a private and rare quarter of a mile of beautiful Fort Lauderdale beach- an aquatic paradise. Rooms lend laid-back tropical tranquillity with bathrooms which have generous walk-in showers. A casual seafood restaurant provides a glorious seafront location. See More
Conrad Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale 290 rooms from £184Beach Life - Located right on the coast with most rooms offering sea views - an indulgent base for a beach breakLuxury - Fine dining, a plush spa, and spot on minimalist design - Fort Lauderdale's latest luxury offeringSpa - Conrad Spa offers personalised treatments including body wraps, facials, massages and much moreSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool with plenty of cabanas and pool bar
A luxury tower hotel offering spectacular sea views overlooking Fort Lauderdale Beach. An all-suite property, rooms are spacious and bright with floor to ceiling windows, kitchenettes and stylish white design. With a large pool and seafood restaurant, this is a desirable stay. See More
W Fort Lauderdale Fort Lauderdale (Florida) 450 rooms from £192City Style - A sleek contemporary hotel that follows in Fort Lauderdale's party inclined footsteps - a place that is both hip and funFoodies - James Beard Award winning Restaurateur Stephen Starr heads the five excellent restaurantsSwimming Pool - Two outdoor poolsLively - Hip and happening.
A sleek beach hotel set near the best nightlife in Fort Lauderdale. Chic rooms are minimalist inside with all the latest technology, decadent bathrooms, and glass doors leading onto large terraces. The five restaurants are headed by an award-winning chef and the lively bar is a real draw. See More
The Pillars Fort Lauderdale 18 rooms from £212Views - Of the intracoastal waterway.Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Warm and sophisticated hotel perched on the banks of the Intercoastal Waterway. Views onto the water or the outdoor pool from rooms and suites which are tastefully decorated in a colonial style. Hop on the water taxi to explore downtown Fort Lauderdale. On-site restaurant serves Mediterranean fare. See More
Pelican Grand Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale 156 rooms from £232Beach Life - Boasting its own stretch of white sand beach - this is the perfect summer getawayFamilies - With activities to suit all, this is the perfect choice for a family getawaySpa - Pure Spa is a rooftop boutique spa where Swedish well being is the name of the gameSwimming Pool - Zero-entry pool and tubing river pool
A has-it-all resort set on its own private beach in Fort Lauderdale. Spacious rooms have a coastal feel with wicker chairs, palm-print fabrics and private terraces overlooking the ocean. From the spa to the tubing river pool, this is a 'drop your bags and unwind' sort of place. See More