- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Garberville
Garberville is surrounded by redwood forests - it’s just south of the entrance to the Avenue of the Giants, a 30 mile stretch of scenic highway along which grow some of the world’s tallest and most impressive trees. You don’t have to hike long out of Garberville to reach a redwood grove. And you’re just four hours drive from San Francisco. There’s not too much to do here, but there is a colourful community of about 50% hippies and 50% old loggers. The best places to stay in Garberville borrow from the peace and majesty of the redwood forests and are great places to come to escape.
What Not To Miss
- Explore the beautiful Richardson Grove State Park with fantastic opportunities for hiking and camping amidst the majestic Redwood trees.
- Experience a piece of the history of the area at One Log House with various preserved historic items.
- Alternatively, take a tour of Julia Morgan Redwood Grove - a property and estate designed by architect Julia Morgan with striking historic features set amidst the lovely forest.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Garberville allow visitors to really make the most of the vast forests.
The best places to stay in Garberville
For a country Inn
- The Benbow Inn is a beautiful country inn in Benbow, which is surrounded by forests of redwoods. As well as having a pool, jacuzzi and sports courts, the Benbow Inn also offers complimentary bike hire. And it’s surrounded by wonderful walking trails.
For an apartment or cabin
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for remote properties, ideal for enjoying some sensational views.
- Fly to San Francisco International Airport located 360km (224 miles) from Garberville with a wide selection of flights to both domestic and International destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the vast forests by road - for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide typically pleasant temperatures, ideal for exploring the forests.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Garberville for you?
Best Hotels in Garberville
Benbow Inn 55 rooms from $200Garberville
A beautiful country inn located in a rural area, offering the ideal Californian Redwood retreat. Sports courts, nearby hiking routes, complimentary bicycles, pool, jacuzzi, and playground. Just a short drive from San Francisco and Wine Country. Excellent for an active family weekend getaway.Sights nearby - Redwood river and forests. Around half an hour's drive from the Avenue of the GiantsSecluded setting - For escaping.Back to NatureLocal markets - Good for local colour.