- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Healdsburg
In the heart of the Sonoma wine region, Healdsburg has been blessed with fertile soil, and since the rise of the farmer’s market this little town has become a bit of a mecca for foodies and wine lovers. And now, as well as the regular markets, Healdsburg also has numerous restaurants, cafes and wine tasting rooms. The best places to stay in Healdsburg tend to be grown-up, boutique-y properties where you can expect a quiet, understated pampering. Healdsburg’s gentrification is recent, so the atmosphere and architecture is wonderfully unspoiled.
What Not To Miss
- Most visitors to Healdsburg are here to eat, drink and relax, so expect to find plenty of open cellar doors and be prepared to book your restaurant table in advance. Especially on a weekend lunch - it is little over an hours drive from San Francisco.
- If you want to tour the wineries you might want to consider doing it by bike - many of them can be found on two roads, Dry Creek Road or Westside Road and the countryside it pretty flat.
- There’s also a beautiful river nearby if you fancy a spot of canoeing or kayaking and plenty of beautiful walking trails.
- Healdsburg plaza is a great place to explore the variety of shops and restaurants available or even just to enjoy a coffee and people-watch.
Some of the best places to stay in Healdsburg can be found in the town itself around the sun-dappled town plaza, while some are out amongst the wineries.
The best places to stay in Healdsburg
- If you're looking for classic luxury and elegance book the Hotel Les Mars. Rooms are beautiful with canopied four posters, fireplaces and deep hydrotherapy jet tubs.
- The Hotel Healdsburg is a modern boutique hotel surrounded by lovely gardens. There's a shady, wisteria clad terrace and the 55 rooms are simple and elegant. Its Dry Creek Kitchen is renowned for its seasonal dishes and there's also Pizzando for fabulous wood fired pizzas.
For eco chic
- H2Hotel is an eco-friendly hotel whose cool design is inspired by nature. Rooms are clutter free and there’s a great wine list.
For central chic
- Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza is a classic Californian inn, located right in the centre of the action on the historic Healdsburg Plaza. The rooms are sophisticated yet understated, with neutral tones and plush linens. Kick off your evening with their complimentary wine and hors d' oeuvres. Simple, elegant and grown up.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a wonderful selection of properties, ideal for making the most of the food and wine.
- Fly to Oakland International Airport located 130km (81 miles) from Healdsburg with a wide variety of routes both domestically and Internationally including to Europe.
- Alternatively, if you want to rent a car to explore the charming wine region - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Autumn from September to October during the harvest season is a great time to visit - especially for the wineries.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Healdsburg
H2Hotel 36 rooms from £168Healdsburg (California)
Cool eco-friendly hotel that uses organic materials and nature inspired design to create a relaxing and welcoming environment. Bedrooms are clutter free with bamboo floors and fresh cotton linens. Relax at the hotel pool and bar or get out and explore the fantastic countryside and activities nearby.Wine tasting - Situated in the heart of Northern Sonoma wine countryKayaking - The Russian RiverSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Hotel Healdsburg 55 rooms from £237Healdsburg (California)
A modern boutique hotel, draped in gorgeous wisteria, with a great outdoor garden and swimming pool with shady terrace seating area. Guest rooms are simply yet elegantly decorated with dark wood floors and polished concrete in the bathrooms. A variety of dining spots and a small relaxing spa.Wine tasting - Explore the nearby wineries of California's Sonoma wine regionLocal markets - Healdsburg Farmers MarketGreat walks - Culinary Walking ToursSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Hotel Les Mars 16 rooms from £215Healdsburg (California)
Heart of Sonoma Wine Country with wineries, art galleries and restaurants on the doorstep. Classically decorated rooms with fireplaces, Italian linens, marble bathrooms and breakfast. The true gateway to the world of Californian vineyards to be explored by balloon, bicycle, foot or on horseback.Kayaking - Head to Lake Sonoma Recreational Area.Fishing - Dry Creek for fishing rainbow trout.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza 12 rooms from £226Healdsburg
A classic Californian inn, located right in the centre of the action on the historic Healdsburg Plaza. The rooms are sophisticated yet understated, with neutral tones and plush linens. Kick off your evening with their complimentary wine and hors d' oeuvres. Simple, elegant and grown up.Cooking classes - Just a couple blocks west, cooking classes teach what to do with delectables from the Farmers Market.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterTraditional