Search the best hotels in Nashville
If you like country music then Nashville is a pilgrimage waiting to happen. But in addition to the cowboy boots, line dancing, and the honky tonk, Nashville is a culturally-rich city: booming commercially and with a young, vibrant atmosphere. Nashville is the kind of city where new things are opening up all the time, from art galleries to innovative restaurants and hip micro-breweries to coffeehouses. Some of the best places to stay in Nashville still have a country music theme about them, which can be a lot of fun.
Our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels in Nashville are centred around Music Row, which is where you’ll find a strip of live music venues, plus pubs, bars, and restaurants - in fact, everything you need for a lively nightlife scene.
Beyond the music, Nashville’s architecture is pretty impressive as well, some of it historic and some of it modern, and they even have a full-scale replica of the Parthenon which you can find in Centennial Park. Slightly out of town you'll find a number of plantation houses, Fort Negley, a civil-war era fort, and The Hermitage, the home of former president Andrew Jackson.
What not to miss
- If you’re here for the music then by day you’ll probably want to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Ryman Auditorium, RCA Studio B, the Grand Ole Opry House, the Johnny Cash Museum and Musica, a 38-foot high sculpture.
- Head around the Belle Meade Plantation to learn all about Nashville's history, and you can also taste a variety of the wines that they grow onsite.
- Tennessee’s great marble State Capitol is also worthy of a visit. Its steep steps lead down to the Bicentennial Mall, which is where you’ll find the wonderful daily farmer’s market.
- The State Park which surrounds the Capitol has a giant map of the state along with monuments recounting Tennessee’s history - since pre-historic time - and numerous fountains and a carillon.
If you're coming in the busy summer months then be sure to plan well ahead as the best places to stay in Nashville get quickly booked up!
The best places to stay in Nashville
For the centre of town
- The Hutton Hotel is an environmentally-friendly contemporary design hotel in the heart of Nashville with 250 rooms and a well-known restaurant, the 1808 Grille, which specialises in traditional Southern dishes with an international edge. Only blocks away from Music Row.
- Set in an historic building, the 21C Museum Hotel boasts chic accommodation with a top-notch restaurant to boot. An incredibly smart spot for a city break.
- The 404 is a hip 5-room hotel located close to downtown Nashville. With custom-built furniture and artwork on the walls, it's a stylish stay that's bound to please.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering apartment then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're coming from far away then fly into Nashville International Airport before taking a taxi or bus into the centre of town.
- Weather-wise, the best time to visit is in the summer - the average temperature rises to 27°C in June and July.
- However, this is the busiest time of the year. If you're looking for a quieter and cheaper alternative, consider coming in the shoulder-seasons (spring or autumn).
- If you fancy the freedom of having a car with you then search through the options with Rentalcars.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Nashville for you?
Best Hotels in Nashville
Hutton Hotel 247 rooms from £172Nashville
Located in the heart of Midtown Nashville, this modern contemporary design provides a comfortable stay. It is well known for committing to an extensive green programme. Hutton's famous and signature 1808 Grille mixes traditional Southern dishes with worldwide flavours, ensuring a tasteful meal.Sights nearby - Only blocks away from Music Row, Parthenon, Vanderbilt University and so onSpa - Available in the comfort of your own bedroomLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Tablet
21c Museum Hotel 124 rooms from £298Nashville
21c Museum Hotel is set in the historic Gray and Dudley building, downtown Nashville, referencing this with their splendid namesake of a restaurant. You'll find this spot elegantly modern with smatterings of art on the walls, stylish accommodation and open, well-lit common spaces. A top city break!Sights nearby - Head over to Nashville Zoo and be sure to see the city's full-scale replica of the ParthenonGreat walks - Meander around the city getting a feel for its unique atmosphereDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
The 404 5 rooms from £269Nashville (TN)
A small, hip hotel located close to downtown Nashville with sleek, vintage, custom-built furniture and original art-works on the walls. Next-door to the well-known restaurant The 404 Kitchen. Cozy and comfortable. Simple and stylish.Local exploring - Conveniently situated in the Gulch neighbourhood between Music Row and downtown NashvilleFoodies - Some of the finest restaurants out the front door with local and international cuisinesCity Style - Contemporary style decor and modern comfort for the city travellerDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet