Search the best hotels in New Hampshire
About New Hampshire
Small but bewitchingly scenic, New Hampshire is a wonderful state for lovers of history and the great outdoors. With landscapes ranging from jagged mountains to forest-fringed lakes, the region brims with opportunities for adventure. And there are fascinating colonial-era towns, too! Accommodation options include intimate inns, impressive lakeside hotels and mountain resorts, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in New Hampshire are heritage properties with heaps of character — brilliant for couples, families or groups of friends travelling together.
Head north to White Mountain National Forest for hiking, mountain biking and berry-picking in the summer months, beautiful autumnal scenery and skiing or snowshoeing aplenty during the winter. Climb Mount Washington, the region’s highest peak, or take the steam-powered cog railway to its summit for impressive views. New Hampshire’s landscapes are gorgeous — the Great North Woods and Pawtuckaway State Park are particular highlights. Towards the centre of the state, you’ll find the Lakes Region. Ideal for tranquil escapes, this area is known for its great fishing, canoeing, sailing and boat trips. Explore the islands of Lake Winnipesaukee, kayak the waters of Squam Lake and visit lovely Holderness.
For top-notch food, museums and other cultural attractions, base yourself in Concord — the state capital — Exeter or Manchester. The coastal town of Portsmouth is sure to be a big hit with history buffs!
Whether you’re eager to delve into the past, to taste hearty New England fare or to hide away amidst striking scenery, New Hampshire has it all. Many of the best places to stay fill up fast during the summer months, so book you trip well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in New Hampshire
For a Historic Inn
- Three Chimneys Inn was built in 1649 — great for history-minded travellers visiting the small coastal town of Durham. Think four-poster beds and fireplaces, as well as farm-to-table fare at the Sawyer Tavern. Families are welcome.
- Wakefield Inn & Restaurant offers just five lovely bedrooms in a heritage property in Wakefield Corner. On the United States National Register of Historic Places, this is a classic New England pick for couples and history buffs dreaming of a tranquil escape.
- Inn by the Bandstand is a bright little hotel with just eight guestrooms in a 1809 Federal-style mansion. Expect lavish period interiors and a superb location in Exeter's historic district, moments from the river. Charming and intimate, perfect for couples and culture lovers.
- Hancock & Fox Tavern is New Hampshire's oldest inn. Welcoming guests since 1789, the fourteen-room property features quirky period decor, fabulous locally-sourced food and a warm welcome for romantic couples. Close to Mount Monadnock, which is popular with hikers. Also good for weddings.
For A Downtown Stay
- Hanover Inn sits at the heart of Dartmouth College Campus, making it a top choice for visiting families or prospective students. Spacious rooms include inviting leather sofas and checkered prints. The restaurant focuses on farm-to-table dishes, and there's an on-site gym. Charming and historic.
- The Hotel Portsmouth has 32 indulgent rooms with classic furnishings and a soothing colour palette in a masterfully restored Queen Anne building. Pick this B&B for the hearty breakfasts, central Portsmouth location, and thoughtful nods to the building's heritage. Helpful staff are full of local foodie recommendations.
- The Hotel Concord is a slick, modern property in downtown Concord. Ideal for business or leisure travellers, the hotel features smart interiors in soothing tones, as well as a great gym and fireside lounge. Plus there's a lovely eatery and a cinema in the building!
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown offers contemporary rooms tucked behind a classic red-brick façade in central Keene. Kick your evenings off with at the hotel's cocktail hour before heading to nearby restaurants or Keene's funky nighlife scene. For business or holidays.
- The Sailmaker's House is a chic boutique guesthouse with 10 cosy rooms in the heart of downtown Portsmouth. A converted sailmaker's home, the property fuses maritime touches and contemporary comfort with traditional New Hampshire style. Lovely & laid-back!
For a Country Escape
- The Glen House is a traditional lodge with a cool, contemporary twist. Expect well-appointed bedrooms for couples, friends or families, and lots to do — including kayaking, swimming, mountain biking and winter skiing. Stay here for a warm, welcoming vibe and spectacular Mount Washington views.
- The Manor on Golden Pond offers sumptuous bedrooms — some with fireplaces or whirlpool tubs — a smart restaurant, tennis, croquet, cooking lessons and a superb spa, set on 13 acres of grounds overlooking the White Mountains. A romantic retreat for the discerning traveller in search of seclusion.
- Bedford Village Inn promises an indulgent rural escape in southern New Hampshire. The 10-acre estate features elegant rooms and suites, a pampering spa and top-notch gourmet cuisine. Brilliant for honeymoons or classic weddings. Very swish.
- The Lyme Inn is a pretty, 19th-century inn close to the New Hampshire-Vermont border. One for outdoorsy travellers eager to try fishing, mountain biking or hiking the Appalachian trail. The white-painted clapboard house offers 14 indulgent guestrooms, a fun games room and an acclaimed eatery. A charming boutique choice for couples or families.
- Notchland Inn is a rustic, traditional property hidden amidst the dramatic scenery of the White Mountain National Forest. Active travellers will find lots to do outdoors, and the five-course dinners are a real treat. With just 12 guestrooms, this is an intimate rural spot. Good for couples.
- Adair Country Inn is a New England gem, close to the sleepy town of Bethlehem. The nine rooms are decorated in a traditional country house style and there are outdoor activities aplenty. But the highlight is the food; expect flavourful regional fare, including Grilled Filet Mignon or Crab & Artichoke Gratin. A laid-back foodie favourite.
- Sugar Hill Inn prides itself on its award-winning cuisine, using locally-sourced ingredients — including herbs from the hotel gardens and maple syrup from Sugar Hill itself. Wine lovers can pair their dishes with a selection of more than 100 of the USA's best wines, too. Retire to a romantic collection of classic suites and cottages after delicious dinners — and look forward to big breakfasts!
- The Inn at Pleasant Lake offers a wonderful waterfront stay in a heritage building in New London. The ten rooms and suites are elegant, there are lake-focused activities, and the gourmet fare at acclaimed Oak & Grain Restaurant is fantastic. There is a particular focus on supporting local farmers. Try the popular 'Chef's Whim'!
- Woodstock Inn Brewery is a funky pub & restaurant with rooms in a former railway station. Come for the quirky decor — think lots of patterned textiles and carved wood — and stay for the mouth-watering food, locally-brewed craft beers and live music nights. Eat, drink and be merry.
For Families or Groups
- The Exeter Inn features 46 rooms and suites, with flexible options for families or groups. Set behind a 1930s Georgian-style façade a short walk from downtown Exeter, this is a great pick for business or leisure, with a gourmet eatery — which serves kids' meals — excellent meeting facilities and a small gym. The leafy gardens and spacious event spaces are good for weddings or family celebrations.
- Omni Mount Washington Resort is a fabulous family-friendly choice, complete with a spa, several swimming pools, golf, tennis courts and stables. There's no shortage of activites for guests of all ages, the White Mountain setting is beautiful, and the hotel itself is historic. The ultimate family holiday.
- The Wentworth is a classic country inn, tucked within the White Mountains. Active families or groups will find lots to see and do — from golf to hiking, skiing and horse riding — before retreating to generously-proportioned apartments for relaxed evenings together. The two- and three-bedroom options are great for bigger groups.
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa promises a wealth of facilities for children and grown-ups on a sprawling estate. Little ones will adore visiting sheep, rabbits, goats and llamas on the working farm or going snow-tubing before feasting on s'mores in the evenings. There's a spa for the adults, too! Charming and opulent.
For Waterfront Views
- Wentworth by the Sea is a splendid coastal hotel near Portsmouth, with classic interiors and beautiful sea views. Boasting a restaurant, swimming pool, spa and gym, and easy access to golf courses and the marina, this is a grand, resort-style base for a charming New Hampshire stay.
- The Lake House at Ferry Point sits on the shore of Lake Winnisquam, perfect for kayaking, fishing, sailing, or hiking and mountain biking. There are ten attractive bedrooms — many of which have lake views — and a relaxed, grown-up feel. A laid-back B&B for nature lovers.
- Great Island Inn is a cool, cosy apartment-hotel on New Castle island, just a few minutes from downtown Portsmouth. Pick this place for a sense of independence as a couple or group of friends. Pets are allowed in some of the studios, and kitchens are well-equipped for cooking after trips to the market. Book a top-floor spot for sea views.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either Manchester International Airport, Portsmouth International Airport at Pease, or to Boston's Logan International Airport, and travel to your destination by taxi, train or bus.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit during the summer months (June to August) for warm weather, with temperatures averaging at around 24°C. This is also a beautiful area to explore in the winter, but do come prepared for sub-zero temperatures!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Portsmouth, NH.
- Or perhaps look at our recommendations for the best hotels in New England.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in New Hampshire
Best Hotels in New Hampshire
Exeter Inn Exeter NH (Exeter) 46 rooms from £86Families - Great for families, with cots and extra beds available, kids meals, and a relaxed quiet atmosphereCountry Escape - Escape to the quiet town of Exeter, a charming gateway to the rolling hills of Rockingham CountyValue chic - The Inn is attractive in its appearance, history and pricingGreat walks - The town of Exeter boasts great walks through the town's parks and forests
This Georgian Inn offers comfortable rooms with excellent amenities in a regal, town centre setting. The handsome town-house boasts pleasant gardens, an on-site restaurant and bar, and a well-equipped fitness suite. Ideal for both families and couples with a range of attractively priced rooms. See More
Three Chimneys Inn Durham, New Hampshire 23 rooms from £93Views - Located on a hill overlooking beautiful gardens, the Oyster River and Old Mill Falls.Sights nearby - Just 10 minutes' walk from the University of New HampshireRestaurant - Recommended.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Enjoying beautiful surroundings in the small coastal town of Durham, Three Chimneys Inn is a gateway to New Hampshire's Seacoast region. Interiors are elegant and timeless, with four-posters, fireplaces, rich carpets, floral motifs and saturated autumn colours. The Sawyer Tavern serves local fare. See More
Ale House Inn Portsmouth NH 10 rooms from £110Local exploring - Portsmouth will appeal to beach-lovers, history buffs, walkers & those looking to explore the picturesque Hampshire coastlineGreat walks - There are great nature and beach trails in the area; Portsmouth Harbor Trail is especially good for culture vulturesSights nearby - Take a tour of USS Albacore, a historic submarine, visit Fuller Gardens, John Paul Jones House and Prescott ParkSailing - Take in the sites from the water on a local harbour cruise
Great value quaint historic inn. Situated in a 19th-century red-brick former brewery, rooms are small but many have river views; decor is contemporary with bright colours, mismatched furniture and nautical palettes. Warm, welcoming and cosy public areas have fireplaces and exposed-brick walls. See More
Wakefield Inn & Restaurant Wakefield, New Hampshire 5 rooms from £113Back to Nature - Surrounded by seven scenic lakes; spend days boating, fishing, swimming and kayaking or cycling, riding & hiking on their shoresCountry Escape - Charming base for restful weekends with farmer's markets, quaint villages and endless trails for walks in the countrysideRestaurant - Excellent restaurant serving traditional Inn fare is open for dinner on Thu, Fri & Sat evenings. Reservations recommendedLocal markets - Pick up local produce from an array of local farms; McKenzie's Farm, Garvin Farms and Wakefield Farmer's Market are fab
Rural family-run inn with an atmospheric restaurant. Handsome well-appointed interiors combine period decor with contemporary touches; think four-poster beds with snuggly duvets, traditional drapery and antique furnishings with bold prints. Homely base for exploring New England; ideal for couples. See More
The Inn Downtown Portsmouth NH 10 rooms from £116Local exploring - Ideal for exploring both downtown Portsmouth & Kittery on foot. The latter boasts independent shops, hip eateries and galleriesShort fly break - This quaint fishing town is just an hour from Boston yet a world-awaySights nearby - Explore John Paul Jones House or Moffatt-Ladd House & GardenMinimum Stay - Two night minimum stays apply on weekends
Historic downtown 19th century home converted into range of contemporary-chic self-catered studios. Cosy living areas and modern kitchens are decorated with SMEG fridges, on-trend colour palettes and bold prints. Walk to the waterfront and great restaurants. Brilliant option for longer stays. See More
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown Keene, New Hampshire 40 rooms from £116Great walks - Hike Monadnock Mountain, which inspired the likes of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.Romantic - Good for couples.Private Hot Tub
Historic redbrick hotel in central Keene. Interiors feature bold patterns, exposed brick in some rooms, queen or king beds. Delicious continental breakfast is served free of charge every morning. The hotel offers fitness facilities and cocktail hour in the bar. Close to restaurants and cafes. See More
The Elm City Carriage Barn Keene, New Hampshire 4 rooms from £123Groups - Lovely two-bedroom apartment will suit friends or families. Booked on self-catered basis, there's a shared kitchen & living areaValue chic - Affordable, comfortable and with a friendly host, all walking distance to many of the town's attractionsMinimum Stay - Apartment carries a two-night minimum stayGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Pretty colonial owner-run B&B walking distance from downtown Keene. Three charming rooms channel a homely old-world feeling with floral wallpaper and mismatched antique furnishings. There's a two-bedroom self-catered apartment and airy dining room for breakfast. Quaint and tranquil small-town base. See More
The Hotel Portsmouth - Downtown Portsmouth NH 32 rooms from £126Value chic - An historic and lively hotel offering vibrant interiors, luxorious bedding and a downtown location at a very reasonable priceGreat walks - The stunning Prescott Park is just a five minute walk away, wander the ten plus acres of waterfront parklandsSights nearby - Centrally located within walking distance of Portsmouth's best bars, restaurants and historic sitesRomantic - Good for couples.
A beautiful Queen Ann building, masterfully restored, in the heart of Portsmouth. The sharp interiors are modern and indulgent while nodding to the building's rich history. An excellent breakfast is served each morning and helpful staff will guide you to the best dinner spots. Warm and welcoming. See More
Woodstock Inn Brewery North Woodstock, New Hampshire 40 rooms from £130Active Holiday - Franconia Notch State Park offers fab outdoor activities year-round; ski, hike, mountain bike, swim & kayak in stunning sceneryClose to nightlife - There's a great atmosphere across the property's four pubs; expect live music, televized sport matches & lots of local cheerRestaurant - Award-winning Main Bar is the property's beating heart with food, drinks and music. Relax in the Tap Room or Brew PubFamilies - Homely ranch-style Keegan House sleeps up to seven guests across three bedrooms
Lively small-town brewery, restaurant, pub and rooms in former railway station. Bursting with country charm, rooms and suites channel rustic ranch-style decor with reclaimed wood furniture, quilts & fireplaces; many have whirlpool tubs. Relaxed homely base to return to after a day in the mountains. See More
The Hotel Concord Concord, New Hampshire 38 rooms from £140Local exploring - Concord is New Hampshire's cultural capital; enjoy great galleries, performing arts centres, independent boutiques & restaurantsFamilies - Children under the age of 17 stay free, making this a great value option for familiesCity Style - With handy central location, this is Concord's most stylish boutique propertySights nearby - Viewed from the hotel, make sure to visit New Hampshire State House, built between 1816 and 1819, which offers free tours
Modern luxury boutique hotel steps from Concord's State House. Located on top floors of centrally-located new-build with cinema and restaurant on-site, tasteful and elegant rooms offers downtown views, deluxe amenities and lots of space. Enjoy the gym, fireside lounges and outdoor patio. A fab find. See More
The Inn at Pleasant Lake New London, New Hampshire 10 rooms from £148Foodies - There is a special wine and dine package which includes a 5-course tasting menu and wine and cheese on arrivalActive Holiday - From skiing to cycling or kayaking, this is the perfect destination for adventure seekersRestaurant - Enjoy spectacular lake view dining at the restaurant, that focuses on food crafted with local ingredientsKayaking - Kayaks, canoes and row boats are avaliable to guests (life jackets and paddles are included)
A stunning waterfront inn in New London. Rooms and suites are spacious and traditional with mahogany beds, whirlpool tubs and magnificent views. Guests have access to the tennis courts, canoes, kayaks, rowboats and a private beach. Gourmet meals at the award-winning restaurant complete the picture. See More
The Lyme Inn Lyme, New Hampshire 14 rooms from £151Back to Nature - The local area begs to be explored; visit lakes, forests and mountains for skiing, fishing, swimming, hiking and bikingCountry Escape - Lovely spot to lay your head and relax by the fire after wholesome days exploring the countrysideRestaurant - Charming restaurant is a new incarnation of a popular local insitution; expect classic dishes with local, seasonal ingredientsGreat walks - Join parts of the Appalachian Trail that run close to the property. Expect excellent hiking with stunning mountain views
Beautiful 19th-century coaching inn surrounded by countryside. Elegant clapboard and shuttered facade houses well-appointed rooms with classic decor; many have fireplaces. Enjoy the atmospheric restaurant, games room, terrace and large gardens. Homely and welcoming base to enjoy the area. See More
Chesterfield Inn West Chesterfield, New Hampshire 15 rooms from £151Romantic Break - Couples can enjoy a romantic weekend with whirlpool tubs, beautiful scenery and delicious foodActive Holiday - From kayaking and hiking to skiing, adventure seekers will not be disappointedKayaking - Rent a canoe or kayak and take a paddle on the Connecticut or West Rivers in Brattleboro, VermontSpa - Guests can book luxurious spa treatments in the privacy of their room
An idyllic inn in Chesterfield. Rooms feature spindle poster beds, floral wallpapers, antique furnishings, fireplaces and bathrooms with whirlpool baths. Indulge with an in-room spa treatment and relax on an Adirondack chair on the lawn. A charming stay, completed by the superb regional restaurant. See More
The Sailmaker's House Portsmouth NH (New Hampshire) 10 rooms from £155Local exploring - Set close to the harbour and heritage Portsmouth, this hotel is perfectly place for local exploring in New HampshireRomantic Break - Couples love the luxury finish at this boutique guesthouse; book a deluxe room for a private living area and patioCity Style - Located in a heritage property in the heart of Portsmouth's old district, this hotel has lots of local city charmGreat walks - Explore historic Portsmouth on a long walk; head to the harbourfront Prescott Park for pretty marina views
Nestled on Portsmouth's Seacoast, this renovated sailmaker's house has been transformed into a boutique inn. Behind the wooden facade, a spiral staircase leads to cosy guestrooms with original brick fireplaces, sink-in rugs and bespoke fittings. Maritime accents run throughout; a stylish guesthouse. See More
The Notchland Inn New Hampshire 12 rooms from £155Outstanding location - Deep in the White Mountain National ForestRestaurant - A wonderful 5-course dinner is served in a single seating at 7pm. The romantic dining room overlooks the gardens and the pondViews - The inn rests atop a knoll at the base of Mount Bemis & looks out upon Mounts Hope and CrawfordGreat walks - Hundreds of miles of hiking, including the Appalachian Trail, and the Crawford and Davis Paths
A beautiful romantic inn in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest. A cosy paradise for those active, nature-loving couples. The rooms are comfortable, welcoming and full of character. The superb 5 course meal served in the restaurant will be deserved after the day's outdoor activities! See More
Adair Country Inn Bethlehem, New Hampshire 9 rooms from £155Back to Nature - If your interests include skiing, hiking or cycling in one of America's areas of natural splendour, then you are well kept here.Hideaway - Perched atop a hillock in 200 acres of forest you can truly retreat into a private heaven!Boutique - This inn only has nine rooms, each individually decorated.Local markets - Bethlehem has a Saturday farmers market in summer months.
Quaint country inn set amongst hundreds of acres of ancient woodland. Interiors are traditional without seeming dated and offer a glimpse into classic small-town New England charm. Huge variety of summer and winter activities on offer. Fresh, local ingredients are served up in the restaurant. See More
The Manor on Golden Pond Holderness (New Hampshire) 24 rooms from £204Local markets - Visit local craft and antique storesCooking classes - Fine Cooking ProgramTennis - Tennis courtRestrictions on children - No childrenRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
A fine New England country manor house set in idyllic grounds with sweeping views of the nearby lake and surrounding hills. Bedrooms feel stately; some have cosy fireplaces and whirlpool baths. The hotel has a sophisticated dining room as well as a more relaxed bar area. Quiet and secluded. See More
Topsides Bed and Breakfast Wolfeboro, New Hampshire 5 rooms from £160Local exploring - Walk to both downtown or Lake Winnipesaukee. Lakeside Wolfeboro offers the quintessential Amiercan small town experienceSailing - Make sure to get out onto Lake Winnipesaukee; rent a speedboat or enjoy a cruise on the replica Mount WashingtonGreat walks - Wentworth State Park offers a scenic backdrop for hiking, picnics, boating and wild swimmingViews - Book Martha's Vineyard room for the best lake viewsRecommended by - Fodors
Beautiful colonial home transformed into owner-run B&B near Lake Winnipesaukee. Each room has been lovingly decorated in a different style; choose from French country, Nantucket or hunting themes. Take breakfast on outdoor terrace before strolling round town on foot. An elegant base for exploring. See More
The Common Man Inn & Spa Plymouth, New Hampshire 38 rooms from £162Back to Nature - Endless outdoor activities are available year round, including river tubing, mountain biking, fly fishing, wintersports & hikingWeddings - Great venue with wide range of accomodation, large grounds, spa for pre-wedding treatments and large halls for dinner & dancingGroups - Cabin in the Woods offers a fab country escape option for friends or families, with kitchen, private Jacuzzi & mountain viewsSpa breaks - For a girly weekend, book 'Ladies Night Out' spa package. It includes a stay in a Loft Room which sleeps up to eight guests
Country inn with impressive facilities; enjoy the heated pool, waterfall hot tub, spa, restaurant and bar. Cosy cabin-inspired rooms feature rustic crafted wood furnishings, throws and fireplaces. Book off-site cabins for a rural experience. Works for romance, friends, weddings and spa retreats. See More
Lake House at Ferry Point Sanbornton, New Hampshire 10 rooms from £164Active Holiday - Explore Gunstock Mountain Resort with summer and winter activies ranging from hiking, skiing, ziplining and bikingBack to Nature - Relax and unwind by the lake and relish the serenitySights nearby - Visit Franconia Notch State Park with camping, swimming, hiking, picnicking, fishing, boating, biking and skiing offeredKayaking - Kayak the lake with the B&B's complimentary kayaks
A charming B&B on Lake Winnisquam. Rooms are classic and comfortable with wooden bed frames, cosy chairs and expansive views of the lake. A breakfast of local produce is served outside under a gazebo and guests have access to paddleboards and kayaks for lake fun. A laidback base in nature. See More
Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa Whitefield, New Hampshire 144 rooms from £176Weddings - Perfect backdrop for dreamy summer weddings. Celebrate with up to 250 across indoor and outdoor venues with mountain viewsActive Holiday - Outdoor activities in and around the area include axe-throwing, skiing, tubing, rafting, kayaking, golf & hikingWellbeing - Health & Wellness Centre offers TechnoGym equipment, yoga studio, indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and tennis courtsCountry Escape - Idyllic rural estate with expansive grounds, mountain views, outdoor country pursuits and its own farm
Expansive five-star historic country resort overlooking White Mountains. With grand public areas and contemporary rooms, deluxe facilities include a range of dining options, a spa and wellness centre & kid-friendly outdoor activities. Works for family holidays, couple's retreats and grand weddings. See More
Hancock Inn and Fox Tavern Hancock, New Hampshire 14 rooms from £179Country Escape - Set quaint and tranquil village and surrounded by beautiful countryside, this is an idyllic rural escapeActive Holiday - From kayaking and fishing to skiing and biking, there is something for everyone throughout the seasonsHistoric - New Hampshire’s oldest inn, the Hancock Inn circa 1789Restaurant - The restaurant showcases New England’s seasons with menus that emphasise the community’s food producers
A historic and charming inn, set in a quintessential New England village. Rooms are cosy and traditional with antique furnishings, gas fireplaces and spacious bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. Breakfasts are a highlight with pancakes and local maple syrup. A homely spot for a rural escape. See More
Eastman Inn North Conway, New Hampshire 14 rooms from £187Local exploring - Homely base to do as little or as much as you like; drive to state parks, indulge in shopping or seek out natural wondersActive Holiday - Echo Lake State Park and wider Mt Washington Valley offers great hiking, mountain biking, skiing, kayaking and climbingHistoric - Handsome three-story Georgian colonial home was built in 1777. It is one of the oldest homes in North ConwaySights nearby - Take a historic train ride through scenic Mount Washington Valley. Board the train from North Conway station
Colonial owner-run B&B with stunning mountain views in North Conway. Individually decorated in the style of a country home, every room features antiques & traditional period touches; some boast fireplaces & whirlpool tubs. Enjoy home-cooked breakfasts and the wrap-around porch. Small-town charm. See More
Hanover Inn Hanover, New Hampshire 93 rooms from £187Sights nearby - Montshire Museum of Science is 1km away, while Hopkins Center for the Arts and the Hood Museum neighbour the hotel.Outstanding location - Situated at the center of the Dartmouth College Campus.Restaurant - Recommended.Traditional
Located at the heart of Dartmouth College campus, Hanover Inn is an attractive neo-Georgian property with character and charm. Rooms feature dark hardwood furniture, and draw on Ivy League style with creams, plaids and leather. Restaurant serves farm-to-table fare sourced locally in New England. See More
The Wentworth Jackson, New Hampshire 61 rooms from £191Groups - Two & three-bedroom condos are perfect for families or friends. Share full kitchen, spacious living area, fireplace & whirlpoolsRomantic Break - Combination of suites with romantic private hot tubs, grown-up dining and indulgent spa offer perfect romantic weekend getawaysActive Holiday - White Mountains area offers outdoor paradise year round. Ski, hike, mountain bike, fish, climb, raft, kayak, ride or play golfWeddings - Ideal for traditional New Hampshire weddings. Property must be booked in its entirety resulting in private & special events
A traditional country inn spread over a range of historic buildings. Nestled within the White Mountain range, views over nature can be enjoyed from the golf course, restaurant & private outdoor hot tubs. Rooms & suites are perfect for couples while condos suit larger groups. Idyllic country retreat. See More
Inn by the Bandstand Exeter NH 8 rooms from £194Local exploring - Discover the museums and shops of Exeter or explore the local natural attractions such as the beach or beautiful walking trailsSights nearby - Visit the Odiorne Point State Park, one of the most beautiful and diverse natural settings along New Hampshire’s coastlineGreat walks - The town of Exeter offers numerous hiking/snowshoing trails like the Henderson Swasey Town Forest and Oaklands Town ForestHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
A charming boutique inn, in the heart of historic downtown Exeter. Rooms are elegant with antique furnishings, precious artworks, brick fireplaces and spacious bathrooms with white-tiled showers. The restaurant serves delicious modern American fare made with locally sourced ingredients. Super! See More
Omni Bretton Arms Inn Bretton Woods, New Hampshire 34 rooms from £202Active Holiday - Incredible range of activities are available throughout the year: skiing, riding, climbing, fishing, tennis, hiking & bikingCountry Escape - All year destination for those who want to indulge in country pursuits, enjoy the fresh air and return to a luxurious baseFamilies - Set up for families with kids. Make the most of family suites, babysitting, Kid's Club and wonderful choice of activitiesSpa - Guest have access to the extensive spa and wellness facilities at Bretton Woods, including three pools, steam and sauna
Historic White Mountains inn turned into an upmarket hotel. Classic yet contemporary, interiors feel fresh but pay homage to the past across the dining room, bar & terrace. Sharing wellness, dining facilities and activities with luxurious Mount Washington Resort. Works for couples & families. See More
Inn at Thorn Hill Jackson, New Hampshire 19 rooms from £204Total relaxation - There's lots to do but this is a fab place to just relax. Read by the fire, book a treament and enjoy walks in fresh country airBack to Nature - White Mountain National Forest boasts 500 miles of hiking, biking, skiing and multi-use trails for those who love the outdoorsRomantic Break - Book one of the private cottages tucked away in the grounds for something special. They come with forest-view whirlpool bathsSkiing - There are six ski resorts within 20 miles. Closer to home, cross-country and snowshoe trails run straight to the door
Luxury inn and spa with an alpine lodge feel. Everything here is geared to romance; indulge in cosy fireside lounges, spoiling suites with forest-view baths, signature spa treatments, fine dining and idyllic outdoor pursuits. Deluxe period decor is spot-on. A prime spot for couple's retreats. See More
Sugar Hill Inn Sugar Hill, New Hampshire 14 rooms from £215Active Holiday - With all sorts of activies avaliable, such as skiing, hiking and kayaking, this is a great choice for an active breakRomantic Break - Romantic extras such as flowers in room, champagne and chocolates, or wine and cheese can be prearrangedRestaurant - The restaurant prides itself in the fact they use only the freshest local produce and herbs grown in their own gardensKayaking - Echo Lake offers views of the mountains, boating, kayaking and swimming
A romantic luxury inn situated in Sugar Hill with breathtaking White Mountain Views. Rooms are spacious and comforting with queen/king-sized beds, gas fireplaces, private porches and bathrooms with large whirlpool tubs. Cocktails are served in the garden and the restaurant is award-winning. See More
Wentworth by the Sea Portsmouth NH 161 rooms from £218Landmark - Known as the "Grand Dame by the Sea", this hotel is a beloved jewel on the New Hampshire coast.Spa - The coast inspired the spa, a tranquil sanctuary dedicated to health and wellbeing.Sailing - Guests enjoy access to the privately-operated Wentworth by the Sea Marina.Views - The hotel overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and the marina of New Castle.
A stalwart landmark of the New Hampshire coast, this gleaming white and splendid hotel has stood the test of time to become a paragon of hospitality. Interiors are classic and traditional with floral patterns, neutral colours and panoramic sea views. Restaurant, pool, spa, gym, golf, marina, bar. See More
Snowvillage Inn Eaton Centre, New Hampshire 17 rooms from £230Local exploring - Perfectly located to explore the best of New England. Over four days visit mountains, lakes, small towns and the oceanActive Holiday - The area offers outdoor activities in summer and winter including skiing, great hiking and mountain bikingRestaurant - Full hot country breakfast is served in the dining room. Max’s Restaurant & Pub offers both fine-dining and relaxed pub foodViews - Selection of rooms in the Main Inn benefit from stunning views over the Presidential Mountain Range
Beautiful country inn overlooking White Mountain's Presidential Range. Three historic buildings are home to cosy public areas & chalet-style rooms; think wood panelling, fluffy carpets & mountain views. Dine at local favourite, Max's Restaurant & Pub. A warm base to return to after a day outdoors. See More
Great Island Inn Portsmouth NH 6 rooms from £232Local exploring - Well located for exploring the area: New Castle offers historic sites, lighthouses, beaches and outdoor activitiesCountry Escape - Works well for those looking for a change of scenery and fresh sea air after months of homeworkingSailing - Get out onto the water for the day; take a cruise around the Isles of ShoalsMinimum Stay - Two night minimum stays applies on select Saturdays and holidays
Modern apartment-hotel situated in a historic house metres from the water. Feel right at home, each light and airy self-catering studio with a nautical colour scheme comes with kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also cosy living, dining & working areas. Quiet base ideal for a country escape. See More
The Glen House Gorham, New Hampshire 68 rooms from £237Views - Sweeping views over Mount Washington from the rooms, restaurant & terrace are very special; come in fall for the best experienceWeddings - Ideal spot for elopments or small weddings for up to 60. Indoor & outdoor venues offer panoramic views of Mount WashingtonEco - Close to energy self-sufficient and carbon neutral. Every element has been carefully designed with latest green techBack to Nature - Explore the highest summit in the Northeast; by car, on foot, by bike or on the water
A modern take on a traditional mountain lodge overlooking Mount Washington. Fresh rooms with homely touches offer family options and fab forest views. With a full-service restaurant, heated indoor pool, fire pit and mountain-facing terrace, this is a great base to return to after a day's exploring. See More
Bedford Village Inn Bedford, New Hampshire 64 rooms from £260Weddings - Fab for celebrations of all sizes with pre-wedding spa & beauty services, indoor / outdoor venues & romantic landscaped gardensCountry Escape - Surrounded by woodland and fields, it's hard to believe the property is just 10 mins from Manchester-Boston Regional airportRomantic Break - Suites in the inn are especially romantic, blending period touches with hand-crafted four-poster beds, tubs and fireplacesTotal relaxation - The perfect spot for a relaxing weekend doing little more than catching up on sleep, eating well and indulging at the spaRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Luxury boutique inn, with a restaurant and tavern, situated in a 19th-century farmhouse. Exquisite rooms with stylish decor are split between the original inn and newer building; all share access to the heated pool, hot tub and full spa. Offers fab dining indoor and out. Idyllic country experience. See More
Omni Mount Washington Resort Bretton Woods, New Hampshire 269 rooms from £269Active Holiday - Whether staying in summer or winter the activity options are endless; try ziplining, gondola rides, carriage and sleigh ridesGolf - Offers award-winning 18-hole and 9-hole championship golf courses; Mount Washington course was built by Donald Ross in 1915Tennis - The resort was voted as one of best family tennis resort in the country; it's been the site of historic matches since 1973Kids Club - Omni Kids Crew program offers fun activities throughout the year including skiing, storytelling and outdoor games
Historic five-star resort surrounded by acres of pristine White Mountain forest. Expect sprawling grounds and traditional style; amenities include a spa, several pools, golf, tennis and stables. Offers an unbelievable range of outdoor pursuits year-round. Holiday resort heaven for all the family. See More