Search the best hotels in New Jersey
About New Jersey
One of the smallest states in the USA, New Jersey packs a punch as a destination steeped in old-school style, history and scenic landscapes. Book a room with a view of the New York City skyline, head to the coast for pretty seaside towns and sailing aplenty, soak up the impressive heritage of whip-smart Princeton, or ensconce yourself in rural bliss. The state abounds with excellent accommodation options, including everything from heritage inns to chic high-rise hotels, fit for a whole host of budgets. Most of the best places to stay in New Jersey are small and characterful, promising a wonderfully warm welcome.
Come summer, it seems like all of New Jersey makes a beeline for the Atlantic coast. With 127 miles of beautiful beaches, there’s stacks of space and an appealing array of seaside spots to choose from. Sandy Hook promises lovely white dunes within views of Manhattan, Atlantic City features the world’s longest boardwalk, as well as some top-notch amusement parks and casinos, whilst Victorian Cape May is a fun place for a seaside family holiday. For quirky kitsch, look no further than the three Wildwood towns, which also offer some of the coast’s largest beaches.
If you’re on the hunt for outdoorsy adventures, the 190-acre Cape May Point State Park is a brilliant pick, as are the Gateway National Recreation Area and the Pinelands National Reserve, near Atlantic City.
Perched on the edge of the Delaware River, Lambertville has a lovely, laid-back feel, whilst tiny Princeton features one of the most illustrious Ivy League universities in the country. Both are ideal for a relaxed weekend.
Jersey City, on the other hand, is a terrific place to soak up the great outdoors in Liberty State Park, catch a live gig or retrace the steps of immigrants who came through Ellis Island to the city.
Whether you’re dreaming of the city or the beach, New Jersey is set to dazzle and delight with its charming inns, funky design hotels and soaring city pads. Book your trip well in advance if you plan to travel during the summer — the best places to stay in New Jersey fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in New Jersey
For a Waterfront Stay
- The Reeds at Shelter Haven is a cool seaside resort with swish, contemporary rooms, a plunge pool, spoiling spa and funky rooftop terrace overlooking the water. Affordable luxury for a weekend away as a couple or with friends.
- The Hewitt Wellington promises a superb stay in Spring Lake. A lakeside Victorian property close to the beach, the hotel boasts spacious rooms and suites with period features and modern comforts, as well as a heated outdoor pool and delectable fine dining. For couples or families.
- Hotel LBI is a lively modern property on Long Beach Island. Stay here for the indoor pool, multiple dining options, flexible, family-friendly accommodation — some rooms offer sea views and kitchenettes — and stunning rooftop space. Just three blocks from the beach, the hotel also offers a fun beach club.
- Lambertville Station Inn is a charming waterfront pad set in an old train station on the Delaware River. Soak up tranquil river views, spend your days walking, kayaking, tubing or visiting cultural attractions before dining on seasonal fare in the excellent restaurant. Romantic, but also family-friendly.
For a charming B&B
- The Wooden Duck Inn, near Newton, is a tranquil B&B with ten spacious rooms and an appealing sense of seclusion. Take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool, explore the surrounding woodlands, or head further afield for fishing, hiking, cycling and horse riding. For outdoorsy types.
- Château Inn & Suites is an elegant Spring Lake B&B with sumptuous rooms and suites featuring fireplaces and marble bathrooms with soaking tubs. Enjoy delicious breakfasts and kick back in the gardens before heading out for beach days, golf, fishing or horse riding.
- The Neighbour House offers four quaint, comfortable rooms in a Greek Revival farmhouse, surrounded by 800 acres of land. Pick this place for an intimate rural escape. Families are welcome and there's stacks of space for little ones to explore! Quiet and laid-back.
- Lily Inn is set one block from the Delaware River, in Burlington's fascinating historic district. With just five guestrooms featuring pretty floral accents, a lovely courtyard and friendly owner-managers, this is a brilliant base for history aficionados or nature lovers. The building itself dates back 300 years.
- The Inn at Glencairn has an intriguing pre-Revolutionary War history, and is a wonderful choice for a rural escape within easy reach of Princeton. Book one of five characterful rooms and savour gourmet breakfasts of locally-sourced produce. For history buffs.
- The Southern Mansion is an opulent B&B with 1.5 acres of mature gardens. Priding itself on its impeccable Southern hospitality, this property is ideal for travellers looking to immerse themselves in Cape May's fascinating history. Stay here to experience the charm of a bygone era.
For Contemporary Cool
- The MC Hotel is a chic, luxury pick in vibrant Montclair. Expect cool, contemporary rooms, an onsite art gallery, trendy eatery and hip rooftop bar. An artsy city pad for creative types, within striking distance of New York City.
- Archer Hotel Florham Park has a smart, industrial feel, with understated communal areas and spacious guestrooms offering a hint of pared-back glamour. The swimming pool and games room make this a fun family base, as well as an upscale business trip choice on the outskirts of Morristown.
- Envue Hotel offers a slick city base on the banks of the Hudson River. Rooms feature a monochrome metallic palette and floor-to-ceiling windows with impressive NYC views. The rooftop bar and events space are a highlight. Ideal for a business stay or swish city break.
- Lambertville House Hotel features old-school interiors and a charming, flower-filled courtyard for feasting on the bistro's delicious fare or sipping a glass of wine after a day spent strolling along the Delaware River. A romantic couples' pick in Lambertville.
- The Virginia has been a sophisticated seaside hotel since the nineteenth century, and its charm continues to attract well-heeled travellers. The property's especially pretty façade is a real standout — but it's the warm welcome and flavoursome food that keep visitors coming back again and again. An adults-only foodie classic in Cape May.
- The George Montclair is a design-led boutique hotel in artsy Montclair. Think traditional charm fused with quirky, modern touches in rooms and shared areas. Created by make-up mogul Bobbi Brown, this is a chic city pad for well-heeled couples.
- The Peacock Inn offers glamorous rooms with an appealing Art Deco feel in an 18th-century Princeton mansion. Well-located for exploring the university city, the hotel is great for friends or couples, who can kick off the evening with a cocktail or two at the bar.
- Casablanca promises an enchanting couples' stay, with ten beautifully-appointed bedrooms and easy access to both Cape May's many attractions and the beach. Think wooden beds with intricately carved headboards topped with crisp white linens, as well as cosy fireplaces and wonderful free-standing tubs.
- Congress Hall was the USA's first seaside resort, and has been open for more than 200 years. Expect chic, characterful interiors with flexible family options, fabulous food and stacks for the everyone to see and do — including a programme of special events for children. Go cycling, splash around the pool, play games in the gardens, hit the beach or unwind at the spa. A Cape May classic.
- The Star is a bright, renovated motel-turned-boutique-inn, just a block from the beach. Book a two-bedroom Star Suite if travelling as a family, with quirky, colourful furnishings in the bedrooms and kitchen-sitting area. You'll have access to sister hotel Congress Hall's many impressive facilities, whilst retaining a low-key, small hotel vibe. A lovely 19-room base for families or groups.
- The Bungalow Hotel is a hip boutique spot with a seriously cool design focus. Think monochrome communal areas, eclectic artwork and a generous games room. Some rooms feature sea views, all have kitchenettes, and the beach is just minutes away. Fun for couples, groups or families.
- Lokal Hotel Cape May is a funky design hotel with retro interiors. The two-bedroom apartment suites are perfect for families, whilst guests of all ages will love the saltwater pool and the thoughtful beach kits. Cook up a storm at one of the outdoor grilling stations in the evening! A great family or group pick.
- Carroll Villa Hotel is a wonderful Victorian building with sophisticated interiors. Brilliant for upbeat families, couples or groups of friends, this fun, 19-room pad is the only venue in Cape May with live music every evening. Kick back at the bar or the buzzing restaurant and enjoy the tunes! Also close to the beach — some rooms have sea views.
For Great Value
- The Asbury promises simple, minimialist accommodation just moments from Asbury Park's boardwalk. Pick this place for its great value, friendly feel and generous common areas — including table tennis, pool tables and a funky rooftop bar. A slick, value-conscious choice.
- The Chelsea Inn is a quirky Atlantic City pick with ten individually-designed bedrooms set above a historic pub. Stay here for easy access to the beach, and plenty of convivial, small hotel charm. Also excellent value.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Newark Liberty International Airport and travel by bus or taxi to your destination in New Jersey. Depending on where you are staying, you can also make your way across New Jersey from Philadelphia International Airport, or overland from New York City.
- New Jersey is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds, excellent hotel deals and lots of migratory bird-spotting.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Cape May.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in New York State.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in New Jersey
Best Hotels in New Jersey
The Chelsea Inn Atlantic City 10 rooms from £62City Style - Step back in time in this historic inn and pub - an atmospheric stay packed full of antiques and characterBoutique - A charming historical hotel offering a boutique personalised staySights nearby - Atlantic City Broadwalk is a must on any trip to the city, sample salt water taffy and explore the shops and eateriesRestrictions on children - Children over 12 are welcome
A historic inn and pub set just moments from the coast in Atlantic City. Each room is individually styled and packed full of character. Expect heavy antiques, beamed ceilings, and wooden floors. Downstairs the pub serves hearty cuisine in an atmospheric setting. A memorable boutique stay. See More
The Asbury Asbury Park, New Jersey 110 rooms from £86Active Holiday - The games room, local swimming on offer and many nearby golf courses mean there are plenty of opportunities to stay activeCity Style - The Asbury enjoys a wonderfully central location in Asbury ParkLocal markets - Go visit The Market-a union of local, national and independent shops, artists and designersSights nearby - Spend a day in NYC and see all the iconic sights it has to offerRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Asbury is a contemporary hotel located 300 metres from the city's boardwalk. It offers chic and simplistic accommodation, spacious common areas with table tennis and a pool table, and an outdoor pool. Enjoy a drink at sunset at The Baronet bar's rooftop garden! A friendly and unique city spot. See More
The Neighbour House Long Valley, New Jersey 4 rooms from £87Total relaxation - Enjoy acres of private land, uninterrupted views, atmospheric firepit & charming covered porch; well-suited to relaxing weekendsCountry Escape - Encapsulates the epitome of rural life with rolling hills, working stables, farm shops and scenic country walksValue chic - Offers fantastic value for money, especially Pink and White roomsGreat walks - Spend days outdoors walking the Columbia Trail or hiking in nearby Schooley's Mountain Park & Morristown National Historic Park
Greek Revival colonial farmhouse surrounded by 800 acres of farmland. Victorian decor matches the property; enjoy eight roaring fireplaces, sweeping staircase, pine floors, columned porch and brick veranda. Large rooms have a traditional cosy feel with country views. Perfect for tranquil getaways. See More
The Reeds at Shelter Haven New Jersey 58 rooms from £95Beach Life - Head to the beach in style with complimentary electric shuttle, beach chairs, towels, tags, and umbrellas plus waterfront diningSpa breaks - Whether for couples, hen parties or friends get-togethers, the spa excels in treatments & packages for groups & private partiesValue chic - Amazing value for luxury resort with fantastic amenities. Affordable weekend break with styleSpa - Enjoy two floors of pampering heaven at the Salt Spa with Turkish Bath, blow-out bar, flotation therapy & inhalation lounge
Luxury water-front resort with all the trimmings. Beautifully-appointed contemporary rooms offer fresh decor and top-quality furnishings. Indulgent, yet affordable, weekend-away material: expect a nearby beach, on-site restaurants, sea views, spoiling spa and rooftop terrace, plunge pool & hot tub. See More
The Colonial Inn Smithville, New Jersey 30 rooms from £106Local exploring - Perfect base to explore historic Smithville on foot, with its charming cobbled streets, quaint shops, restaurants and amusementsRomantic Break - Leeds Room is perfect for romantic breaks with four-poster bed, lake views and soaking tubRestrictions on children - The inn's Main House is adult only, while The Barn accepts guests of all agesSights nearby - Head into Atlantic City to experience gambling at its world-famous casinos
Historic inn located in downtown Smithville. Matching their old-world surroundings, units are spread across the Main House, Barn and dotted around the village. Period-style rooms decorated with antiques range from rustic to traditional-glam, but all have a warm and homely feel. Quaint weekend base. See More
Wooden Duck Inn Newton, New Jersey 10 rooms from £108Views - Enjoy gorgeous views any time of year, filled with wooded acres, rolling hills and wildlife throughout.Four poster beds - The Mallard and Pintail rooms have four-poster beds.Great walks - Give the Sussex Rail Trail a shot!Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Secluded and cosy country bed-and-breakfast inn with outdoor pool. Each room is distinct, with fireplaces, balconies and four-poster beds each in select rooms and an overarching theme of rustic, traditional country chic. Indulge yourself every morning on a mouth-watering three-course breakfast. See More
Bungalow Hotel Long Branch, New Jersey 24 rooms from £108Beach Life - It's 300m to white-sand Long Branch Beach; enjoy sea views from rooms. Nearest private beach club is minutes on footLocal exploring - The hotel's Pier Village development boasts restaurants, day spas, shops, arcades, art galleries and barsSurfing - The area's great for surfing and paddle-boarding. If you've never hit the waves before, sign up for private lessonsSwimming Pool - For a small charge, hotel guests can access sister hotel, The Wave, with beach club, pool and kid's areaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels , Tablet
Cool boutique hotel with contemporary design and decor minutes from the beach. Spacious rooms with serious style feature fresh all-white palette and unique artwork; some boast sea views and all have kitchenettes. Atmospheric bar and lounge, plus games room. Works for couples, friends or families. See More
Chateau Inn & Suites Spring Lake, New Jersey 37 rooms from £108Beach Life - Enjoy complimentary beach passes during the summer seasonGreat walks - Stroll along Spring Lake’s prestigious beaches on its two-mile private boardwalkViews - Most rooms feature views of Divine and Potter ParksFishing - Spend a day fishing at Spring Lake
An elegant inn set on the Jersey Shore in the village of Spring Lake. Rooms are spacious with neutral palettes, wood-burning fireplaces, marble bathrooms, and soaking tubs. Indulgent continental breakfasts are served and there are plenty of spots to curl up with a good book. A charming stay. See More
The Virginia Cape May 24 rooms from £120Local exploring - Historic district locations means Victorian buildings, shops and restaurants surround you and the beach is a few blocks awayBeach Life - Stays include access to the beach club and facilities at Congress Hall, the Virginia's beach-front sister hotelRomantic Break - Intimate and boutique with access to luxe facilities nearby, this is a great choice for couplesSights nearby - The area's 600+ 19th century buildings are worth exploring; look for Queen Anne, Italianate, Gothic Revival and Colonial styles
Quaint and cosy centrally-located boutique hotel with contemporary decor, comforts and cuisine. Impeccable Victorian exterior gives way to velvet furnishings, glossy woods, pretty floral wallpaper and eclectic antique touches. Enjoy porch, sexy bar, fireside lounge & on-trend dining. Heritage cool. See More
The Lily Inn Burlington, New Jersey 5 rooms from £125Local exploring - Well-located to explore downtown Burlington & surrounding countryside, yet easy to get to Philidelphia or New York for day tripsRomantic Break - Book the Mary Smith Room for romantic four-poster bed, private fireplace, William Morris wallpaper and garden viewsRiverside - The Delaware River is less than two blocks from the propertySights nearby - Nearby theme parks and amusement atttractions include Adventure Aquarium, Sesame Place and Six Flags Great Adventure
300-hundred-year-old inn located in the heart of historic Burlington. Traditional red brick facade houses beautiful period rooms; expect four-poster beds, original wood floors and marble fireplaces. Enjoy the sunny terrace in warmer months and charming library, dining room and kitchen open to all. See More
The Whistling Swan Inn Stanhope, New Jersey 9 rooms from £125Local exploring - Area offers endless activities throughout the year from vineyard and brewery tours to skiing, antique shopping, boating & hikingTotal relaxation - Plenty of spots to sit back with a book or glass of wine; enjoy manicured gardens, side-porch hammock, shaded veranda & parlourRomantic Break - Book a stay in a suite; each boasts two-person Jacuzzis, fluffy robes and fireplacesSailing - Head out on a sunset cruise of fishing expedition. Swartswood Lake State Park offers kayaking, paddle-boards and canoes
Handsome Victorian home with impressive garden transformed into a romantic and welcoming owner-run B&B. Elegant rooms stay true to the period with fireplaces and floral prints, but all offer modern creature comforts. Cosy shared spaces encourage relaxation, indoors and out. Ideal base for exploring. See More
Carroll Villa Hotel Cape May 19 rooms from £132Close to nightlife - The property's Blue Batter Bar is Cape May's only venue featuring live music every night. The place to come for fun happy hoursLively area - On-site bar features live music well into the night. For those looking for night-time entertainment rather than quiet eveningsLocal exploring - Everything Cape May has to offer is walking distance; beaches, Victorian-era historic district, restaurants, shops and barsBeach Life - Endless white-sand Cape May State Beach is at the end of the road. Beach umbrellas and chairs are included in the rate
Family-owned hotel with fun restaurant, bar and live music just metres from the beach. Pretty Victorian exterior houses well-appointed rooms with sophisticated nautical palettes, Craftsman and mid-century furnishings and modern styling; some have sea views. Suits upbeat couples and families. See More
The Harrison Cape May 9 rooms from £148Romantic Break - You won't be interrupted in the Summer Cottage. Enjoy sumptuous interiors, fireplace, Jacuzzi and stargazing on the patioSights nearby - The central locations means that historic buildings, Washington Street Mall, restaurants and beach are all walking distanceGreat walks - Pack a picnic and head out for the day to Cape May State Park with its ocean views and sand dunesWhirlpool Bathtub - The Summer Cottage features a Jaccuzi tub
Romantic B&B in a former Victorian home. A contemporary take on opulent 19th-century decor combines Renaissance-style furnishings, period armoires, wall coverings, plush carpets and sleek marble bathrooms. Enjoy afternoon tea on the porch. Glossy heritage charm with modern comforts. See More
Congress Hall Cape May 107 rooms from £148Historic - Known as America's first seaside resort, the hotel has been in operation for 200+ years. Famous guests include former presidentsFamilies - As well as seasonal activities and goodies on arrival, the resort puts on Friday Family nights with movies, campfires & s'moresTotal relaxation - Perfect ingredients for a holiday in the sun; pools, beach, spa, great food, yoga, fitness and sites within walking distanceBeach Life - There's direct access onto the wide long sandy-beach with complimentary loungers, umbrellas and towels plus private cabanas
Grand Victorian-era institution offering classic American seaside holidays. As well as direct beach access, there's fun for all the family with spa, pools, sea-facing lawn, fire-pits, multiple restaurants and bars. Powder-blue rooms channel beach cottages with American heritage-style furniture. See More
The Inn at Glencairn Princeton 5 rooms from £152Country Escape - Enjoy weekends with farm-style breakfasts, country walks, fresh air, afternoons by the fire and uninterrupted nights sleepFamilies - Two-bedroom Baldwin Suite, located in the original stone section of the manor, has a twin bed room that's great for kidsWeddings - The property leafy ground's and charming historic outhouses and barns are perfect for elopements and micro-weddingsLocal exploring - A tranquil and scenic base from which to explore the area's sites, parks, university, museums and nearby citiesRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Idyllic country inn with pre-Revolutionary war history. Quaint rooms feature four-poster beds, wood floors, decorative fireplaces and Greek moulding. Enjoy the main area's revolving art collection, oriental carpets, beamed ceilings and 12-foot original cooking fireplace. Shabby chic gourmet haven. See More
The MC Hotel Montclair, New Jersey 159 rooms from £152Local exploring - Montclair offers a vibrant and creative arts scene with galleries, museums, historic homes, theater, music venues and boutiquesArtworks - Serves as a gallery for local artists, as well as being a collaborator on on-trend community initiatives with local creativesCity Style - Spacious open-plan spaces showcase contemporary design at its best; fresh, original and designed for optimum experienceBusiness meetings - Series of contemporary, light-filled, indoor and outdoor spaces make it ideal venue for wide range of functions
Stylish new-build luxury hotel centered on strong links with local Montclair community. Sleek rooms with timeless design and industrial palette have contemporary minimalist feel. Operating as art gallery and creative hub, there's also fab dining experiences, plus rooftop bar and trendy restaurant. See More
The George Montclair Montclair, New Jersey 31 rooms from £154City Style - Founded by makeup magnate Bobbi Brown - design costs have not been scrimped on here - the feel is classy & boutiqueSights nearby - Take a stroll around the picturesque Van Vleck House & GardensPrivate Hot Tub - The George Suite has a private hot tub and gardenDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A design-led boutique (the brainchild of makeup mogul Bobbi Brown) in central Montclair. Beautifully crafted interiors have the feel of a traditional mansion yet the touches are quirky and modern. Fittings are well-considered (think Dyson hairdryers and one-off photographs). A very chic stay. See More
The Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake, New Jersey 20 rooms from £155Beach Life - It's less than three blocks to Spring Lake Beach, an endless stretch of white sand. Passes, beach bags and chairs providedLakeside - Located on the West side of Spring Lake, the property offers refreshing lake views and water-front trails in Divine ParkFamilies - All suites accept four guests making this a great option for families. For more privacy, Room 28 offers two large roomsSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor swimming pool is open in the summer months
Immaculate Victorian hotel with idyllic lakeside position minutes from the beach. Beautifully refurbished rooms and spacious suites offer plush comfort with a classic period feel. Fab location and a heated outdoor pool are ideal for families while couples will enjoy the romantic fine-dining. See More
The Star Cape May 19 rooms from £158Beach Life - The endless white-sand Cape May State Beach is at the end of the street. Take advantage of Congress Hall's beach club & cabanasGroups - Carriage House Suites features two bedrooms, full kitchens and washer/dryers, making them ideal for families or groupsWriting a novel - Great-value deals for long-stay options in Star or Carriage House Suites are available. Remote work with a sea view!Local exploring - Historic District location means Victorian-era buildings, shops, restaurants and beach are all walking distance
Classic beach motel revamped with modern boutique interiors. Rooms, suites and multi-bedroom bungalows steps from the sand, with facilities of nearby sister hotel, offer great-value. Decor blends fresh white palette with jewel-tone furnishings and color pops; porches have sea views. Fab beach base. See More
The Nassau Inn Princeton 188 rooms from £162Weddings - A favourite venue for Princeton weddings with 10,000 sq ft of event space, 13 rooms, outdoor patios and fab cateringLocal exploring - The hotel's central Palmer Square location means that great dining and shopping are literally on the doorstepSights nearby - Take a guided tour of world-famous Princeton University or visit Drumthwacket or Morven Museum & GardenFour poster beds - For romantics.
Popular centrally-located hotel with over 260 years of history. Elegant rooms with period furnishings channel timeless colonial style; suites are fantastic. Charming traditional wood-panelled tavern is bursting with atmosphere. Professional events team on-site for business functions and weddings. See More
Lambertville House Hotel Lambertville, New Jersey 26 rooms from £164Romantic - Whether opting for a romance package or not you are sure to value time with your partner in the intimate atmosphere of the hotelSights nearby - The James A. Michener Art Museum and Mercer Museum are a 22 minute drive from the hotel.
Sophisticated inn near the Delaware River. Interiors are well-appointed with classic design. Bar offers Martini menu, selection of wines and small plates. Restaurant serves delicious and flavourful fare by Dish Catering. Eat outside in the courtyard garden with flowers creeping up the trellises. See More
Archer Hotel Florham Park Florham Park, New Jersey 161 rooms from £166Families - Informal but well-equipped hotel with spacious rooms, relaxed dining, large grounds and indoor pool for kids to have fun inBusiness meetings - Extremely large contemporary-style meeting and event spaces work for a variety of different functions and conferencesSights nearby - For a taste of local history visit Historic Speedwell, Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Washington's HeadquartersSwimming Pool - Large indoor pool with natural daylight and poolside rocking chairs is family-friendly
Contemporary hotel with a resort feel on the edge of town. Modern open-plan design gives a laid-back friendly feel to industrial-cool interiors. Slick yet welcoming rooms channel understated glamour and there's dining, games room and pool. Works for business, events or family-friendly leisure stays. See More
Inn on Main Manasquan, New Jersey 12 rooms from £169Beach Life - Enjoy Jersey Shore beaches, broadwalks and seaside towns with their amusement parks and coastal pathsSights nearby - Visit Jenkinson's Aquarium and Jenkinson's Boardwalk with rides, food and gamesGreat walks - Head to Fisherman's Cove Conservation Area or Mallard Park waterfront parkRestrictions on children - Children aged 13 and above are welcome
Small-town centrally located inn minutes from the beach. Elegant rooms are all one of a kind; each features contemporary furnishings with period touches. Think, large fireplaces, plush carpets and graceful sleigh beds. Housing two restaurants on the ground floor as well as a courtyard gazebo. See More
The Madison Hotel Morristown, New Jersey 186 rooms from £172Weddings - Grand Victorian-inspired greenhouse-style conservatory hung with chandeliers is ideal for romantic weddings and special eventsBusiness meetings - Host large functions over 14 meeting rooms over 14,000 sq feet of event space. Perfect set-up for gala dinnersSights nearby - New Jersey Midtown Direct Express to New York is located one minute from the hotel's entrance. Be in central NYC in an hour!Great walks - Loantaka Brook Reservation and George Griswold Frelinghuysen Arboretum offer walking trails and scenic picnic spots
Elegant country resort with direct access to New York. Georgian facade houses opulent late-Victorian interiors, while spacious rooms feel timeless with period touches. Great set-up for large functions with multiple dining options, impressive event space, indoor swimming pools, gym & large grounds. See More
Casablanca Cape May 10 rooms from £175Local exploring - The location is a few blocks from the beach and minutes away from the shops, restaurants and bars of Washington Street MallRomantic Break - Designed for romance. Enjoy alone time with in-room fireplaces, free-standing air tubs and adult-only environmentBeach Life - Walk to the beach in a matter of minutes. Beach bags, towel and chairs are provided on a compliementary basisGreat walks - Spend the day in Cape May Point State Park with its sand dunes, sea views and historic lighthouse
Pretty 19th-century beach cottage transformed into contemporary design-led boutique property. Light and airy rooms feature grand antique beds, gas fires, statement bathrooms and fresh 'beach house' touches. Enjoy the dining room, porch and common lounge. Centrally located and perfect for couples. See More
Hotel LBI Ship Bottom, New Jersey 102 rooms from £176Beach Life - Complimentary shuttle runs reguarly to the beach three blocks away. Towels, chairs, boogie boards and bikes are availableWeddings - The conseravtory is ideal for celebrations with its vaulted ceilings, gas fireplace and panoramic windowsGroups - Great room options for friends or families looking to stay together; book Studio or Bunk SuitesSailing - Spend the day on the water... go crabbing, head out on a fishing expedition or exploring the island's coastline
Modern hotel on Long Beach Island three blocks from the sea. Spacious rooms and suites with flexible sleeping set-ups all feature kitchenettes, some have balconies and water views. Enjoy the beach club, indoor pool, multiple dining options and stunning rooftop. Crowd-pleaser with a holiday feel. See More
Woolverton Inn Stockton, New Jersey 14 rooms from £176Romantic Break - With fireplaces, luxurious whirlpool tubs, bucolic views and stocked fridges- this is the perfect couples' hideawayGreat walks - Don't miss a stroll at dusk from the inn’s porch down to the banks of the Delaware River, crossing the bridge to PennsylvaniaLocal markets - Take an excursion to the Golden Nugget Antique Flea Market on Wednesday'sRestrictions on children - Over 12s only
A charming B&B in the Bucks County area. Rooms are spacious and luxurious with patterned headboards, fireplaces and bathrooms with walk-in showers and stand-alone whirlpool tubs. Start your morning with an indulgent 3-course breakfast. An ideal choice for a romantic hideaway. See More
Southern Mansion Cape May 24 rooms from £176Weddings - Perfectly suited with lush lawn for cocktail receptions, grand Victorian staircase, multiple event spaces & romantic backdropBusiness meetings - Hold business meetings and events for up to 60 people with function rooms, meeting planner, catering and good on-site techLocal exploring - The property is just 10 mins walk to the beach or Washington Street Mall with its restaurants and shopsSights nearby - Learn about the area with visits to Cape May lighthouse, Victorian historic district, Physick Estate and Cape May County Museum
Centrally-located Victorian mansion set amongst leafy grounds. Classic period rooms feature antique four-poster beds, hand-painted tiles and ceiling fans. Relax in the double-height living room, solarium and original wrap-around porch with rocking chairs. A grand property with old-world charm. See More
Lambertville Station Inn Lambertville, New Jersey 46 rooms from £178Local exploring - Spend a weekend enjoying river views, great dining and local exploring at a range of natural, cultural and historical sitesBusiness meetings - Impressive river-facing rooms work for functions, events, conferences and weddings, plus ballroom and riverside terraceGreat walks - Enjoy Washington's Crossing Historic Park or visit Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park for walking, cycling and picnicsSights nearby - Visit Font Hill Castle, Mercer Museum, Peddler's Village and James Michener Art Museum
Water-front inn set in a 19th-century train station on the banks of Delaware River. Featuring a great restaurant and riverside terrace, spacious rooms and suites are decorated in a classic contemporary style; many boast stunning views and some have fireplaces. Offers top-notch facilities for events. See More
Envue Hotel Weehawken, New Jersey 204 rooms from £187Weddings - Skyline roof terrace boasts 15,000 square feet of outdoor space for one-of-a-kind weddings with dramatic New York skylineOutstanding location - Combination of New York skyline views and the ease and proximity to central Manhattan make for a special stayCity Style - Experience all Manhattan has to offer in spacious surroundings without the hustle and bustleSights nearby - With the ferry nearby, it's easy access to Broadway, Times Square, Central Park and Madison Square Garden
Contemporary luxury hotel on banks of Hudson River with incredible views over New York City. Paired-back minimalist glamour reigns supreme; expect sleek furnishings, metallic colour palette and floor-to-ceiling windows. The panoramic rooftop offers restaurant, bar and event space. Sleek city base. See More
Bernard's Inn Bernardsville, New Jersey 20 rooms from £199Country Escape - Just an hour from New York but a world away; this quaint country town in the Somerset Hills offers a perfect weekend breakLocal exploring - From museums, theatres and farm shops to parkland, gardens and country trails, there's lots to do in the vicinityBirdwatching - Scherman-Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary offer 276 acres of walking trails home to 60 species of nesting birdsGreat walks - The area abounds in parks and wildlife area perfect for hiking, cycling, riding and swimming in summer
Historic inn with romantic rooms and fine-dining restaurant in town centre. Step back into the past with four-poster beds, floral prints, antique furnishings and art work; well-appointed suites are to die for. Atmospheric bar and restaurant offer classic upscale experience. Ideal country getaway. See More
Lokal Hotel Cape May Cape May 8 rooms from £204Beach Life - On the beach across the street find custom lounge chairs and umbrellas. Beach kits include yeti coolers, towels, toys and gamesFamilies - Suites have been designed with families in mind. There's plenty of space, fab sleeping arrangements & buckets and spadesGroups - The aesthetic and general vibe works as much for groups of friends as for families; everyone feels welcome hereGreat walks - Enjoy scenic walks in dune-filled Cape May State Park, and make sure to climb the Cape May Lighthouse for fantastic views
Collection of stylish self-catered studios and family-friendly two-bedroom suites just steps from the beach. Everything's been thought of in the airy rooms; enjoy ocean breezes, decks and ample space for chilling out. Pool, BBQs, garden and fire-pit on-site. Cool and contemporary micro-beach resort. See More
The Peacock Inn Princeton 16 rooms from £208Romantic Break - A perfect spot for atmospheric drinks and dinner before climbing the stairs to your romantic suiteLocal exploring - Walking distance to shops, restaurants, historic sites and the university campusSights nearby - Slip into the past with visits to Morven Museum & Garden and Drumthwacket; both former Governor's mansionsGreat walks - Enjoy the fall colours in Herrontown Woods Arboretum, a 142-acre forest with walking trails
Well-located downtown boutique hotel and restaurant situated in an 18th-century colonial mansion. Rooms channel Art Deco glamour with antique-style furnishings, decorative fireplaces and artwork; modern bathrooms feature underfloor heating. Enjoy a glamorous bar & dining rooms with a romantic feel. See More
Atlantis Inn Ocean City, New Jersey 14 rooms from £218Roof terrace - Enjoy sunbathing with impressive sea views, outdoor fireplaces and sociable lounge furniture on the mansion's rooftopGroups - Both villas offer luxurious options for couples or friends travelling together looking for space to dine and relaxBeach Life - It's less than two blocks to Ocean City boardwalk and white-sand beach with swimming, restaurants and arcadesSights nearby - Spoilt for choice with beach-front amusement: head to Playland's Castaway Cove, Gillian's Wonderland Pier and OC Waterpark
Opulent Victorian mansion metres from the beach. Built in 1905, original architectural features combine seamlessly with ornate European-themed decor and period furnishings. Indulge with romantic beds, Turkish bathrobes, Bvlgari bath amenities and fires. Two self-catered villas work for longer stays. See More
The Hugh Cape May 8 rooms from £259Beach Life - It's a short walk to mile-long sandy Cape May State beach. Beach admission, chairs and umbrellas are included in your stayLocal exploring - The central location means that the town's historic district, shops, restaurants and beaches are all easy walking distanceSights nearby - Admire Beach Avenue's Victorian architecture, visit Cape May Lighthouse and shop in Washington StreetBirdwatching - Bird lovers must visit South Cape May Meadows, a scenic bird sanctuary with beaches and wetlands
Victorian-era boutique B&B with playful modern decor. Individually-decorated design-led rooms feature bold colour walls, modern furnishings and 20th-century art plus fun prints and patterned touches. Enjoy chef-cooked breakfasts, a wrap-around porch, monochrome-chic lounge and pretty dining room. See More